It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My House Keeps Me Up At Night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've thought for over a year as to whether or not I should post a thread about my house. Both my son and I have seen some strange things, but my wife has not. I have three pets, 2 cats and a dog, that never react to anything (except once, which I'll outline below). But at least it's first-hand information, and the more people that report it means that perhaps there will be more acceptance of "weirdness".

My family has lived in this house for 14 years. Up until about a year ago nothing went on here, except for about a week or so when my then 8 year old son couldn't sleep because "the man kept talking to him". One night my wife and I could hear our son yelling "go away!" and "stop it!". I went upstairs and he was looking towards the window. He said "the man keeps talking to me and I want him to go away!" I checked and, of course, there was no "man" there, looking in the 2nd story window! The house was quiet for about 5 years.

Then, about a year ago, I was sitting in the living room reading. I had one cat in my lap and the other was asleep on the couch across from me. My dog was outside. All of a sudden I heard the door stop rattle behind me (it's one of those spring-types) as if someone was playing with it. Both my cats went to investigate but none of us found anything. We hadn't had any problems with mice or rats, and my son was at school.

Then things ramped up. In our spare bedroom we had an old tube-type TV. One night I went upstairs to go to bed and I could see that the TV was on by the light under the door. Since my son's room was right next to it I thought that he had been watching TV when he wasn't supposed to be. I went in and turned it off and went to bed. The next night the TV was on again, and again I turned it off without a thought (other than that I needed to explain the concept of "bed time" to my son!). I hadn't even closed the door yet when the TV turned on...by itself. I turned around, totally creeped out, and turned it off, backed out of the room, and went to bed.

This happened every night. The TV would be on, I'd turn it off. Sometimes the TV would come on as I ascended the stairs to bed. Sometimes it would wait until I went to bed. I'd hear the sound come on, and go turn off the TV. While this was kind of creepy, it wasn't scary, so I just decided to live with it, thinking it was actually kind of interesting. Until I started seeing shadow people in my bedroom.

One night I did my ritual of turning off the TV, and went to bed. My wife's LED clock shines at me in the mirror across the room. Just as I crawled into bed, I noticed that her clock wasn't glaring at me. I turned to look at her clock to make sure it was on, which it was, and turned back to the mirror, where a figure moved to the side, revealing the clock. This moved things to a whole different level. I turned on my bedside lamp and, of course, there was nobody there. This went on for a few weeks, sometimes a shape right beside me, sometimes at the foot of my bed. Occasionally my bed would shake or move like something was bumping it. This would always happen before I went to sleep, so I know I wasn't dreaming. Still nothing really threatening, though. I told my wife about it, who is always skeptical, not because she doesn't believe (she and a friend were tormented by a pale man in black when she was a child...she's definitely a believer), but because nothing had ever happened to her in our house.

One night, however, it finally got scary, and my wife witnessed it. I was sound asleep, and dreaming that my wife climbed into bed with me. She snuggled up to me, and started softly laughing in my ear. She then started climbing on me and putting her weight on me, all the while laughing. It got to where I couldn't breathe and she was crushing me. At that time my wife came in and woke me up, saying she heard laughing and I was calling for her. I marched in the spare bedroom, grabbed up the TV and took it to the curb. My shadow people were gone that night.

Fast-forward to a few months ago. My son was doing the dishes and he saw a man in white run across our back yard, West to East. While we do have some raucous neighbors, we also have a 75 lb dog that is very territorial. She didn't bark at all. My son has seen this guy 3 times, running from West to East. The second time he saw him I was in the same room but with my back turned. I ran outside, faster than any person could get over my fence and away before I could at least see him. Nobody was around.

Lately I've heard footsteps, creaks, bangs, I heard a child singing, I saw a figure peering out at me from the spare bedroom, and as late as this morning at 4:45 AM, I was awakened by the sound of our toilet lid banging down, loud enough to wake me up while wearing ear plugs. Both doors to the bathroom were closed, no cats and no son were responsible.

