It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POST SANDY: "People are turning on each other -- they're attacking each other"

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Obviously a political piece, but worth watching anyway:

And then there was this:

Hurricane-relief Guardsmen tossed out of armory - for Victoria's Secret show

The Victoria’s Secret show must go on — even if it means kicking out hardworking men and women in uniform.

Dozens of National Guardsmen, and Army and Air Force personnel who have been sleeping at Manhattan’s Lexington Armory in between hurricane-relief shifts are being booted — to make room for Victoria’s Secret models in anticipation of Wednesday’s runway show.

About 300 uniformed personnel have been bunking down at the armory at various times since Sandy hit.

But their numbers will be reduced to 60 by Wednesday for the event, which is featuring Rihanna and Justin Bieber.

Some real nutcases running the show...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

The screenshot of the stack of bottled water says it all. I watched the short video clip and am rendered numb by the lies that pour forth from his mouth. Even more numbing are the people in the background nodding along with him. It is a classic example of the psychological term - groupthink.

The people who are begging for help - my heart goes out to them and I can only hope that assistance has arrived by the time I have sent this post. I cannot imagine what has happened to those who were already homeless when Sandy hit and the pets and stray animals who were also already vulnerable.

Hopefully humanity will prevail as many many many more people awaken to what is really happening and the liars are exposed. I want all the marathon supplies to be trucked into an area of need - surely someone with a truck can move the supplies??? Such a simple task but no doubt government red tape will prevent common sense and decency from moving the supplies from where it is no longer needed to somewhere it is desperately needed.

Much Peace...
edit on 5-11-2012 by Amanda5 because: Spelling & grammar

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Some real nutcases running the show...

- also sociopaths is another word that springs to mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Most of the school districts in New Jersey remain closed.

Around 300 of New Jersey’s 589 school districts were to remain closed on Monday, said Barbara Morgan, a spokeswoman for the state Education Department. In a message Friday, John Bulina, president of the New Jersey School Boards Association, said it was possible some schools would “be unusable as educational facilities for quite some time.”

Homeless shelters have been set up in school buildings and students are unlikely to begin classes anytime soon.

One teacher visiting Graphic Communications Arts, on West 49th Street, said it would be impossible for the site to be cleaned up in time. Evacuees and homeless men filled six floors, the teacher said and, unlike students, entered the building without being searched. “It had become a homeless shelter,” the teacher said. “The custodial staff would need an entire week.”

SOURCE

New York City is going to be on par with New Orleans, not in terms of loss of human life, but in terms of cost and permanent damage done to the existing community.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join