The most AGGRESSIVE nation on earth!!! (Guess before clicking...)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Yep, us Brits know how to wage a good war.

Pom by the way is spelt pohme...stands for:

Prisoner Of Her Majesties England.

Yep, thats you Aussies

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao
reply to post by denver22

well to be fair, the first real computer came from Germany or Germans. As did most of the 20th century. I don't like to admit it either, but it is true.

edit on 6-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

The first programmable computer was invented by British mathematician and scientist Charles Babbage in the 1820s. Although he is recognized as the inventor of the programmable computer, Babbage did not live to see the machine completed. Babbage began work on a mechanical computer he called the Difference Engine in 1822, working for more than ten years with government funding. The project was eventually abandoned after losing funding after the British government lost faith in the project after prolonged delays. The machine was built for the first time from Babbage’s original designs over 150 years later in 1989. After his work on the difference engine, Babbage went on to invent the Analytical Engine, a far more complex machine than the Difference Engine, it could be programmed using punched cards. The Analytical Engine, although not built in full until 2011 by British researchers, was the first ever working programmable computer, and was the first step in the history of computing as we know it.

science.howstuffworks.com/.../inventions/who-invented-the-compute...[e ditby]edit on 6-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

well to be fair, the first real computer came from Germany or Germans. As did most of the 20th century. I don't like to admit it either, but it is true.

Sorry your wrong:-

www.picotech.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

Number 10 is my favorite "United States of America"

Number 6 "World Wide Web" im sure some Americans will have a debate regarding the WWWs inception.

Number 5 "Television" a Scots man John Logie Baird! Again Americans will debate that his version was mechanical while theres by Philo Farnsworth was electrical.

Number 4 "Steam Locomotive" that really did change the face of the Earth!

Number 3 "Theory of Evolution" well i dont quite believe that one myself. Its flawed IMHO.

Number 1 "English Language" well we wouldn't be doing this without it eh?
edit on 6-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

so he had the idea. Respectable to say the least. That is not the same as actually building one though, working out the flaws and producing results by it.

Ideas, even complete ones don't count in my book. No one can take them and improve on them. Just add to the "idea" of it.

First programmable computer

The Z1, originally created by Germany's Konrad Zuse in his parents living room in 1936 to 1938 is considered to be the first electro-mechanical binary programmable (modern) computer and really the first functional computer.
www.computerhope.com...

EDIT:
I mean he built it in his parents living room for Christ's sake with no government funding. I think his idea was better or at least more complete and practical. Maybe science was at the right point of development to make it possible, who knows.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

yeah number 10 is a doozy. Ahem, I disagree of coarse.....lol

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by manykapao

I dont know one way or the other mate. I will say that Great Britain more than any other nation France included certainly had a hand in the United states conception also there really has been and still are a massive number of 33 degree Scottish Rite masson's with a hand in the day to day running of your mighty nation. Just pointing that out. Old world, new world there really is no distinguishable differance.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The truth is secretly britain controlls behind the scenes in america ...
The amount of denying from our colonial cousins is shocking.. the amount of places that are
named after englands towns and cities is or should be a giveaway surely.

Who can name them the major ones?...
And can you spot a certain port that mimicks englands famous port?..

en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_places_in_the_United_States_named_aft...

edit on 6-11-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

the occult aside, the thirteen colonies were just colonies. The ability to get the rest of the continent was due to Americans working hard for it. Not to mention that we were largely an agricultural country for a long time until we invested in technology and attracted the right type of people to build our infrastructure to support larger cities and populations. We did what we could to expand and grow technologically. That progress was well into the American age if independence from the UK.

The US might have just become a bread basket for the empire, or worse a part of a continent highly contested by Europe. Might have led to more wars amongst former colonial powers.

We did most of what made us a world player on our own. The English were there at the beginning though. Can't deny that. We copied your rail technology, true and the cotton gin was an improvement on your own technology.

but we had guys like Henry Ford and Tesla, and Edison.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I am a firm believer that the royal crown never really left. It isn't the way we see it though. Really amongst royals their "country" is just the land given to them, divided amongst them were they rule. They don't consider themselves to be any nationality beyond how we associate with sports teams from our cities.

But yes, the most powerful royalty controls the world, so the US too. But consider this. If they were ousted from the UK or any country, another royal would just give them land and make a BS war of independence to validate the new country /territory for their rule. They take care of their own.

EDIT:
they do fight sometimes amongst themselves, and that is what I think happened in the US. One royal looked at his relatives and said, F U, I am keeping this place for my rule, and my kids will be kings here, instead of princes there.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

the occult aside, the thirteen colonies were just colonies. The ability to get the rest of the continent was due to Americans working hard for it. Not to mention that we were largely an agricultural country for a long time until we invested in technology and attracted the right type of people to build our infrastructure to support larger cities and populations. We did what we could to expand and grow technologically. That progress was well into the American age if independence from the UK.

The US might have just become a bread basket for the empire, or worse a part of a continent highly contested by Europe. Might have led to more wars amongst former colonial powers.

