It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Charged for Helping Feral Cats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
More stupid government in action .....

This is stupid when the government would be better served working with people rather than bullying them into compliance .... she should bill them for the costs if they find her guilty since it was technically their cats who are roaming free ......

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
States must be really hard up for money if they have to resort to such robbery.

All I have to say is, I hope you get overrun with feral cats and these lawmakers who enacted these bogus rules get clawed up first.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Seems to me she was doing a public service.

If they are spayed and neutered they aren't spraying everything, they're not reproducing and they aren't fighting as much.

They ought to give her a commendation.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by tport17

You people are amazing, cats kill anything they can catch; they live to catch and kill...not eat, just catch and kill. I have a large variety of wild birds, reptiles and bugs that find my property a haven for them year around but my neighbor's cats also love my property to hang out and hunt. For example, I have an extended family of Alligator Lizards who for years would run around without fear of anything, including me but then my neighbors cats began catching, killing and maiming them. The Yellow-headed Blackbirds that use to nest in the one of the birdhouses put up..Gone, the Orchard Orioles...Gone, the Valley Quails that would march across here and there to forage and take a drink in my pond..gone, Vermilion Flycatchers...gone.

So don't tell me about the poor Ferrel Cats...Cats are fine in your home and your house but not in mine and certainly not left to run wild and breed like the vermin they are but, I can see how many of you would relate to them, like Cats, people ruin anything natural and beautiful inevitably.

This lady was spaying and neutering the cats and getting them vaccinated.

She did not want these cats running around and took measures to prevent more from being born and infecting her own animals and other animals. What do you suggest she should have done? Drown them?
edit on 5-11-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

Are you some kind of simpleton? A Healthy Neutered Cat may not breed but is just as much of a predator.
edit on 5-11-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

I was referring to the part where you said:

Cats are fine in your home and your house but not in mine and certainly not left to run wild and breed like the vermin they are

In my opinion, cats should be kept indoors, and there are many more predators out there than cats.
But way to go on remaining civil in an online forum.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Feral cats are a HUGE problem around here.

They estimated that there are around 8,000 and they used to trap them and put them to sleep but now they just sterilize them and release them back into the area.

I preferred it when they just humanely put them down. It's crazy how many there are around here.

My 2 dogs keep my property cat free though.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, it is well known how I feel about cats but when there is a large enough feral population then spay and neutering techniques just are not effective enough to control the blight that will eventually come and wipe them out. My suggestion for this woman is to save her money and go the euthanasia route.

It is glaringly obvious that her local elected and appointed officials have gone completely feral and are showing signs of sickness with their abuses of authority. I suggest she purchase radio air time for political ads explaining how they like to kill animals, which one of the signs of of a psychopath, as they come up for re-election. If she does this enough, I think her feral local government problem might be taken care of in a few years.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by tport17

It has been my experience that cats belong to NOBODY; rather we belong to them if we are fortunate enough to be chosen by them.

I don't think the "authorities" in this case have a paw to stand on!

That was purrrfect! Hopefully they see what a silly charge this would be.

Makes you wonder sometime

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Eventually through punishment and fines, the government will discourage every kind deed that people have to offer to make the world a tiny bit more tolerable and share what little hope there is left. In the end...................they will have created a bankrupt world with automotons running the show.

When you look at the big picture of all the crazy things that the government is promoting via enforcement to stop people from being humane or making a postive difference.............it begins to look more and more like the beginning of a holocaust world.

In a normal world she would have been commended for doing a good service.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just want to add to this thread that cats and other feral animals - were here first. Just as we decimate indigenous people we also decimate natural habitat.

Cats can be described as feral because we attach that label but the reality is - we have settled land and urbanised the terrain. We are the ones who owe it to the cats - and all living creatures - to live with them. Killing them is sad but sometimes an only option and that is because of our complex government laws and fast paced soulless living standards.

