It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Obama Says He Wants Wind Turbines 'Manufactured Here in China'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by jibeho
Freudian slip?? The Chinese were dominating the Wind market for the bulk of Obama's term. It wasn't until the end of the Summer when we finally started getting tough with tariffs on Chinese Wind turbine components.

So you are saying that there was a problem and Obama fixed it. At least you are honest about it.

It only took him three years to address the problem (NOT FIX) during an election cycle. It was always a problem that he just ignored in favor of other issues non essential to the health of our economy. ie. Obamacare.

Still got a long way to go to fix all of the problems that our country has with China. What will happen when they finally call in their debt for payment....?? Obama would rather just keep borrowing from them....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

but remember, Biden always says what he means.....he said that in the debate multiple times lol....

he really is good for comedic value.....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Okay I'm going to stop you right here, the president has no control over gas prices. You call people "sheeple" then go on to tout about Obama's failure to keep the price of oil down; how ironic.

Tell me, is Obama the head of Exxon or any other major oil company?

No?

Correct!

Okay, so since he is not in charge of any major oil company, how can he impact the price of oil? Oh right, he can't. This is why we need to invest in alternative energy sources.

edit on 25-10-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: Typo

When gas prices hit $4 a gallon in 2008, candidate Barack Obama said it was due to previous failed energy policies. Now that prices are heading still higher, President Obama calls it progress.

Tell me, is Obama the head of Exxon or any other major oil company?

Look at the Campaign Contributions, Follow The Money!
previous failed energy policies. Is The Presidents Policies Correct or Not? So,,, Obama's at Fault!

And while in office, Obama's done everything he can to limit production — slow-walking offshore permits, killing the Keystone XL pipeline, making it even harder to get oil out of federal lands. Instead of aggressively expanding oil production, he offered a set of ridiculous alternatives — hugely wasteful "green" energy subsidies, a call for a million electric cars by 2014 and costly fuel economy mandates that won't make a dent in consumption for decades. With gas prices up 93% since Obama took office, we're seeing just how well this approach works.

news.investors.com...
I suppose you believe this message as well.

“Exxon is making $40 billion a year, and we’re paying $3.50 for gas,” Obama says in the ad, claiming he doesn’t “take money from oil companies.” According to financial disclosure records, Obama has received almost $80,000 from one oil company (BP) alone. He has also received more money from BP employees, as well as the company’s PAC, than any other candidate over the past 20 years.

freebeacon.com...

Yes, let's listen to the Hypocrisy from the Spoke person on the Left.

These people are shameless. Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton and Debbie Wasserman Schultz attacked George W. Bush for high gas prices back in 2008.

Even back in 2006 Democrats were politicizing gas prices and the economy when gas was $3 dollar a gallon and the unemployment rate was 5%. The New York Times reported, via Free Republic :

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

All Obama has done is Lie and Bankrupt America!

edit on 25-10-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Freudian slip?? The Chinese were dominating the Wind market for the bulk of Obama's term. It wasn't until the end of the Summer when we finally started getting tough with tariffs on Chinese Wind turbine components.

So you are saying that there was a problem and Obama fixed it. At least you are honest about it.

It only took him three years to address the problem (NOT FIX) during an election cycle.

It's called prioritizing. I know, I know, Obama didn't fix EVERYTHING on "Day One" like Romney repeatedly says he will do. If Romney wins the election, I can not wait to author a thread discussing all of his "Day One" broken promises...he will have broken more promises on day one than Obama broke in four years.

Romney's Day One promises:

ENERGY
- Approve construction of the Keystone XL pipeline (and perhaps build it with his own bare hands)
- Sign an executive order boosting drilling

HEALTH CARE
- Sign an executive order that would pave the way to end Obamacare

IMMIGRATION
- Get started on a long-term plan to solve the problem of undocumented immigration
- Drop the lawsuit against Arizona for its measure cracking down on undocumented immigration

INTERNATIONAL
- Sign an executive order sanctioning China for unfair trade practices
- Reinstate the "Mexico City Policy," which bans U.S. funds from going to international family planning organizations that provide abortions

ECONOMY
- Submit a jobs package to Congress containing five bills and demand that the legislature act on them in 30 days:

Reduce the corporate income tax rate to 25 percent

Reinstate the president’s Trade Promotion Authority to facilitate negotiation of new trade agreements

Explore opening more land for drilling

Look at taking federal programs and returning responsibility to the states

Cut non-security discretionary spending in the federal budget by 5 percent

OTHER
- Sign an executive order immediately eliminating Obama-era regulations that "unduly burden the economy or job creation"
- Fight to repeal Davis-Bacon Act, which requires that workers are paid prevailing wages on public works projects
- Sit down with Democrats and Republicans

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 25-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Behold! Obama and Biden in classic form. Guess which one is Biden

edit on 25-10-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It only took him three years to address the problem (NOT FIX) during an election cycle.

