It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you visit planet earth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have thought of this subject quite a lot. Yes I would come into earths atmosphere for samples and surveillance purposes. Despite the fact we are a hideous excuse for a civilized species and life isn't really all that rare throughout the universe life is still rare enough and special enough to warrant further study. Think about it. They live the life of gods. Travel throughout space, time, and god knows what else cataloging every planet that contains life. Masters of the universe. They are only limited by our perception. I believe many of these craft/beings hail from other worlds and or universes. The thing that gets me is how we are still being visited with such frequency in all corners of the globe. It indicates a few things. A. There are an unprecedented amount of advanced civilzations(type III and IIII) permeating the universe as I suspect. B. we have definitely either been discovered or announced our existence the cosmos. Granted our space brethren have been visiting since our species was first created. It's just mind boggling to realize each separate sighting could be a craft from a different civ. do the math.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by d00d557
A. There are an unprecedented amount of advanced civilzations(type III and IIII) permeating the universe as I suspect.
B. we have definitely either been discovered or announced our existence the cosmos. Granted our space brethren have been visiting since our species was first created. It's just mind boggling to realize each separate sighting could be a craft from a different civ. do the math.

I agree with you on both points. And yes, we've been broadcasting our existence since the first radio/tv waves. Mind you their not too far out into the universe yet. Plus you have to think of all the backyard astronomers that may be sending signals into space.
edit on 2-11-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by d00d557
I have thought of this subject quite a lot. Yes I would come into earths atmosphere for samples and surveillance purposes. Despite the fact we are a hideous excuse for a civilized species and life isn't really all that rare throughout the universe life is still rare enough and special enough to warrant further study. Think about it. They live the life of gods. Travel throughout space, time, and god knows what else cataloging every planet that contains life. Masters of the universe. They are only limited by our perception. I believe many of these craft/beings hail from other worlds and or universes. The thing that gets me is how we are still being visited with such frequency in all corners of the globe. It indicates a few things. A. There are an unprecedented amount of advanced civilzations(type III and IIII) permeating the universe as I suspect. B. we have definitely either been discovered or announced our existence the cosmos. Granted our space brethren have been visiting since our species was first created. It's just mind boggling to realize each separate sighting could be a craft from a different civ. do the math.

Well im thinking that our sun is a star and the 3rd planet from that sun is capable of sustaining life, so, if you look into the sky and consider every star you see has its own 3rd planet orbiting around it, then every star in the sky could have a potential civilization circling around it. So just how many stars are there? the number is staggering. so thats a whole lot of living beings out there. Its probably like a super highway of space vehicles zooming around in outer space, we just havent figured out how to join them yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

I'm not sure about backyard "astronomers" but CB and other broadcasting enthusiast maybe.
As far as the threads premise. I guess I'd prolly send out a Galactic signal to all space travelers about us...

Quarantined

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well they wouldn't know what we are like until they visited us first.......question really should be "If aliens visited Earth.....would they come back?"

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Well they wouldn't know what we are like until they visited us first.......question really should be "If aliens visited Earth.....would they come back?"

No.

Ohhhhh, I get it now.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I torn between the BBQ sauce idea and just turning everything to ash, lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I would never never reccomend Earth for anyone but my most mortal enemy. It's a beautiful planet, but the humans don't make it worth it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

After seeing all the horrible things they do to animals and to each other for "FUN"...No thanks! I'd keep my distance and warn others not to let them know there are other habitable planets out there.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've been trying to figure out how to get off the planet.
I can't imagine anyone wanting to actually come here and stay. Unless, it's a planet of masochist.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cultureboxes

Let me know when you find out how to get the hell out of here!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not if I had a choice, no...
I'd rather go to a fireball. lol

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If I were an alien and had come across a life sustaining planet such as Earth, I would not set foot on the planet. I would not so much as enter the atmosphere.

The reason is because it would be too dangerous for myself and all life on the planet. If I had the alien equivalent of a cold and introduced it to Earth's ecosystem, I could inadvertantly kill all life on Earth. Alternatively, I would have no way of knowing how my body would react to common bacterias and viruses found on Earth.

It would just be too ethically irresponsible. Much like how the English, French and Spanish landed in the New World and inadvertantly exposed the local native tribes to diseases they had no immunities to, killing thousands if not millions.

So the only safe option would be to examine the planet from space and then move on.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

nope

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

You're assuming a visitor would be carbon based, mixed gas breathing (heavy on the O2), water drinking organism? If not, why bother with a toxic place like earth, maybe for the silica? Annoying ambulatory water bags? If I can't be here invisible, got to laser pop those bags, make a satisfying sound........, sizzle, scream, pop, splatter.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join