It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rogue" U.S. General Arrested for Ignoring 9/11 Bengzahi Stand-Down Order

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
He was born in 1952, that makes him 60 years old. In 60 years, and with his history of the military schools he has attended to rise to his current rank, it's quite impressive. You don't just go with the flow all around you and rise to General, you distinguish yourself, because there's probably 30 or 40 qualified guys who have also put in the time and are waiting in the wings for the same job, and...equally qualified. Once promoted, there's a 'click' of those who can help you, or those who can hurt you. Being a General is a 'compartmentalized' position, never the less it has some latitude in the position as far as directional movement and policy. Most people due for promotion as Generals are in the 50ish age bracket. Generals have a group of people surrounding them that keep them appraised of meetings, appointments and a host of other parts of their tentative agendas, even by lowly Corporals, who by the way are taught this task. Imagine 'Radar' from Mash. It's just my guess that this is a smoke screen designed to get the administration out of hot water, namely Obama and the recent blame game towards him. Also it's about the time that the Generals age comes into play, and what better patsy than one who is of the age to retire. Believe me..... Generals have a substantial bag of tricks (You owe me) or (I'll be quiet if) that they can use to get needed cooperation when needed.
I really think it was choreographed and sacrificial in character. No Commander knowingly leaves soldiers behind to die, not in this day and age. They are far too visible in the media and in the public audience. They are not 'you and I'...... these guys are incredibly smart, the job requires it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
OMG..... Okay..I thought I'd heard everything on this story. He was outright ARRESTED? For refusing to ignore the cries for help...and deliberately leave those men to die?! He was actually ARRESTED ON THE SPOT like a bad friggen movie?!

(chomps a carrot so hard it sounds like wood breaking)

edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Disobeying orders from a superior officer is grounds for arrest, a dishonorable discharge, and possibly treason.

Only lawful orders - it is the duty of every armed service member to be mindful of their orders such that they never blindly follow unlawful orders.

I believe the orders NOT to provide assistance to the US personnel during this crisis were unlawful and the General was in the right.

I'd bet you cash that the courts martial will be sealed, and this General will NOT suffer any punishments for his actions. I'd be he gracefully retires under a gag order because he did his job but the "official" story can't be the orders were unlawful.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

OMG..... Okay..I thought I'd heard everything on this story. He was outright ARRESTED? For refusing to ignore the cries for help...and deliberately leave those men to die?! He was actually ARRESTED ON THE SPOT like a bad friggen movie?!

(chomps a carrot so hard it sounds like wood breaking)

edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Make you sick, don't it. The stupid second in command that arrested him is a perfect example of being brain washed into not being able to think for himself. Hope the little (bleep bag) is proud of himself.
The General should be honored, not this. But can't say I'm surprised.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You will see this fade into obscurity as do all stories about General/Flag Officers. The government always downplays negative events participated in by these folks.
How do you think I was able to get military ID and travel through-out the middle east as a retired Brigadier General? I leveraged this very chink in the armor of our military! No one questions a General, always do as requested and when they screw up, cover it up! Was my arrest and conviction covered in the press? Nope, only a few people on a couple of message boards and one tiny newspaper in Fayetteville ever covered the story and it has mostly disappeared now.
Mostly because it is an embarrassment to the government. Likewise, this same story and the fates of General Ham and the Admiral involved will become non-stories as they will resign or retire into obscurity, saving their large pensions and benefits. Silence is all that the military will require in exchange. reply to post by solarstorm

edit on 30/10/2012 by PaulLemmen because: remove errant characters

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
reply to post by DaTroof

Me thinks everyone higher than this General should be arrested and tried for treason.

edit on 30-10-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

Methinks on January 1, President Romney should select this general to fill the Secretary of Defense vacancy.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Under the UCMJ, any order that will harm soldiers etc can legally be ignored. However, it would still need to be defended in a military court.

General Ham saw American personnel at risk and in harm's way, he responded appropriately. Hypothesizing here but I am sure he felt that his superiors did not have enough information and that he was in a better position to evaluate...and then perhaps not, maybe he just saw Americans in harm's way.

I want to see this made more public.

Mikado

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Even the Examiner isn't buying it, and that says a lot.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
Kinda funny.. When you think of conspiracy theorists so many of them question any official story, but when a story comes along they want to believe so many dont ask questions. Even worse they dont ask questions and they start proclaiming what they want to be fact as fact.

Yeah, it's kinda funny how that happens....when our Government lied to us and even the United Nations directly, eyeball to eyeball, for an extended period of time. It wasn't simply fibbing by stretching the truth a bit....It was making a villain (a world villain) of a half-baked moron with a youtube video when we know, without having to look at rumors, communication made it clear that NIGHT it was an organized attack and never a spontaneous event by unruly protesters.

So I hope some may forgive this little problem many of us have with believing much of anything coming out, from ANYONE. Although we do know a couple Seals died lasing a target something was overhead to shoot and then didn't...which kinda made them victims of their own effort by trusting in command that, by the evidence of their very deaths, betrayed them. I kinda feel betrayed myself, as I believe every American should. The question now is...WHO betrayed whom and who knew about it with time to have done anything to change the outcome?

