It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA is out of water NO delivery until next Monday!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Just like with Katrina, lack of food and water, combined with thousands of new homeless people will lead to chaos.

I bet they wouldnt have ran out of water if this crisis occurred in another country.

There is never an end or shortage of food, water, and supplies when America is taking care of disasters outside of our country. But when there is a crisis here in OUR LAND, aw shucks, looks like we fall short and nothing we can do about it. There could be a disaster in some other country tomorrow and I BET supplies would be never-ending for them. But for us, its tough-luck!!

American tax-payer getting the SHAFT as usual.
edit on 4-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The Superdome was not a FEMA issue.

The media is a powerful thing, as I am constantly dispelling this myth.

And people need to use common sense. NO was under a mandatory evacuation. Why would FEMA establish a shelter in a mandatory evacuation zone?

What happened at the superdome was this:

The superdome was previously used by the city as a shelter. After a previous incident, the people who sheltered there trashed the superdome(sound familiar?)

The city then decided to no longer us the superdome as a shetler for that reason.

NO was under a mandatory evacuation, no one should of been left. They woulld not establish any shelters to encourage people to stay. There would be way too many legal ramifications by keeping people in a shelter in a danger zone.

Since those people made the decision to stay (over 65% reported they did have a way out and chose to not take it)

They went to the only shelter they could think of, the superdome.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

I am sure you were very concerned about the Navajo Nation, considering they never received their water rights. Seniors would have to drive or walk miles to a well pump and fill up a bucket.
For over 60 years they were petitioning for water rights.

Obama gave them their water rights within weeks of coming into office. Not only that, he made it a national priority.

So yes, Americans do go without water.

Which is why east coasters look selfish complaining after 6 days.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
One call to NATO and you get marshall law enforced on chaos

link   
I guess what has surprised me the most is, the speed with which people are moving away from this and on to the next

If you'd have told me that New York and oh a few other states had entire cities and barrier islands forced evacuated afterward, and received very little assistance would get less than a week's worth of attention on
some alternative websites, I would not have believed this a few years ago.

I would have thought it would be Fukushima and Katrina on steroids.
Where are the investigative reporters asking the questions about where the people are going?

Did they have nursing home space for all the displaced from destroyed nursing homes to absorb them?

Are there school gyms with 10s of thousands of people waiting for relatives to take them to live with them for the months if not years for them to return to their own homes?

I thought the schools were all back to normal. Well, then what about schools on the evacuated barrier islands and places like Staten Island, lower Manhattan, and many parts of NJ?
Where are those kids going to school?

link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Most of those restrictions are lifted during a state of emergency. Your governor gets insane powers under a declaration.

Most atsers should edcuate themselves, stop obsessing about FEMA,and find out what those capabilities are, especially for the next Governor election.

The Gov and his department heads can do A LOT. and a lot of red tape restrictions are waived with a single letter from the Gov.

There are motions set into play under a declaration. Credit Card limits are raised greatly, for emergency purchases. Restrictions on roads and bridges are lifted for gov't employees in the field, etc.

So a lot of the red tape is eliminated.

Essentially what this article says is that FEMA is quickly patching holes that the state and city left. It is not up to FEMA to make those contracts with the vendors, that was up to your state to do so beforehand.

What this article means is that your Governor and Mayor have compeltely failed in preparing the state for an emergency response.

And considering the history of the city, there is NO EXCUSE.

I will say that a big part of the problem is the scope of this storm. It caused havok in every surroudning state. And sometimes contingency plans are based on next door states giving assistance. They are backups for each other.

So if every state is funneling their own resources, that is a resource that was eliminated.

edit on 4-11-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
I have always noticed how little prepared for adverse situations people are ever since I was in the military.

The world is not a safe place,safety is a sales pitch to get you out there wasting your money and resources on meaningless # you don't need,while you should be preparing to endure the occasional periods of adversity
that accompany living on an unsafe planet.You don't need to be a "doomsday prepper",but don't be stupid about it either,there are not enough wildlife and unpolluted resources out there for us all to bug out to the woods.

About 10 years ago while I was in the military stationed in San Antonio and a hurricane was coming up the Gulf towards Corpus Christi and we were told it could affect us too. That was when I looked around my house and realized I had about 3 days supplies and after that I would be draining the hot water heater and drinking water we might have filled up in the bath tubs. We would be eating roman noodle rather quickly and nothing else within a week having no food but maybe some canned beets. hehe

Nothing came out of it but it really got me thinking. I live in Washington state now and I'm not a doomsday prepper but I plan for the what if, when the what if might be months on our own.

For water I have a 55 gallon plastic drum with a filtration system in it that can make about 5 gallons per hour of pure water if need be (12,000 gallons before I need to change the filter). I also have a reverse osmosis hand pump that can purify 20,000 gallons before I need to change the filter.

Food, I have 200 pounds of white rice that will store for 20 years as my stable, and I have a lot of long term storage of beans, about 3 months of freeze dried meats, and a lot of canned vegetable etc. I can also hunt as needed if things push out farther than 3 or 4 months for meats.

Since my house is mostly natural gas I have a natural gas (basically unlimited supply) generator hooked up and only a massive earth quake would disrupt that. I also have about 20 gallons of propane and I can go wood if need be.

This doesn't solve everything but it is a good long term foundation that I would only build on if things kept getting worst. The one thing that I think is a most likely failure will be with the power grid for what might be months without it.