I plan on getting a digital recorder soon to see if I can get anything, but since I'm (mostly) the only one that's experiencing anything, I don't hold out much hope of positive results. If I do, I'll post them here at ATS for all to hear. Thanks for reading!

/TOA

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story with us. That sounds really spooky!
I wonder why things started getting active all of a sudden?

Did you see the thread about shadow people when it was up? I posted a video in it from the Dead Files where the medium, Amy, talks about them. These things are NOT GOOD!

The fact this thing was trying to smother you doesn't sound good either! Please be careful.
If things keep escalating, I wouldn't hesitate to call a priest in to do a house cleansing, if I were you.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Does anyone in your home dabble into the Occult??

2nd.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Spooky stuff! I grew up in a haunted house so know exactly how you're feeling. looking forward to see if you record anything.

I just watched that show 'a haunting' and your story sounds like it could carry an episode

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Not for the faint of heart! I'm not sure I'll sleep well tonight. As a youngster, I lived in a very old home with many strange experiences. I've only experienced a few benign things as an adult. But let me tell ya........that happened to me, I would be living one state away.
More power to you, Can't wait till you get your recorder OP. Thanx for sharing.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
UV Lights.

Stops paranormal crap cold.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wow that's a really creepy story

It's so strange how nothing has ever happened before a year or so ago. Have you acquired an antique or other item that you can think of?

Has anyone been dabbling in the occult in your house?

Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I too am curious about why things just started happening a year ago since you've been there for 14. Have you done any renovations to the home? Brought an antique into the home or other used item? Something certainly triggered events. I'm glad you're going to set up a video camera, but it might be in your best interest to get some paranormal investigators involved. You need to know what triggered the events and how to get rid of the beings that are haunting your home.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think you need one of these camera's from the Movie Insidious

It's a creepy movie ;-p

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Hmm, why didn't you just unplug the TV when it first gave you problems?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Text RedTextTextreply to post by The Old American

Hmm ! They do exist but they are not allowed to go beyond LOC which was already prescribed by God Almighty .
It does not sound normal .But I know one thing very straight that when you can not kill your enemy by any means.The way you use to hunt down your enemy is Black Magic .No human being is so learnt this Black Art . Only those who are not human or part human beings .People will tell you that one should be a complete blasphemous and eat sh*ts . No it is not true . There are some part human in this world most of them are hidden by the order of God Almighty , some were born by default but slaughtered long time ago and one was cursed but he left this Art , converted from Hindu to Islam and living a peaceful life in the Djinns infested caves situated in a place which is somewhere between the borders of UAE and Oman .The then recent report cited in an Omani news paper that Samri had been expired .He has lots of Children in form of Djinn-ish (but not Djinns ) some are good and some are evil but they are promised to stay away untill the time has come .We believe the time has not come yet because they are promised to be released on the Death Day of Anti - Christ .
That is their beliefs , we are not sure what the truth is ? But hey ! seeing is believing .
I lived in UAE and Oman so I just know there is a check post surrounded by the heavy military force .
Anyone could go but at their own risks . Many tourists have been cited in the missing list and even some Foreign Military search team as well . They have the Art of Black Magic and as far as I guess , this knowledge has not been shared with anyone who is human .

Kapish !

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidNova

Hmm, why didn't you just unplug the TV when it first gave you problems?

That's what I was thinking, seems like it'd be dangerous to have an old tube-driven television short circuiting

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The experience of the thing that you had thought was your wife sounds like nachtmahr. German for "nightmare" otherwise called the old hag.

Piccy
Another piccy

A hag, or "the Old Hag", was a nightmare spirit in English and anglophone North American folklore. This variety of hag is essentially identical to the Old English mæra — a being with roots in ancient Germanic superstition, and closely related to the Scandinavian mara. According to folklore, the Old Hag sat on a sleeper's chest and sent nightmares to him or her. When the subject awoke, he or she would be unable to breathe or even move for a short period of time.

