It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claims of "Alien Spaceships to Attack Earth in November 2012??" ...a bit odd

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Technically, it was an exaggerated opening to a different dialogue...and didn't work out so well

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
maybe they are just sowing wa few seeds for the blind to take on board and then when there is a false flag operation with hologram space ships they will zoom in and take control of us all! Using fear to control as per usual!

well thats my euros worth!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Aliens Cuming.. errr

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros

Originally posted by britelite1971

Originally posted by justwokeup
It would appear to be a double booking catastrophe as the same paper has a story where the earth collides with Niburu in November as well.

Dont you hate that? You wait millenia for an Apocalypse then 2 come along at once

Be right back.....gotta go get my popcorn. The suspense of which one will get here first is killing me. Hope I get a good seat.

It should have read "The suspense of which one will get here first to kill me. Hope I get a good seat. :lol "

fixed it for ya!

Mind you SETI seems to be a bit petulant on the subject. MAYBE IT'S TRUE!!!!!

Isn't this a rehash of a story from a couple of years ago? oh yeah...here from 2010

Whew! I can relax now! Thanks for the link. Finally! The world makes sense again!......okay....not so much but it helped.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well I was just on the SETI website and I could not find this article and you would think it would be on its homepage........I mean if Earth was under threat you would think it would trump all others ya know. IMHO of course!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Did SETI actually make these claims?

No offense OP as I know you are only repeating the message so I'm not "shooting the messenger" but these are rather outrageous claims.

S and F for bringing it to our attention though.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

ah, yes, planet Gootan - good times...

I say bring it Gootanites! You picked the wrong point in history to pick a fight

I believe in the aliens Chiten - I do

not these aliens - but I believe

:-)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

...may not have been the best approach to take in hindsight...

I actually like this approach - and I'm interested in these kinds of discussions

but it may not appeal to those that think UFOs are Serious Business

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hello everyone i just made an ATS account yesterday, anyway im glad i did so just "in time," remember folks ATS is a conspiracy theorist website. So members should always have an open mind and wonder.. "what if". So i too have an open mind. Now if those such spaceships are closing in as we speak, and are predicted to be here in November(from the speed and distance traveling) and if they are spaceships, im assuming a spaceship that size can stall in an orbit and wait till December, we are clearly not talking about an asteroid here. So SPEED and DIRECTION can very well CHANGE at anytime. I am a believer of close encounters. So im keeping an open mind on this one.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
3 valid points that make this claim ridiculous:

1. SETI would never claim something so preposterous unless they were 100% correct on this.

2. This is World Weekly News we're talking about...the top dogs when it comes to bull****ting!

3. The OP is PurpleChiten, this explains a lot!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
its posts like yours op, that help give the ufo/alien agenda a lot of bad press.
i mean, you post that garbage and then try start a serious discussion on extraterrestial life?
its exactly why people will never take it seriously

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten, but do want to open up dialogue concerning the possibility of other life in the universe

edit on 4-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

What? You want do open a dialoge concerning life in the universe? Dont you think there are millions of threads about this already? jesus

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorpheusUSA
Weekly World News also brought you this:

Dick Cheney is a robot.

~Morpheus

Well ya, but besides that one story, they are typically wrong.
Broken clock is right twice a day and whatnot.

Dick Cheney is a robot is about as profound as saying water is wet.
I think he is a alpha terminator model. the ITerm

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It would be better if Jesus Christ were heading on His way to earth.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

How can you possibly expect a serious discussion by posting an obvious joke of a story from a source like the weekly world news? Its crap like this that
prevents any serious discussion on the subject of ufos.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

...may not have been the best approach to take in hindsight...

I actually like this approach - and I'm interested in these kinds of discussions

but it may not appeal to those that think UFOs are Serious Business

Thank you

I guess I should have considered my audience a bit more....

I'm happy that there are some who understand the intent

So, do you feel that there are intelligent beings out there and how would they go about approaching us if they wished to do so?

I can't imagine they would launch a steller attack to "take us over" as they had the whole universe at their disposal. Why would they choose us for those purposes? I also feel that if they are of a higher intellect than we are, which they would have to be in order to achieve space travel to that extent, they wouldn't be interested in basic animalistic things such as "kill the weaker species" but would instead seek to nurture other cultures and help them to advance at their own rate.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog

How can you possibly expect a serious discussion by posting an obvious joke of a story from a source like the weekly world news? Its crap like this that
prevents any serious discussion on the subject of ufos.

Well, I thought I was dealing with intelligent adults, but apparently, I was mistaken

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Well think about it, SETI has massive information about the universe and their website proves it, one thing they dont prove are the actual images of the so called 3 spaceships. Why? Perhaps since people that often visit the website for facts would lose their minds when they read something about such an event, so just keep in mind that these days its very easy to keep everyone calm. I read the article which shows this... "They should be on Earth by the fall of 2012,” said John Malley, the lead extraterrestrial expert at SETI
John Malley quoted. But didnt post it on SETI website. Everyjob has to fallow company policies. So posting that quote on SETI would obviously VIOLATE company policy. O_o

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So if the Gootans are to be the enemys of Humanity, would it be uncouth or racist for us to refer to them as Goots?

By the way, this thread is a waste of space

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
3 valid points that make this claim ridiculous:

1. SETI would never claim something so preposterous unless they were 100% correct on this.

2. This is World Weekly News we're talking about...the top dogs when it comes to bull****ting!

3. The OP is PurpleChiten, this explains a lot!

Hey now, I've always been nice to you!

Whew, these people can't even look at what is said. I mean I clearly pointed out that it was a claim and that I don't buy into it and that I wanted to have a discussion about possibilities of alien life. I just threw a little humor in as an ice breaker and they all go berserk

I keep forgetting that ATS is a cross-section of the general public and what we find in the general public, we also find here

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join