It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My House Keeps Me Up At Night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

It was for my son to go an watch TV with his friends or play with his Wii. And since it was only turning on by itself, it seemed innocuous enough. Creepy, yes, but it was also interesting.

What program was on when you walked in the room? Did it change channels too? Like one night, the news on channel 4 and then the next night, The Twilight zone on channel 20? I hope you reply, cause I got this theory...

Oh, and its definitely human spirit(s). At least one of them is female.

Who else gets mad when you leave the toilet seat up?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
1. Were there signs that the house was haunted when you moved in, or early on?

No signs at all. Only the one weirdness with my son and the talking man when he was 8, then the stuff from a year ago until now.

2. Were the conditions of the home altered in any way before these events began occurring? Were walls painted, rug floors pulled up, doors or windows replaced, etc? (This could stir awake something that was before dormant in your home.)

We put in a new surround for our bathroom last March. This June we had some construction done, and had the whole house painted (we've got the house up for sale). But those both started after the weirdness did.

3. Have you ever felt the presence of negative energy or anything which felt evil or sent cold shivers up your spine? Any feelings of not being wanted there (if so, when?)

The only time I've ever felt anything remotely malevolent is when whatever it was climbed into bed with me and started cutting off my air, and those weird feelings that the spare bedroom was replaced by...somewhere else. Other than that, only feelings of being watched, bumps in the night, and dark figures.

4. Has anyone in your home recently played with a Ouija board, performed a séance or experimented with any other occult-like practices, whether inside or outside your home? It sounds like this all started with your son. I’d ask him if he had done anything listed above, perhaps with his friends (perhaps for fun, thinking nothing would come of it.)

No occult activities at all. Just scary movies

Also, I talked to my wife about the dark man she saw when she was young. She said he wasn't slender, but very bulky, like his coat was covering something. Otherwise he was just as described, very pallid, top hat, black coat, pants, and shoes, and dark eyes. She said he practically oozed malevolence.

I won't discount that this stuff may be centered around her even though she doesn't see any of it. The house she grew up in was pretty active. The neighbors said that the people that lived there before they moved in were troubled, always arguing, he beat his wife up several times, etc.

Sometimes my wife could hear a couple arguing in the house even when she was the only one there. When I would visit, I couldn't hardly walk down their hallway because of the negativity that permeated it, all the way into her parents' bedroom. A lot of activity has surrounded my wife through her life, and she could've attracted something. But my life hasn't been empty of weirdness, either, so maybe it's a double-whammy!

/TOA

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This story strikes me due to the first phenomena. It's very reminiscent of my niece as a young girl, telling me the 'old man' upstairs at her house kept waking her up to play games. The kids had many board games, at times some would be pulled off the shelf.
Strangest part of this ordeal for me, is that the upstairs of their house was non- existent for me. I percieved a one storey house, and didn't know they had an upstairs for a year. I'm an illustrator, I'm very keen on details.
My Aunt Terry is the 'good cop', I'm the 'bad cop'. It wasn't until she asked me to accompany her upstairs did I realize there was a second storey. Makes me wonder about how that room was hidden from me for a year.

I wonder why this phenom suddenly started to be so bold? And it seems as if a clan moved in, where before it seemed to be just one person. I, too, was wondering about the age of your son, that was answered. I don't think it would be poltergeist, either, seems there's different personalities. My first thought was the one guy figured out you people were an easy touch, and invited his ghost moocher pals in to freeload.

The people in your house seem quite forward, turning the tv back on after you said 'no more'. Seems as if they are counting on you being frightened and using that as a bullying stick.
I'm in agreement with the other posters and think you should get a valid psychic, first, and see what their deal is.
Ghosts that are the original owners of the house are a pain in the butt. They think YOU are the freeloaders, on the other hand, if you have a house load of spiritual hobos, they move along pretty easy.
Seems that they are using you and your family as a free lunch, using your energy. It doesn't help to just ignore them, because you can't help but produce energy, be it worrying about bills, or planning a party.
You have to close down the free lunch counter. How easy that is depends on how entitled these moochers feel.
You can't go through life either emotionless or as a Luddite, with no electricity at all. These people have become a nuisance and must be given the doorknob on the buttcheek treatment.

I don't mean to ask a personal question, but does you wife sleep on her back? I have more of a tendency to get ambushed when I sleep on my back.
About the man in white running from West to the East. Does this happen a lot? Does he always run from the West to the East? It reminds me of a heyoka, for no reason.

I wouldn't suggest cleaning the house yourself. Get a good free group to do it for you, if you feel it needs cleaning.

Edited due your recent posting: the dark man and you son happened when he was eight, and your wife had experiences when she was younger. Your feeling negativity in her old house while she dealt with it strikes me. Does she think this warp and woof of the reality around her natural? I'm not being sarcastic or rude to your wife. I grew up in a family where paranormal was like breathing, and married a person that I can't even read (Thank God).
Is she one of those people that neighbors alway borrow a can of soup from without any return? People only contact her when they need something? As I've stated, I'm not slamming your wife; charitable people are a wonder, but I wonder if her generosity might be costing her.
edit on 4-11-2012 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Friend, try to look for electromagnetic fields around the house.
Those can cause the sensation of someone looking at you and make you think that you saw weird shadows.
Children are more susceptible to theese fields and the effects get worser the longer the exposure.

