It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whysoseries420
reply to post by Destinyone

Get your hearing checked or buy better headphones!

My hearing is fine I think you need to finish getting your 20 post minimum done, start your own thread with this stuff.... jmoho

BTW, are you in the NY area...just curious....

Des
edit on 31-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Whysoseries420
reply to post by Destinyone

Get your hearing checked or buy better headphones!

My hearing is fine I think you need to finish getting your 20 post minimum done, start your thread with this stuff.... jmoho

Des

Yea well i am working on it

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

300K Gallons of Diesel Fuel Leak in Arthur Kill The diesel fuel is leaking from the Motiva oil tank facility

Crews are working to contain a major oil spill in Arthur Kill between Staten Island and Woodbridge, N.J. Around 300,000 gallons of diesel fuel have leaked from the Motiva oil tank facility, according to the Coast Guard. Two hundred responders are trying to contain the spill. It's not clear if the spill was moving south toward Raritan Bay, where there is a large clamming industry, or north toward Newark Bay, where the Port Authority of New York/New Jersey has a port facility.

Source

NEW YORK (AP) — The head of New York City's Health and Hospitals Corporation says it may take two to three weeks to get Bellevue Hospital up and running again. The Manhattan hospital was in the process Wednesday of evacuating hundreds of its patients due to storm damage. It still has more than two feet of water in the basement, where fuel pumps are located. That means they couldn't readily get fuel to the backup generators upstairs. None of the elevators are working. The patients are being taken to hospitals all over the city.

Source
edit on 31-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members, haven't been able to post in awhile but after 4 days of no electricity, I was awoken by a light. Not the sunlight but from my computer! The only thing keeping us updated was an old battery operated radio I was able to get working, had to rig it with a coat hanger and only had about 2 stations but it was the best i could do. Hurricane Sandy was by far the worst storm I ever experienced and living in New York I've had my fair share. Now where i reside about an hour upstate from the city, flooding was not really a high concern but the winds and falling trees could have been devastating. Luckily no trees hit the house and the family only had to deal with no power, and really cold nights. I feel as though i should not be complaining about anything see all the destruction up and down the coastal areas, especially New York City a place that was a second home, a place my father fought fires for 30 years, was basically shut down. Also New Jersey, where we spent so many summers at the shore, walking the board walk, crab fishing, amusement parks up in seaside, all these places almost non existent now. What I do know is New Yorkers are some tough SOB's and will get through this and become even stronger. There has been tremendous support though out the country and world, if this can continue New York will be back in no time. One last thing is I'd like to thank you ATS, for showing great concern and great generosity for the people being affected by this storm, we're not just a bunch of conspiracy nuts we're humans who love and care with admiration for the truth. Thank you for the support and those still being affected by this know you have family and friends on their way to help.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Hudson Valley is running out of gas. People from the city and New Jersey are coming up north because they can't get gas either. I've passed 20 gas stations. A quarter are jut plain out. The rest have lines dozens are cars long with hour waits. People are fighting, accidents all over due to idiots in the road. This is insane.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I know it's been crazy. I went out towards Middletown, lines are almost on the road if they have gas everywhere else is ran up dry. People are going nuts for gas/oil for generators and cars. Going to be a really long week, thankfully we got our power back this morning.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You can only prepare so much.
Gas is the hardest commodity to get during situations like this.
Alot of those small generators usually have a tank that holds a few gallons.
And you might get 8 to 10 hours out of them.

Thinking about getting one of those big 100 gallon tanks to store fuel like we had on the farm.

You guys stay safe and thank you for keeping us informed.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

I used to live in Saybrook, now in Mentor. We got hit very hard here. By far the worst storm I've ever experienced. Hope you and yours are faring well.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Buckle up for the bumpy ride! This model is showing another storm coming through Nov. 6th.

I pray for all of the people going through this.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Buckle up for the bumpy ride! This model is showing another storm coming through Nov. 6th.

I pray for all of the people going through this.

I swear someone is up to something with this weather stuff.

Election day storm.
Hey,no worries you maybe out of gas ,food and electricity,but I put money on it those polls will be open with free cookies.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Perhaps the cabal/illuminati/whatever can see that many many many people all over the globe are waking up. This is a measure to ensure that everyone is totally focussed on salvaging and rebuilding their lives. The next storm will be - just to be sure - that the people have not gathered enough strength to think about the elections.

