It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Came in this page hoping for pictures of the sharktapuss walking along broadway or Independance Day the Hurricane edition, but all I see are some truly frightening pictures. I'm really hoping for everyone affected by this to have a full quick recovery.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
For those of you with your blatantly IGNORANT comments. This is what PART of the Jersey Shore looks like, coming straight from the N.J. National Guard.
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ

You know what the problem is? You people watch too much HDTV and you don't even know when "REALITY" is on. You're too zoomed in on the television part...or "reality tv".

This is no big deal! Go back to sleep!!! Never mind the fact that the world's busiest city is completely shut down or that the electrical subway system is filled with water! Forget about the water that flooded the airport runway.
Everything is AAAAA-OOOO-TaaaaaaaY Wall Street will be back in business tomorrow!!!

I look forward to the winter season. Oh, and the affects of the drought, that have yet been felt? Can't WAIT for that.

edit on 30-10-2012 by SpittinTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
couldnt have happened to a nicer country. damage doesnt even remotely compare to what you all have caused with airstrikes over the last decade but beggars cant be choosers.

Unfortunately, this time it's different because it isn't about a country. This could devastate the entire WORLD!

NEW YORK CITY

HOLY!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

The worlds busiest city roflmao!!!!!! not even close

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I concur...
The confusion surrounding "reality" with regard to this particular storm is remarkable. Seems that a Hollywood style tidal wave larger than NY itself, massive multiple explosions, cars flying everywhere, in addition to a monster cyclone (or all of the above, in glorious 3D) would be the minimum required for some people to "believe". Which is so very ironic. And then there are the totally fake or misappropriated images circulating that even major news outlets recycle and serve up as truth. It's all very....odd.

Any cynic old enough to remember Hurricane Andrew and just how long it took to rebuild? Those who are brushing off low water levels are not taking into account the possibility of electrocution in any standing water, regardless of height. The mud, sludge, toxic waste that has been spread out into these streets and neighborhoods?

Reporting from Chicago... We have had high winds for the past few days. The local public radio just noted that the Lake Michigan shore has become quite dangerous, and now traffic is backing up from people stopping to take pictures. There are also reports of people surfing. The lakefront path was closed last night, as waves were crashing over it. I'm a few blocks from the shore, so I cannot see first hand at the moment. I'm sure photos will surface soon. If I can track them down, I will post.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

For those of you with your blatantly IGNORANT comments. This is what PART of the Jersey Shore looks like,

The Jersey Shore consists of what percentage of Jersey

For every town that's been "devastated" there are two that need to just sweep away some leaves and dead branches. My town and the four around it are certainly not "devastated".

Whenever shore towns get bad storms they worry about flooding and some streets will see coverage in water, so what do they do to prepare for events like Sandy, Nor' Easters... etc?

Nothing.

They do nothing.

They clean up the mess and they rebuild.

So I ask you, who's really ignoring reality?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

There are stone markers in Japan that are marking how far a tsunami had come inland and warning not to build any closer to the coast.

But we don't listen to the past well.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Listen very carefully.
Asked by Global Systems Division in Boulder to organize a workshop by Undersecretary in Homeland Security, sponsored by DHS, HOSTED by ISRAEL.

HAARP Engineering Frankenstorm Hurricane Sandy caught on satellite and radar!

And This?
NXT.....
edit on 30-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

:facepalm: Considering the much higher populations of other cities worldwide, calling NYC the "world's busiest city" is up for a crapload of debate. Drop the hyperbole, would you? Settle the frick down. NYC & NE got wet & waterlogged, had winds make a huge mess, and ZOMG, has no power for the moment. Big. Deal. They'll dry out, the messes will get cleaned up, and the electric will come back on. It's not the end of the world, just a clean up with a bigger price tag than most. Do you really think that area is that special, that a weather event that that doesn't seem to be slowing people down the day after is going to bring the planet to it's knees? Get real.

As far as NJ goes, I figured Mother Nature had enough of Snooki & decided to try to take her out. I hear she missed her mark. All that collateral damage for nothing

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

That pic must be one reason why Obama said the military is going to be used "for instance: to pump out the subway tunnels".

We'll see how long it takes for that to begin. This is New York after all, not Louisiana. The sight of all that salty seawater is scary. There are loads of sub basements and electrical infrastructure below street level. Salt water plays havoc with copper.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This could become much more serious than I think some people realize. Even though the storm was less fierce than a major hurricane, it was a lot bigger and has affected a vast area of the eastern seaboard. A 1000 mile stretch of the east coast was inundated. Power is out to how many millions? New York itself is a vertical canyon landscape, with flooded roads and tunnels. Access to places that have food and drinking water will diminish by days end. People are outside right now searching for some place to get a meal. Their apartments are dark. Since the storm was expected to be less severe than a full blown hurricane, lots of people stayed. Now they are imprisoned in the very structures that kept them safe from the deluge.

