It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
So, ALL of that will be torn down (mold) and rebuilt in the SAME SPOT?

Why does this happen year after year?

Because Humans are idiots.

We have the same situation in parts of the UK. There are areas where developers built on historical flood plains, but because they hadn't flooded in the last 50 years they decided it would be fine.

Of course, in other countries they make the sensible choice to put their homes on STILTS in areas prone to flooding.

I wouldn't have a problem living on a low-lying area prone to flooding in storms like this, but I would build it on stilts, and have a boat tethered all year - just in case. You can live quite happily in these beautiful places for decades without major flooding, but all it takes is one major storm and you have to start all over again.

Mark my words, most of those idiots on the coast will build the same way, and in another five years they'll build the same way after another storm, and again, and again... until eventually someone has a freakin' brainwave and decide stilts would be a good idea after all

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Many GREAT memories there.

the JERSEY SHORE, SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

Like you I have many fond memories of the Jersey shore, especially Atlantic City. It broke my heart seeing so much of it underwater. In all the years I have gone down there I never saw anything like this. If there is a silver lining I suppose now they have no choice but to bring the boardwalk up to snuff seeing as how much of it was obliterated. Before it was just missing chunks that were often overlooked because they werent close to the tourist traps.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I f NY shuts down the world shuts down???? lol Are you aware that your stock exchange is owned by germany??? they should be able to take it from here.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
BREEZY POINT, QUEENS NY

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ

www.facebook.com...
edit on 30-10-2012 by SpittinTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is assuming that your insurance companies arent as corrupt as your banking and investment houses. Most likely they have spent all your money on bad investments. i suppose you can just print more money and bail them out

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
NEW YORK CITY

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
A pic from Liberty Island during the storm.

I'm not sure but, I think it might be photoshopped. The sky seems WAY too clear.

Seems legit

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch

I f NY shuts down the world shuts down???? lol Are you aware that your stock exchange is owned by germany??? they should be able to take it from here.

Is that all you think New York is good for, the NYSE? How about all the shipping and receiving that goes through it's ports??? Please, don't think this is going to be...."business as usual". YOU'RE SADLY MISTAKEN!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
are you sure these photos are legit? there are a lot of fakes floating around right now.

Most of these are coming from friends and trusted sources. I'm not going to post anything suspicious...like the Statue of Liberty pic, if that's what you're referring to. If there are fakes, that do slip through....could the mods for this thread, kindly remove it.
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ

Mod Note: since this will be an ongoing thread, filled with pics, is there any way to leave the editing section readily available for me, instead of closing it in the time frame allotted to edit posts? This way, the pics i share, can all be on 1 page, instead of scattered throughout the entire thread?
edit on 29-10-2012 by SpittinTruth because: request

Pictures like this are showing very little damage. the water is not high on the buildings. if you lie in an area of flooding you know this is not major damage just needs to dry out.

Most of the streets that look like rivers have water barely to or over the sidewalk again that is not major damage. the worst looking pictures are of derelict water front buildings already a mess and in disrepair not caused by the flood.

Water comes over our highways most years and it looks massive but what you look for in damage is houses with water that has destroyed structures or is way high on the buildings.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I guess it's probably because people have been desensitized to such a point that they don't know what to believe anymore. Believe this, though....Hurricane Sandy ain't playin'! We've cried wolf before, but something tells me: "the wolf is here"!

This pic comes from Yahoo News

ATLANTIC CITY, NJ

BECKLEY, W. VIRGINIA

Your picture shows a dead end street that is low lying and nothing on it, the homes are clear of the water and I see no damage in either shot?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Without wanting to start yet another debate re global warming, I think it's safe to say that climate change is happening and we are certainly seeing freak weather all over the world.

Those choosing to mock America (with irritating smugness
) may find themselves caught up in their own freak weather event............

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
and people are trying to say this hurricane is all hype

my friend at school's parents are sending him messages telling him this might be the last time he hears from them.
some people are totally f$##$@ and people have no idea...
my prayers and love go out to anyone enduring the worst.

You mean they had days of warning and stayed in a flood zone? Strange thing to say to their kid really. or did they just mean the phones may be out for a while? Oh yes that is likely what they meant. we have ours out part of every winter along with power.
I could take pictures that look like everything is underwater but it is shallow and sometimes a dumb driver will try to get through the only deep spot and if you take a photo of the stranded car it tells a lie.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoparrot
Without wanting to start yet another debate re global warming, I think it's safe to say that climate change is happening and we are certainly seeing freak weather all over the world.

Those choosing to mock America (with irritating smugness
) may find themselves caught up in their own freak weather event............

I don't think people are mocking just trying to keep it real. i think you are right about the new weather patterns we have never had lighting storms here and WOW we have had a couple scary ones already this month.

I created a new tern for the tropical storm/ hurricane the Tropicane. i will be expecting more of those.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wasn't even going to reply, but you guys take conspiracy to a whole other level. I live in Queens, I've seen quite a few burning houses, we saw alot of transformers on the power lines exploding, I even seen one explode and the ball of "lightning" fell into the water below and glided across. Here is a facebook account I found that has a few of their own pics + videos which also shows that the news broadcast was actually LIVE while they simultaneously looked out the window. (they are public).
www.facebook.com...

The water is also shown rushing through a basement, their's pics of the water up to the door knob. I know in alot of places in Rosedale, hookcreek flooded and surged to about 4 feet of water. 'A large part of New Jersey is also under water up to almost the 3rd floor (thick mud water), looks like it expands about 3x3 miles from what I can see on video on MSM (fox 5 news).

I didn't think it would amount to anything either, sounded like all hype but I've seen it first hand. Just search "exploding transformer hurricane sandy" on youtube and change the upload date to "today", im sure there are thousands because the entire sky was lighting up green from the lights of them exploding everywhere.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Jersey really got slammed along the coastline. Too bad Jersey Shore wasn't filming....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theySeeme

Thanks for sharing that. Welcome to ATS. That floating fireball must have been awesome!

BTW, the facebook page you linked is "unavailable".

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
How's this for media hype, eh? I bet they touched up the photos a little too, just for 'shock value'.

Or maybe *le gasp* this is a legitimate disaster!

Rest in peace, everyone who lost their lives to Hurricane Sandy...and my thoughts go out to those who lost their homes and pets. Our thoughts and hearts are with you in this rough stage of life.
edit on 30-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join