Wiki

It's claimed to be sleep paralysis but I personally think that the old hag is what it was perceived to be in medieval times.

edit on 4/11/2012 by Sierra312 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/2012 by Sierra312 because: MOAR PICCY!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
When I first moved up here, I moved into a rental house. On the initial viewing, I felt absolutely nothing in the house so we took it. Nothing happened until three years passed. It all began with me hearing laughing, singing, and drumming in the back yard. This singing was in a Native language, but not mine so I had no idea whose tribal spirits it was.

Shortly after that, the closet door in my living room would open and close on it's own. My husband and daughter witnessed it while I was away one day. Then, on another incident while the husband and I were watching a movie, the same door opened quietly on it's own, then slammed shut.

My then 3 year old daughter one day came running up the steps crying and holding her stuffed animal. She said that a man in a tall black hat and coat kicked her stuffed animal down the steps and wouldn't leave her alone.

I smudged and prayed over that house but I could not get the spirit to move. I believe that something took place on the land it sits on and that something stirred it up and it came inside. It's hard to say, but the activity there continued clear up until I moved. This house used to keep me up as well. I never slept a restful sleep while living there. I used to feel that eyes were always on me.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sierra312
The experience of the thing that you had thought was your wife sounds like nachtmahr. German for "nightmare" otherwise called the old hag.

Piccy
Another piccy

A hag, or "the Old Hag", was a nightmare spirit in English and anglophone North American folklore. This variety of hag is essentially identical to the Old English mæra — a being with roots in ancient Germanic superstition, and closely related to the Scandinavian mara. According to folklore, the Old Hag sat on a sleeper's chest and sent nightmares to him or her. When the subject awoke, he or she would be unable to breathe or even move for a short period of time.

Wiki

It's claimed to be sleep paralysis but I personally think that the old hag is what it was perceived to be in medieval times.

edit on 4/11/2012 by Sierra312 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/2012 by Sierra312 because: MOAR PICCY!

This is truly frightening. I had the old hag experience after giving birth to my daughter via emergency c section. I had gotten home that afternoon and laid down to nap. I remember feeling as if my body had lifted up off the bed and I was floating. My eyes popped open and I could hear my husband in the other room talking to our baby. I tried to move and could not. I tried to talk and nothing would come out. I truly thought I was dying right there from some horrible side effect of surgery. Somehow I got myself to come out of it and completely freaked out. For days I didn't want to sleep for fear of it happening again. I thought maybe the anesthesia I had caused this.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

UV lights? hmm interesting, are there any studies on this or just personal experience?
I'd like to learn more about this theory.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Before I comment on your thread, I wanted to say how this reminded me of paranormal groups. The vast majority of them, when they come into someone's home after someone has called them for help, are only concerned with collecting evidence. It seems that they have no actual desire to attempt to rid the house of the paranormal activity. Instead of spending all their time finding new ways to capture evidence, I think they should spend more time actually figuring out how to get these ghosts to leave, or cross over, or whatever they need to do.

Regarding your story, it is strange that the activity was not present in the house when you moved in. There is the possibility that it was present, but just not active for a long time. The other possibility is that nothing was present during after you initially moved in, but actually arrived around the time the activity started. The fact that it has been increasing in severity is also interesting to note, although I am not sure what it means.

I have had my own experiences over the years, but unfortunately I do not know all that much about what ghosts are, or why they are here. Like everyone else, I have my theories and hypotheses, but they are by no means testable. The one thing I know, that may be able to help you, is that an object brought into the house could have triggered the activity. This energy was likely attached to the object itself, and when you brought it into your home, it took up residence.

If this is the case, removing the object may very well quell the activity. You had the right idea with the TV you threw out, since the activity was centered around it, which would make one think this is somehow involved in what is happening in the house. My advice to you and your family is to think really hard about objects that were brought into the house around the time the activity began. The object can be large or small. Rack your brain, and get your family to do the same, and hopefully you can come up with an object that fits this criteria.

For instance, do you ever go to garage sales maybe? Old stuff is the best candidate, since it has been around for a while, which statistically increases the chances something has attached to it over time. I do not know why paranormal energy gets attached to objects, or what criteria need be present for this to occur, but I do believe that it can happen. If you are not able to figure out what object could be causing the haunting, and get rid of it, there might be another option.