It's called prioritizing. I know, I know, Obama didn't fix EVERYTHING on "Day One" like Romney repeatedly says he will do. If Romney wins the election, I can not wait to author a thread discussing all of his "Day One" broken promises...he will have broken more promises on day one than Obama broke in four years.

I like your optimism!!!! May I infer that Obamacare was more important than our economy to Obama based on his "prioritizing" ??

Up side...Obama and Romney may tie in the electoral vote. Then the House picks the President and the Senate picks the VP. A Romney Biden White House. Wow!! Four more years of Bidenisms...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I like your optimism!!!! May I infer that Obamacare was more important than our economy to Obama based on his "prioritizing" ??

Of course it was more important....it was something that had failed to be passed in, what, 80+ years. He had the numbers in congress to go for it. Jobs, well jobs are (or should be) a bipartisan issue, but nope...the Republican's in the HOR blocked every jobs bill that even thought about touching the floor.

Of course hindsight is 20/20...but any sane person would have thought that a jobs bill could be achieved at any point....it was never a problem before Obama was elected.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Of course it was more important....it was something that had failed to be passed in, what, 80+ years. He had the numbers in congress to go for it. Jobs, well jobs are (or should be) a bipartisan issue, but nope...the Republican's in the HOR blocked every jobs bill that even thought about touching the floor.

Of course hindsight is 20/20...but any sane person would have thought that a jobs bill could be achieved at any point....it was never a problem before Obama was elected.

Funny how you mention bipartisan issues. Something Obamacare was not!!... Do a little reading on how Obama has backed all over Bart Stupak, the man who cast the deciding vote. Obama gave him a line of BS in exchange for his vote.

STupak was used..

Two and a half years ago, I sat in a small storage room on the fourth floor of the Cannon Building to begin negotiations between the Obama Administration and a group of Pro-Life Democratic Members of Congress. These Democratic Members, myself included, formed a small handful of critical votes necessary to secure passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, National Health Care legislation.

These negotiations took place without the glare and scrutiny of the national media. No staff members were present, and discussions were honest, frank, and respectful. These negotiations, held several times throughout the weekend, resulted in Executive Order 13535, signed by President Obama, and upheld the principles contained in the 40 year old Hyde Amendment which prohibits the use of taxpayer dollars to fund abortions. The Executive Order also reaffirmed the “conscience clause” which states that no person or institution can be forced to accept, provide or comply with health care policies or medical procedures contrary to their religious and moral beliefs.

Upon his signing of the Executive Order, President Obama assured me this was an “iron-clad agreement”. Until this time, the Obama Administration has kept its word and has faithfully upheld the Executive Order. On three different occasions the Administration held true to this agreement as it implemented new national health care legislation. Each time a state or entity applied for funds or agreed to participate in a program under the new law, the applicant was required to comply with the provisions of the Executive Order. This included states applying for funding in the national high-risk pool, requests for funding and services by Community Health Centers, and the awarding of HHS grants.

I am, therefore, perplexed and disappointed with the recent mandate put forth by HHS requiring faith-based employers to provide contraceptive coverage in their health care plans, including birth control, use of the RU-486 morning after pill, and contraceptive services resulting in the abortion of embryos.

www.democratsforlife.org...:bart-stupak-on-contraception-mandate&catid=24&Itemid=205

OK I'm way off topic... Sorry about that...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Pleassssssssssssssse!
Look whose calling me a Troll,,,,,,LeatherNLace and sealing.
I know the Truth Hurts,,, I know it brings a Bad Light Upon Your Messiah,,,, But come on,,,, after work there in the Basement in D.C.,,,,,, Don't you have a beer with the other guys and gals and just feel ashamed?

Now don't forget Obama's other Green Job Promises and how Fruitful they were.