Great post. You've perfectly summed up how I feel and I'm sure many Americans feel. I think many of us already know WHO betrayed them and us. You deserve many many stars!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Air Force General who killed Commerce Secretary Ron Brown in Bosnia never even got arrested. He did get fired by President Clinton and ran a cubicle in the Pentagon his last 2 years before he retired.

Boy was that a Democrat political folly. Only planes that could land in Bosnia were C-130's due to the terrible mountainous terrain, low cloud cover, and lack of landing instrumentation and the little air field there. EVERYBODY flew into there on C-130's.

A Black General in charge of Ramstein Air Base decided to make a political move and ordered a BIG fancy plane to take in Ron Brown. All his white Colonels said no, it was not possible. The Black General overruled them and had them relieved of Command. Big Black General sends in massive luxury plane with Ron Brown and all those Americans and.....crash.

Sad thing is not all died in the crash. Rumor is some survived....but the Bosnians got to the crash site first and placed bullet holes between the survivors eyes.

Not even THAT General was ever arrested and tried for what he did. He collected his retirement and never got punished. Politics.....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
When a General breaks orders, there's really no chain of command or any semblance of calm.

This just further proves how inept the entire military is from top to bottom.

Whatever you say, keyboard warrior. Just keep typing and I'll keep defending your right to type that bologna you just said.

DaTroof = part of the problem.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The Air Force General who killed Commerce Secretary Ron Brown in Bosnia never even got arrested. He did get fired by President Clinton and ran a cubicle in the Pentagon his last 2 years before he retired.

Boy was that a Democrat political folly. Only planes that could land in Bosnia were C-130's due to the terrible mountainous terrain, low cloud cover, and lack of landing instrumentation and the little air field there. EVERYBODY flew into there on C-130's.

A Black General in charge of Ramstein Air Base decided to make a political move and ordered a BIG fancy plane to take in Ron Brown. All his white Colonels said no, it was not possible. The Black General overruled them and had them relieved of Command. Big Black General sends in massive luxury plane with Ron Brown and all those Americans and.....crash.

Sad thing is not all died in the crash. Rumor is some survived....but the Bosnians got to the crash site first and placed bullet holes between the survivors eyes.

Not even THAT General was ever arrested and tried for what he did. He collected his retirement and never got punished. Politics.....

I would REALLY like to know why him being black has anything to do with this

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why is it that some things Benghazi CAN'T wait till after the election and other things CAN?

If you're gonna err, err on the side of righteousness!

...but unfortunately, he still needs be arrested for disobeying orders.

What I don't understand is why he is being arrested after Obama said there still needs be an investigation?

Source: ReaganiteRepulican

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I would REALLY like to know why him being black has anything to do with this

The Black General was never charged with anything because.....it was over politics and race.

The WHITE Colonels who were involved in the debacle and tried to SAVE the Black Commerce Secretaries life.....they got punished.

There be thick politics in the military. Race is still a factor in application of the law.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Why is it that some things Benghazi CAN'T wait till after the election and other things CAN?

If you're gonna err, err on the side of righteousness!

...but unfortunately, he still needs be arrested for disobeying orders.

What I don't understand is why he is being arrested after Obama said there still needs be an investigation?

Source: ReaganiteRepulican

Excellent political slogan for Romney

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

ahh. yeah.

i ignore claims of racism. it is the knee jerk ad hominem.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
the right has lied so much that i no longer believe anything that comes from their media or surrogates. they have become useless and a non-entity.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

If this is true, why isnt the General locked up? In the military if you get arrested you get locked up. Further, this would be big news. Why are there no reports of it anywhere except blogs? Is there any evidence he actually disobeyed orders and sent troops in?

Lots of rumor here but little substance. Until we hear real evidence I vote to put this in the "suspect" bin.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by wasaka

If this is true, why isnt the General locked up? In the military if you get arrested you get locked up. Further, this would be big news. Why are there no reports of it anywhere except blogs? Is there any evidence he actually disobeyed orders and sent troops in?

Lots of rumor here but little substance. Until we hear real evidence I vote to put this in the "suspect" bin.

I agree with you here that it's a little suspect, but at the same time, what I got out of this was that he was arrested prior to being able to send in the troops. Also, They immediately would have had to play it down and come to an understanding with him, therefore not arresting him, or this would have blown up politically in their face. So he is arrested right away but then released right away as well, or it could have created a major problem for the cover up. Well, its sound good in theory anyway. Also, the link to the story is a 404, the story has been taken down by the website. Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
IF this is true, and he was relived by his second, and being REPLACED by his second, I see this as Obama moving all his pieces on the board, replacing all those that will question his orders with those that will not question him, as his final move before taking full and total control, using the military as his forces to do this.
This doesnt bode well for us, and I'm not one to believe conspiracies like this, but something tells me this is bad.
General Ham should come out publicly and tell what happened, but I have a feeling he wil be 'silenced' one way or the other in the days to come.
Prepare for the worst folks.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I call BS.

General Ham gave a press conference days after the attack and said he DID NOTHING BECAUSE HE WAS NOT ORDERED TO AND NOBODY TOLD HIM ANYTHING.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join