It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most AGGRESSIVE nation on earth!!! (Guess before clicking...)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I do not think it is a correct analysis. To define the most aggressive nation it needs to be defined over time. England has been in existence for a long time. Other nations have been in existence for a far shorter period of time and in that time frame have been more aggressive.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Not every third world country receive aids from you...And even if they do ,they do it because you have IMPORTANT interests in their countries,involving Oil,mines,slavery,propaganda,food ,water,sunshine,people or whatever the goody it is you are looking for in there... check your history...and always keep an open mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

You don't manage to build the largest empire the human race has ever seen (well...in recorded history at least) without being a little bit pushy!

We asked nicely first...if the answer was no, we did a little arse kicking and broke wind in their general direction.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It's ironic that a nation that broke free from the tyranny of British rule ended up becoming the strongest superpower and most aggressive nation on earth (taking over from the British Empire).

Of course, if you know history you will see that it took the banking cartel over 100 years to regain control of America, finally achieving that goal in 1913 with the creation of the federal reserve.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur

Not every third world country receive aids from you...And even if they do ,they do it because you have IMPORTANT interests in their countries,involving Oil,mines,slavery,propaganda,food ,water,sunshine,people or whatever the goody it is you are looking for in there... check your history...and always keep an open mind.

Check your history, we allow more immigrants into this country with help for them giving them
food water etc than most countries around the world. Homes before the british citizen sir..while
it's own people are second class citizens. where are you from sir/mam?..

You don't buy sunshine, sunshine...

Perhaps you would have something to complain about if britain stopped opening it's
borders to everyone....

Perhaps just maybe all your worldy comodities stem from mostly england and america..
Give back your mobiles and your laptops sir and distance yourself cut off all ties to britain
if you hate her so much...

You are on the internet because of her, you watch tv because of her...
If you don't like her then tune out from her via all these commodities etc..

edit on 7-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Almost every technological innovation prior to the information age had its origins in, or was developd by, Britain.....Not sure if that's been an entirely good thing for the rest of the world, but there you go.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You Americans sometimes make my blood boil lately. I'm British and this thread was about how the British rightly or wrongly conquered the majority of this planet. Straight away we have Americans dominating over half the thread and bringing their own history into it and how great you were because you just can not bare to not be the best at something or be the center of attention.

Up until a few years ago at the beginning of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars I was one of many that stood by you guys when you had so much hate flung at you but you really have lost your way. Some of you act like spoilt children and god knows how many toys you lot are gonna throw out of the cot once China the number 1 spot. Grow up FFS!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I know I'm gonna enjoy strolling around Portsmouth with my British man denver22.....I can't wait to come out there and see you, we'll have lots of fun together I promise!!!

This American girl is crazy over you

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shapur

Not every third world country receive aids from you...

I think this would bring your point across a little better:

"Not every third world country receives aid from you..."

And to stress, I'm not ridiculing you or trying to be clever, I just wanted to thank you for making the comments that came after your comment more interesting to me, especially since someone also quoted you directly and didn't even use some extra words to thank you for making him smile or anything in that general area.

It certainly put a smile on my face.

This whole thread seems to have turned into a USA vs GB contest anyway (well, for a large part). Perhaps we should turn it into a literary one? Shapur, you and me don't have to compete, cause it's not our native language (I'm assuming again, nasty habit, but it works from time to time).

and fight!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by loam

LOL - Not too smart either.

And just to add insult to injury.........they sent their naughty "convicts" to paradise.

Good one fellas

(Plus they can't hold their drink either - bloody lightweights - hehehe)

You have an interesting concept of paradise. Everything in Australia is designed to kill you. Crocodiles, spiders so big they have health bars, the worlds most venomous snakes, fire breathing koalas, the list is endless.

And? Where's the confusion! Paradise! You described it

Strewth, if ya cant hack a little spider bight or a snake under your doona on a hot night, what's wrong with ya!!

yeah mate, you sure talk it up, but you can't seem to handle Kiwis very well...oh wai..damn cricketers.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I am proud to be british i don't hate americans that would be like hating british mostly..
I am just proud to see your all grown up ...
Peace to all we are all family let's not fight amongst ourselves..

You think britain was tough being a small island then portsmouth being the only
island city in the uk being 4miles not including the urban areas of portsmouth was
tough as old boots the real portsmouth not the one in va..

It is an island culture a sense of being on our own at first then mother britain
gave birth to modern america and shrewdly gave an independance after settling in

for future stability of the british empire a very 1776 documented base foundry then gave
back most of the empire since they colonized mostly of british decent in modern usa

it has been protecting the empire secretly during the world wars with family ties behind the
scenes..

