It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny Religious Pics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And this one is a personal fav

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I really like this one!
rt.com...

One of the holiest sites in the Christian world, believed to be the place of Jesus Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection, is now under threat of being closed over unpaid water bills.

For decades there has been a tacit agreement between the church and city authorities that exempted it from water charges. But in the late 1990s private company Hagihon took over water supply in Jerusalem and now insists that Israeli laws do not permit the company to make such exemptions.

The church says it is willing to pay for future utilities but finds it difficult to pay for the accumulated debt. It has asked Hagihon to write off the debt as it was the result of a past misunderstanding.

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is said to be built upon the Hill of Calvary and the site where Christ was buried and has been the top pilgrimage destination for Christians since the 4th century. More than 1 million pilgrims arrive to the site annually.

And it gets better!
Holy Sepulchre bank account blocked for water bill
news.yahoo.com...

I think you guys should ask your churches to help raise the 9 million shekels owed! Oh, I almost forgot since the church is in the Palestinian territories it is illegal to give any aid!

Could Christainaity be under attack in today's Israel? No freaking way! They just need to pay up or shut down simple as that!

Canada will give Israeli Christains refugee status at this time. (It just goes to show that Canada is full of anti-Semite hate mongers!)
www.unhcr.org...

edit on 3-11-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Let's take a closer look at this Atheism picture.

Below I've listed every man on this picture and posted quotations from wikipedia articles on their religious faith (or lack thereof). Obviously this is information which anyone can find in just a few moments. I've posted quotes from the articles for ease, but obviously the citations can be found in the articles themselves.

So let's see if the picture is intellectually honest or whether it is indeed an epic fail.

Einstein: "He said he believed in the god of Baruch Spinoza, but not in a personal god, a belief he criticized. He also reportedly called himself an agnostic, and criticized atheism, preferring he said 'an attitude of humility.'"

Franklin: "He clarified himself as a deist in his 1771 autobiography, although he still considered himself a Christian. He retained a strong faith in a God as the wellspring of morality and goodness in man, and as a Providential actor in history responsible for American independence."

Jefferson: "Jefferson was most closely connected with unitarianism and the religious philosophy of Christian deism."

Sagan: "In reply to a question in 1996 about his religious beliefs, Sagan answered, "I'm agnostic".[49] Sagan's views on religion have been interpreted as a form of pantheism comparable to Einstein's belief in Spinoza's God."
Sagan once said, "An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence.

Lincoln: "He frequently referenced God and quoted the Bible; he accompanied his wife and children to Protestant services, and after the deaths of two children became more intensely concerned with God's plan for mankind.[1] He was private about his beliefs and respected the beliefs of others. Lincoln never made a clear profession of standard Christian beliefs; he did believe in an all-powerful God that shaped events and, by 1865, was expressing those beliefs in major speeches."

Darwin: "Though reticent about his religious views, in 1879 he responded that he had never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a god, and that generally 'an Agnostic would be the more correct description of my state of mind.'"

Twain: "In the essay Three Statements of the Eighties in the 1880s, Twain stated that he believed in an almighty God, but not in any messages, revelations, holy scriptures such as the Bible, Providence, or retribution in the afterlife. He did state that "the goodness, the justice, and the mercy of God are manifested in His works," but also that "the universe is governed by strict and immutable laws," which determine "small matters," such as who dies in a pestilence.[92] At other times he wrote or spoke in ways that contradicted a strict deist view, for example, plainly professing a belief in Providence....Those who knew Twain well late in life recount that he dwelt on the subject of the afterlife, his daughter Clara saying: 'Sometimes he believed death ended everything, but most of the time he felt sure of a life beyond.'"

Hemingway: This was the only one on which I couldn't find an explicit quotation. He converted to Catholicism though he didn't show any signs of being devout (he converted for marriage). As far as I can see, he had some quotes about atheism in his books, but he also used many Christian themes. The jury seems to still be out but I'll even give you this one for lack of being able to find anything which directly proves the picture wrong.

There are 8 men on this picture. At least 7 of them were clearly not atheists.

And yet theists are said to be the only ones who don't think logically and rigorously...
edit on 3-11-2012 by AntoniusBlock because: Grammar

edit on 3-11-2012 by AntoniusBlock because: More grammar.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

the taliban was started by the ISI and CIA... How many religious organizations do you know of that have been started by intelligence services?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Not exactly religious, but since the thread is borderline inciting riots...

and for the atheists out there...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

True, but then I'm not Jesus...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Everyone needs a handy guide to choosing the proper religion;

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This first cartoon i know how the Chap at side of Moses felt. I was fishing in the Red sea one day, and this tall chap with a long white flowing beard, a Big staff, and dressed in a bed sheet parted the red sea. I never caught a thing after that.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Ferryman because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by Ferryman because: Mistake

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The book is on Amazon.com;

Reminds me of:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join