It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My House Keeps Me Up At Night

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
wow seems everyone likes a good ghost story.. here are my questions... why did you start out saying everyone but your wife has witnessed this and then 2 paragraphs later state my wife witnessed this too? eh just curious.. i live with a ghost so i'm not saying I don't believe your story however.. your gonna need to be consistent with it.. any variable in your story will have people wrecking havoc on your good name ...
edit on 5-11-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!

but it won't be easy, cause learning the truth is a matter of personal study, not a magic trick (cleansing/excorcism/other magic tricks, snapping your fingers, it won't work, not permanently). On top of that, demons hate the truth, so they'll be fighting you every step of the way with every trick they have devised over the past 6000 years (they'll even set your family and friends against you by using their world system of things, possibly ridiculing your views when you start to believe in things that are truthful, fueling the fear of becoming an outcast is in heavy usage right now)

Originally posted by The Old American

While I'm a firm believer in the supernatural,

/TOA

Depending on what you exactly believe about the supernatural this could be a problem, strengthening the hold demons have over you. If you believe in lies/tricks they can use it against you. Most of the things suggested here so far will have that effect (each and every one of these suggested ideas can be traced back to the occult/paganism except the one who suggested praying to God, but praying to the wrong God will not help permanently, sure they might lay low for a while to give you the idea you're on the right track, but that's a trick, they'll come back again, this is also how the Catholic excorcism works, the Catholic Church is known to some as being a big part of Babylon the Great, which is the representation used in the bible book of Revelation to depict false religion, or in other words Satan's religion, it also mentions that Babylon the Great is a dwellling place for demons, so if you want to get rid of demons, severing contacts with Babylon the Great is a good first step).

The friend of my wife that I mentioned was the daughter of a woman that was heavy into the occult.

/TOA

Again, if she still believes some of the things she learned by associating with someone who is so heavy in the occult it can still have influence on her (and you if you fall for the same lies hearing them from her again). It works the same with the comments here, believe any of them (except the prayer comment), and the demons will gain more hold on you. Inviting Roman Catholics or spirit mediums in your house to do Pagan/Satanic rituals is the worst idea (and who knows, maybe they even ask for money, then it should be obvious they are not serving God or your interests, only their own pockets).

No occult activities at all. Just scary movies .

/TOA

As I've tried to indicate, it's your mind that is being screwed around with using false ideologies, lies, views of life. Movies play a big role in this. Horror movies are most likely the main cause of your problem, and let me guess, you LOVE horror movies (or someone else in your house)? That's how they do it, they make you love that which is bad for you. If you truly want to get rid of the demons (THEY ARE NOT DECEASED HUMANS, THEY POSE AS THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE AROUND WHEN THEY STILL LIVED, SO THEY KNOW THINGS ABOUT THESE DECEASED PEOPLE), you're going to have to make some sacrifices (i'll list only the things that are often overlooked because people don't know the truth):

- Christian cross (this is a symbol of Pagan origin used in the worship of Tammuz, it's predecessor was the cross of Tau, the Pagan Roman Emperor Constantine blended it into the Roman Catholic Church and passed it off as a Christian symbol, bibles where translated to Latin and the word "crux" was used to replace the original Greek word that said, if you translate to english, "stake". From the latin "crux" comes the english crucifixion and cross, so having your house saturated with a Pagan symbol that was often used to call on the demonic God Tammuz is not very smart when you want to get rid of demons, especially if you have some kind of reverential awe for this symbol on top of that)

- books, movies, discussion or thinking in the Fantasy genre, in particular promoting magic (LOTR, Harry Potter, the effect gets worse depending on your own response to the ideas presented in those movies, if you purely view them as fantasy, then it's not as bad as when you start trying or thinking you can do magic yourself, so that's why Harry Potter could be damaging to your child if he doesn't know the truth first and how these movies are used by the illuminati/freemasons/satanists/TPTB/NWO-elite to indoctrinate the viewers with false ideas)

- Christmas, Easter, Halloween (all Pagan rituals in origin and blended into Christendom in the same manner as the cross, these will make you more vulnerable again and fighting demons while trying to keep these Pagan traditions in your family will only make your fight that much harder, if not impossible)

Real answers are here:

