It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever witnessed a medical miracle?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I've seen plenty miracles.

But you have to believe & have faith before they can actually happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I would.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

You could be healed if you had the faith,

Miracles occur frequently, but a healing miracle like you described would only work with faith on both ends, and of course, even with faith on both ends, it depends on Gods will for the situation.

Sometimes there are reasons for God not performing miracles or instantly answering prayers,

We must remember,

We see things from "inside the box", from our small, limited, singular human perspective,

God sees things from outside and inside, he sees from beginning to end, he knows the outcome before the beginning of the situation, He is the Sovereign who is Omnipotent and Omnipresent and Omniscient, not us.

Your friend with Love in Christ

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
This is the first and only time i've gone into any depth about Jesus on the internet.....just gone onto Youtube and all the adverts now point me towards Christian dating sites.

Christian dating sites are automatically evil and opposes teachings of Jesus.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
ahh yah duh, im alive, BEST MIRACLE EVER!!! ^^

8o)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My wife was in a ton of pain earlier this spring for days. We finally went to the doctor and had some tests run, her doc said her symptons fit a bad gallbladder and her kidneys were bleeding from kidney stones, her doctor was ready to send her for an emergency gall bladder surgery, that was on a friday and on sunday me and our preacher and a deacon laid hands on her and prayed for 10 minutes. The next day (monday) we landed in the ER, her pain had doubled to the point if i barely touched her she would scream in agony so we went to the hospital and spent 10 hours in the waiting room ER. They didn't give her any pain shots the entire time but they ran a battery of tests on her and couldn't find anything. They ran an x-ray and and MRI and found absolutely nothing wrong, her kidney stones were gone, there was no more blood in her urine. A couple days later her pain disappeared completely.

My grandmother's gallbladder went out on her back in 2000, she nearly died. She had the same symptoms my wife did. It's been like 7 or 8 months since we went to the ER, it hasn't happened since.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't recall anything dramatic like raising the (half-)dead, but I was fortunate enough to participate in what I would consider miracles.

A long time ago, I met some guy on an Internet dating site and then at some point took a trip to meet him in person. Long story short, veni, vidi, vici, there was lots of sex involved; he refused to wear protection and then ended up giving me genital herpes (he had conveniently forgotten to tell me about it). For over a week, I was in bed at his house, with - as the doctor said -- the worst outbreak he'd ever seen in his medical practice. It was so bad that I prayed for God to let me die. Aside from giving me herpes, my "lover" also turned out to be a self-righteous, self-absorbed jerk.

As soon as I was well enough, I left his house and never wanted anything to do with him again. I hated his guts, and in the following months kept having more or less severe outbreaks. One night I was lying in bed, and all of a sudden it hit me that if I could manage to completely forgive him, I'd be healed. I don't know how I knew that; but somehow I knew. So I tried to scrape my last bit of good will together and prayed to God. I asked Him that if I didn't manage to forgive this guy completely, He should forgive him for me. The next morning my outbreak was gone, and I haven't had one for about 15 years now. I consider myself healed.

Also, I'm a Reiki master and have healed a lot of minor aches and pains -- from my son's tummy aches, to friends' knee and back pains, etc. One time I was invited to a "costume wedding"; everyone was coming dressed up as something. I didn't really want to go but had this inexplicable urge that I just had to. At the wedding, there were two "pregnant nuns" dressed almost identically; one was a 20-something girl with a pillow under her robe, the other an 8-month-pregnant woman.

One of the girl's male friends thought he was being funny, coming at her from behind and punching her hard in the stomach/pillow -- unfortunately, he got the other, really pregnant, one. The woman collapsed and was writhing on the ground in severe pain, and suddenly I knew why I was there. We got her into a room at the resort the wedding was at, and I started giving her Reiki (together with the guy who'd punched her and who was white as a sheet). I mentally talked to the little one in her belly and reassured it that Mommy was there and everything was OK, and tried to calm it down -- and after about half an hour, the woman was fine again. No more pain, no more discomfort. I believe they'd also called an ambulance, but the nearest hospital was one town over and it took them a long time to get there. I don't know what happened further to the woman, but I believe I was there for the sole purpose of saving the baby.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've had my knees healed(had a lasting injury from a wreck, been 7 months with no further issue) by prayer. I've had friends who have had some pretty insane healings happen to and through them, and one of my friends prayed over a dead woman who was sitting in her car, 6 months pregnant. Holy Spirit revived her, and she drove home and the baby was fine.

I've had one ministry friend who laid hands on a corpse in a funeral many years ago, and it woke up and asked for food. Bear in mind that this is after embalming, and the organs were somehow re inserted in the body without any surgery. Blood and all other fluids, too.

