It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran suspends uranium enrichment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I wonder at what percentage the Israelis enrich their uranium.

I'm guessing around 90% or higher, where is the outrage over this?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Supposedly Iran's enrichment was around 25% back in the early summer. Hell they already got nukes, they bought some from Russia when the Iron Curtain fell and North Korea has been helping them the whole time.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JosephKnecht

Either way, nuclear technology is dangerous and should be looked to be phased out as soon as possible. You'd think in Middle East solar and wind technology would be up and coming. Get off the fossil fuels and nuclear energy and go green!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You are joking right? You do know that we literally can't run society as we know it on so called green energy right? We'd have to convert over every factory even remotely close to capable of producing components and build nonstop for years if not DECADES to convert over to your precious solar and wind joke technologies!!

The fact that you aren't even smart enough to understand that nuclear is one of the greenest technologies humanity has EVER and quite probably WILL EVER discover makes your proclamations on everything else suspect to say the least.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If Iran and China had a "special", reciprocal relationship as America and the UK have, for instance, China could turn Iran into a nuclear weapons state in a matter of weeks in exchange for preferential treatment in the oil market.

It hasn't happened, despite the moronic rhetoric on China and Russia that has come out of the mouth of Mitt Romney.

Personally, I think it is a miracle and a testamony to the peaceful intentions of both Iran and China that it hasn't happened, when I look at the foreign policy stance adopted by America since 9/11.

It's a complete bloody miracle that neither China nor Russia have attempted to outfit Syria and Iran with nuclear tipped artillery shells or cruise missiles, just to put the brakes on American expansion into the region and to restore "oil business as usual".

As a "cold war baby", it boggles my mind that the US has been allowed to be so agressive since 2001. At some point there will be a line drawn in the sand. If I were in Russia or China, thinking from their perspective, I couldn't think of a better place to draw it than Iran.

Iran is the fulcrum of power in the region. Things are balanced on the fulcrum. If you start screwing around with the fulcrum, everything goes out of balance.

The Americans don't see it that way. They think that the fulcrum is in Washington.
edit on 4-11-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
The Americans don't see it that way. They think that the fulcrum is in Washington.

and the Top Turbins / Ahmadenijad think the fulcrum is in Tehran.

Or is the argument the rest of the world can behave in a particular manner but the US cannot?

In this case the phrase is "All politics are local" seems appropriate.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
You are joking right? You do know that we literally can't run society as we know it on so called green energy right? We'd have to convert over every factory even remotely close to capable of producing components and build nonstop for years if not DECADES to convert over to your precious solar and wind joke technologies!!

The fact that you aren't even smart enough to understand that nuclear is one of the greenest technologies humanity has EVER and quite probably WILL EVER discover makes your proclamations on everything else suspect to say the least.

While nuclear is "green" when everything goes according to plan, when a chernobyl, fukushima, 3 mile island event happens, that can hardly be called "green".

Now if you would like to discuss the Thorium MSR's, that would be something worth mentioning.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I read an article that said that iran feels romney would be tougher on iran and to expect this to happen as iran will try to help obama win for their own interest a few weeks ago . For example you can see many articles about this happening over the last month with a google news search for "expect iran to suspend enrichment before election " search google.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

You're one angry little know it all aren't you? Fact is, whether you think nuclear energy is the greenest there is it's the most dangerous thing on this planet. Germany is taking steps to rid itself of nuclear plants. But truth is as time goes on and technology gets better the alternative forms of energy like solar will become a reality but at the moment there's more $$ to be gained from fossil fuels and not the sun. Do you not think Big Oil has been suppressing green technology?

