It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hello! I've been watching over these forums for approximately a year now- never really having much to say, but learning a lot! This site has an amazing amount of archived information and I thought I'd finally join in!

I'll do my best to abide by the rules.. do searches before I post.. yada yada

Until I hit 20 posts I can't make topics.. maybe someone should make one about this new article?

Astronomers have spotted light from the very first stars in the universe, which are almost as old as time itself.

Shortly after the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago, the universe cooled enough to let atoms form, which eventually clumped together to create the first stars. Ever since these stars ignited, their light has been filling the universe, creating a pervasive glow throughout space that each successive generation of stars adds to.

www.cbsnews.com...

Please let me know when I make my noobie mistakes. I'm excited to meet you all, even though there are a few on here I feel I know a bit already.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yubiaden

Welcome to the big kids table...enjoy the mental buffet...leave your favorite dish for us....

Des

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, yubiaden!
Cool link, I will check it out! I love stars

Glad you finally joined, hope to see you around the forums!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new too. Cool article! Someone really should make a thread on it. I can't post threads yet either.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcomes! Hm, it looks like someone by the name of Cosmic911 has taken my normal signature.. what should I put instead?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.
Have fun.
See you around.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Welcome to the family. That sickening 'help the ground is dropping out from under me' feeling goes away, maybe

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Welcome to our world. Enjoy the helter-skelter.

Do you paint?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

Only after a bottle of Absinthe, and a few Ibuprofen.

Do you basketball?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Only when my little man is tired of a kickabout.

Sorry but your name sounded familiar.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

Its just my secretly secret online name that I go by (Aden Yubi [yoo-bee]), in surname-first form. Spliced together it kind of sounds like a Mortal Kombat character, depending on how you pronounce it. I use it where it seems fitting.

(yoo-buy-uh-dan)
(yoo-bay-dan)

I prefer the latter, I guess.

I only asked because Martin wears those silly shoes. Nice to meet you by the way.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the welcome Johnny, even if that was a canned speech.. I felt the love through the copy/paste.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

Glad you FINALLY joined.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Glad you finally decided to sign up! Welcome!

new topics

top topics

join