It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA is out of water NO delivery until next Monday!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just like with Katrina, lack of food and water, combined with thousands of new homeless people will lead to chaos. Add to this that a nor-easter is expected early next week.

Meanwhile President Obama got his photo ops and is back on the campaign trail...

In fact, the agency appears to have been completely unprepared to distribute bottled water to Hurricane Sandy victims when the storm hit this Monday. In contrast to its stated policy, FEMA failed to have any meaningful supplies of bottled water -- or any other supplies, for that matter -- stored in nearby facilities as it had proclaimed it would on its website. This was the case despite several days advance warning of the impending storm. FEMA only began to solicit bids for vendors to provide bottled water for distribution to Hurricane Sandy victims on Friday, sending out a solicitation request for 2.3 million gallons of bottled water at the FedBizOpps.govwebsite. Bidding closed at 4:30 pm eastern.

link

edit on 4/11/2012 by Sauron because: replace internal quote tags with external quote tags.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

And people still think that the government has the brains to accomplish things.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hey, they have plenty of coffins ready though. So, it isn't all bad.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think you will find that contract is for replacement water, to replace what they are using now. So once again FEMA is doing their job.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koros

And people still think that the government has the brains to accomplish things.

The lack of brains is with the people in trouble there.

The first lack of brains is thinking the Government can handle a disaster like this.

If a person looked up their elevation and it was less than 25 feet above sea level and they stayed they really lack brains.

If a person who did stay had 1/2 case of water, 3 days of food and 1/4 tank of gas in their car after it hit they don't even have a brain....hehe

It is not like they didn't have a week's warning...earthquake I can understand...hurricane....really?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

WTF?
did they spend all the food and water money
on guns, bullets, and training brownshirts?

DHS graduates first Corps of Obama’s Brown Shirts – Homeland Youth

The federal government calls them FEMA Corps. But they conjure up memories of the Hitler Youth of 1930’s Germany. Regardless of their name, the Dept of Homeland Security has just graduated its first class of 231 Homeland Youth. Kids, aged 18-24 and recruited from the President’s AmeriCorp volunteers, they represent the first wave of DHS’s youth corps, designed specifically to create a full time, paid, standing army of FEMA Youth across the country.
On September 13, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security graduated its first class of FEMA Corps first-responders. While the idea of having a volunteer force of tens of thousands of volunteers scattered across the country to aid in times of natural disasters sounds great, the details and timing of this new government army is somewhat curious, if not disturbing.

DHS raising an armed army

The first problem one finds with this ‘new army’ is the fact that they are mere children. Yes, 18 is generally the legal age a person can sign a contract, join the military or be tried as an adult. But ask any parent – an 18, 20 or even a 24 year-old is still a naïve, readily-influenced kid.

The second problem with this announcement and program is its timing. Over the past two years, President Obama has signed a number of Executive Orders suspending all civil and Constitutional rights and turning over management of an America under Martial Law to FEMA. Also in that time, domestic federal agencies under DHS, including FEMA, have ordered billions of rounds of ammunition as well as the corresponding firearms. Admittedly, these new weapons and ammunition aren’t to be used in some far-off war or to fight forest fires in California, but right here on the streets of America.

probably useless at the mo', however, once lack of food, water, and FEMA lead to predictable rioting, and looting
i'm sure those guns, bullets, and training brownshirts will be spun by the authorities as being "inspired and foward-seeing" as justification

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

edit on 3-11-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What do people think about the whistleblower saying more than a week of stocked food is considered terrorism, in light of this hurricane? Pretty messed up policy, do they want people to starve? So you can't stockpile food, you can't rely on fema. Hmmm...sounds evil.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Anti-gun Bloomberg turns down help from the gun toting National Guard

Meanwhile, residents on Staten Island are diving in dumpsters in hopes of finding food and residents of Coney Island are trying to fight off looters with sticks and stones. With such a dire situation, you’d think the mayor would take all the help he could get. Think again. Bloomberg has reportedly turned down additional help from the U.S. National Guard. “We don’t need it,” Bloomberg insists, despite pleas from the boroughs for back-up. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I guess you always have that other option, you know... death.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This situation is just going from bad to worse!

Where is the light at the end of the tunnel for these people?

We're all hopefully taking notes on how this is going.

My sympathies to all caught up in this drama.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
What do people think about the whistleblower saying more than a week of stocked food is considered terrorism, in light of this hurricane? Pretty messed up policy, do they want people to starve? So you can't stockpile food, you can't rely on fema. Hmmm...sounds evil.
But you can die and FEMA is ready for that.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The Goverment is useless.
and Feme should be shut down.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

“The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

It appears Bloomberg has shown his true colors, ignore the Constitution. The only other people with guns are the criminals and people are defenseless....keep NY safe from 32oz.sodas.....who keeps voting for people like him

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Whats sick is the banks who own the mortgages on these people's homes that don't exist anymore will be demanding what is owed to them.

Sure, they lost their homes, their personal possessions, I am sure the first thing on their minds is making their payments.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I could be wrong, and if I am don't hold it against me, but I think and maybe others do that this situation as far as I can see from the gas lines, the shortages of food and electricity, reported looting is on the fringe of possible civil unrest.

It is not that FEMA or the States can't help but the United states itself is showing that it cannot deal with a widespread geographical disaster, the only two real disasters in recent memory that we have had to deal with are Katrina and 911-01, we have a multi state emergency, winter is on the way and this is happening in the northern atlantic states, not to mention the blizzard that came in West Virginia and parts of Virginia.

I think this could lead to a situation where a martial law type of situation could evolve if people do not get the food, shelter and water they need in a timely manner, and some type of riot situation occurs.

I ran into someone from New Jersey that is staying at a hotel here in Virginia and also has a house in NJ he lost in the hurricane, he has nothing but the truck they used to escape and he said his neighborhood was wiped out but he has some family here so he has some fallback but for those who don't I can't imagine how they will cope through this.

Does anyone else think this could evolve ?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I know that Anheiser Bush in Cartersville, GA, had went into full production putting cans of water out that were headed up there, so if they are out, it won't be for long.

Here's an article, but I know they had production going full blast at least yesterday. I saw some pictures coming out of there of the cans ready to go yesterday afternoon.

www.neighbornewspapers.com... tance=bartow
edit on 3-11-2012 by hadriana because: adding info, link

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound callous but these folks had plenty of warning to get supplies. I have to assume most responsible people did stock up. I live in Ohio and even I added to my stockpile of water and non-perishables just in case we lost power. You can't just expect the government to take care of you 24-7, especially in such a wide spread disaster. Personal accountability has to enter in this.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Fema used up their budget on black op bunkers for the Elite

Not surprising there is no water for storm victims

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join