It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 41
150
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Did Crakeur check in? I am sure he is without power.


I finally heard from my family in NJ! Lots of houses washed away and storm damaged. They are fine though and that is all that matters at this point.

Still sending my prayers out for those that have to recover from this....




posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer
 

That's a bit east and south of us.
Those poor souls have had rain for the last two-three days...the front that collided with Sandy being responsible.....so all that extra ground water and the high winds


While the winds had died down some...the barometer is still falling here in SE Michigan.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Did Crakeur check in? I am sure he is without power.


I was think of that too.

Also wondering about Nixie-Nox & Antar. I haven't seen anything from them this morning.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
downtown #baltimore checking in

Although we didn't get hit like NY and NJ thankfully, I have pretty substantial damage here. Wind took out windows on the back side of my second floor, and the water in my basement eventually got about shin deep and has now receded back to ankle deep. The source of the water was not a storm surge, but heavy rain in an unfortunate direction that flooded everybody in my neighborhoods basements.

I'm good, no injuries, but it's time to begin cleaning up.

A friend in queens lost her house in the fire cluster that destroyed between 80 and 85 homes.

Friend in Harlem is safe & sound.

Friend in Brooklyn took on MAJOR water damage to her first floor and basement.

Prayers...

Everybody else good??



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by facedye
 



i'm already hearing confirmed reports of people posing as con ed workers around brighton beach burglarizing people's homes. if anybody's reading this around the brooklyn area, your best bet is to stay inside for the time being.


Seriously?? This is how it begins, a few people start talking about crime and then everyone is talking about it, until we all find out its not true.

If the area that you live in needs Con Ed, then its Con Ed, if not then its you neighbors (who you should be able to recognize) as there is NO WAY that "burglars " have some magical way to go long distances, with Con Ed uniforms couple of hours after the hurricane... come on!!

I added a link to local news all over NYC, and I will link it again, they will tell you if there is "crime"....
Jeez!
New York 1 News All Boroughs
www.ny1.com...

Peace, NRE.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
don't believe all the things you're hearing. there's been a bunch of false tweets and other reports surrounding the storm.
like last night's flooded stock exchange, not everything is true.

while I would expect there's going to be some crime, for the most part, the city is as it always is only there's limited power and the stores are mostly closed.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
don't believe all the things you're hearing. there's been a bunch of false tweets and other reports surrounding the storm.
like last night's flooded stock exchange, not everything is true.

while I would expect there's going to be some crime, for the most part, the city is as it always is only there's limited power and the stores are mostly closed.


Look out your door and lemme know if the crane held up..



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan
 


you can bend people on the east coast but you cant break them it seems good to see some one is still having a sense of humor



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As a side (and I suppose slightly humurous) note; After watching CNN for a couple hours, seeing the terrible devastation, I decided to flip it over to CTV news to see what they were reporting; and what they were reporting was a story about a Deer caught in heavy Hurricane surf (Who made its way to shore eventually). Gotta love Canadian News, eh?



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
Is this thing over and done for us or are we having more harsh weather later today? I'm just wondering because at least here flooding is minimal and everything's calm now but the clouds are still overcast so it makes me wonder if we're in store for more or not.



Sandy is far too massive to be over right now, more so as the northern arctic winds come bearing down to intermingle with the warm tropical high speeds, and worse as it moves slowly.

There will be some parts within states that will not feel the full impact of this strange storm, but there will be others that have yet to feel the FULL FORCE of it. Last night was only a rehersal.

Tonight will be a long night. May there be a curfew after 6pm, as that's when the storm system and most powerful part will strike. The winds, rains, floods and snow may had died down now, but it will pick up again when the strong part of the storm hovers over coastal and low pressure areas coincide,

Let no emergency rescue team, maintenance crew, or civilian walking his dog be caught at such times. All those whom are not in safe zones must stay away from glass windows as the winds will be very strong. Each life is precious.

Take care.




posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The shear size of this storm was(is ?) jaw-dropping. When it started in the east coast, we were having wind gusts of 30 mph in Ontario. Not much when one considers what those in the east are(were) enduring, but considering the distance from the storm itself, still amazing. Hope everyone is safe and sound



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just to give an idea of how far reaching this storm has been. This picture is from Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI (just North of Chicago).







We just don't see waves like that here.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Left Side of the eye will get the most rain and sometimes more damage.

Gulf Coast Resident..