I currently have two cats of 12 & 13 years - both dumped as tiny little kittens barely old enough to fend for themselves. Milly is 12 and was dumped on a dirt track way way out of town with two siblings. One sibling had perished and the vet nurse who found them kept the other. When I went to collect Milly she was so small she had to put her feet into the bowl to reach the food. Mirrabellus was dumped out near a farm in what we Aussies call the bush. The nearby farmer found her - he had other cats but they were working cats. Mirrabellus found her way to the feed shed where the other cats were and the farmer told me - the first time I saw her she was so small I thought she was a rat.

Woosti died three years ago from renal failure (tore my heart out) she was from an owner who refused to spend money on the one family cat to have her de-sexed but had shares in a racehorse. She was amazing and I still miss her. Amikas is my boy cat who was dumped and not one neighbour knew where he came from. He would come each afternoon and play with my girls so I called him the boyfriend cat. He cannot eat man made cat food so I cater for him and for months at a time he will go back to where he was dumped - the street behind my house. Luckily a lady lives there and she is married to a butcher - so he gets fed and loved.

All my pets stay inside at night to protect them as much as other animals. They know their names when I call and come to my whistle. They have been through some woefully stressful times with me and the love and trust they give me is not able to be measured or described with words.

Every so called feral cat - has the same ability as our beloved pet cats only the feral cats are too busy trying to survive as we keep decimating our planet. This is why I have authored this post - because - my pets would have been feral had I not stepped in and cared for them. The woman at the heart of this thread obviously respects all living creatures and I hope her story goes viral.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Just want to add to this thread that cats and other feral animals - were here first. Just as we decimate indigenous people we also decimate natural habitat.

Cats can be described as feral because we attach that label but the reality is - we have settled land and urbanised the terrain. We are the ones who owe it to the cats - and all living creatures - to live with them. Killing them is sad but sometimes an only option and that is because of our complex government laws and fast paced soulless living standards.

I currently have two cats of 12 & 13 years - both dumped as tiny little kittens barely old enough to fend for themselves. Milly is 12 and was dumped on a dirt track way way out of town with two siblings. One sibling had perished and the vet nurse who found them kept the other. When I went to collect Milly she was so small she had to put her feet into the bowl to reach the food. Mirrabellus was dumped out near a farm in what we Aussies call the bush. The nearby farmer found her - he had other cats but they were working cats. Mirrabellus found her way to the feed shed where the other cats were and the farmer told me - the first time I saw her she was so small I thought she was a rat.

Woosti died three years ago from renal failure (tore my heart out) she was from an owner who refused to spend money on the one family cat to have her de-sexed but had shares in a racehorse. She was amazing and I still miss her. Amikas is my boy cat who was dumped and not one neighbour knew where he came from. He would come each afternoon and play with my girls so I called him the boyfriend cat. He cannot eat man made cat food so I cater for him and for months at a time he will go back to where he was dumped - the street behind my house. Luckily a lady lives there and she is married to a butcher - so he gets fed and loved.

All my pets stay inside at night to protect them as much as other animals. They know their names when I call and come to my whistle. They have been through some woefully stressful times with me and the love and trust they give me is not able to be measured or described with words.

Every so called feral cat - has the same ability as our beloved pet cats only the feral cats are too busy trying to survive as we keep decimating our planet. This is why I have authored this post - because - my pets would have been feral had I not stepped in and cared for them. The woman at the heart of this thread obviously respects all living creatures and I hope her story goes viral.

Much Peace...

Another Closet Genius who is really just another imbecile. Cats like these where bred, raised and brought to this country...they are no indigenous. However, I would willingly put up with 10 Cats for every one like you who leaves the country...10 to 1...that is more than fair.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Can you please stop with the name calling? It is against T&C.

Back to the OP, what a silly world we live in when good deeds get punished.
Oh and I love my cat, I enjoy it when he kills mice and brings me back a bloody mess as a present.
I asked my cat once "what do you dream of?" he told me "Murder and torture!" thats my boy

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You have taken the word indigenous literally - use your lateral thinking and think a bit deeper. The animals were here before we were - on the planet. Feral cats become feral because people dump them because they don't want to care for them anymore and could not be bothered finding an alternative home.