Iran is actually deciding on going the green route, not another nuclear plant but wind power and it's a direct result of the sanctions placed by the US. But if they're gonna go green they'd be fools not to invest in solar R&D. I had a geology professor talk about one of his thesis's he wrote working on his master's degree. The thesis was about NASA in the 1970s and the idea of a solar power plant using satellites that would beam down their solar energy they've gathered into a huge receiving station somewhere in a sunny place, like a desert. The stations power output was thought to be enough to power the entire USA. So I guess I'm not the only one thinking about solar power?
edit on 4-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

The Title of the story reads............

"Iran denies suspending uranium enrichment"

So why deviate from the original stories title?

Edit to add:

From Source.

• This article was corrected on 4 November 2012. An earlier version of this story ran with the headline "Iran suspends uranium enrichment" based on Asafari's quotes as reported by al-Arabiya.

edit on 4-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think the Guardian may have edited their title because when I did a search for this yesterday that was the headline that came up.

edit: and there ya go

edit on 4-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Israel is not a terrorist state

Originally posted by JosephKnecht

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

Israel is not a terrorist state

Originally posted by JosephKnecht

I'm assuming the "not" was a typo?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

No not an error, Israel is NOT a terrorist state But then I forgot about the bigots on the board

edit on 4-11-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No not an error, Israel is NOT a terrorist state But then I forgot about the bigots on the board

Yes exactly.

The schizo down the street was not allowed a gun,but the Police Officer has one, where is the outrage?

Basically the same thing as comparing Iran having a nuke and Israel having them.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
90% of the people on here believe Israel is the evil of the world that wont change

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Quite a stretch to call me a bigot when I call a duck, a duck.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by morethanyou

Yes exactly.

The schizo down the street was not allowed a gun,but the Police Officer has one, where is the outrage?

Basically the same thing as comparing Iran having a nuke and Israel having them.

Not even close, not even "basically". Worst. analogy. ever.

Differences between Israel and Iran? Care to let the board know why you believe Israel is so much better than Iran?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wow, that is great news. I am so relieved! We can forget about nuclear terrorism coming from Iran. Oh, but what about the underground complexes of labs and engineering facilties? Have they shut all of those down too? Come on people, you only see what they want you to see in mainstream media. You have no idea what they are doing in Iran. Hell, you don't even know what's going on in your own backyard--or should I say under your back yard.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Looks like we might have a November surprise. Maybe Iran favors Obama?? Anyway WW3 diverted...for now.

snip>

Iran has suspended the enrichment of uranium stockpiles to the 20% purity needed to bring it a short step from building a nuclear device, news services in the region have reported.

Mohammad Hossein Asfari, a member of parliament responsible for foreign policy and national security, was quoted as saying that the move was a "goodwill" gesture, aimed at softening Iran's position before a new round of scheduled talks with the United States after this week's presidential elections.

Asfari said he hoped sanctions would be lifted in return for Iran's actions, otherwise it would resume the programme, according to a website belonging to the Al Arabiya news channel. Talks aimed at halting Iran's enrichment programme have made little progress, leading to the west tightening sanctions and increasing the prospect of military action by Israel.

The Islamic republic's economy has plummeted in the grip of punitive economic measures and Tehran indicated earlier this month that it would be willing to negotiate. However, the offer to suspend enrichment required so many concessions that it was dismissed by the United States.

snip>

www.guardian.co.uk...

If you believe this news story I have land in FLORIDA I'de sell you to cheap !

The Iranians have not stopped processing uranium. Because of the length of the process, its not something you can just "shut down". Besides, what would be the point. They are wanting to develop, if they haven't already, NEUTRON BOMBS to decimate Israel with. They want the Israelites gone and their land given to the nomadic tribes calling themselves Palestinians. Honestly folks, can we please get a grip on this matter ?

Look, with NEUTRON BOMBS, they MURDER off all the people in Israel, and leave the buildings and infrastructure intact to be used by those who want the land for their own. It's really simple strategy to understand. Iran does not need NUKES, they have them from Russia and China if they want them. They want something more deliberate and enhanced to fight with. Its only a matter of time before the rest of the world sees what they are up to.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join