It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatian Teen Reportedly Wakes Up From Coma Speaking Fluent German

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting. A girl woke up after a 24 hour coma with little apparent knowledge of her native tongue and could speak fluent German. Pretty weird considering its documented and real. Makes you wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes and what human consciousness is really capable of.

Doctor's are baffled by a 13-year-old Croatian girl who fell into a coma - and woke speaking fluent German. The girl's parents said their daughter had only just started studying German at school and had been trying to read German books and watch German television, but had been struggling with the language. Since waking from a 24-hour coma, thought to be caused by high body heat, the girl has been able to speak German at a far higher level than before - and unable to speak Croatian. The case has shocked Croatian doctors at Split's KB Hospital. German speaking doctors have had to be brought in to assist with the case. Psychiatric expert Doctor Mijo Milas who has been involved in the case told the Daily Mail, "In earlier times this would have been referred to as a miracle, we prefer to think that there must be a logical explanation - its just that we haven't found it yet."

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 26-10-2012 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Very interesting... I always worry about things like this that they are staged for publicity, but if true, it boggles my mind to just imagine all the things we don't really know about anything. However, you'd think that they would have found something about this since it happened 2 years ago. Weird.
edit on 26-10-2012 by TommyG because: typo

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I can see it now...

Want to learn a new language in 24 hours? Forget expensive software! Introducing:

Rosetta Coma!

That's right, we medically induce a coma via high body temperature, and you wake up fluent in whatever language you want -- even Klingon!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Psychiatric expert Doctor Mijo Milas who has been involved in the case told the Daily Mail, "In earlier times this would have been referred to as a miracle, we prefer to think that there must be a logical explanation - its just that we haven't found it yet."

Yes. The typical materialist mantra.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSkeptiko

Psychiatric expert Doctor Mijo Milas who has been involved in the case told the Daily Mail, "In earlier times this would have been referred to as a miracle, we prefer to think that there must be a logical explanation - its just that we haven't found it yet."

Yes. The typical materialist mantra.

What is your explanation for it?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by akiros
What is your explanation for it?

Heres my explanation for the thread. The incident happened roughly 2 years ago so I'm sure someone would have already tried to explain what happened. When you go to the link, check the date of the article.

Here in 2010
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because this is new to me also I will give an opinion.

The girl was exposed to German language prior to the coma. Its not like she awoke from the coma without previous knowledge of the language. If she wasn't studying German and done the same, then it woud be a massive mystery.
edit on 27-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Even if this was true it's not very interesting. There's no shortage of Croatians that speak German, those two countries share a history...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Perhaps there is psychic knowledge and when we enter a temporary coma we can learn from it...somehow?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
hmm.. pretty sure I've heard this story before? Well not not this one in particular but I'm pretty sure I have heard of someone waking up from a coma speaking another language..

anyone?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
Even if this was true it's not very interesting. There's no shortage of Croatians that speak German, those two countries share a history...

yeah because Croatians speaking German is what's interesting here...

I think it's of the same strand or facet of whatever makes one behavioral trait of one species on one hemisphere of the globe permeate to the same species on the other side of the planet without physical contact. This is what the doctor was speaking of. Inexplicable yet SLIGHTLY understandable.

She obviously had the WILL to learn, maybe that has something to do with it.
edit on 28-10-2012 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is something that I don't understand and doesn't readily fit into my neatly packaged world view so it is either

A. NOT TRUE

or

B. A MIRICLE FROM GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF!

It is certainly not

C. Something with a scientific explination which we have yet to discover because our level of "science" has not yet fully mapped out nor do we have a complete understanding of the human brain.

No, definately not "C"!
NOT TRUE or MIRACLE!
That's it.

Choose one.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wonder what accent she would have(dialect?) Plus slang, I know different areas have their own little twist on words too.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
This is something that I don't understand and doesn't readily fit into my neatly packaged world view so it is either

A. NOT TRUE

or

B. A MIRICLE FROM GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF!

It is certainly not

C. Something with a scientific explination which we have yet to discover because our level of "science" has not yet fully mapped out nor do we have a complete understanding of the human brain.

No, definately not "C"!
NOT TRUE or MIRACLE!
That's it.

Choose one.

It couldn't be that the dendrites formed a stronger bond in the language center of her brain? Strong memories and learned skills are formed that way.

top topics

join