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
 


you're coming a little too close to implying that i'm making things up. do you live here? do you personally know people in the brighton beach area? because i do, and this is exactly what they had told me to look out for. this is a live sandy thread right? where people post information that others in the afflicted areas can find useful. that's exactly what i was doing, to try and keep others in the brooklyn area aware. seriously, what was the point of that post? you think i'm going to be fear mongering for no reason when i live right here and have been giving live updates all night long?

reevaluate your analysis. you're picking the wrong line of conversation.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected.

Hopefully peoples humanity will prevail when so very many are suffering and in need.
I am pretty far removed, but if there is anything that can be done from a distance I would love to help somehow.The Red Cross is always a good place to send help.I read last night that there will be an obvious need for warm clothing, especially kids.If anyone can provide me with a good on the ground mailing address, I can easily send a box, if they are able to get it to where it is needed.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by facedye
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
 


you're coming a little too close to implying that i'm making things up. do you live here? do you personally know people in the brighton beach area? because i do, and this is exactly what they had told me to look out for. this is a live sandy thread right? where people post information that others in the afflicted areas can find useful. that's exactly what i was doing, to try and keep others in the brooklyn area aware. seriously, what was the point of that post? you think i'm going to be fear mongering for no reason when i live right here and have been giving live updates all night long?

reevaluate your analysis. you're picking the wrong line of conversation.



CBS was reporting robberies and etc last night.. AND it was scrolled on the ticker. Basically a lot of folks stayed home and didnt evacuate due to the robberies they experienced during the last storm and power outtage. They interviewed some live that were staying.. and they told of the past and present crime going on. In every disaster there are opportunists. TO deny it is ridiculous.

The twitter stuff calling for the "flash mobs" going into certain parts of the city is true, but no flash mobs reported by the news that Ive seen. However, even here in my town.. certain things are ignored by the media and youre told whats important and whats not. One part of town may be free of crime and all helping eachother, then the other part is looting and under he gun. I guess to discount one persons experience by only looking at your own is pretty foolish to do .
Here when we had a weather related issue.. the robberies and looting were separated by only a few streets. Folks in my part of the neighborhood were acting like we lived in some community minded utopia while ignoring the smoke from a home burning a few blocks away due to looters burning it down. Go figure!
As they say on Sesame Street : Thats about the size, where you put your eyes, thats about the size of it.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by facedye
 


thank you for this. I can't do much since I am not there to help my family. My sister is in Brooklyn and has friends in that area. I told her via crap book, and I feel better for giving her the heads up. There is no reason you would make that up IMO. Thank you.

If you have any more updates on the Brooklyn area, upper Manhattan, or Westchester, I would be very grateful. All I can do is relay information, and this helps. I feel at least like we are being pro-active, and for me, keeps me from going insane.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao
reply to post by facedye
 


thank you for this. I can't do much since I am not there to help my family. My sister is in Brooklyn and has friends in that area. I told her via crap book, and I feel better for giving her the heads up. There is no reason you would make that up IMO. Thank you.

If you have any more updates on the Brooklyn area, upper Manhattan, or Westchester, I would be very grateful. All I can do is relay information, and this helps. I feel at least like we are being pro-active, and for me, keeps me from going insane.


Dunno, maybe this will be of help. www.scannermaster.com...
www.dxzone.com...

I had a bunch up last night.. forgot to give the links tho! Just google live police scanner and whatever area youre looking for.

Right now the fire dept is discussing the crane BTW..
edit on 30-10-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi guys, hope people are safe and sound

I'm supposed to fly into JFK on Thursday for a long weekend, staying in a hotel in Manhattan. I haven't heard anything from my travel agent as yet if flight cancelled or hotel not functional.....i will call them tomorrow...now I've read and listened and seen all the horrible pics on the news channels (i'm in Europe) and my question to u guys out there is: should I risk it or not??



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenP
Hi guys, hope people are safe and sound

I'm supposed to fly into JFK on Thursday for a long weekend, staying in a hotel in Manhattan. I haven't heard anything from my travel agent as yet if flight cancelled or hotel not functional.....i will call them tomorrow...now I've read and listened and seen all the horrible pics on the news channels (i'm in Europe) and my question to u guys out there is: should I risk it or not??


I cant answer the other part of your question, but I do know 15000+ overseas flights( outgoing and incoming) have been cancelled.. indefinitely. They're still assessing things.




top topics



 
150
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

log in

join