It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastating Photos (Sandy's Path)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

First the fake photos, then the fake numbers about damages fallowed by the fake charities...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I think the reason big cities like new york city are prone to flooding is because they paved over all the ground with cement. there`s no grass or open plots of earth to absorb the water so all the water has to go into storm drains which aren`t anywhere near big enough to handle all the water of a hurricane.
i think the bright side of flooding like that is that it washes the city and all that cement clean, kind of like flushing a giant toilet

edit on 30-10-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
couldnt have happened to a nicer country. damage doesnt even remotely compare to what you all have caused with airstrikes over the last decade but beggars cant be choosers.

I'm not even going to elaborate on how ignorant that statement sounds because it should be extremely obvious to everybody who reads it.

No offense, but if English is not your first language, then at least make an effort to make a statement that makes sense. "You all" have not caused anything. Those in power over "you all" have done all the damage. "You all" cringe at the thought of what our leaders have done over the years.
edit on 30-10-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

Not only this, but anyone, anywhere in the world, given certain circumstances, could have family or friends living in any other country. The people need to become unglued somehow and in ways great and small, depending on circumstances, make noticeable stands against the corruption. However, they're pretty much out of loop, its the guys at the top doing all of it.

They're safe right now. Its the ones with no power that are at risk.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ALL!! ***

This thread will NOT serve as venue to bash the USA or to share your anti-American sentiments.

Our American friends are going through a tough time due to the bad weather. If you are enjoying that, then don't share your enjoyment on ATS as your post will be removed.

As with any other thread on ATS: If you don't have anything productive to add to this thread, then move on to the next one.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

I thought the shark photo was real too..has it been proven fake? I was watching a local Philadelphia feed online (Im from there) and they showed it..but didn't really go into detail about.Hmmm. Now I'm curious. I'm going to have to go find out.

ETA: For those interested this is the photo

www.inquisitr.com...

I can only find it on a handful of sites..plus the feed I saw it on. I'm going to go with it's probably fake.
edit on 30-10-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

That's my Nanna Hawkiye.....she said if my grandson helped build it, it'll stand the test of time. Gave me the camera, and off sh went, no body can tell this woman no Love you Nan xx

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
and people are trying to say this hurricane is all hype

my friend at school's parents are sending him messages telling him this might be the last time he hears from them.
some people are totally f$##$@ and people have no idea...
my prayers and love go out to anyone enduring the worst.

Sending messages that this might be the last time he hears from them ? I mean really ? Drama much ? The fact is , people had a warning of at least a few days that this storm is coming and where it will hit .. And there is almost no excuse (unless you are immobilized or other way stuck due to unforeseen consequences) to be still in the area of the impact ..

You will say "but the house , looters , etc.." .. NO this is also not an excuse to stay. And if somebody values their property more than their life then sorry but they deserve what happens. Either You are prepared for what is coming (food , tools, training, etc) or you evacuate , period.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Manhatten, New York

New York Subway under water

Manhatten Bridge

Ground Zero under water

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

It's just a tropical storm. Come on.

Australia and other Pacific nations go through crap twice as bad as this. Most of the urban flood pics would just be flash flooding caused by drain clogging.
edit on 30-10-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

This was THREE storms that have merged over an area over 1/3rd the United States. There are damage reports in Ohio, strong winds and 1-2 inch an hour snow warnings in different parts of Kentucky. New York is a true disaster as anyone listening to the Police and Emergency Services dispatch knows all too well. This has and continues to be the real deal and one hell of a mess.

If playing it down was a guessing game before, it's not now. The sun is coming up and the damage is becoming clear. At least one levee is busted with multiple towns involved and mention of a Dam, if not the same thing. I listened to two different calls last night over the New York City-Wide Emergency channels of people trapped inside attics, Katrina style, with rising water as they called.

This is bad guys... Lets see how bad when there have been some decent aerial surveys. Shouldn't be too long after light, I'd imagine.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
HAVE A CRY ABOUT IT

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Feel free to share yours! This is just the beginning!

NORTH CAROLINA

Whose the nut job on the pier?

Hopefully my ex wife!

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
There are some seriously mentally ill people on ATS who take sick pleasure in bashing those who are going through this, or making sick jokes at the expense of others. Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Take a look at this guys.... At least as of this time.

National Winds

The entire eastern 1/3 of the nation is converging wind into one spot. It's like a true hurricane still turning over so much of our nation. It must be one hell of a ride under where all that it focused right now.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
There are some seriously mentally ill people on ATS who take sick pleasure in bashing those who are going through this, or making sick jokes at the expense of others. Shame on you.

I agree. Completely. I absolutely do hope those making fun of the suffering right now and apparently having fun at the expense of millions understand they are going to be remembered after today for what is being said today. I can't say there are many things that would be true with either. Seeming to find enjoyment in the hard suffering of others sure hits it though, doesn't it?
edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join