People do not get their animals de-sexed and dump the kittens. We all know the will to live is strong and animals are no different to a human yearning to live. Feral cats did not just appear. Feral cats are abundant in many places and why - because humans got in the way with urbanising the habitat. Along with urbanisation comes people wanting pets and when they tire of the pets - dump them - that is the answer.

So - I must admit this post is shorter than my previous post but I did simplify it for you. Feral cats did not appear by magic so please think deeper and realise humans are a part of the problem. Telling people to leave the country just shows me you do not like to discuss a subject just run in and make a judgement without asking questions.

Much Peace...to all the animals, everywhere...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
An old friend I've known for years does the same thing across town from Liberty,
but has received awards for her work. Go figure.

She does work tirelessly though for all strays year round and finds good homes
for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It would seem natural that the women does not own those cats. When I spend my own money to help someone I do not own them. I only helped them and I did not expect anything in return.

It is like saying that if I give food to homeless people I just bought them and now they are my property.

What is this township thinking? They have a feral cat problem. Those cats most likely could spread disease and cause attacks on little kids. If you give those vacs it keep disease. If you get them `fixed` than they not not reproduce. It simply makes perfect sense to curb the feral car problem.

The local government will not attempt any solution, one person does have a solution and starts carrying, and the government arrest said person. Wow!

I bet someone wanted to make money off the feral cat problem and this women messed that up. It usually something related to money when a clear and simple solution is considered a crime.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
MIssouri must be super hard-up for revenue, to do something so idiotic and unfair.

I have a friend who lives just outside the city limits of St. Louis. She had an animal control officer visit her to make sure that her dogs were properly "licensed". My friend said she got the proper licensing from the city. The officer said she also had to have licensing from the county as well, something my friend was not told and had no idea about.

While talking with this over-zealous public servant, my friend's cat slipped out. The officer said that my friend was violating the leash law by letting the cat out without a leash (!). My friend said, she ran out, I didn't let her out. Then the officer harrassed her over not having the proper city AND county license for the cat.[...]

Which she will never have to pay if she knows who and what she is, and follows the guidelines in the link below on how to fire your government.

The gov't is only doing its proper job when it brings pain and suffering on people who willingly believe in the Easter Bunny (that is, legal fictions). That pain and suffering is what is necessary to bring people to terms with the real Authority in this universe. Don't begrudge the gov't its job. It's performing exactly to specification.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I've a friend who lives in a neighborhood in Jamestown NY in which Ferrel cats are a big problem.

The local SPCA offers trap rental at $20 a cat, for which the cat will be disposed of.

Obviously if there is a problem with cats, the cost to my friend could be astronomical. So he purchased his own trap, identical to that of the SPCA. He then takes the cat to a state owned land of hundreds of acres and releases the cats there.

Well his cat loving neighbor found out he was trapping the cats and reported him to authorities. The authorities asked my friend what he was doing, and then left him to his own devices. They were happy.

As to the lady who had the cats neutered/spayed, I'd rather she spent the money having them destroyed. While their population can no longer grow, they still present problems for the community.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
She has been found GUILTY!
The jury decided she was harboring cats in excess of the 4 allowed. Can't provide a link as I am not on my laptop right now.

Edit: Here is a link. Source
edit on 5-11-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

WHAT?!!!! Was this jury rigged with cat haters?!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

What?
How did this even get to court? Seriously, shouldn't this simply have never been allowed before a jury? Not sure how it works over there but over here i cannot imagine the CPS allowing this type of case to proceed. Someone will probably prove me wrong with an example though!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benchkey
reply to post by tport17

As to the lady who had the cats neutered/spayed, I'd rather she spent the money having them destroyed. While their population can no longer grow, they still present problems for the community.

I wish there was a group of people going around trapping and disposing of people like you, who think the solution to everything is "killing"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join