It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA is out of water NO delivery until next Monday!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

This is proof that charity and free market work better than government. They need to get out of the way and let professionals and people handle it.

On a side note about Nanny Bloomy...pretty soon if he stays in power, the NYPD probably won't have guns either.

Before he canceled the marathon, they threw state police and 1st responders out of the hotels to use for runners. I have first hand knowledge of that. Idiots in charge.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
What do people think about the whistleblower saying more than a week of stocked food is considered terrorism, in light of this hurricane? Pretty messed up policy, do they want people to starve? So you can't stockpile food, you can't rely on fema. Hmmm...sounds evil.

If you rely on your government agencies when it comes to food and drink, you deserve everything you get whether you are labelled a terrorist or not. Yes, its very evil... People should be following there instincts, not the governments fear mongering and BS.
edit on 3-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have yet to see any pictures of FEMA doing anything at all after the storm. Where are they? What are they doing? I thought they were in charge of disaster relief - am I wrong here?
Already out of stockpiled water yet they have billions of bullets.
Heckuva job....somebody..

We'd like our money back please!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
and people were complaining it took Fema 5 days to bring water to the superdome
with Sandy it will be so much worst

thats why its extremely important to always have a BOB for each familly members
ready at the door just in case there is an emergency

doesnt cost a lot to buy a school bag and put a few ressources in it
with a few water bottles with cookies and soup cans

it could save your lifes to take such preparation

NEVER DEPEND ON ANYONE .. EXCEPT YOURSELF
prepare in advance just in case .. better be prepare then not

I beg you all to make such preparation in advance .. please ..
would break my heart if you dont and there is another Sandy coming your way
and you dont have any BOB near the door
edit on 11/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I have yet to see any pictures of FEMA doing anything at all after the storm. Where are they? What are they doing? I thought they were in charge of disaster relief - am I wrong here?

Now that's a great point. In theory, their entire purpose for existence is to deal with this type of situation, and they have had more than enough time to learn from past mistakes and get it right (or at least better).

Yet somehow they manage to make a cock-up of the situations where they are really needed.

Where is this money going (besides the damn bullets)? What is going on with this agency?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If any of you ever worked directly for, or contracted with a US federal govt agency (at least at the clerical level), you know exactly why this is occurring. The order for the extra water is still probably going through the red tape, bureaucracy, and "proper" channels to get approved.

It's frustrating to get anything done. You have to get a manager's approval, who needs a deputy director's approval, who need their director's approval, who needs the adjunct division leader's approval, who needs the division leader's approval, who then needs the regional leader's approval, who then needs the district's approval, which can be vetoed by the national director's pen.

Then within that chain of events it sits in deputy director's secretary's inbox for a week, who then finally reads it on a Friday and decides it can wait until the next business day, which is on a Monday, because it is 2:54pm on a Friday and it's time to go home. Then it finally gets to the deputy director's desk and it sits there for another two weeks because he's in meetings about when to have the next series of meetings, about the meetings scheduled for the regional meeting. The deputy director finally reads it, then forwards it on for the director's approval who is out on vacation until the next month. The director gets back from vacation, and has too many meetings to attend to read his e-mail so it sits there for another two months, and then finally he sends it on to the adjunct division leader who then rejects it because it doesn't fit within the budget slashed by Congress, and sends it all the way back down to the channels to the original requester; and that process may take another 4 weeks because that entire department was contracted, and was laid off and replaced by the cheapest bidder due to the change of budget, so they have to wait until the brand new employees get trained, which will take about 3 months, to resend the original request to fit within the budget.

Until this mentality and bureaucracy is dealt with, nothing will ever get accomplished in a timely fashion at the clerical level with govt. I'm sure the order for more water had to go through a process similar to this.

edit on 4-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
well you should have prepped in the first place but nooo only crazy doomsdayers do prepping

see whos laughing now

edit on 4-11-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
people need to take responsibility for themselves ..no government in the world could manage such rescue and clear up operation ..will be some time before life returns to normal.... (until next year) i'm betting the preppers have plenty of water
edit on 06/-06004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Me neither. Even after Bloomberg visited Rockaway and got the verbal crap beat out of him his statement was that the NATIONAL GUARD was there passing out food and water. No mention of FEMA. Once again, they appear to be sitting back at the HQ distance of things.

They were probably real busy on the prep work for the marathon. And I'm not kidding. I'd bet you money they were just scurrying around like ants on that deal. It's a photo op, after all. Got that rug jerked out from under them.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Where is this money going (besides the damn bullets)? What is going on with this agency?

And I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation of why they would ever need that ammo, have you?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is an extremely SAD situation!! I'm wondering if there are any intact water heaters that are still filled that could be tapped and drained?
Or maybe they already have.........

The sad thing is, people who had 1/4 tank of gas and only 3 days of food total means they are very poor and could not prepare the way above poverty folks could!!! Just think about that for a while......

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Me neither. Even after Bloomberg visited Rockaway and got the verbal crap beat out of him his statement was that the NATIONAL GUARD was there passing out food and water. No mention of FEMA. Once again, they appear to be sitting back at the HQ distance of things.

They were probably real busy on the prep work for the marathon. And I'm not kidding. I'd bet you money they were just scurrying around like ants on that deal. It's a photo op, after all. Got that rug jerked out from under them.

I thought the National Guard was the operating arm of FEMA via each state FEMA. In any case, I would wager that most of that was for photo op purposes only. When I saw water in the back of a Nat Guard truck in one photo it was being loaded into ANOTHER unknown truck. Now how senseless is that?
Perhaps both trucks could have shown up and been filled at the same depot.
Point being, what it didn't show was any cases of bottled water being handed out.