These sorts of things happen more often than you think. You just don't see them on the news.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

If those are the only cases you focus on, then you're just going to keep being disappointed.

I compare your viewpoint to two aliens visiting earth, and saying to themselves: Man, these humans are total evil, all bad. Look at the war, violence, plague, and misery they've caused. We're going to destroy them because they're only evil.
But they ignored the good that humans do, the good that is often overlooked.

Not everyone who asks for healing will receive it, for reasons sometimes not known to us. God has his timing, and he's in control.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25
reply to post by CX

Miracles occur frequently, but a healing miracle like you described would only work with faith on both ends, and of course, even with faith on both ends, it depends on Gods will for the situation.

Sometimes there are reasons for God not performing miracles or instantly answering prayers,

We must remember,

We see things from "inside the box", from our small, limited, singular human perspective,

God sees things from outside and inside, he sees from beginning to end, he knows the outcome before the beginning of the situation, He is the Sovereign who is Omnipotent and Omnipresent and Omniscient, not us.

Your friend with Love in Christ

Lazareth was stone cold dead three days had no faith was raised from the dead. Christ prayed three times for the cup to pass and it did not, He did the Fathers will.

From the Gospel accounts it appears that the faith of those around the one praying has an effect on those prayers. Jesus could not do much in the ways of miracles in his home town because of their unbelief.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Have you ever witnessed a medical miracle

Yes. For myself once. It was a 'small' thing compared to cancer cures and all .. but it was instant and happened as I was pretty much begging for help from the divine. Unfortunately, the big miracle cure for my sjogrens hasn't come. I don't understand it .... ask and you shall receive etc etc ... why did I get the smaller one and not the big one? WHo knows .. but yes ... I have witnessed a medical miracle for myself once.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Sorry but .. I reject this. A lot of good christians with a lot of faith are in deep pain and illness. They ask .. IN TOTAL FAITH .. for healing and don't get it. What you are saying is that they don't have the faith. That plunges the Christian into all sorts of guilt and negative feelings about themselves that aren't true. .

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I didn't say he Would be, I said he Could be....

There's a difference between would and could,

Plus, if you would not do what non-Christians are so notorious for (taking quotes out of context) you would see that even with large amounts of faith on both ends, it's still ultimately up to God.

Suffering is necessary in this life,

The Promise of eternal life without suffering is what makes the sufferings we go through now worthwhile

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

I didn't say he Would be, I said he Could be....

There's a difference between would and could,

Plus, if you would not do what non-Christians are so notorious for (taking quotes out of context) you would see that even with large amounts of faith on both ends, it's still ultimately up to God.

The Promise of eternal life without suffering is what makes the sufferings we go through now worthwhile

Yes, but the general public's conception of healings is that it is somehow the 'faith' that does the healing, which is only true for psychosomatic healing.

We don't have any power or capability to heal when compared with the TOTAL power to heal that God has. It really does not depend on anything that we do.

Even the best surgeons and doctors do not heal. They control symptoms and biological systems, excise malignancies and provide an optimal environment for healing but not one of them rebuilds a single cell wall or assembles an RNA segment from off a DNA strand.

God is always the ultimate healer.

And He has instructed Christians to "lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover" (note: you don't even need to pray!).

We just need to do what were told and get over ourselves.

edit on 5/11/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

I'd like to hear more about your specific thoughts on these two issues:
Suffering (IMO, it IS life, not just "necessary", but that's one of my interests in talking more to you)
and
Promise of eternal life that makes it worthwhile (IMO, it is because every lifetime we complete gets us closer to reunion with the Divine)

I believe that we live a succession of lifetimes in order to learn ALL the lessons. Not just a rich man's life, but a dying child's life, not simply a middle-class life, but a servant's life......and so on and so forth.

I believe that until we have "run the gauntlet", we are not ready to graduate to reunion with the Divine. We can circumvent the most horrific of circumstances if we continue to grow through each lifetime, but if we slip backward, well, the next go-round won't be as easy.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Many experiments have been done on the effects of prayer on the ill. The results, of course, were inconclusive, as sometimes people got better, sometimes they didn't. The same results occur in instances of no prayer.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
reply to post by CX

I've seen plenty miracles.

But you have to believe & have faith before they can actually happen.

only one of the medical mircles I've seen, or would have seen required faith.. all the others did not.

including mine

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I was simply commenting on the fact that after authoring this thread the OP has been inundated with advertisements for Christainmingle.com. I was implying that the search engine had pegged him as a Christian for using the word Jesus and sad and lonely because the word had been used on a conspiracy website. It was a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join