Anyone who cannot see that co-incidence is not a valid concept anymore - is going to get themselves caught in an awful life. I can see clearly all the microchips being inserted - lots more vaccines - lots more mental illness being diagnosed and absolutely no freedom of thought let alone speech.

The recent storm, Sandy and more on the way - how convenient for those in power and in the know. I feel for all the people who cannot see what is happening and more so for those that can.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Really??????????

People are dumpster diving in NYC .

Sandy-Starved New Yorkers Dumpster Dive Homes and businesses in the Lower East Side and East Village are still without power and under water. Residents began dumpster diving outside a Key Food supermarket Thursday, looking for whatever food they can take. Jonathan Vigliotti reports.

www.nbcnewyork.com...#!/on-air/as-seen-on/Sandy-Starved-New-Yorkers-Dumpster-Dive/176839571

Where is fema and the rest of the government with food?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

FEMA and Government won't do anything good for people unless there are cameras around to film it so they get more credit/votes/money. The sooner people realize the Government is only there when they need you and not the other way around, the sooner we the people will have our real country back.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I finally found a gas station with only a half hour wait. I have pictures of several other crazy places ill post later. Filled up the tank. I can't believe this. People are saying there won't be gas for days once it runs out tonight. And it's everywhere.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
if fema were to do something about this, they'd be here already - i can assure everyone that if they are involved in any way with rescue efforts here, we would have definitely seen obvious signs already.

it's now thursday, and for those that experienced a power outage here in brooklyn are still, for the most part, without power. on the one hand it seems like people are trying to return to their businesses and daily routine, but there are still no trains to and from manhattan to the other burroughs, and now brooklyn is almost completely running out of gas. i would assume that this is in part due to the oil spill in Arthur Kill.

i tried coming up to one gas station just to ask how they were doing and if they heard anything about when they'd be able to get their pumps up and running again, and they treated me as if i was about to start robbing the place. all i got out of them was that they absolutely do not know when their services will again be available. vibes are weird, people are getting way more tense.

also, those looters posing as con ed that i was talking about earlier? i'm getting a lot of fresh local reports around here claiming cops are telling certain local neighborhoods to not open their doors to anyone posing as con ed.

in a more minimal way, people have already started stealing petty things like car tires from random cars parked on the road. my uncle got all four of his taken just yesterday, and his was behind a private gate.

i rrrrreally hope bloomberg's got more tricks in his hat that we're not seeing yet. the rescue applications on the federal level have literally been nearly non existent. the only people i'm seeing help one another here are all local nypd and fire departments.

also.. what is this i'm seeing about another storm here on the 6th? can anyone provide a source that verifies this potential storm? if this is happening again to an already crippled city, then it's definitely time for a solid exit strategy. any clarification on this would be very much appreciated!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by facedye

also.. what is this i'm seeing about another storm here on the 6th? can anyone provide a source that verifies this potential storm? if this is happening again to an already crippled city, then it's definitely time for a solid exit strategy. any clarification on this would be very much appreciated!

This is all I have...............

forecast.weather.gov...

Doodle,you didn't provide a link.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by facedye

Right now MSM is not reporting anything going in NYC, people are getting tired, and stress is probably at it's peak. If media outlets are ignoring the reports of looting there is no way they will announce another storm is on the way or you know what will hit the fan. I'm about an hour upstate from you and people are coming down here looking for gas and almost every station is dried up. I'm hoping something get's done soon for the people in all the boroughs but things are not looking up right now. I now heard from a couple different people outside of ATS about a storm next week, i hope it's not true but try to brace yourself if it is, and most importantly be as safe and cautious as possible. Good luck my friend.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Please please pardon me! It is the 8th not 6th.

www.ecmwf.int...!Wind%20850%20and%20mslp!168!North%20America!pop!od!oper!public_pl ots!2012110112!!/
link here
You have to pay for some of the fancy stuff, but you can get the idea. Choose N. America on the left side on Nov. 8th you can see the storm over the north east.
edit on Thu Nov 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt tio fix link

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I made a seperate thread with pictures for this new issue from hurricane Sandy.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Somehow, even with as bad as it already is, I just can't shake the feeling that we've only just begun. With all of the standing water, soon we will begin to see disease popping up everywhere.

All we can do is hope for the best. Seems to me that if we are going to pull through this with minimal casualties then we, the citizens, are going to have to pull together and help one another because from the sounds of it the government has all but abandoned its people yet again.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46 >>

join