It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever witnessed a medical miracle?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I ask this question out of curiosity more than anything, i'm not a religious man for many reasons, but whilst it is so hard to resist sometimes, i try not to knock others for thier faith....

Yesterday i was in my local city shopping and i went to get a hotdog. Theres a guy there with a hotdog stall, an obvious serious Christian, he has his Christian music blaring out full blast and he often preaches whilst he sells hotdogs. I call him "Hotdog Jesus".

Anyway i went up to him and he saw i was on crutches (fractured my ankle a few weeks ago). He asked what i'd done and how long it had been a problem. I told him i did it initially in teh army and that it had been weak ever since, i'm talking 16 years it's been a problem. I've had everything done to it that can be done medically.

So he asked if i minded if he said a prayer for me. I said yes, like i say i won't knock someone for thier beliefs, and he proceeded to get down on his knees in the middle of the city centre, lay his hands on my ankle and prayed....for about 3 minutes!

He then claimed that i would now be healed. He asked me to thank Jesus as it was him that had healed my ankle, not the hotdog vender. I said i would quite happily thank him if he suddenly turned around a mashed up ankle after 16 years.

The guy went on to talk about a couple of stories he knew about localy where peoples bones had been beyond repair, yet had magicaly healed, in on case, Jesus pushed out the screws and plated from an ankle rebuild and mended the bone.

Do i believe this? No. I think it's quite a dangerous thing to tell someone they are cured, as i told my kids someone who is vulnerable could stop taking treatment on the words of someone like this.

However for me, it gave the guy a few moments of satisfaction that he was doing good. Didn't do me any harm and as suspected, my ankle still kills as much today as when i was given the "heat of God" as he called it.

Has anyone ever actualy had anything miraculous happen to them?

CX.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
yes..

but no one would believe me..

meh..

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Excellent topic!! S&F

I can't wait to read some replies!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Not I.

Miracles. Always associated with guardian angels, god, mary, what have you. A sign of spiritual connection; some one watching over you.

Yet the most devout and religious people can pray for their child to heal from the sickness of the blood they suffer, and when the child dies.. it's gods will.

Miracles...

I have my doubts. I think miracles are just where we see reality connect the dots for us. and we still don't get it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Yeap. An older couples teen had some really bad crooked teeth and was about to go in the next day for his braces fitting. Keep in mind, the dentist had seen him several times to sort out what he needed.
I was at a meeting, requests for prayer came up, someone asked to pray for the young man that the fitting would go well and I said "Heck no, let believe for a miracle.
I'd never seen many, but exercised some faith, spoke to the teeth and commanded them be straightened. We didn't 'pray' the usual religious prayer that Jesus would heal etc etc etc, we just commanded it believing in the authority we believed we had. But nothing happened and we went home and I forgot about it.....

The next day when he got up and his teeth were perfect. Didn't believe it till I saw it. The dentists can't work it out.
I can't explain it, my mind cannot understand it, but there it is. Why teeth and not something serious I don't know.
I've 'prayed' for stuff since and had little result but that night I took a ridiculous leap of faith and commanded it.
As I write now my eyes have been opened again as to how it really is supposed to work.
Thanks for raising the question, I'd forgotten that story till now

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I saw my grandmothers beating heart through an ultrasound (i think) after I drove her to the emergency, she needed a pacemaker. To me seeing left such a lasting impression, not really sure why, just thought it was amazing.

Maybe not a true medical miracle but a technological one?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i think i may have......

www.msnbc.msn.com...

oh wait a miracle is something grossly improbable that has POSITIVE connotations
silly me

(even if the surgery succeeds which im sure some will deem a miracle its going to be pretty tough to argue that the kid wouldnt have been better off being born with one head
so god caused a problem so it could step in and solve it? let his schizophrenic will be known!)
edit on 31-10-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

and i just found this news.monstersandcritics.com... so there you go.....
youre desperately trying to believe the odds are more heavily stacked in your favor than they are by attributing events to god and claiming it as his will because bad things happening to you could never be good so he wont let bad things happen to you and if he does it was because you didnt have enough faith[
which allows you to deceive yourself further seeing negative as having some kind of positive effect down the road (when there usually is none) because that you can believe as it will never be proved one way or the other

things happen
no matter how improbable something is given enough time it becomes an inevitability

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

My daughter's boyfriend was in a serious car crash where he appeared to have severed his spine (quite high up his back).

