It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny Religious Pics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Taliban Singles Online.

Atheism

Any Questions

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
One of my favorite. Picked one from a religion you didn't include it OP yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Forgive me but who is the guy in the top left in the atheism poster?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Taliban isn't a religion, and Albert Einstein wasn't an Atheist. Fail on so many levels.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Hemmingway

ETA: Funny thing is half of the pictured people were not atheists but were in fact theists.
edit on 1-11-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Ok, I dont know know about their religions but I know who the others are

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Taliban isn't a religion, and Albert Einstein wasn't an Atheist. Fail on so many levels.

There always one who wants to p#ss on events.

Well einstein never believed in religion, and the taliban joke is religion based...

IT'S CALLED HAVING A LAUGH...TRY IT.
edit on 1-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Religion and belief in a Deity are two completely different things. I think the poster you quoted was just pointing out the inaccuracies of the pictures.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
(Sagan was definitely no Atheist)

Pic:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Lulz! Awesome Idea - I like the Catholic one

edit on 1-11-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Circular Logic...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

Well einstein never believed in religion, and the taliban joke is religion based...

Einstein. You gotta be kidding me. I think frankly that he was more brilliant spiritually than he was at understanding the reality that god created. He is spot on when it comes to getting and seeking god. It is like listening to Buddha or Jesus.

You can say he saw throught human dogma of orginased religion and could seek himself but so can anyone.

But I do think talibans are blind fools who are hurting themselves with the ego and human dogma.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." ~Albert Einstein

"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." ~Albert Einstein

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." ~Albert Einstein

"The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion. Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning." ~Albert Einstein

www.mega.nu...
edit on 1-11-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Think about it, you'll get it...

For those not aware, the guy on the right is the Sith lord, Emperor Palpatine.

edit on 11/1/2012 by Klassified because: oops

edit on 11/1/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

IT'S CALLED HAVING A LAUGH...TRY IT.
edit on 1-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

That's my fault for not finding corny pictures funny.

What is believing in Religion? You can follow Religion and believe in the teachings. Name the religion the Taliban joke was based on.

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by FidelityMusic

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." ~Albert Einstein

"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." ~Albert Einstein

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." ~Albert Einstein

"The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion. Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning." ~Albert Einstein

www.mega.nu...
edit on 1-11-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

Nothing you quoted shows that he was an Atheist, but that he criticized Religion and the belief in Spirituality, and clearly shows he's talking about his feelings toward the Christian faith. Your own quote sets the dispute straight:

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."

An explanation from Einstein:

I'm not an atheist. I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza's pantheism, but admire even more his contribution to modern thought because he is the first philosopher to deal with the soul and body as one, and not two separate things.

"I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."

That about clears everything up here, have a good day.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If every Mass looked like this one, maybe he wouldn't have that problem.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join