It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most AGGRESSIVE nation on earth!!! (Guess before clicking...)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

British have invaded nine out of ten countries

A new study has found that at various times the British have invaded almost 90 per cent of the countries around the globe.

The analysis of the histories of the almost 200 countries in the world found only 22 which have never experienced an invasion by the British.

If you really think about it, that's a rather amazing and impressive fact for such a small country.

I always thought you Brits could be rather pushy.

edit on 5-11-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Not surprised by this, another reason why English is the worlds dominant language. Of course the English did not leave the Catholic church behind. S+F

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Any nation given the chance will take over everything. It has nothing to do with nations it has to do with the will of man. When will it stop? It will never stop.

Many blame America for waging endless wars in 100 years it could be China or India? Look back in history and you will see the pattern of MAN.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yeah , us Brits know how to kick ass

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

You're Joking right?

I thought it was those Spanish Conquistadors, who keep reeking havoc in South America........

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

LOL - Not too smart either.

And just to add insult to injury.........they sent their naughty "convicts" to paradise.

Good one fellas

(Plus they can't hold their drink either - bloody lightweights - hehehe)

ETA: Except Sinny - she is exempt from bagging of the poms

edit on 5-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Sinny's disclaimer

+35 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by loam

And just to add insult to injury.........they sent their naughty "convicts" to paradise.

Good one fellas

You have an interesting concept of paradise. Everything in Australia is designed to kill you. Crocodiles, spiders so big they have health bars, the worlds most venomous snakes, fire breathing koalas, the list is endless.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I was just thinking the same thing...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

reply to post by loam

Good one fellas

ETA: Except Sinny - she is exempt from bagging of the poms

edit on 5-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Sinny's disclaimer

Bazinga!

Good day mate!

Although to be a spoil sport - The drinkings in my Irish blood aha.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think this thread was perfectly timed for the Australian crowd.

Your British buddies are just getting up and having tea, thinking how to respond to this thread.

Meanwhile, this article reminded me of this: (NSFW)

Pretty damned funny.

edit on 5-11-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I think this thread was perfectly timed for the Australian crowd.

Your British buddies are just getting up and having tea, thinking how to respond.

Priceless.

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Britain has invaded all but 22 countries in the world in its long and colourful history,

I love how they put it. If this was about the US it would say

WARMONGER!

Cheers.....

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Just nearly spat me tea out over me laptop reading that

We are responsible for many of the problems in the world, the way we just went around the world drawing lines in the sand, dividing up lands, with no care for the tribal and cultural differences these lines crossed. We created an Israeli state and support the dictatorships in Saudi Arabia and other middle Eastern tyrannies. That are still the focus of much conflict.

edit on 5-11-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Convicts? What Convicts? more like bloody political dissidents**... *shakes fist*

Although it does seem logical to send the religious dissents one way and the political dissents the other...

imagine if they'd bumped into each other in their opposite journeys around the globe,,, ROFL.

**eg The largest transportation for a common crime was from the Swing Uprising in South East England, it took up to 2 generations for some villages and towns around here recuperate from that loss, most of those political dissidents stayed down under eventually sending for their wives and kiddies.. and as such at least 20% of the founding families of Tasmania are from that one incident.
edit on 5/11/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

reply to post by loam

Good one fellas

You have an interesting concept of paradise. Everything in Australia is designed to kill you. Crocodiles, spiders so big they have health bars, the worlds most venomous snakes, fire breathing koalas, the list is endless.

And? Where's the confusion! Paradise! You described it

Strewth, if ya cant hack a little spider bight or a snake under your doona on a hot night, what's wrong with ya!!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

The most AGGRESSIVE nation

or

The most Adventurous nation on Earth.

Who was Britain named after ?

Answer: Brutus of Troy who trekked across much of Europe after being banished from Italy.

So maybe its in our blood to journey to new lands.

And lets not forget the Saxons (vikings) who also left their bloodlines amongst the British locals and took great risks of adventuring across rough seas into unknown lands.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Yes quite impressive for a small nation agreed. I doubt we'll ever do anything that significant again, considering most Brits want to immigrate and most foreigners want to move in.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It seems you made the mistake of being aggressive while we were just being"adventurous" ,

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by SLAYER69

It seems you made the mistake of being aggressive while we were just being"adventurous" ,

You left out "colorful history"

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yes in 1788 the British led by Captain James Cook discovered Australia, he also discovered the land was inhabited by an indigenous race we now call the Koori who have been here for over 40,000 years.
Over the next hundred years or so the British first disposed of their convicts here and in later years many Brits come here of their own accord for various different reasons.
Some of my ancestors came here due to the potato famine others came here to pan for gold.
The weather is certainly better than in Britain, and we don't worry about snakes and spiders. Dont touch them and they wont touch you.
They only have croc's up north and you'd have to be an idiot to go anywhere near them where its dangerous.
There are plenty of tourist trips where you are perfectly safe with people who know how to handle them.
Yep, it's as close to paradise as your likely to get.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join