They had to cut him out of the car and helicopter him to hospital. At the time, the paramedic said to my son (who was in another car following, and was the first on the scene who wasn't injured) that he was afraid that the boyfriend (who was also my son's close friend) might be permanently paralyzed.

At the hospital, the doctor was trying to establish how high up the spine the damage was, and was using a needle off a syringe and was plunging it in and asking if the boyfriend felt anything. He was totally paralyzed and insensate up to the shoulders.

We asked his family (who we knew weren't Christians) if they wanted to hold hands with us while we prayed. They agreed and we prayed out loud that he would walk again and would be OK. We also prayed for the others injured in the accident.

In less than a minute the boyfriend started moving his toes and began to complain of pain.

The crash happened at three in the morning and by six the next morning, the boyfriend walked out of the hospital with only minor injuries.

The others in the crash also came out of it with only minor cuts and bruises.

The doctors said that they'd never seen such a fast recovery and were amazed.

I have also seen other miraculous healings and have seen it happen just by the laying on of hands, not even with any sort of prayer.

One of the duties of Christians is to "lay hands on the sick and they will recover". Its actually a commandment and if more Christians had the guts to really obey the Bible and do this, there would be a lot less problems in this world.

Also, to the OP, go back to the "hotdog" guy and tell him if you aren't healed. Sometimes healing requires persistence and patience.

It has nothing to do with your faith, or even the faith of the healer. Its a God thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
i think i may have......

www.msnbc.msn.com...

oh wait a miracle is something grossly improbable that has POSITIVE connotations
silly me

(even if the surgery succeeds which im sure some will deem a miracle its going to be pretty tough to argue that the kid wouldnt have been better off being born with one head
so god caused a problem so it could step in and solve it? let his schizophrenic will be known!)

and i just found this news.monstersandcritics.com... so there you go.....
youre desperately trying to believe the odds are more heavily stacked in your favor than they are by attributing events to god and claiming it as his will because bad things happening to you could never be good so he wont let bad things happen to you and if he does it was because you didnt have enough faith[
which allows you to deceive yourself further seeing negative as having some kind of positive effect down the road (when there usually is none) because that you can believe as it will never be proved one way or the other

things happen
no matter how improbable something is given enough time it becomes an inevitability

Hey, we live in a strange, fallen and corrupted world.

But as bad as some things are, there is a shade of something else going on too. Every now and then we catch fleeting glimpses of other worlds that reside beside us but are largely invisible. Hints of heaven and angels and even of darker forces.

But all things eventually work together for the good of those who love God. I firmly believe that.

It's hard, i know but perhaps it was best that those co-joined girls were removed from a world of pain and discrimination. Perhaps it was best for other people (like the parents and doctors) too. Only God knows.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
exactly so instead of a tragedy now its not nearly as terrible and actually very acceptable because it was gods will so theres no need to feel nearly as bad as you otherwise would because this was somehow for the best (and as i pointed out it was gods plan that they be born in that manner.... so he creates a problem that he is going to need to solve because........ hes bored? he wants people to see how cool and awesome he is? what?)

its a coping mechanism and thats ok.... if you are aware of it and dont take it too seriously

as for angels and dark forces our brains are very interesting and under extreme conditions the chemistry in our brains can change very rapidly and make us temporarily experience things that are not real..... some people experience a chemical imbalance all the time and in most cases these people are medicated to prevent them from being a danger to themselves or others

if you are frequently experiencing visits by angels or dark forces you may want to consider seeing a doctor

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I was born in 1985 at 31 weeks with underdeveloped lungs and a heart murmur. I was in the NICU for 8 weeks and then I was sent home with a heart monitor. After 3 days at home I had a cardiac arrest and I was sent back to the NICU this time the doctors called the hospital's chaplain as my prognosis was not to last the night. The chaplain and my parents prayed and in the morning I got through the night and when the pastor left he said that he would have his congregation pray for me as well. A few days later I got to go home, this time permanently, and I haven't had a heart or lung issue since.

Is it a miracle? I don't know and neither does anybody else about any other event. Do I think that my survival was aided through the prayers of my parents and family or the pastor and his congregation? I do, but my beliefs very nearly make that a foregone conclusion. Just as your beliefs may also predicate your eventual conclusion.