Much as we hate to admit we need each other and the sibling rivalry sadly continues..
You are all welcome in my city with open hands and the city is now safe for american
sailors since cctv and more respect given to the people of portsea island aka portsmouth.

I suggest you bypass london walking around square blocks allday and visit portsmouth to
see how most of the battles from our country were staged. There will be pubs around
every corner, shops, seaside waterfront shoping complexes,resturants that cater for any
nationality, countryside,castles museums all packed in with alot of history.The investment
will be as a over 2 billion dollars of which goes on the city which will make it the atlantis of
the modern world, home to much of the history of the west filled with forts out in sea
islands, and down the road you can see the history of the titanic if that floats your boat
(no pun intended)..

Arnold swarzenegger even trained here before he was famous.
Isambard brunel.
Charles dickens was born here.
Arthur conan doyle sherlock holmes .
HMS VICTORY greatest ship
MARY ROSE ? lol
Rudyard kipling
H.G wells had a little stay.
Henry the 8ths castle, ships etc.
Peter sellers- pink panther star.
Even home to some literacy slang some americans use.
(Birthplace of modern australia)
Royal marines massive museum bases.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth
I put this link up as along with london and parts of northern england is very important
to how the american ports and technology came from..

(Stealth fighters portsmouth) i cant say how but certain things...
ive seen things put it that way that is now present in todays society ...

Introduced to america in mainstream..
I noticed alot of american towns and docks like portsmouth usa
had copied from englands ports etc and even named after my city like gosport etc.

Now respect to the americans: I will admit the americans are very generous with
thier money over in the motherland i would often as a child wait for the sailors american
ones to get in for my free chewing gum canned food american military hats etc..

Your ships were are so big they couldn't enter portsmouth so they had to be anchored in
the english channel in lee on solent out to sea.

Portsmouth is one of the most densley populated areas in europe for it's size as many
american or english tourist or sailor would settle down here obviously for our pubs
women and general fondness for the city itself.

Once in the guiness book of records for having the most pubs (bars to you) in the world.
For the size of the place and the suburbs i.e urban areas etc.
Taken straight out of a scene from pirates of the carribean many a year ago the city gives
you that feel of pride.The americans love us in portsmouth it's allways gee wow you guys
are tough and freindly and your history is unique we love you guys..

I would more than welcome any of you if your in town for a drink with my pals.. all races too..

edit on 8-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

I know I'm gonna enjoy strolling around Portsmouth with my British man denver22.....I can't wait to come out there and see you, we'll have lots of fun together I promise!!!

This American girl is crazy over you

On behalf of the british empire we are happy to have you..

England expects every man to do his duty ..and i will..

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I once had a nice pie in Portsmouth.

Both then and on trips abroad when I bumped into Pompey lads I noticed that they seem to have a liking for Adidas clothing, which to be fair made them stand out from all the snide Stone Island that many lads had started to wear by then.

It wasn't all rock n roll back in the day.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Dont judge an entire nation because of the arseholes leading us down the garden path.
You assume that the leaders you see are pulling the strings? Nah there is a group playing us all off against one another.
They use some pretty effective tactics because people cant see the big picture.
Some of their means for leverage and creating divisions stare us all in the face daily.
Skin colour, Religious divisions, locations, classes, employment status, are all used as propaganda to have us all fighting.
Even those serving in the militaries of all nations are all being played because while they are sacrificing their lives there are those still trading.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
How you can say this with 100% surety.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I do not think it is a correct analysis. To define the most aggressive nation it needs to be defined over time. England has been in existence for a long time. Other nations have been in existence for a far shorter period of time and in that time frame have been more aggressive.

Sounds like denial or rationalization to me. The Britt's history is there for everybody to see for themselves. 100 years or 2,000

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfist

I am in no deniance the England has had a bloody past. My statement however remains true. To get a more accurate statistic however it needs to be correlated as ratio against time.

Why can you not understand this. If a serial killer kills 20 victims over a 20 year period and another kills 10 in a five year period. Which is the more aggressive. The way this study was done would indicate the serial killer that has killed 20 victims is the most aggressive. That would however be inaccurate and untrue.

I hope this helps clear the matter up for you...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanrak77

There are clearly morons on both sides of the pond.

Notwithstanding that, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that we are still largely cut from the same cloth.

It ain't all bad.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don t see that map to be correct, just thinking about:

- Finland
- Switzerland
- Ethiopia

To my knowledge these 3 countries have never been invaded by the brits (if you don t count tourists..)

Then again, i am not all-knowing.

So let me know, when you have more info on these countries.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ok baby,

This spring its on.....

You, me in Portsmouth, having a wild night on the town...and long walks on the beach.

I can't wait to spend time with you

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join