It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

That looks really impressive. Too bad it's just a fake.

All those taxi's are photoshops.

fotoforensics.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We could show you all of the dry basements in the F-in world, I get it, not everyone in NYC/NJ/Earth was affected BUT, there was damage, a lot of it and most of it was in New Jersey. We all know it's not the end of the world, we know we will recover, eventually...anyone check up on New Orleans lately (360k people)...it's a tad bit smaller than NYC/NJ (16 million collectively). Nobody here is fear mongering or hyping this up, people not from the East Coast should know what happened and the extremity of it. If you don't think it was extreme, fine move along to bash another thread.

I have 2 friends I talk to daily, one lives in NJ and the other on Long Island, I will have them send me pics of these "green screens" and other "scenes" staged for the cameras.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Wheelindiehl because: The second part was for you Paperbackwriter

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Really and seriously now? Such disrespect for people that lost EVERYTHING...and those that have died in this "little hurricane".

With water standing in two major commuter tunnels and seven subway tunnels under the East River, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said it was unclear when the nation's largest transit system would be rolling again. It shut down Sunday night ahead of the storm. Joseph Lhota, chairman of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, said the damage was the worst in the 108-year history of the New York subway.

Again...let me repeat myself, for the HEARING IMPAIRED: "THIS IS NOT A DOOM AND GLOOM CONSPIRACY THREAD!!!" "CAN....YOU...HEAR....ME...NOW"? However, if you think this is going to be a 123...tah-daaaaah type of deal.....YOU ARE WRONG!

My PERSONAL FRIENDS....that i've known, practically my entire life...are telling me how bad it is. Most of them work in New York and commute. Those subway systems, tunnels and bridges are as important to them, as the veins in your body!

If you think this is gonna be some kind of "Katrina" thing....you should switch frequencies. Water was NEVER supposed to go where it went. It's EVERYWHERE.

Please, DO NOT MAKE MY THREAD ABOUT DOOM AND GLOOM! Rather, illustrate to us.....the damage Sandy caused, so we can see the WORK that's ahead of us. The President hasn't even made his assessments yet. This could get ugly, real quick. NOT SAYING IT WILL. Jus' sayin' it "COULD"!

THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS, IS SLEEPING NOW

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

fotoforensics.com...

I guess this is "photoshopped" also?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Mayor bloomberg must be in pain. How is he expected to search and seize random subjects at will, when he's underwater? Oh the humanity. The city's hit squads must be heartbroken. I don't see how he'll survive this unraveling of Supreme Authority.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

fotoforensics.com...

I guess this is "photoshopped" also?

Yes....it definitely is.

fotoforensics.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

The storm hit the entire eastern sea-board and was felt as far in-land as Ohio, so please, keep telling us how bad it is because of one small area.

The Philadelphia subway isn't flooded, nor has D.C.s.
edit on 10/30/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What happend to this thread?

The OP Started it for pictures, so others could get avisual
of what is going on, and it turned into a bitch fest...

There is more childish bickering going back and forth than there
are pictures, come on... arent there enough other thread's that
you all can take your fussing to?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That's crazy.... I'm sorry to say this but I'm glad I'm on the other side of the country..... Where the weather is oh so lovely...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

You are understanding the whole ELA process all wrong. You can insert any image you yourself have taken and not edited to see how it works. Then do some small edit and see the difference. Nothing about those images shows anything other than standard jpeg compression.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
What happend to this thread?

The OP Started it for pictures, so others could get avisual
of what is going on, and it turned into a bitch fest...

There is more childish bickering going back and forth than there
are pictures, come on... arent there enough other thread's that
you all can take your fussing to?

I am the OP...and i've asked repeatedly for people not to make this into a debate or a conspiracy thread, or a doom and gloom thread...but some people DON'T STOP. No matter how many times you ask them. This IS NOT THE INTENT OF MY

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

You are understanding the whole ELA process all wrong. You can insert any image you yourself have taken and not edited to see how it works. Then do some small edit and see the difference. Nothing about those images shows anything other than standard jpeg compression.

Oh, yeah, sure OK. Laughs.

The white clustered outlines shows the area where cut and pasted composition of images occurs.
An unedited photo doesn't distinguish a difference in pixel arrangements between background and foreground or various objects in an original unedited photograph.
The fotoforensics shows up every change the photo has undergone,

And if a photo was not an image to start with and is completely fabricated, that is obvious also.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Laugh all you want. Not my problem if you don't understand the most basics of photography. When you've tried it with an image you yourself have edited and you've stopped laughing feel free to contribute to the thread. Untill that you should hold your flawed "analysis" to yourself.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by SpittinTruth

The storm hit the entire eastern sea-board and was felt as far in-land as Ohio, so please, keep telling us how bad it is because of one small area.

The Philadelphia subway isn't flooded, nor has D.C.s.
edit on 10/30/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

Ohio isnt on the coast. It didn't get the direct hit. New Jersey got most of the damage. New York got it's damage from the rivers. Philadelphia? Man...please! Do you have pictures from people you know or are you just here to accumulate stars? Darn near an entire state's tourist industry is DESTROYED. Just because your hickville of Ohio didn't get anything, doesn't mean other places haven't been DEVASTATED.

Stay in Ohio...where you're safe and warm.

One small area??? Perhaps, you think we're talking about Ohio? We're talking about New York and New Jersey. What do you think....New Jersey is some kind of piss pot? Like i said, you watch too much "Snookie".

We got the winter end of the storm. And hickville huh. Im not so sure you would call some them guyss from cincinatti, columbus, dayton, springfield hicks. Not to their faces anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Laugh all you want. Not my problem if you don't understand the most basics of photography. When you've tried it with an image you yourself have edited and you've stopped laughing feel free to contribute to the thread. Untill that you should hold your flawed "analysis" to yourself.

We will just agree to disagree there Psyko Ops. From Finland.
Odd choice for a nic. What are you trying to say?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ok disagree then. Meanwhile all other ATS member feel free to try out the process so you dont fall for this "photoshopped herp derp" stuff. It's quite educational. I recommend using your own photos or known real photos so you know that they're real.
Paper back Writer...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Where the hell are the mod's cleaning up this thread and getting rid of the trolls who think loss of cars, homes and loved ones is something to undermine?

Notice these trolls don't actually live in the NY/NJ area. I have loved ones who are suffering right now. My direct family has been greatly effected. Many friends have as well, and night number two is just getting underway.

I've seen mod's clean up threads and ban trolls for much, much less. I'm losing respect for ATS the more trolls are allowed to troll right in the middle of an f'ing disaster. How about showing some respect?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join