It is funny that something as simple as a plastic water drum with a filter system and you are basically set for a very long time for water, and having at least 2 months of food in long term storage in a back closet while storing away ten cheap 5 gallon propane tanks, a family can pretty much last out 90% of anything big that might happen.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I live in the hardest hit part of nj, luckily I had no damage and my power was restored quickly. Everyone I have talked to that lost their homes have pretty much all said that FEMA and the state government is doing a good job so far. The amount of private donations has been also been very high and no one is reporting a lack of water and food.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Soooo, FEMA is the only entity on earth that could provide water to people that need it?

Second Line: BULLSH*T

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I agree with you about the state governments dropping the ball as well, but they may have even more red tape and bureaucracy to wade through to get anything done than the federal government.

I have never worked with the state, except as a citizen so I can't really say for a fact, but I'm sure the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

ETA: which explains why they are ill prepared and have to scramble to get things done after all of the regulation are lifted.

edit on 4-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
On a planet that is 70% covered by water, the one agency responsible for providing it can't do it.

Perhaps we should be thinking about eliminating THAT government agency and leave the real emergency preparedness to the locals?

On a tangential note: Think about all the things state and local governments could do with HALF the payroll tax that gets siphoned off to pay the national debt. If we weren't paying it to a bloated federal kleptocracy, the state and local governments could do a lot more with much less of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

I live in California and I stocked up!
Pretty crappy situation all around, it seems. I feel for the less fortunate who couldnt possibly afford extra food and supplies, and the homeless. Hopefully they decided to evacuate, ignorance kills.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What should EVERYONE learn from this, the government, when push comes to shove, will not be there to look out for you. GET PREPARED!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Me neither. Even after Bloomberg visited Rockaway and got the verbal crap beat out of him his statement was that the NATIONAL GUARD was there passing out food and water. No mention of FEMA. Once again, they appear to be sitting back at the HQ distance of things.

They were probably real busy on the prep work for the marathon. And I'm not kidding. I'd bet you money they were just scurrying around like ants on that deal. It's a photo op, after all. Got that rug jerked out from under them.

They should have ran the marathon... they would have plenty of water then... people line the streets to hand the runners water.

The gov/city admin saved themselves from looking like bigger idiots by not holding the marathon. So why did they not run it, because of the outcry or because they knew there was no water?!?!

Let's hope I'm wrong but I bet they would have had plenty of water to supply to marathon runners. Theres something about this that reeks of lying liars telling lies.
edit on 4-11-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I agree with you.

I wish they would scrap FEMA. Its just another nothing government agency/bureaucracy sucking up money and failing at tasks. Feeble attempts to justify its own existence and funding.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

i agree with that why do people oppose government intrusion and then yell 'help!' when their in trouble but on the other hand it makes me sick to think those bastards are watching the people suffer on their 24 hour cameras...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Despite all the hype of the "lean forward" storm response strategy it seems FEMA was actually "sitting on it's hands" instead. Even with several days forewarning of Sandy hitting the Northeast FEMA relief supplies were still sitting in warehouses in Georgia a full day after the storm hit.

www.breitbart.com... utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

But contrary to Fugate's claims, there simply was no "water that was initially staged" by FEMA. When the storm hit, all the FEMA bottled water was in its Georgia or Maryland warehouses. The request for proposal sent out hurriedly on Friday, November 2 for an additional 2.3 million gallons of bottled water, for delivery to Long Island on Monday, November 5, was not a pre-negotiated, pre-bid contract "turned on" that day according to a FEMA master plan. Instead, it was an example of FEMA scrambling after the fact to meet the needs of victims that it should have planned for weeks earlier.

Not only that but as of last friday of 51 industrial sized generators allocated for Connecticut only 1 was operating.

So much for securing the "homeland".
Disband Homeland Security and make FEMA an independent organization run by professional first-responders like it used to be before GWB and the Republicons decided to homogenize everything to fight terrorism.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by coreytheconspirator

i agree with that why do people oppose government intrusion and then yell 'help!' when their in trouble but on the other hand it makes me sick to think those bastards are watching the people suffer on their 24 hour cameras...

Speaking strictly for myself, I think the people paid for the stuff. We pay for their high salaries, their navy blue windbreakers, their fancy trucking and tracking supply chain of our vittles, port-a-potties, and water bottles.

Is it too much to freaking ask that they break them out in a timely manner as the situation arises?

If you aren't going to tax me for it whether I want it or not, then I'll use the extra cash and fit out myself and family
to a greater extent.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
One of our family friends works for FEMA as a dispatcher in a supply hub (Fort Worth TX). He's been working 12-hour shifts daily since the storm hit, sending out trucks full of supplies and receiving empty ones back for refilling. The only problems he's seeing are with the brokerage firms used to find the drives and coordinate the pickup/dropoff. These brokers are Not FEMA but rather contracted firms with access to thousands upon thousands of drivers and trucking assets.

He's indicated that he's starting to see a steady return of trucks they filled days ago and they're returning empty. He's also indicated that this hub alone has something like 120 thousand Cases of water stocked and ready to ship if needed.

Not saying that what you folks are reading is true or not. Just reporting some facts as I've heard them from someone who's actually hands-on involved and has no angle from a political or conspiracy standpoint.

edit on 5-11-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join