It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry little man [CTPWC]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm very sorry for your loss, I can't even begin to imagine how it feels

Your poem made my heart and soul ache. Star and flag, because that's all I can give you here, but be sure that you and your family are in my thoughts.

**Hugs**

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
AutOmatic, get a life! The style of poetry would be the last thing on my mind. This was not a contest, btw, it was an outpouring of a man/s heart you coldly kicked into the waste paper basket. Hmmm... another one to join the mercenaries me thinks!
edit on 4-11-2012 by Alien44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien44
AutOmatic, get a life! The style of poetry would be the last thing on my mind. This was not a contest, btw, it was an outpouring of a man/s heart you coldly kicked into the waste paper basket. Hmmm... another one to join the mercenaries me thinks!

Actually it IS a contest, a competition. I harbor no ill will towards the OP, in point of fact the OP and I share very similar outpourings of the heart in both of our works, we both lost a child. Every entry in the competition is an outpouring of the author's heart. What I do find sad is that when anyone voices a critical opinion they are attacked, belittled, called names, and demonized, people here on ATS used to not be like that. Had the OP just wrote this and not posted it in a competition thread, then the situation would be different.
edit on 4-11-2012 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

SHORT STORIES: Competition? I'm not aware that the thread title implies this, if it does or you think it does, then apologies. I know that in a lot of threads people have become much more aggressive than they were. But that isn't what drove me to post here; it was the downright brutality of the first response. He couldn't give a flying f...k about his style or your opinion when he posted; he was thinking of his lost little boy! I think you would make a very bad diplomat and that, if this is a competition you would lose because of the format of your answer. Surely a more objective thread would have been to praise the content and then, if you really had to, critique the style. If I wanted to, I too could dismantle many a posting for its grammar. That isn't the thing though, is it; it's content that matters. Not all of us have privileged backgrounds but our opinions are nevertheless valid and worth an audience. I would agree with you if this were some kind of online degree course.... ok?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Actually it IS a contest, a competition. I harbor no ill will towards the OP, in point of fact the OP and I share very similar outpourings of the heart in both of our works, we both lost a child. Every entry in the competition is an outpouring of the author's heart. What I do find sad is that when anyone voices a critical opinion they are attacked, belittled, called names, and demonized, people here on ATS used to not be like that. Had the OP just wrote this and not posted it in a competition thread, then the situation would be different.

Ok bro, I've bit my tongue on most of your tantrum style replies but now I feel I must point out the obvious. I believe given our similar topics, your angry about the lopsided responses. I'm sorry for your loss, but I dont think lashing out at me will make you feel any better. /rant over. Thanks everyone!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien44

SHORT STORIES: Competition? I'm not aware that the thread title implies this, if it does or you think it does, then apologies.

The title is "I'm sorry little man [CTPWC]"...the [CTPWC] part is put there to designate that the post is a part of the writing competition here:

Cold Tracks Poetry Writing Contest

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Ok bro, I've bit my tongue on most of your tantrum style replies but now I feel I must point out the obvious. I believe given our similar topics, your angry about the lopsided responses. I'm sorry for your loss, but I dont think lashing out at me will make you feel any better. /rant over. Thanks everyone!

Ok "bro", I have been quite cool with you as well. I don't have any idea why you would think that I have "tantrum style" responses, that seems quite a juvenile retort. Am I not allowed to voice my opinion, or defend myself when people attack me, belittle me, call me names, all because I critiqued your poem? I don't believe that this falls under the category of "lashing out" at anyone. I'm actually a pretty chill person if you knew me, I'm not angry at all about what you call "lopsided" responses in fact I am a very openminded individual, and have been quite gracious to the point of even flagging and starring your post
Well, best of luck man!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Thanks again to everyone who replied!
Well, almost everyone.

edit on 7-11-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am truly sorry for your loss. Doctors thought I lost a twin when I was about two months pregnant and it still bothers me till this day. I can't imagine at eight months losing a baby. Loved the poem to your son.

GideonFaith
SNF

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join