I must say that I disagree as to whether this man may have done you a disservice. In fact if this man was not a healer, as of yet I am not sure that any are legitimately given this ability anymore, then he has done not only a disservice to you but to all who follow Christ. If you are not healed it serves not only to dilute the power of true miracles but to cause that much more of your heart to become hardened towards God.

I don't believe that the man does this out of malevolence but rather in a misunderstanding of the difference between the power of prayer and the nature of a miraculous healing. Those in the New Testament who perform miraculous healings I believe are limited to Jesus of Nazareth, his disciples, Paul, and possibly a few of the early members of the church such as Polycarp, Jude, and Timothy. Jesus healed with an authority that was his owm and the others healed in the name of Jesus by an authority bestowed to them by Jesus himself. A truly miraculous healing is such an awesome display of authority, such power that a man would lay down the tools of his livelihood, an event which would drive a fisherman into a torturous death in the sole cause of its proliferation.

I pray for you to receive your healing and of infinitely more importance; I pray for your soul.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

There are some pretty compelling studies and results that show that Positive Attitude can speed healing. Also, there are established ways of using "Energy" and some people practice Energy Work...I've experienced being able to relieve someone's pain by placing my left hand (if a person is left-handed, they would use their right hand)...

which has an "absorptive" capacity on energy fields...onto the hurting area;

allow (feel, visualize, imagine) the absorbed "affliction" energy to pass through my own body, into my other arm, then "ground it out" by touching the earth or anything solid that is connected to the ground with my right hand and imagining the negative sensation leaving my body. (In my case, I can "feel" the negative energy actually moving into my body and then out of it again.)

It's a technique used by Eastern and Alternative medicine practitioners, as well as some forms of the so-called "Occult" (I learned about it while studying Wicca), and can be learned by anyone. Takes practice, and a keen sensitivity to what one expects to feel; some people are more adept than others.

I think perhaps this ability to "manipulate" the whereabouts and circuitry of energy is likely what in ancient times was called miraculous "laying on of hands" that can heal. Jesus knew how (if we take the Bible accounts as true accounts), and told others they could also do it. I think he knew (or whoever wrote about him knew) how this works, including the Essenes, who were his social circle.

I know for a fact that my doing so (it's a conscious intention, but there is no actual "physical" touching go on -- one places their absorptive hand close to the injury (or a "channel" that connects to it, like in acupressure and acupuncture) has relieved pain in people who've allowed me to try, with open minds. Who knows if it's a combination of the effort and the willingness to cooperate that somehow change or withdraw or expell the negative energy? I don't know, but it worked for me. I'm no saint, and I don't claim to have "power" , all I know is it works.

Also, I learned about the actual earth (soil/dirt) having the ability to neutralize free radicals simply by connecting our bare skin (feet, hands) with soil. It has to do with Negative and Positive ions, and is proven scientifically.

Perhaps we are just now beginning to understand HOW "medical miracles" work, one piece at a time. If that is so, then the ancient's retelling of "miracle healings" might make better sense, as well as primitive and ancient "medicine men" and other "ritualistic" methods of purging illness.

In my opinion, this in no way negates "God" -- perhaps we're getting closer to how the mastery of energy and other metaphysical activities can heal us. We've been told and seen how some people make their life's work doing this, from all cultures and belief systems. It isn't evil. It's good.

Just my thoughts on it.
People can call it "power of prayer", "miraculous healing," "sorcery," whatever. It is done all the time.
Interesting!

edit on 31-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I once got my finger burned to the flesh by 30,000 volts of electricity.

After few minutes, I saw my finger again, completely healed!

What else?

My vision was miraculously restored to 20/20 (note it has nothing to do with the high voltage accident!). I previously had lens distortion on both eyes for many years in my teens (I was a geek!). In my early twenties, my vision was fully restored without any medical/dietary changes. It was to my surprise when I took vision test, I got all the letters when I failed many years before!

I had a persistent back pain which came in my early twenties. Now it's gone, again, with no medical/dietary interventions.

Although I am practicing Christian, I never actually prayed to God to heal me of those things I'm suffering from.

God just healed me even I didn't asked. I never layed hands on anyone yet, maybe just my dog who seems to have stopped ageing and never got sick. But I don't feel confident yet about laying hands. But for certain, I'll have to do it soon in missions.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Indeed! Back in 1985 I was in the break room at my job. Once again I had to go sit in the break room with my leg elevated. Why? Because in 1979 a 500 pound concrete bench fell over landing on my foot and ankle, crushing both. Even just standing for a long period of time caused my foot and ankle to swell up and cause me severe pain. And my job required me to be on my feet the majority of the time.

