It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Obama Says He Wants Wind Turbines 'Manufactured Here in China'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yes, The Head Line say's it all doesn't it. Speaking to a Supposedly Large gathering in Colorado on the Campaign Trail,,,,,,, In the back of Obama's mind, he's Campaigning in the 57th State in America, China!
Obama's Subconscious gave him away didn't it,,, Why would he offer to build Wind Turbines in Colorado knowing the Company would have to pay Above Minion Wages. All his other Green Energy Companies have Failed!

"I want to build on the progress we've made. Doubling clean energy. I want fuel efficient cars and long-lasting batteries and wind turbines manufactured here in China! I don't want them manufactured in China, I want them manufactured here in the United States!"

nation.foxnews.com...
Obama just said he wants wind turbines "manufactured here in China. "

OK, What Progress? Sheeple, Because of this Statement Here: I want fuel efficient cars and long-lasting batteries is the reason we are all paying at the Pump Higher Prices,,, You only need to go back to his statements he and his Energy adviser made in 08. They want fuel prices to be above $5.00 a gallon and Obama was upset only Because The Prices Raised To Fast!

But in a June 10, 2008 interview on CNBC with John Harwood, Obama clearly indicates that his problem with the high prices prevailing then was not that they are high, but that they ramped up too quickly. He talks about ways to mitigate the impact of high prices instead of ways to reduce them and suggests that the increase could be beneficial, saying, “we can come out of this stronger.”

www.whitehousedossier.com...

So, this President,,,, You Really Believe,,,,, Feels Your Pain

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

And in other news...Opps from 2008...my bad.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well at least we know "he means what he says, and says he means".

Maybe he'll throw the teleprompter under the bus?

If that ain't a Freudian slip, I don't know what is.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thread....reeks....of...desperation.....and...political....trolling

Here, let me requote Obama's quote that you quoted:

"I want to build on the progress we've made. Doubling clean energy. I want fuel efficient cars and long-lasting batteries and wind turbines manufactured here in China! I don't want them manufactured in China, I want them manufactured here in the United States!"

His point was obvious and clear. Why start a thread over something so petty? Bored? Partisan hack? Both?

edit on 25-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

His point was obvious and clear. Why start a thread over something so petty? Bored? Partisan hack? Both?

I agree with the freudian slip comment.

Partisan?

Sure... I'm a member of the All Of These Politicians are Corrupt party.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

No this thread reeks of hilarity and levity during a tense debate.........

Desperation? of WHAT? have you SEEN the polls?

Have you seen this presidents history the last 4 years?

If anyones desperate for anything its his campaign scrambling with his bad economy, libya gate and the news that came out yesterday, fast and furious, 10 percent unemployment, and the rising price of cost of living...

Oh theres desperation all right, desperation from the American people to get out from underneath this guy
edit on 25-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Okay I'm going to stop you right here, the president has no control over gas prices. You call people "sheeple" then go on to tout about Obama's failure to keep the price of oil down; how ironic.

Tell me, is Obama the head of Exxon or any other major oil company?

No?

Correct!

Okay, so since he is not in charge of any major oil company, how can he impact the price of oil? Oh right, he can't. This is why we need to invest in alternative energy sources.

edit on 25-10-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: Typo

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Speaking of Freud...

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Speaking of Freud...

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

except in the hands of bill clinton

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It was not clear. Even in your quote you preserved his error. Either a Freudian slip or a teleprompter failure, it still shows a lack of ability. Regardless, so far his green energy initiatives have turned out to be black holes for taxpayer dollars.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

His point was obvious and clear. Why start a thread over something so petty? Bored? Partisan hack? Both? Its the same way the libs made a big stink about the 47 % remark (Which BTW is the truth which nobody likes to hear).
Truth generally slips up when a person is trying to really hide it
Thats why it is important to listen what they babble during their busy moments making campaign speeches. Who the heck knows what his real intentions are with regards to the Chinese firms and energy sector IF he is re-elected?
edit on 25-10-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
With the failed Obama energy program investments, who could possibly trust the guy's word ever again ?

He keeps preaching and lecturing to who ?

The entire green program was designed to pay back the cronies.

The spoiled pork projects are getting greener alright.....just like the back sides of $100 bills.

List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies in the Billions

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Freudian slip?? The Chinese were dominating the Wind market for the bulk of Obama's term. It wasn't until the end of the Summer when we finally started getting tough with tariffs on Chinese Wind turbine components. Prior to the tariffs the Chinese were dumping their products in the US at a price below fair market value and even below the cost of production!! (govt. subsidies). That went on for 3 YEARS along with the same type of dumping in the Solar panel market.

Ten bucks says that IF Obama wins a second term the tariffs go away!!! Because Obama will have far more "flexibility" Just like he said he would with Putin... Plenty of flexibility when you're a dangerous lame duck

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
5 Flags? For what is obviously Obama
having a human moment. That's trolling.

He obviously didn't mean sending Turbine manufacturing to China.
But that's not what the threads for. It's all about the headline.
But you'll be fine, it's impossible to get a reprimand
Obama bashing.
Try it with Romney or better yet Ron Paul and see what happens.
But of course they have NEVER misspoke .

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

It was not clear.

Outside the conservative bubble, it was.

Either a Freudian slip or a teleprompter failure, it still shows a lack of ability.

Lack of ability? Like when he mopped the floor with Mittens, unscripted, in the last two debates?

Regardless, so far his green energy initiatives have turned out to be black holes for taxpayer dollars.

No risk, no reward. It's not like all of the green initiatives have failed. It only takes one good idea to make the whole initiative a success. Nonetheless, would Romney do any different? Here, let me help you answer that question...

From Romney's "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" article printed in the New York Times in 2008:

I believe the federal government should invest substantially more in basic research — on new energy sources, fuel-economy technology, materials science and the like — that will ultimately benefit the automotive industry, along with many others. I believe Washington should raise energy research spending to $20 billion a year, from the $4 billion that is spent today. The research could be done at universities, at research labs and even through public-private collaboration.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Freudian slip?? The Chinese were dominating the Wind market for the bulk of Obama's term. It wasn't until the end of the Summer when we finally started getting tough with tariffs on Chinese Wind turbine components.

So you are saying that there was a problem and Obama fixed it. At least you are honest about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Reminds of the lefty rage over Romney's 47% remark. A remark that was stripped entirely of its context with a brand new meaning applied courtesy of the MSM and the White House via the daily talking points memo!!

It's ok its just a gaffe and we're having a go at it... Kind of like when Biden, speaking Ohio yesterday, thought he was in Iowa.

Biden loves this stuff... the gaffes are his signature...

Marion, Ohio - With so many swing states to hit in so little time, Vice President Biden mistakenly referred to Ohio as Iowa while attacking Mitt Romney.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the guy who's running all the ads here in Iowa saying that he's going to get tough on China," Biden said. Problem was, he was at a high school in Ohio.

Biden, though, clearly knew which state he was in, having only minutes earlier joked he'd been in Ohio cities that sounded like "datin' and marryin" during his three-day swing through the state.

Sharing a conversation he had just wrapped up, Biden told the crowd an "Ohioan said, where are you coming from? And I said, Dayton. And he said, where are you going? I said, Marion. He said, I read in the paper you said you love Ohio. He said, that must be true; you've gone from Dayton Ohio, to Marion, Ohio."

Biden quipped, "I thought -- I'd never thought of that way. I didn't think I was marrying y'all."

The vice president was in rare form in Marion, doling out the Bidenisms with great relish.

Read more: politics.blogs.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join