It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry little man [CTPWC]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Sorry man wasn't. trying to be harsh at all,
sometimes I can be a bit too straightforward when voicing my opinions. Cheers! And good luck!
edit on 2-11-2012 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Those words destroyed me.

I can only say that my heart is with you and your wife and daughter this hour.

S&F and a little prayer as well.

Awesome words

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Wow..just wow.
I thought your other one was my favorite until I read this one.
I literally teared up when I read this, and I also really like the part you added on your other thread on his 6yr anniversary.
This is touching, beautiful, amazing, creative and meaningful.
This takes the cake and gets my vote.
You are an all around talented great writer.
S&F a hundred times over!

P.S. Seriousy, How do we vote for these? I want to vote for this one! If it even works that way.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Hey thanks! Glad you like them. You vote by flagging your favorites.
Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'd tell you how what you wrote is truly a work of art. I'd tell you how moved I am to my core. I'd tell you that I'm so deeply sorry. I'd tell you if I could see through my tears...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Simply marvelous

As i applause those written words

God has other plans

To make you a angel & protect those that serve

In a Army in Iran, not the Taliban nor japan

but america.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
snf.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
That was hauntingly beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss, but well done on the poem.

You deserve the win.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Amazing. As a parent of twins, in the deepest part of my heart and soul I am so thankful right now. So sorry for the selfish thoughts I have
. My tears are for a family, who faced such a tragic time. Beautifully written .

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Powerful.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Only managed the 1st and last stanza, that was enough to well up. Beautiful.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Firstly, a really touching poem crafted with emotion. Very nice to see a man who can openly share his feelings.

Secondly, could AutOmatic switch to manual and take a few more minutes to compose a more civil and humane response. I was frankly shocked.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

This one make me a little teary.. From the loss I have had in my life.. There is no loss greater than the loss of a child. And this poem touched me, and I really did feel this. Words can express only so much, Yet you did an excellent job with your words in expressing something that is soo hard to put into words..
Star and Flag from me, I really see this rising to the top.. As it not only honors the little man, but also lets you know, how closely perfect strangers can connect with others on an emotional level.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing this personal experience with us here.
Honor and respect, love and light!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wow. Incredibly touching. I'm so very sorry for your loss, life is cruel and unfair at times.

S+... er.- promise to flag when I have the ability.

Fellow Tough Mudder.. HOO RAH.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this..It brought tears to my eyes peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien44
Firstly, a really touching poem crafted with emotion. Very nice to see a man who can openly share his feelings.

Secondly, could AutOmatic switch to manual and take a few more minutes to compose a more civil and humane response. I was frankly shocked.

Well I did actually apologize to the OP, wasn't trying to be harsh as he said it, although I don't think that me calling it like I saw it was out of line. I mean, if I read a poem and it sounds really cheesy and not very well written I'm going to express my opinion...sorry if that offended anyone's sensitivities, but that was my opinion of the OP's poem. Although the story was quite sad and I sympathize with the OP's plight and circumstance, this IS a poetry contest, not a popularity contest. So if I think that the writing itself wasn't good, that's my right to say so I believe, or are we censoring our opinions of other people's writings here? Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, but that's the way the poem made me feel. Great concept and story execution not so much imho.
edit on 2-11-2012 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Giving this thread a well deserved bump

*Bump*

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Giving this thread a well deserved bump

*Bump*

Thanks Slayer...I wish I could give it another much deserved flag....

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Well, your opinion is noted and somewhat understandable in light of the emotional detachment you are putting on the OP's entry in analysing its composition

Now, I'm about as "blokey" as they come - its all about beer, bbqs and cars so reading poems is always the last thing on my mind.

Yesterday, that all changed.

When I read this poem here it dropped me.

So if poetry is food for the soul then I got a full top-up yesterday. I care not for the "lecture hall" specifics - I had an overwhelming personal reaction to what I read and it will remain with me forever.

To me - that is poetry.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Wow Sublimecraft, I'm somewhat speechless.. Thanks for that wonderful reply. I never thought my little poem would touch so many people. Thank you everyone for your kind words!
edit on 3-11-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join