It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you visit planet earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I just had a thought. If you were part of an alien species with the ability to travel the stars, would you visit planet earth? I know silly question, but if you really think about it, we as humans are dangerous, unpredictable creatures. Face it, who would want to visit a mud ball, flying through space, inhabited by psychotic apes?
I welcome your thoughts, lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'd like to visit planet Earth, but the people are so violent, egotistical and only aspire for wealth by any means in which to obtain it. There is no regard for their limited resources, the animals, the bodies of water and forests. It appears to be a beautiful place with an atmosphere that will support our bodies. I think I'll pass and go to planet Vectron instead. They don't have humans on that planet and I hear the food is great!
edit on 2-11-2012 by SinMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Really it would depend on how the "psychotic apes" tasted with barbeque sauce. When I go on vacation my favorite thing to do is to try out all the local foods. If the vittles aren't good I don't go back.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If I were an extraterrestrial that visited this planet and saw what humans were like, I would turn everything and everyone to ash immediately.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i would copy human technology and send out probes, so even when caught, it would be a KFO!
!

Yeah i would just stay far, like behind mars and study them.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
coming to earth would prolly be to aliens equivilent of going to detroit for humans

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ok, so far we have:

1 -> No, I would go to another planet
1 -> More BBQ sauce
1 -> Turn everything to ash
1 -> Stay away and study us

I'm liking the answers so far. Very enlightening and funny.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
I just had a thought. If you were part of an alien species with the ability to travel the stars, would you visit planet earth? I know silly question, but if you really think about it, we as humans are dangerous, unpredictable creatures. Face it, who would want to visit a mud ball, flying through space, inhabited by psychotic apes?
I welcome your thoughts, lol.

Nah, not silly at all ...

Yes we are dangerous, unpredictable creatures so are most all other creatures here, I think "they" would understand and would have dealt with it.

Unless we run into some sort of collective consciousness something like social insects which would probably never understand the concept of free thinking. Even then I believe they would visit, if nothing else to study why we are different.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i've heard that our little section of space here is under 'quarantine', orders of the big, mean, 'demiurge'.

so maybe the aliens that would want to come to visit us are having some travel troubles.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm thinking that if i've traveled trillions of miles in search of resources and finially come across a blue planet such as earth, i would have enough sense to know the reason its blue is the reflection off the waters surface, therefore i would visit because it takes water to sustain life and i would know its not a wasteland of a planet.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by arielsdad
I'm thinking that if i've traveled trillions of miles in search of resources and finially come across a blue planet such as earth, i would have enough sense to know the reason its blue is the reflection off the waters surface, therefore i would visit because it takes water to sustain life and i would know its not a wasteland of a planet.

What would happen if you crashed and had to rely on the indigenous "psychotic apes" for help?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
well, if my planet had been in enough peril that i was forced to travel interstellar then im sure i would have many more ships with me to transport our new found supplys, so if one of us crashed we would have plenty of support and armament

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
What would happen if you crashed and had to rely on the indigenous "psychotic apes" for help?

Probably look at it as a situation not unlike a toddler trying to pick up ants. Hide and wait for real help ...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Imagine an alien version of TV Big Brother or Survivor.

Aliens get teleported into a city and have to survive as long as possible. Detroit !!!

Or the good deeds that the aliens do, gets recorded giving them points for prizes back home.

Well, they might even be able to take a mortal abductee back with them as a toy/partner/target.

This whole planet could be a sick game show for them for all we know.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Ill assume this is a general question;

I would hope i land in some isolated place, like Australian desert. Set up homing beacon and try to see if local Flora/Fauna is edible(if i don;t have any food).

AVOID HUMAN CONTACT!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
+1 to turning everything to ash.

Alien1- "They're making one of these guys their leader?" -points to portraits of Romney and Obama

Alien2- "Nuke them."

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I can see the commercials now, lol. Survivor: Earth, Stranded on a planet, 3 trillion miles from home, surrounded by "Psychotic Apes", lol.

Funny

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yubiaden
+1 to turning everything to ash.

Alien1- "They're making one of these guys their leader?" -points to portraits of Romney and Obama

Alien2- "Nuke them."

Ok, that's two for turning everything to ash, lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
well you know if they have the ability to actually get here from some other galaxy then they probably have the ability to take on any form they want, so they could walk among us completely undetected or even live in our homes with us and observes us such as a pet. They probably have the ability to be invisible and completely undectable to us or possibly they are us.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ok, update:

1 -> No, I would go to another planet
1 -> More BBQ sauce
2 -> Turn everything to ash
4 -> Stay away and study us
1 -> Having engine trouble, but would avoid humans like the plague
4 -> Capture/study us up close

Again, I'm liking the answers so far.

top topics

<<   2 >>