If there has been upward of a million cases of displaced people, was there infrastructure and supplies in place to take care of them in the form of a millions of cases of water in the area? How big a warehouse would that need to be? How long would a case of water last these people? What is the likelihood that there are MANY many people who didn't receive ANY in round one.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Anti-gun Bloomberg turns down help from the gun toting National Guard

Meanwhile, residents on Staten Island are diving in dumpsters in hopes of finding food and residents of Coney Island are trying to fight off looters with sticks and stones. With such a dire situation, you’d think the mayor would take all the help he could get. Think again. Bloomberg has reportedly turned down additional help from the U.S. National Guard. “We don’t need it,” Bloomberg insists, despite pleas from the boroughs for back-up. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

But it wouldn't be fair for national guard troops to have guns. Bloomberg knows where his priorities are. He'd rather see people die than give up a modicum of control over who has firearms.
It's a load of steaming prevarication though. Most national guard troops who are doing relief work don't need weapons to hand out water food and supplies.
Tents cots and heaters will work without grenades and bullets.

If they looked at Katrina then they would realize that the reason for the big Katrina mess after the flooding was that the state and city refused the help that was available. "We've got it covered." was the attitude until the mass of victims and their needs was too public and too evident to ignore.

Seems like history is repeating it's self on a larger scale but Bush isn't around to blame this time.

By the way, all of the billions upon billions being spent on FEMA over the last few years wasn't for relief of the victims of a disaster. It has been to create an infrastructure to control the population. That's why fema isn't ready to help properly. They have been preparing for something totally different.
edit on 4-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have always noticed how little prepared for adverse situations people are ever since I was in the military.

I also noticed another thing while I was riding my bicycle from Florida to Wisconsin in the summer of 2011

That being that people were pretty annoyingly selfish,rude,ignorant and short sighted in Florida,people became more wholesome and prepared,considerate,at around mid-southern Georgia,got better the farther north I went until southern Illinois.

In southern Illinois people started acting the same as they did in Florida,and the farther north I got,the more unprepared and rude they became again.

Another thing I don't understand,is how the military doesn't have any of those giant tankers around to haul water in for those people,all of the things those people need should be stocked and ready to go for at least some of them.

This is all pretty much just common sense,which seems to be absent from those who find themselves stranded and hungry,and those who take so much of our taxes and other funds for what seems like nothing,I would think they would consider the possibility of events like this happeneing.Like maybe consider where the locations of towns and cities were in relation to the risks associated with the location,and make some kinds of preparations for the possibilities...

The world is not a safe place,safety is a sales pitch to get you out there wasting your money and resources on meaningless # you don't need,while you should be preparing to endure the occasional periods of adversity
that accompany living on an unsafe planet.You don't need to be a "doomsday prepper",but don't be stupid about it either,there are not enough wildlife and unpolluted resources out there for us all to bug out to the woods.

We Wrecked It.

Revel in the Chaos,but be smart about it.Prepare for the unforeseen at least a little bit anyway..............
edit on 4-11-2012 by MyHappyDogShiner because: Dumb

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Considering how Fubar the Katrina response was one would think FEMA would at least recognize a great photo op when they are handed one, you know to show how great they can respond to a disaster. But they are nowhere to be found!
This proves they really don't give a $h*# what Americans think of them and that should worry us all.
When they no longer care about public image there's trouble ahead.

US disaster agency tries to dispel social media rumors (FEMA)
www.interaksyon.com...
Note how they dispel rumors but again no mention of ANY concrete action of any kind. WTH?

Are these the things that may trigger a total disaster?:
Sandy's REAL TSUNAMI? Trillions of stock certificates and other paper securities DAMAGED!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ambassador Stephens Death and the Coming Military Coup
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Germany wants their gold back/ bars found containing tungsten/more trouble etc.

ETA: Not to worry anyone but how did Plum Island make out during Sandy? If some new infectious outbreak happens I know where I would be looking first for answers.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

People just do not understand that FEMA is not a workforce, but just a pot of money. They just buy things and have others distribute. The money wasted during Katrina was ridiculous to say the least, I saw 1000s of white trailers never used, AND all had carcinogens in the materials used to build them at like 30k a pop. I saw many people housed still in hotels paid by FEMA well over 1 years after it hit with a 2000 dollar a month debit card.

Oh BTW those people were bitching it wasn't enough...

We will see the same failures here as we did in Katrina, but it is all good since Obama flew there for one day and said he will fix it all...if he says it, it must be true.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
*sucks in a deep breath to start the usual rhetric*

FEMA is a support agency, it is not THE response agency. Emergency response is done on the local level.

If a response is failing, that is the failing of your mayor and your governor to prepare. And DHS gives a lot of money to your government to prepare.

And a major city like NYC which is a target will get a lot more money then others.

The fact that FEMA has already drained their reserves means that your city wasn't prepared at all, that onlly after 5 days, FEMA has to haul in supplies from somewhere else.

it means that your city/state did not develop a proper contracts and MOUs with partners in case of an emergency.

After being attacked by terrorists numerous times. NYC has absolutely no excuse to not be ready.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I can't say for that reason but half of emergency reponse is panic control.

if a scarey pandemic hit, and nurses were going around delivering vaccines, you can bet people will panic and try to rob the truck or assualt the nurses for medicines. It is those scenarios they have to prepare for.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You should be saying "lack of common sense" not lack of brains. Most of these people that are effected have lots of knowledge, their braincells are full of useful or useless knowledge and that effects their ability to have common sense.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

the National Guard is at the direction of the state.

The method of transferring essentials is called point of dispensing. Works much like a postal system. The entire load is distributed to a point in the county,l and then it is broken down and distributed to different regions in the county.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join