If your animals are not reacting, then it's probably theese fields the cause.

High tension wires above your house may cause this.
New electronic equipments may come with this deffect.

Plus, unplug the tv, not all tvs shutt down when the power button is pressed, mine does not, it just goes to stanby,

My neighbor has one like mine and i found out that my remote can pass the wall when i point it in the direction of his tv, so some times i prank him. It's really funny his reactions. Maybe someone is doing the same to you.

Good luck with your search, and please, post videos if you caught something.

PS.: This is not debunking, it's just an advice to try to solve this mistery

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neph89
Friend, try to look for electromagnetic fields around the house.
Those can cause the sensation of someone looking at you and make you think that you saw weird shadows.
Children are more susceptible to theese fields and the effects get worser the longer the exposure.

If your animals are not reacting, then it's probably theese fields the cause.

High tension wires above your house may cause this.
New electronic equipments may come with this deffect.

Plus, unplug the tv, not all tvs shutt down when the power button is pressed, mine does not, it just goes to stanby,

My neighbor has one like mine and i found out that my remote can pass the wall when i point it in the direction of his tv, so some times i prank him. It's really funny his reactions. Maybe someone is doing the same to you.

Good luck with your search, and please, post videos if you caught something.

PS.: This is not debunking, it's just an advice to try to solve this mistery

I've considered the "fear cage" phenomenon, as well. I just don't have easy access to an EM meter. My house is over 50 years old, and there could be exposed, or poorly insulated, wiring causing it. I'm open to all suggestions. While I'm a firm believer in the supernatural, I'm also rational about it and will look for natural causes first.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Well, if it is a ghost (that is attached to the house) then moving should solve your problem. If, however, it isn't a ghost (or it a ghost but it isn't attached to the house) then moving would solve nothing (it would just follow you wherever you went.) As it seems to have just appeared out of nowhere (it must have found/attached to one of you from somewhere), this points to the latter. After the physical assault, you should be seeking help on the matter. That is all I can say.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
Wow OP, you have a great deal of stars and flags to your posts with little kindred to your followers. Are you really that omnipotent to those that bring you up? I think you are. Hence the folks that are pulling apart your story. You tell a good story, but you are ALL----ABOUT-----YOU. I now have doubts about you and your story. OK, I really don't believe you at all. What an arrogant poster. Toast!

What are you blabbering about? Omnipotent? Arrogant? Are you posting drunk or something? Point out a particular sentence that says I'm "all about me". Although, MY experience isn't about YOU, or ANYONE ELSE, so I guess MY post about MY experience is all about ME, Sherlock Troll.

Believe me or don't believe. You are less than words on a forum, and matter squat to me.

ETA: I truly don't understand what's gong on here. You made a post thanking me for sharing my story, and seemed genuine, and now you're calling me names and saying you don't believe me. Is your entire life two-faced like that? Are you just being petulant because I didn't post a reply to you or something? That appears to be it, which is petty and small at best.

/TOA
edit on 4-11-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Does the tv have a remote? When you said it was an old tube type TV I was thinking antique.
If the batteries on the remote are getting bad or if a button is stuck, it can turn on the TV. Sometimes a different remote can have a signal that can turn on the TV also, it could even be next door or it can be for almost any kind of appliance, the frequency just needs to match. If the computer in the TV is messed up, it can turn the TV on with any frequency. Had a thunder storm there recently?
edit on 4-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Does the tv have a remote? When you said it was an old tube type TV I was thinking antique.
If the batteries on the remote are getting bad or if a button is stuck, it can turn on the TV. Sometimes a different remote can have a signal that can turn on the TV also, it could even be next door or it can be for almost any kind of appliance, the frequency just needs to match. If the computer in the TV is messed up, it can turn the TV on with any frequency. Had a thunder storm there recently?
edit on 4-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

I threw the TV out the night I had the physical experience where the whatever it was crawled into my bed. It was replaced with a small LCD TV that has hasn't showed any funkiness. Throwing the old TV out only stopped the issues for a while, though.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
UV Lights.

Stops paranormal crap cold.

Yeah but then you have to get those posters, start smoking a lot of weed and wearing tie-dyed shirts. Which is worse, really?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

It was for my son to go an watch TV with his friends or play with his Wii. And since it was only turning on by itself, it seemed innocuous enough. Creepy, yes, but it was also interesting.

What program was on when you walked in the room? Did it change channels too? Like one night, the news on channel 4 and then the next night, The Twilight zone on channel 20? I hope you reply, cause I got this theory...

Oh, and its definitely human spirit(s). At least one of them is female.

Who else gets mad when you leave the toilet seat up?