If a person is being harassed by the demons
edit on 5-11-2012 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whereislogic

seriously? and all mental illnesses are just normal folks possessed too right?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I’d have to agree with most of what the other posters have already said, sounds like something has caused this entity to become more bold - If indeed it is just one spirit causing this. Most of the ideas already posted seem like the more logical reasons behind the haunting; building work at the house, a new object brought in to the house that has a history attached (maybe more!) etc... I have another more "odd" theory, however, and actually opened an account just to post it!
You stated that you have lived in the house for 14 years yet the phenomena has only just begun to become more active and the only thing you can recall in regards to freaky stuff happening before is when your son saw this thing when he was around 8.
Could it be that because he, meaning your son, has passed a stage in his mental growth, his innocent stage where he is more open to seeing things we can’t, the spirit is no longer noticed by him and has took it on himself, meaning the spirt, to make himself known? If that makes sense???? He could of been quite contempt with just knowing that your son notices him and when that stopped went on a strop and looked to grab your attention also? And if so, could it be that due to it becoming more active has attracted other more sinister beings in to your home?
Possibly not, just thought I’d throw it out there. I realise it doesn’t help your situation but as other posters have mentioned, starting at the beginning can often lead to finding the end.
Spirits rarely get nasty, like real nasty, from what I’ve read or experienced and I find a little bit of sarcasm and playing “trying to beat it” may help you with your mental state. If it turns the TV on, unplug it at the wall and say “checkmate!” You see a shadow move in the corner of the room, ask it if it has lost something or if it's going to chip in on the mortgage this month and then carry on with what you’re doing. After a while you may become more prone to forget about the frightening aspect of the situation (if you are at all? Some people aren’t) until something can be done about it or it becomes less intense. You may find that if it isn’t getting the reaction out of you that it wants it might just chill out a bit.
I realise a lot of people might not agree with the above paragraph, with all the “don’t confront it or anger it” kind of talk but at the end of the day, it’s your life, they had theirs, and one day when your buckets been kicked you can go and find the gits and bitch slap them, or join in and haunt the next group of poor souls that move in to your home!
Either way, I hope you find a solution to your problem and your family comes out of it unscathed.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I believe your story, I saw a ghost in my own room myself.

As the TV is concerned, the ghost responsible for that one is probably bored,
so he/she wants to watch television. Some spirits never ascend and are stuck
between dimensions. I guess the ones in your house are more prone
to manifest in this one. Usually they're not supposed to interact with this reality,
but it happens that some get stuck, don't know how to move on,
and then contemplate their meaningless existance of boredom.
This is why the ghost watches television, it's bored outa it's mind.
Better than haunting you I'm sure. When you get in between them and their hobies,
you might get into altercations, that can lead to a bad haunting.

The fact that you guys noticed this ghost has attracted other ones' attention.
Being bored and all, they want to interract with the living.
The bad news is this might also attract ghosts that are, well, not so nice.

You could try making a deal with whatever ghost is hanging out at your house
to fend off other ghosts, in exchange he gets to watch television.
I hope you have a basement where the tv's noise won't bother your sleep.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

NEVER make a deal with an entity!!! Old American, you need to take a hold here and tell this thing it is dead and must cross over, and is no longer welcome.. cast a circle of salt around your house. Think white light envision a circle around your house of pure white light, from the ground start raising all negative things up and out as your raise your circle in a cone... for starters.. Do learn white magic for protection! If you have issues in your space you must learn how to protect yourself. Sweeping it under the rug will not help you.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

wow seems everyone likes a good ghost story.. here are my questions... why did you start out saying everyone but your wife has witnessed this and then 2 paragraphs later state my wife witnessed this too? eh just curious.. i live with a ghost so i'm not saying I don't believe your story however.. your gonna need to be consistent with it.. any variable in your story will have people wrecking havoc on your good name ...
edit on 5-11-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

I meant she hasn't seen any of the shadow people or heard the noises. The only thing she has experienced in the house is that one night when she heard laughing and me calling to her. She thought it was me laughing in my sleep.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I downloaded an app that BlindBastards mentioned for my phone. I'm going to set it up tonight in the spare bedroom and see what happens. I'll post here the results. Thanks for all the replies and help. I should've posted about it before now, but was unsure what the response would be.

Thanks again!

/TOA

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I have no idea what blindbastard app is but good luck with that... i can tell you when i moved into this house, i had very interesting experiences that all sorts of people were trying to give good advise about... you name it, i've heard it. The house has been blissfully silent for quite sometime but that happens here.. we'll go months and months without anything and then the activity will pick up for about a week or two and then back to stillness. There is no magic trick.. my best advice really is to follow your gut instinct because NO 2 hauntings are alike... and no matter what anyone says.. your the one that has to live with the consequences if things go bad.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The TV set reminds me of a colleague who was getting spooked out when he was in a hotel room - the bedroom was large with a mini living room. When he sat watching telly in the living room. he kept hearing voices behind him in the bedroom. This really creeped him out until he discovered that the TV remote worked a TV in the bedroom.