Get online and attempt to find a paranormal investigation group. BUT, and this is a big but, no pun intended...You must talk to this group and make sure they are focused on HELPING you remove the energy, and not interested only in capturing evidence. They may need to prove it to themselves that something is going on, but you don't need any proof, as you have experienced it firsthand...Thus it will not really do you any good, except offer validation that you were correct, or that you are not crazy, which I do not think you are.

Make sure the group will utilize a psychic. This is also important. I do not know how are why psychics are able to pick up on energy in a place, and I know there are many frauds, but psychics do exist. They are all over the place actually, although most people with this ability never develop it further. I do not believe that those people on TV, who attempt to tell a person all about their dead relatives, are real psychics. What I do know for a fact is that a psychic, instead of being able to channel any spirit or relative or a person, actually only can pick up on energy that has not moved on. Or people that have not moved on, which I think exist on a plane that is nearby to ours, but not where most people go after death. Most do not stick around.

So this is the energy that a psychic can pick up on, that which is in a place, but is not a living person. Many psychics work along with a paranormal investigation group, and this is why I suggested finding one to you. They may be able to come in, and the psychic hopefully can not only pick up on what is haunting your house, but figure out WHY it is haunting your house. If it is attached to something, that can be remedied by removing the object, or the spirit itself. It may not be able to cross over because there is something linking it to this world, and the psychic hopefully can find out what this reason is, and you guys can figure out how to release the energy.

What I am describing is not an "out there" idea that may or may not be true. There are many aspects of the paranormal that I do not understand, but what I have described in this post are things that I am sure of. They are considered by me as fact, through experiences and research. Others may KNOW more, but I only KNOW a little, but I am confident in this information. So hopefully what I have told you will be able to help you. If it does, I would appreciate it if you would send me a private message and let me know. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Hey there The Old American ... that was a very interesting account and very well written ... some people on ATS know that I have a long history with the paranormal and a few years ago I founded W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) ... it's a paranormal investigation group with a difference ... unlike most groups who visit known haunted places and try to capture evidence of paranormal activity in a variety of forms using expensive equipment ... our main purpose is to help people with paranormal problems.

We are a small private group (all vetted by me for compatibility and connection) and we never advertise ... all our clients come to us via word of mouth because of our success rate at helping former clients get rid of their problem at source ... often this takes one maybe two visits but we had one case - (The Red-Eyes Case) - that took us over a year to fully deal with the troublesome entity ... and whether a case is short or ongoing we never charge a fee for our services ... now the reason I am telling you this is to try and emphasize the amount of hands-on experience I have had with genuine paranormal activity and show that our purpose and intention has nothing to do with seeking fame or making money.

I have to confess I did not have time to read all the replies you've received to your OP but when reading it the cause to your activity seems obvious to me and it is more common than you might think ... it sounds like an energy vortex is open ... now the fact that you have lived in the house for 14yrs without problem indicates that something / someone / or action has opened the vortex inadvertantly.

The obvious link seems to be the TV going into the spare room ... however that said it could be the spare room itself and the TV was just the catalyst ... I know that you said you ended up throwing the TV out and all went quiet for a while but you have to realize that if the TV was in itself the gateway then numerous entity energies could have come through whilst it was open in your spare room and the fact that their source of entrance and exit was removed means that some of them remain this side of the vortex.

Obviously without visiting your home in person this is only supposition ... but it does seem to be a likely contender ... the good news is energy vortexes can be closed with a little effort ... if you have any questions I'm happy to help if I can.

Woody

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Consult a good psychic as soon as possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
One night, however, it finally got scary, and my wife witnessed it. I was sound asleep, and dreaming that my wife climbed into bed with me. She snuggled up to me, and started softly laughing in my ear. She then started climbing on me and putting her weight on me, all the while laughing. It got to where I couldn't breathe and she was crushing me. At that time my wife came in and woke me up, saying she heard laughing and I was calling for her. I marched in the spare bedroom, grabbed up the TV and took it to the curb. My shadow people were gone that night.

This sent shivers down my spine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join