We did most of what made us a world player on our own. The English were there at the beginning though. Can't deny that. We copied your rail technology, true and the cotton gin was an improvement on your own technology.

but we had guys like Henry Ford and Tesla, and Edison.

I don't disagree with the majority of you statement. I will say that just looking at the layout of Washington DC alone rases a lot of occult anomalies that add weight to the masonic connections. Also Nikola Tesla was born on 10 July(My birth day!) 1856 to Serb parents in the village of Smiljan, Austrian Empire. Essentially modern-day Croatia.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I am a firm believer that the royal crown never really left. It isn't the way we see it though. Really amongst royals their "country" is just the land given to them, divided amongst them were they rule. They don't consider themselves to be any nationality beyond how we associate with sports teams from our cities.

But yes, the most powerful royalty controls the world, so the US too. But consider this. If they were ousted from the UK or any country, another royal would just give them land and make a BS war of independence to validate the new country /territory for their rule. They take care of their own.

Correct the crown never left because most of the people were supposedly fighting their own
anyways and seems mighty fishy to anyone that looks into it deeply enough..

Very shrewd of the people in power to colonize the place with mostly british people to begin with..
I don't know why the americans kinda hate us who is us anyway... go figure..

You take the wars against germany with churchill related to americas preident at the time as
well as other families...

It's all a big con from the start..
I don't hate the americans as they are our brothers sisters etc as much as some people
hate the western cultures etc our world would be far worse without them..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think the articles of confederation were deliberately made to fail. The chief reason why they were abandoned was due to economic factors. Any person worth a damn and educated could have fixed the issues of a new currency system. What happened was that they just threw their hands in the air, and said "oh crap its broken" " let's start from scratch"

and so behind closed doors, with the wealthiest and most powerful turning the key, they wrote the US constitution. There was actually a second revolution no one knows about when people saw what they were doing.

The militia dispatched to the capital was turned back by reasoning with them.....rhetoric and double talk full of promises.

Now I ask you, who are the fathers of banking and the bank note, that could have pulled that off?

EDIT:
there is so much more to that, but that is the jist of it. It is a world of a topic.

link   

Originally posted by loam

British have invaded nine out of ten countries

A new study has found that at various times the British have invaded almost 90 per cent of the countries around the globe.

The analysis of the histories of the almost 200 countries in the world found only 22 which have never experienced an invasion by the British.

If you really think about it, that's a rather amazing and impressive fact for such a small country.

I always thought you Brits could be rather pushy.

edit on 5-11-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

I am sure the hundreds of millions of people the British raped, plundered and enslaved feel that the British people are a bit more than "pushy". One could say Britain invented modern genocide concentration camps in their immoral war against the Boer.

link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Originally posted by Malcher
Overall i would say the world is less brutal now, much less. Less cannibalism, human sacrifice and war as an artifact of culture.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Malcher because: Took out the "2nd line" annotation, added "much less".[/editby
edit on 6-11-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

I dont know how you work that out? More Human beings have died in the last century at the hands of there fellow Man than any other period in recorded history. Mass genocide and racialy motivated wars are all over the globe! And over all you think the world is less brutal. Please elaborate?

I work that out from reading.

I am also keeping this in the context of the OP. I will say on a whole the world was more brutal even before WW2. If you want to go back to ancient times then they were more brutal still. All evidence point to that.

Ghengis Khan killed 11% of the world's population so you can start there.

"“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Grant it, this is a sociopath, but he had many followers. extra DIV

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

American people may speak your language, but we are not English anymore.....the new comers bred your people out...so there is no allegiance to England other then being allies during war time....mainly because our leaders are off shoots of your Monarchy, it doesn't make the average American feel the same.

I personally have nothing against your people, I'm grateful for them.....but you can't see us the same way you do your commonwealth citizens.
edit on 6-11-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Granted thats sociopathic behavior for you. 11% of the world population, ok but at the time i imagine our planet was rather less densely populated. Read some of the things Stalin done now there's a real sociopath! And he killed a lot more people than all the Khans put together. I suppose it depends on ones definition of brutality. The fact still stands through more Human beings have been killed by their fellow Man in the last century than any other time period in recorded History. Thats pritty dam brutal IMHO. I read also.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

I am sure the hundreds of millions of people the British raped, plundered and enslaved feel that the British people are a bit more than "pushy". One could say Britain invented modern genocide concentration camps in their immoral war against the Boer.

Wrong before briton the vikings romans had these things and the spanish near on wiped out countries
by cutting the heads off women children in bloodlust etc..While raping and pillaging etc..

Do not forget others... who didnt believe in anything but total genocide..

Is briton the most aggressive nation no they didn't wipe out every country like the mindsets
of your genghis kahns etc...

Imagine if thier was still tribes running around with no order and no protection etc
wouldn't the world be a far more barbaric world to live in..?
edit on 6-11-2012 by denver22 because: deleted quote added a paragraph of text.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

If your going to make a statement then at least make it a correct one. Britain was not the first to use concentration camps, it was in fact the Spanish in Cuba:-

suite101.com...

And those poor Boers where completely innocent wer'nt they?

query.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You would think the world would have better manners.

And more tea and crumpets.

new topics
top topics
active topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join