I am serious - may be worth knowing if someone nearby has bought a TV similar to yours (and hence has a similar remote which is switching your TV on). Sorry I cannot explain the rest.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I grew up in a haunted house. This house WAS on a vortex. (confirmed by two different psychics several years apart from each other when visiting the house, even the native americans in Los Angeles county stayed away from this one section of Outpost Canyon saying it was a vortex too) To make things worse my dad collected old african art that was probably stolen from whatever tribes they originally belonged to and shipped to the US. These things were likely cursed. In fact one african statue that sorta looked like a two foot tall wooden carving of a gray was seen to move out of the corner of your eye by several people on different occasions. This house had problems. Shadow people. Cold spots, faint voices and music, glowing sections of dark rooms.

I found that short of a priest or religious cleric of some sort going in there to purify the location the only thing that worked was ignoring the entities but in a specific way. You had to be dismissive of them. Truly feel that they were inferior to you. You had to have conviction in your believes that whatever these things were you were stronger. THey would get tired or just weak and leave. THats what I found was best to cope with these types of entities. That being said. Either I'm sensitive enough to spot these things elsewhere or one or two of them followed me around from home to home for a few years. I am clean and free of them now. But thats also something you may want to consider. Thats why I recommend a professional cleansing of your home. Just so whatever it is goes away and does not follow you through out life.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Until I started seeing shadow people in my bedroom.

That's a very interesting, scary experiences. The reason I'm commenting is just last night I had the (very) awful experience of seeing shadow person in my bedroom. I didn't know what to call it, so I described it as a ghost when telling my wife, but no it was a shadow person. And I wasn't going to publicly say anything until I just read the words you typed.

I don't scare much and I'm not "into" ghosts or the paranormal - but yes, I saw a shadow person and I nearly jumped out of my skin, my heart was racing so fast, and I was scared.

I hope that never happens to me again. More stuff happened later, and I might have a problem with something I don't really believe in, but I have to keep it to myself.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

You, and anyone who is seeing shadow people REALLY need to watch this video.
This is posted in my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks, Sled. I'll give a look when I get some free time tonight -- it's just.... well the rest of the story in short order is my wife had nightmares that I was trying to kill her last night (says she's never had a dream like that before) and my bedroom was freezing for no reason. Like I said, this stuff is not my realm but I know what I saw. It sounds eerily similar to the OP, just without all the other stuff.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Ok I'm not at all an expert on dreams but out of curiosity are you either trying or expecting a child or grandchild? I recall that death in a dream can simply represent change and you could be the one effecting that change upon her life. Becoming a mother or grandmother is one of the biggest changes I can think of that a wife would subconsciously directly link to their husband (aside from divorce).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shortchop79

Wow! You're good. Yes, we're trying to have another child and made this decision just last week. She'll be relieved to know that, I'll relay your comment to her.

As for the shadow people... .I don't know.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I applaud your gusto to post what you did, by your post count and your flags you are not a fly by night poster.
Very well written and very interesting.

I posted a thread a few months back about something that I could not understand at all, I too was very hesitant to post but my gut said post it.

I received for the most part positive replies and good advice.
A really good read and it sure makes me wonder as I have personally dealt with something similar with an older TV turning on by itself.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

It was for my son to go an watch TV with his friends or play with his Wii. And since it was only turning on by itself, it seemed innocuous enough. Creepy, yes, but it was also interesting.

What program was on when you walked in the room? Did it change channels too? Like one night, the news on channel 4 and then the next night, The Twilight zone on channel 20? I hope you reply, cause I got this theory...

Oh, and its definitely human spirit(s). At least one of them is female.

Who else gets mad when you leave the toilet seat up?

I realize that the OP stated it was the toilet tank top banging, but just to add to the mix here what if the spirit or ghost was Nagged to death about the toilet seat being left up all the time.

I see the OP is well trained in the matter and so am I after the wife did a few dunks in the well after I forgot to but the seat back down.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Thats what made me think of it too. Spirit of somebody that used to live in the house? Lot of that going around it seems.

Then theres this bit from TOA's OP...

I was sound asleep, and dreaming that my wife climbed into bed with me. She snuggled up to me, and started softly laughing in my ear. She then started climbing on me and putting her weight on me, all the while laughing. It got to where I couldn't breathe and she was crushing me. At that time my wife came in and woke me up, saying she heard laughing and I was calling for her.

Surely freaky deeky... and definitely female.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortchop79
reply to post by Jason88

Ok I'm not at all an expert on dreams but out of curiosity are you either trying or expecting a child or grandchild? I recall that death in a dream can simply represent change and you could be the one effecting that change upon her life. Becoming a mother or grandmother is one of the biggest changes I can think of that a wife would subconsciously directly link to their husband (aside from divorce).

We have one child who is 14, so new ones on the horizon. And we'd better not be expecting any grandchildren yet!

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join