It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rogue" U.S. General Arrested for Ignoring 9/11 Bengzahi Stand-Down Order

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

"Rogue" U.S. General Arrested for Ignoring 9/11 Bengzahi Stand-Down Order

Is an American General losing his job for trying to save the Americans besieged in Benghazi?

unspy.wordpress.com...

Africom commanding officer U.S. General Carter Ham, after being ordered to essentially surrender control of the situation to alleged Al Queda terrorists and let Americans on the ground die, made the unilateral decision to ignore orders from the Secretary of Defense and activated special operations teams at his disposal... According to reports times247.com... once the General went rogue he was arrested within minutes by his second in command and relieved of duty.

Sounds like the story line for Last Resort (the new TV series on ABC)

edit on 30-10-2012 by wasaka because: added HULU link to Last Resort

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
According to this report, once General Ham received the order to stand down his response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

If true, the General had the balls to ignoring an order to not do what he thought was the right thing to do. This tale closely follows a current ABC TV show, Last Resort.

edit on 30-10-2012 by wasaka because: link to story on Last Resort

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
When a General breaks orders, there's really no chain of command or any semblance of calm.

This just further proves how inept the entire military is from top to bottom.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
OMG..... Okay..I thought I'd heard everything on this story. He was outright ARRESTED? For refusing to ignore the cries for help...and deliberately leave those men to die?! He was actually ARRESTED ON THE SPOT like a bad friggen movie?!

(chomps a carrot so hard it sounds like wood breaking)

edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
OMG..... Okay..I thought I'd heard everything on this story. He was outright ARRESTED? For refusing to ignore the cries for help...and deliberately leave those men to die?! He was actually ARRESTED ON THE SPOT like a bad friggen movie?!

Disobeying orders from a superior officer is grounds for arrest, a dishonorable discharge, and possibly treason.

+78 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Me thinks everyone higher than this General should be arrested and tried for treason.

edit on 30-10-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
General Ham I salute you.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

One notable difference between the officer and enlisted oaths is that the oath taken by officers does not include any provision to obey orders

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Disobeying orders from a superior officer is grounds for arrest, a dishonorable discharge, and possibly treason.

Outstanding. I hope he was arrested and they DO push it all the way to a Court Martial. The more I've considered this...the more I've really come to feel strongly. If he was outright ordered to stand down in the face of Americans in dire need of assistance he was in a position to render, then he was given the very text book example of an illegal order. I'd LOVE for that to be a subject of official record in an open court room. Military court or not. A General Officer is not some PFC leaking info. This man WILL have his say in court if he's taken to court....and continues to make a stand on what is right.

Assuming...as we have to every step here, that all is as it seems. The investigations on this need to start right now. Yesterday would have been better. It's nothing I thought I'd ever even see joked about outside a fictional book before Banghazi actually saw it happen in life. Now this isn't so hard to believe....although before the Consulate, this was a mere plot to a TV show.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor addition

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Good to see some one in the military that actually has a pair , the thing that worries me is - i`m not surprised at all. Infact I`ll be surprised if anything comes of this , no one will make any noise about it and he`ll be forgotten.

When TSHTF the military personnel who try to help the people will be branded terrorists , so why dont they just take their chances and arrest the president now whilst they`ve got the chance ?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Already denial from US Military on Associated Press

Originally published October 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM | Page modified October 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Dempsey: Africa Command change not tied to Libya

The top U.S. military officer is denying reports that Army Gen. Carter Ham's planned departure as head of U.S. Africa Command is linked to the Sept. 11 attack in Libya.

By ROBERT BURNS
AP National Security Writer
seattletimes.com/html/politics/2019553052_apuslibyadempsey.html

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It's kind of interesting that he was arrested "within minutes" of disobeying the order on 9/11, but gave a press conference as AFRICOM on 9/30 in Algeria, don't you think?

www.africom.mil...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Kinda funny.. When you think of conspiracy theorists so many of them question any official story, but when a story comes along they want to believe so many dont ask questions. Even worse they dont ask questions and they start proclaiming what they want to be fact as fact.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It's kind of interesting that he was arrested "within minutes" of disobeying the order on 9/11, but gave a press conference as AFRICOM on 9/30 in Algeria, don't you think?

www.africom.mil...

I was thinking the exact same thing. He was given a lot of freedom to make all kinds of statements following the events for a man who was arrested..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
Kinda funny.. When you think of conspiracy theorists so many of them question any official story, but when a story comes along they want to believe so many dont ask questions. Even worse they dont ask questions and they start proclaiming what they want to be fact as fact.

Yeah, it's kinda funny how that happens....when our Government lied to us and even the United Nations directly, eyeball to eyeball, for an extended period of time. It wasn't simply fibbing by stretching the truth a bit....It was making a villain (a world villain) of a half-baked moron with a youtube video when we know, without having to look at rumors, communication made it clear that NIGHT it was an organized attack and never a spontaneous event by unruly protesters.

So I hope some may forgive this little problem many of us have with believing much of anything coming out, from ANYONE. Although we do know a couple Seals died lasing a target something was overhead to shoot and then didn't...which kinda made them victims of their own effort by trusting in command that, by the evidence of their very deaths, betrayed them. I kinda feel betrayed myself, as I believe every American should. The question now is...WHO betrayed whom and who knew about it with time to have done anything to change the outcome?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
They will throw the book at him unfortunately... So as to prevent anyone else actually THINKING. Because if people started doing that there might not be anyone left to control! It gobsmacks me that anyone actually joins! I know most of the people are probably good intentioned but come on! There is more than enough info out regarding the military to show how utterly corrupt it is and that the ones controlling it are utterly corrupt too! Just look at the documented PROVEN false flags as a start. Forget 9/11 and 7/7 etc, there are plenty that are admitted!

Its just beyond me....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
He wasn't arrested. He was simply told to step away from control of his post by his Second in Command General David Rodriguez. Rumor has it he told the the group assembled in the White House situation room to FOAD and gave the orders anyhow.

Obama ordered him removed from his post. This is the rumor. It is posted in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
y'all might find this commentary of interest ...

link
Former Delta Operator on "The Panetta Doctrine" or also known as "The Dumbest # I Ever Heard!"
for those who don't understand the face of command, it is quite possible Gen Ham was relieved of duty as indicated and given the option of early retirement, which would enable his presence at the press conference.

do you really think Obama wants the civis or the press openly inquiring about the arrest of an active General ? especially one who just assumed the post in March 2011 ??

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Dying to read it, but I can't get your link to open.

Never mind, got it. Everyone needs to read this, both hilarious and true!!!

edit on 30-10-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

try this ... www.blackfive.net...#-i-ever-heard.html

or copy this to search ... blackfive.net/main/2012/10/former-delta-operator-on-the-panetta-doctrine-or-also-known-as-the-dumbest-#-i-ever-heard.html ... left the www part out so it would appear here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join