It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POST SANDY: "People are turning on each other -- they're attacking each other"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelancer99
sorry first one didnt work here we go.. sandrarose.com...

From the article you linked to.

'Moore’s story raises troubling questions. Why didn’t she swim after the boys? The water where the bodies were found was only waist deep. Where was she going in the storm? Why didn’t she heed warnings to stay inside? Where was her husband in the 12 hours that she sat crying on the stoop of a house?'

There's more to this than 'She asked on a random house for help, was turned away and her kids drowned' so your calls for his execution might be a bit premature.

edit on 3-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
seems like the medias distorting story changes a bit anything weird or just me..? i also heard the man who refused was charged...hmm

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's clear disasters are bad politics for everyone...

I'll make another prediction that will parallel the past.

Wait until we learn the extent to which Obama and his operatives have manipulated this news story in collusion with the state and local guys, who despite party affiliation, share in the interest of hiding the truth.

Has everyone forgotten Deepwater under this President?

Eventually, the blame game will occur...local, state and feds, each blaming one or the other....

edit on 3-11-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

the mother could of done more i agree. but men are better eqipped to handle shtf scenerios i would of helped in a heartbeat .seeing as i am a dad myself

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i have to take off now my son awake now i will contribute more later tonight...anyone find any uploads other than new scources heard also people were being bused to unknown locations in ny and nj should also look into this.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Destinyone

I noticed he was having a special, guess I will watch it too, don't like him much though.

No...he's not on my invite to a BBQ list either.....but, he can be like a pit bull gnawing on a a bone with a story he's investigating. Hope what we see is honest, investigative reporting tonight.

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

It's clear disasters are bad politics for everyone...

I'll make another prediction that will parallel the past.

Wait until we learn the extent to which Obama and his operatives have manipulated this news story in collusion with the state and local guys, who despite party affiliation, share in the interest of hiding the truth.

Has everyone forgotten Deepwater under this President?

Eventually, the blame game will occur...local, state and feds, each blaming one or the other....

The Government does not have the ability to handle a disaster of this magnitude. Even when Obama flys there for one day and says we will fix it all...he can't. People are already feeling the Government let them down when the reality is that they should have prepared for this even a week out. Another part is get the hell out of there for a few weeks...hell, go on vacation and visit some relatives in another state.

As the saying goes you can't fix stupid...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Gov. Cuomo said that National Guard troops would be distributing "free gas" today. Turns out the gas was commandeered by the cops and they are only giving it to cops, fire/rescue, and other government employees ... not us mere civilians. The National Guard troops are furious as the gas was supposed to be for everyone on a first come, first serve basis limited to 10 gallons per vehicle.

Once again Prince Andrew Cuomo lied, his sole qualification appears to be that he is Mario's son .... don't blame me I voted for Paladino
edit on 3-11-2012 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

So you guys stood in line and then got told this? I'm sorry.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just saw this:

Bloomberg says no to National Guard request because they carry guns

Mayor Bloomberg has snubbed Borough President Markowitz’s impassioned plea to bring the National Guard to Hurricane Sandy-scarred Brooklyn — arguing that approving the Beep’s request would be a waste of federal manpower and turn the borough into a police state.

“We don’t need it,” Mayor Bloomberg said on Wednesday during a press update on the city’s ongoing Hurricane Sandy cleanup. “The NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns.”

Markowitz demanded the National Guard’s help just an hour before Bloomberg’s press conference, claiming that the NYPD and FDNY are “brave — but overwhelmed” by all the challenges Sandy brought when it visited the borough on Monday night: flooding, power outages, and looting.

Markowitz states:

“All of our resources have been stretched to the limit,” Markowitz said. “In the name of public safety we need to send more National Guard personnel into Coney Island, Manhattan Beach, Gerritsen Beach, Red Hook, and any other locations.”

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
dailycaller.com...

Union electrical workers calling Alabama electrical workers scabs and scumbags and accusing them of being robbers, stealing their jobs, and "taking it from our families".

WOW!

Gov. Christie has threatened to envoke a disaster control act order to ensure the nonunion workers can assist in bringing the power back on in NJ.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

How can you even say this? We've got a thread right here at ATS where skads of people were accusing the media and government leaders of "over hyping" the storm. What the hell else do you propose they should have done than to be as blunt as "get out"? There are three sets of victims of this storm: 1. the goobers who chose not to get out, 2. those who couldn't get out (and there are some who couldn't...the elderly, the impoverished, the homeless), and 3. those who did and still lost everything. 2/3rds of those victims are blameless for what happened to them. And the other 1/3rd still deserve our compassion because they lost the same as anybody else...they just also chose, willingly chose, to put themselves in danger. But don't blame loss of life in that 1/3rd on the government. I think it was pretty clear that choosing to stay was not the right choice.

How can you 'overhype' a threat to human life?

The 'skads' of people had to have been wrong, right? Hurricane Sandy was a direct threat to human life.

This isn't a situation where the authorities were right because they told people to get out, and many people chose not to. Take a look at the latest postings/reports from people in those affected areas or close by - I mean across all forums and sites not just ATS. You will find the majority of people who stayed were the elderly and the infirm, and those taking care of them, and people without the means to leave - either having no where else to go or simply without transport or money. Not everyone that stayed were these folk, but just the majority from the looks of it. Exactly as was the situation with Katrina.