As I sat with my shoe off and my leg propped up on a table my friend and co-worker Andre' just happened to be passing by and saw me through the doorway. He backed up and stopped. Smiling, he asked me "Do you love the Lord?" I wasn't very religious in those days, and I thought it was a weird question to ask, but I told him yes. He came into the room and asked if it was okay if he prayed for me. I figured what the heck- it couldn't hurt, and it would make him feel good.

Andre' knelt in front of me, put his hands around my ankle and foot, and prayed to God to bless me with healing. I was surprised when I felt my whole leg start to feel warm and tingle. I swear I literally watched the swelling go down with my own eyes. I know I had to have looked like I had seen a ghost! When he was done he stood up and held his hand out to me, and I took it and stood up. He said "Thank you for allowing me to pray for you" and he left me standing there- amazed!

That was 27 years ago, and I have never had a moments pain or swelling in that foot or ankle again. It was, and continues to be, a miracle to me!

CX

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is the first and only time i've gone into any depth about Jesus on the internet.....just gone onto Youtube and all the adverts now point me towards Christian dating sites.

"Jesus is the Lord....are you single and Christian?"

No i'm fed up with tracking cookies or whatever they are thinking that i am so interested in every word i mention in a post on a forum that i want ads relating to the subject plastered everywhere i go!!!

CX.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

You mentioned Jesus on a conspiracy theory site, You must be sad and alone. That's great.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
reply to post by CX

You mentioned Jesus on a conspiracy theory site, You must be sad and alone. That's great.

Who seems a bit sad & alone?

I thought CX sounded rather rational and was inquiring about other people's experiences. Sounds positively social to me.

edit on 31/10/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
exactly so instead of a tragedy now its not nearly as terrible and actually very acceptable because it was gods will so theres no need to feel nearly as bad as you otherwise would because this was somehow for the best (and as i pointed out it was gods plan that they be born in that manner.... so he creates a problem that he is going to need to solve because........ hes bored? he wants people to see how cool and awesome he is? what?)

its a coping mechanism and thats ok.... if you are aware of it and dont take it too seriously

as for angels and dark forces our brains are very interesting and under extreme conditions the chemistry in our brains can change very rapidly and make us temporarily experience things that are not real..... some people experience a chemical imbalance all the time and in most cases these people are medicated to prevent them from being a danger to themselves or others

if you are frequently experiencing visits by angels or dark forces you may want to consider seeing a doctor

Firstly, I don't see angels or demons everywhere, at least, I don't recognize them if I do see them.

Nor are my views entirely "coping mechanisms" - I have actually seen several miracles.

I think that people who live in a world where so much defies scientific explanation and speaks of an order implicate only of intelligence, any yet do not admit to it, are themselves using "coping mechanisms" to avoid the truth.

In John 9:1-5, Jesus was asked by his disciples about a man who had been blind from birth. Because the best current theory of the time was that disability and suffering came from sin, He was asked who sinned, the parents or the man himself? Jesus response was "Neither, it was so the power of God could be revealed through him".

When we apply our understandings and paradigms to the hard things of life, we can often come away with a feeling that God is doing wrong by us. The truth is that God's motivations, thoughts and actions are likely to be beyond our conception.

God has revealed that He loves us and that His goal is our total transformation mentally, spiritually and physically.

When you begin to see through the lens of these concepts you begin to catch the idea that God wastes nothing in His purposes. Every bit of pain and suffering, every low point in our lives are just as much part of the process as the triumphs and bliss.

Remember that Jesus suffered (He was called a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief). He was tortured to death and abandoned by His whole society. He didn't suffer 'to teach Him something', nor was it as a punishment for His sin (the usual two explanations for suffering). Think about that!

Jesus turned His endurance of suffering into something holy, like a gift. It says "look at what I will go through for you".

It had purpose.

edit on 31/10/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yes, I've witnessed miracles, works that only God could have accomplished. Many people don't want to experience miracles, and that's too bad. I myself would be dead several times over if it weren't for God's love, many people don't want to experience that either, again, that's too bad.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yes I have seen and been the recipient of a healing. On Aug. 10th 1986 I was healed delivered from serious drug addiction of over 20 years. Had absolutely no withdrawals was able and still able to be in the presence of drugs and alcohol with no desire to drug and drink since that day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join