It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Clashes with police.[pics]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Occupy Portland Clashes with police.[pics]

photos.oregonlive.com

Occupy Portland and other groups hold anti-austerity march through the Lloyd District. Multiple people were pepper sprayed when trying to get past police officers at NE 14th Ave. and Halsey.
(visit the link for the full news article)

On the occupy portland facebook page they claim over 30 people pepper sprayed.

edit on 4-11-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I dont care about you occupy haters. THIS IS WHATS UP.

Every-time they use pepper spray on non-violent protestors, it just brings more people out. So keep it up PDX Police.
I personally was not at this event, but did know several people who were, and one who's sister got sprayed pretty badly. And she wasn't on the front lines I guess.

photos.oregonlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

wow
your link crashed my computer
whats up with that man?

pepper spray was to be used when guns were not necessary,
now they are used every time some one does not comply

very sad for democracy and the right to peacefully assemble

xploder

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Links opened fine here on firefox. It's some excellent photography too. Keep making yourselves the enemy of the people pigs, you think you will be protected for what you do? Morons.....

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Some questions questions:

Why are they protesting? Do they know why at least? Or just random angry hippies...?

Why are people dressed like clowns? (I mean... literally)

Who in his/ hers right mind takes a (no more than) 3 year old to a protest? ARE YOU CRAZY?

Why do you place yourself in the frontlines with no protective gear what so ever? Are you stupid?

No cops / no bosses? Really?

Does standing around in a mob, doing nothing change anything?

Bunch of angry hippies... thats all I saw. And yes well they got pepper sprayed, no big deal... I had to train with it... its not like I died you know...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Is anyone else confused by the sign "Rapists / No Racists"

The occupy movement's objectives keep getting shiftier...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have a weird Idea... Not sure if it would be anything terrible per say, but have the occupiers considered carrying those cans of air that people use to clean laptops and computers and such? Compressed air to blow the pepper-spray the officers love to use on them back at them. Technically you'd just be blowing air at the officers, them spraying pepper-spray into the breeze would be their fault. Non-violent, keeps the spray off you. If not that, what about those little battery operated fans, or an air horn. Hard to consider an air horn a weapon, anything to push air towards them... Their fault if their own spray blows back towards them...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Lol pretty sure the sign to the left is blocking it. no cops/no bosses no rapists/no racists. Not that it makes a whole lot of sense even that way, guess the dude is anti cop, boss, rape and racism.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Side question.... Why do protesters love to wear bandanas on their faces? IT can't be to protect against pepper-spray, or tear gas.... It will saturate or go right through a bandana, and with pepper-spray I would think a good blast on a piece of cloth tied to your face would only concentrate the effects on the area you're trying to protect no?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Cops pepper spray has got some decent pressure power to it, like a good fire extinguisher. Better off just going to army surpluss and picking up some gas masks, they are dirt cheap and work fine.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I always figured it was for anonymity. If they think it's gonna help against pepper spray or tear gas they are pretty dumb eh?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I notice that these cops are on bicycles. If I were there I would be puncturing their tires at any opportunity I got. Not with a knife of course. That would just give them an excuse to shoot you if you had a weapon. But maybe a long nail or something that could be easily concealed in your hand.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Quite a few douche-ish smirks upon the cops faces...

"that'll learn 'em good"

Bet he feels like a total bad ass...

How dare the peasants think they have the right to disobey orders from a Knight!
keep the peasants terrified!
edit on 4-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Why are they protesting? Do they know why at least? Or just random angry hippies...?

Who in his/ hers right mind takes a (no more than) 3 year old to a protest? ARE YOU CRAZY?

Why do you place yourself in the frontlines with no protective gear what so ever? Are you stupid?

Bunch of angry hippies... thats all I saw. And yes well they got pepper sprayed, no big deal... I had to train with it... its not like I died you know...

all of the above works better than complaining about stuff on the internet.

Edit: I got the gas chamber in basic too, and it was terrible. AND i got the infantry treatment at ft. Benning. It is not something I would wish on ANY peaceful protestor.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Don't look like non-violent protesters to me. And they tried to get past the police blockade. Not surprised they got spiced up.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Don't look like non-violent protesters to me. And they tried to get past the police blockade. Not surprised they got spiced up.

You wanna see non-violent?
Cause we are almost ready to give them REAL non-violence.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yes that kind of rhetoric makes you even more "peacefull".
I'd say pretty typical occupy stuff.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

A bandana or some kind of material soaked in vinegar ( and theres some other fluids ) provides some protection against tear gas, CS, and pepper spray

SnF

Good to see some are willing to stand up for what they believe to be right

Lets face it .......when you peacefully protest you still get sprayed ..........and ignored anyway .......which results in frustration and the need to take it to the next level
edit on 4-11-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Wow .. the look on this soccer mommy is priceless

im sure she have the same look when she spray water with the hose on her flowers at home

edit on 11/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

As soon as you call protesters hippies you loose all credibility.
I was waiting to see you call them "commies" too, but you disappointed me. I'll bet you wanted to though, right?

Why is it that all right wingers seem to demand their rights and liberties be respected as enshrined in their historical documents, but change their minds when other people they don't like try to use them?

You have the right to peacefully assemble and protest against government, and many claim that they support this right. But the moment a protest occurs that they personally don't agree with, it's time to attack and suddenly change their mind, the protest is unjustified, their argument invalid, and they're just a bunch of "lefties" and "hippies".

The right to protest is not exclusive to one section of society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join