This could tip either way right now. Either extensive resources from the outside are dispatched to begin clearing the debris so relief efforts can enter the city, or you are going to have a lot of hungry and thirsty people in the next couple of days. How much food is on hand... three days? Does anyone have a handle on access to the heart of the city?

No Problem? Oh, good. For a minute there I was going off.

Edit: Never mind... city looks fine.

aws1.earthcam.com...
edit on 30-10-2012 by intrptr because: link

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

For those of you with your blatantly IGNORANT comments. This is what PART of the Jersey Shore looks like,

The Jersey Shore consists of what percentage of Jersey

For every town that's been "devastated" there are two that need to just sweep away some leaves and dead branches. My town and the four around it are certainly not "devastated".

Whenever shore towns get bad storms they worry about flooding and some streets will see coverage in water, so what do they do to prepare for events like Sandy, Nor' Easters... etc?

Nothing.

They do nothing.

They clean up the mess and they rebuild.

So I ask you, who's really ignoring reality?

Sure, you see cute little rides and stuff. But, do you see the people that WORK and OWN those rides? Have you ever BEEN to the Jersey Shore....besides television? How are you going to "clean that up"? As you have so eloquently put it! What planet do you live on? New Jersey and New York go hand in hand. Both State (NJ) and City (NY) were DEVASTATED. If you don't think they were devastated....find out about the subways.

Maybe the news has you all: mellow fellow...but I CAN'T SEE IT!

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoparrot
Without wanting to start yet another debate re global warming, I think it's safe to say that climate change is happening and we are certainly seeing freak weather all over the world.

Those choosing to mock America (with irritating smugness
) may find themselves caught up in their own freak weather event............

Weather is not climate. Stop drinking the Kool Aid.

Richt before Katrina a climate scientist by the name of Judith Curry wrote a paper saying that there would be more hurricanes over the coming years and that they would be stronger.

So the world waited, and it didn't happen. 2006 through 2011 has been one of the quietest periods for hurricanes in modern history.

And that climate scientist, Dr Judith Curry, a woman that Al Gore called one of the giants in the field, no longer believes in Global Warming.

If you look you will find a roughly 7 year cycle for major hurricanes. And they are not getting stronger. History shows that some of the strongest hurricanes that hit America were in the early 20th century.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sure, you see cute little rides and stuff. But, do you see the people that WORK and OWN those rides? Have you ever BEEN to the Jersey Shore....besides television? How are you going to "clean that up"? As you have so eloquently put it! What planet do you live on? New Jersey and New York go hand in hand. Both State (NJ) and City (NY) were DEVASTATED. If you don't think they were devastated....find out about the subways.

Maybe the news has you all: mellow fellow...but I CAN'T SEE IT!

Oh lawdy lawd! We'sa all gonna die!

I've been to the Shore, I've lived on the Shore: how will they clean it up you ask?
1 foot of boardwalk at a time.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Are you in NJ?

I have friends there, and they have been laughing at the buildup of hysteria, and they're laughing now in the aftermath. Sure, there is damage, and flooding, and inconvenience, but the death toll is low, and the damage is repairable. Most people are breathing a sigh of relief at the moment. They still have to see how the winter part of the storm plays out, but it seems to have been a lot less devastating than previous concern.

The carnival rides you showed could be up and running in days, but I think they are closed during the winter anyway.

When a Hurricane Opal flooded the Florida Panhandle, and destroyed Hwy 98, and destroyed a high percentage of the buildings on the islands, and the outlook was bleak, and private contractors stood by and scratched their heads and thought the task was insurmountable, and estimated months to years before traffic would resume, but the Airborne RED HORSE fellas had them up and running in 14 days, and the towns of Destin, Ft. Walton Beach, and Mary Esther exploded with development in the aftermath!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fineousstitch

Then what is the busiest city, Melbourne? Sydney?, f%$%#ng Brisbane, that's about all the cities you have to manage down in that wasteland, so it's pretty easy to rebuild.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
And people say..."no big deal"...we'll just "clean it up"? Maaaaan...TURN OFF THE FRIGGIN' TELEVISION! It's desensitizing you and making you (politely speaking) [[[STUPID]]]

This is just PART of the Jersey Shore.

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, NJ

So...tell me...how much do you think it's going to affect the economy??? More jobless people, more homeless people, more people without.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join