OpEd: $525M to Solyndra solar panels, a big Obama donor Obama promised he was going to create millions of so-called "green collar" jobs. He used that promise to justify his massive government giveaway of billions of taxpayers' dollars to green energy companies. We're now seeing the results of Obama's promise big government scheme. Solyndra, a US solar panel company, turned out to be a total bust. They were selling $6 solar panels for $3. It doesn't take a genius to realize that's a loser of a business model. But Solyndra's owner, billionaire George Kaiser, had an inside connection with Obama: Kaiser was a big Obama donor and one of the president's campaign fundraiser "bundlers." So the Obama administration fast-tracked a $535 million federally guaranteed loan. Obama believed so much in Kaiser and Solyndra that the made a big public relations event singing the praises of Solyndra & green jobs. Predictably, the company went bankrupt, its 1,100 workers lost their jobs, & the American taxpayer got the shaft, to the tune of over half a billion dollars

www.ontheissues.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

That is reaching. After four years of Presidency and months of campaigning and now doing three states a day, there is going to be a slip up.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by NavyDoc

That is reaching. After four years of Presidency and months of campaigning and now doing three states a day, there is going to be a slip up.

Just how Presidential as he been? The only thing he's done is what he and his Campaign Donors have wanted to be done, Like,,, an unpopular healthcare plan and green energy, nothing more. OH, pushing a Chevy Volt on the American People by keeping fuel cost high.

Months of Campaigning? Just how many months is that? Would you say as long as he's been President?
Well then, if that tired him out to the point of not knowing what Country he's in,,,,, I really don't want him answering the 0300 phone call,,,, do you?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Every time the government prints money it shouldn't, the value of the dollar goes down, and being how oil is traded on the dollar, the price of oil goes up. Now last I checked, the prez has something to do with the government.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

he meant he wants those things in china, but he wants them to be manufactured here. Commas are everything....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's actually pretty self evident since he has stated before that he wants the manufacturing and trade to increase. He wants what is manufactured here to be sold to china instead of having things the other way around. He just didn't extrapolate and corrected the misconception that could have been drawn from the placement of his words.

This is a non-story

edit on 25-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
5 Flags? For what is obviously Obama
having a human moment. That's trolling.

He obviously didn't mean sending Turbine manufacturing to China.
But that's not what the threads for. It's all about the headline.
But you'll be fine, it's impossible to get a reprimand
Obama bashing.
Try it with Romney or better yet Ron Paul and see what happens.
But of course they have NEVER misspoke .

You know, you are right and this is choosing to play with Obama's words to 'Gotcha' him when he obviously didn't mean that. His literal next sentence contradicts it. In fairness to Obama AND Romney, these guys are running non-stop and in a non-stop blur of events, speeches and faces from what I've read about the races at this level. Screw ups happen.

The other video about Obama's energy statement in 2008 was no slip and the kind of thing needing focus. Playing with a tired candidates verbal flubs takes away from those other very valid points, IMO.

I'd also have a hell of a time not being a hypocrite in calling Dems on their cheesy quote games on Repubs..if a thing like this goes uncommented the other way. (Sorry to OP..) It does strike me as Semantics in this case.

That IS the point on your last line though. It *IS* done all the time by both sides and Paul was a near sport for taking out of context and gotcha games against him.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
'I want fuel efficient cars and long-lasting batteries and wind turbines manufactured here in China!'

perhaps he meant he wants the us to export these things to china

(I want fuel efficient cars and long-lasting batteries and wind turbines manufactured here (in the us) in China!)

he might have been assuming the audience knows where they are

edit on 25-10-2012 by aynock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Looking from outside your political system down here in Oz, I see this as a weak, insipid attempt to counter the facts of GOP reps stating that pregnancy from rape is "god's plan" and mitts boy wanting to deck obama showing how mitt really does have a pug side to him (possibly important when looking at o/s policy) and his running mate having opinions so far right wing that they make the tea party look left and having a GOP member on the science committee that openly states that science is spawned in the pits of hell. In other words, imo the OP is trying to deflect attention away from the fact that a romney win will take the US back to same old same old. Imagine having a party that would lead your country down the GWB path again. good luck!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If I only had a dollar for every stupid thing George Bush said unintentionally....Thy guy made a mistake I am just saying.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Reminds of the lefty rage over Romney's 47% remark. A remark that was stripped entirely of its context with a brand new meaning applied courtesy of the MSM and the White House via the daily talking points memo!!

The 47% comment is actually much much worse when you put it in full context.

You know, where he continues to call them lazy irresponsible people who leech off of the government.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join