And that, frankly is just as you could expect. You have mostly the poorest areas of the city worst affected because it is there the services are the least upgraded over the past few years, or simply insufficient. You have in those areas people without the means to live somewhere better - and safer. You have the least educated in those areas and that does not mean they are stupid, simply they are the ones with the least means to protect themselves from the worst of a catastrophe like Sandy.

BTW talking about them as 'goobers' does nothing to strengthen your argument, it says a bit more about you though.

As for the role the local and federal government play, well it is all about how the system itself is working now, or not working, more to the point. The authorities had years to put into operation the recommendation of that report I mentioned, that laid out a scenerio just like Sandy hitting NYC. What have they done since then. Well, they have continued privatising public services, like the transport system, electricity, gas, water, and so on. They have continued to allow Wall Street to run its ponzi shemes we are all paying for now. To the point where the economy is smashed, austerity measures have been progressively implemented so that you, me and every other jane and joe pay for the speculative losses of the elites. The government response to the economic downturn has been tax us more, roll back social welfare programs in place for decades, and leave the necessary public services in private hands. And what did the private hands who now sell us our transportation, electricity, gas, and water do? Naturally since they are corporations who are there to make profit and not serve human need cut back on costs - they failed to implement upgrades, they dismissed large numbers of their workers, they even increased raised the price of their services.

So nothing much of the recommendations from that report back in 1997 was implemented. Practically zippo in fact by all accounts.

That my friend is why the government and the entire system is to blame. Hurricanes happen, and we know they are going to get worse. So why because the economy is bad is the safety and security of the population become an expense our taxes no longer can afford? Huh? Ask yourself that question as you watch martial law being implemented, while the lights stay on in Manhattan while those other areas, like New Jersey remain in darkness.

Edit
I've been talking about a 1997 practice run for a hurricane hitting NYC.
But there has been plenty of warning of a hurricane sandy hitting over the years.

On Wednesday last week the New York Times reported scientists have been warning New York city and state officials of the likelihood of a weather disaster involving widespread flooding and damage to the electrical and transit systems for years. Also, I was thinking back to this one, in 2007 a Blue Ribbon Commission was appointed by New York’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority that warned of exactly the kind of flooding of subways tunnels we have seen these past days. That report recommended “strategic storm barriers for the NYC harbor and estuary". It sure would have helped if it had been done. That report came out 5 years ago.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Wait until we learn the extent to which Obama and his operatives have manipulated this news story in collusion with the state and local guys, who despite party affiliation, share in the interest of hiding the truth. Has everyone forgotten Deepwater under this President? Eventually, the blame game will occur...local, state and feds, each blaming one or the other....

One of those colluding parties has been the Republicans. So you get no real choice at the polls at all. Its more of the same but with a Democrat or Republican flavor courtesy in both cases of big biz/money.

Barack Obama if anything has been more George Bush Jr than George was himself, more war, more social welfare slashing, more money for Wall Street. Only real difference is we don't get as many laughs (of the WTF kind) out of Barack when he speaks in public as we used to get when George was president .

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Hey GOOBER...I wasn't the one saying it was over-hyped. I was the one saying to the people claiming it was that they were going to feel bad the day after it landed and people were suffering. Talk about not reading and comprehending, you win the award.

P.S. You typical "the government owes me something" you live on the beach you live next to the ocean. The government has no requirement to build a frigging barrier for you.

For Christ's sake you people are warped.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

So, I'm watching this now....and I am immediately reminded why he gets on my nerves and yet still manages to report on some important information.

Did you happen to get what FEMA does? The send in a 'community relations representative'... That's all.

And they have you believe they're doing a wonderful job.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I have refused to watch Geraldo since he gave away our troop location....then when I heard he was backing the baby-killer that made me sure that in addition to not watching or listening to him, I'd have a drink at his passing...and not for him.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yep, we did get to see that story on our TV. Also I think they briefly got an interview from the man himself, who pretty much shrugged it off saying she should not have been out in the storm in the first place.

It would be a mistake though to start picking individual acts of inhumanity from desperate people in desparate situations like being in the middle of the storm.

We ought to be looking at the people who we place in positions of trust who are supposed to ensure adequate measures are in place to protect all of the public, yes even the most inhuman and stupid of us, from the worst of the impact from these kinds of natural, and I need not add but will, totally warned-about-by-the-experts-years-ago-disasters. We ought to be looking at the kind of political, social, economic system we have in place that allows more people to die in what is supposedly the most advanced industrialized nation (i.e America) in the world than died from Hurricane Sandy in some of the poorest nations (i.e. in the Caribbean).

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

In the last several years I have not watched much television, but since this storm, that's changed a bit.

I'll be returning to my normal habits, I'm quite sure, after Tuesday.

I can feel the loss of IQ points.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

That's right. No one should ever have to take responsibility for their own decisions or actions. We should just blame it all on "them" (you know, the "them" you point at that you claim are in power and cause natural disasters to swallow poor innocent folks up).

Keep talking. The hole gets deeper.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

You seem to be doing just fine with that there spade.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join