I honestly can't remember what channel the cable box was on. Probably a kids channel, since my son is the only one that watched that TV. I don't think it changed channels, but I can't be sure.

And it was the lid of the toilet, not the seat. My wife has trained me well!

/TOA

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I read this a long time ago...

www.amazon.com...
Here Amityville demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren reveal the facts the courts refused to hear. Judge for yourself why The Devil in Connecticut is considered to be one of the worst cases of possession in the twentieth century.

This was a scary book. I think they made a movie out of this. Screw the movie. If you ever get the chance, read the book. One character in the story could "see" the entities. He knew when they were coming, he could see them in the room and see them in people. He would warn others in the house what was up and describe what the beings were doing.

He could see them watching TV and see them ON TV! From memory, he said that hi level spirits would appear on national broadcasts like the News and speak to others around the country. They would inform lesser beings of plans and actions thru the TV, believe it or not.

In the book it was one of the curiouser aspects of their "activity". They would make people turn on the news and then watch it to receive instruction. People would ask the clairvoyant , "Where are they now?" And the response would be "Here".
"What are they doing?"
"Watching TV."

Anyway, that was just a supposedly true book ya know and any correlation between that and any maybe paranormal activity you might be experiencing is surely a coincidence. Just thought I would let you know. I don't think you are beset by "demons". Your situation sounds more benign. They don't do any harm, right? Just "let you know" they are around?

Too bad you can't remember what shows were on when you walked in the room. Why wouldn't a ghost want to watch TV or remind you to put the seat down? Remember, they were people too. They just don't have bodies anymore.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Well the first thing I would have done would have been to unplug the TV.

But seriously I am guessing that your son must be a young teen at this time. It could be his adolescent hormones stirring things up. It happens more often than people know.

If your son is not involved with outside activities it might be a good idea to find him an outlet for his energy; anything that will work to physically tire him out and also something to keep his mind off his impendeing manhood.

In the meantime you should do a little investigation into the history of your home. Find out if it has a troubled history. This helps on a couple of levels, it gives you some idea of what you might be dealing with and it gives you a direction to go in should you want to have a religious person "cleanse" your home. An intelligent haunt of the Jewish faith might not be too impressed with a Catholic ritual. It could in fact make things worse.

It seems you have not been in any danger, other than the "old hag" episode. While that is a terribly frightening event, as long as you are otherwise healthy it should do you no real harm. It is entirely up to you how you deal with your paranormal activities, but don't jump on whatever bandwagon some "professional" offers you. Just like any important decision you make in life, get more than one opinion. And good luck to you.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
My friend has had a very similar experience regarding a shadowperson,

He woke up unable to breathe witha dark figure floating above him. he said it felt like it was putting a tonne of weight onto him, so much he couldnt even gasp for help..

This got me interested in them and I began reading up on them, I showed him a site with heaps of stories oof hey they got rid of them by praying to god etc and he got really freaked because he told me that was the last thing he could try to do while he had his experience and he said it helped,,,

Shadow people are cruel mischevious bastards..

Also if you set up some cameras do it Paranormal activity style

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Call a traditional Catholic priest who will be willing to exorcise your home.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The only thing that keeps most awake at night in a house is erotic posters of Faye Dunaway or Deborah Harry blu taced on the walls.
Many people yell like little spoilt children when they first see a ghost ...or hear a ghost or witness object movement via ghosts/demons/recently dead/ect.

they whammer whimper yell for answers.

Are there answers?

The whole of Britain is a bit stoned since the stone age.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Well if you can, google for Full Spectrum Mods to a camcorder, I think they're the most useful.

Full Spectrum HD Camcorder

Anomaly caught with Full Spectrum camcorder

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

If you're Christian, why are you putting up with this mess?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Hey! Hey! Hey!
I don't like walking around this old and empty house
So hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear
The stairs creak as I sleep, it's keeping me awake
It's the house telling you to close your eyes
Some days I can't even trust myself
It's killing me to see you this way
'Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry
Our bodies safe to shore
Hey! Hey! Hey!
There's an old voice in my head that's holding me back
Well tell her that I miss our little talks
Soon it will all be over and buried with our past
We used to play outside when we were young
And full of life and full of love
Some days, I feel like I'm wrong when I am right
Your mind is playing tricks on you, my dear
'Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry
Our bodies safe to shore
Hey!
Don't listen to a word I say
Hey!
The screams all sound the same
Hey!
Though the truth may vary
This ship will carry
Our bodies safe to shore
You're gone gone gone away
I watched you disappear
All that's left is a ghost of you
Now we're torn torn torn apart
There's nothing we can do
Just let me go we'll meet again soon
Now wait wait wait for me
Please hang around
I'll see you when I fall asleep
Hey!
Hey!
Hey!
This ship will carry
Our bodies safe to shore
Hey!
Hey!
This ship will carry
Our bodies safe to shore
This ship will carry
Our bodies safe to shore
This ship will carry
Our bodies safe to shore
edit on 5-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join