It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Obama Says He Wants Wind Turbines 'Manufactured Here in China'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Okay I'm going to stop you right here, the president has no control over gas prices. You call people "sheeple" then go on to tout about Obama's failure to keep the price of oil down; how ironic.

Tell me, is Obama the head of Exxon or any other major oil company?

No?

Correct!

Okay, so since he is not in charge of any major oil company, how can he impact the price of oil? Oh right, he can't. This is why we need to invest in alternative energy sources.

edit on 25-10-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: Typo

The president can influence oil prices by his policies, for instance and more importantly, Big Oil loves this guy because he wants gas prices to go over $5 a gallon. Obama thought that by driving the prices way up this would stop people from driving, helping the environment, but that didn't happen. Everyone is still driving and its crushing the average Joe because he has to spend $2 more a gallon than he was four years ago. In both of my small businesses, a weekly newspaper (delivery of papers, traveling to report and take pictures of events) and on the weekends selling tee shirts and hoodies at craft shows, I'm spending on average $200 a week more on gas than I should be if prices were what they were four years ago at $1.82 per gallon. That's over $10,000 a year less in my pocket. The only people getting rich under Obama's high gas prices are Big Oil.

Big Oil is getting very rich under Obama and proof of this is the fact that gas prices just dropped 40 cents a gallon in my town in four days. This just prior to the election. Big Oil is now afraid that Obama may lose and they don't want that!

This is my first post by the way. Hello ATS!

Welcome to ATS. Nice way to get going. Great comment and I 100% agree.

.40 a gallon in 4 days is a BIG drop... but I'm sure it's just a coincidence (not)

ps. I am proud to give you your first star... see? It's just like being back in kindergarten

edit on 26-10-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Are you kidding me? And 17 flags for your thread, over a simple error? Talk about partisanship run amok!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
The line was obviously an error.

All the millions Romney made from investing in China weren't.

If you're going to attack Obama for saying "China"; to make China a dirty word, then you better attack Romney next for investing in China and getting millions in positive returns from China.

What's good for the goose and all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

So, you don't believe your Messiah, Obama as any interest in China as far as returns from monies invested?

"Mr. President, have you looked at your pension? Have you looked at your pension? Mr. President, have you looked at your pension?" Romney challenged.

In one of the debate's lighter moments, Obama countered, "I don't look at my pension. It's not as big as yours so it doesn't take as long. I don't check it that often."

"Let me give you some advice: Look at your pension. You also have investments in Chinese companies, you also have investments outside the United States," he said. On that score, Romney is likely correct. Many public pension funds have a diversified foreign investment portfolio that includes China. For instance, the California Public Employees Retirement System, or CalPERS, recently announced a $530 million investment in two real estate funds that target China.

UPDATE: PolitiFact, the fact-checking arm of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, has confirmed that Obama does participate in the Illinois pension fund, which was organized in the Cayman Islands and has interests in China.

www.cnbc.com...

Now that you've tried and Failed to make Romney the Bad Guy Here and Derail This Thread.
Your Messiah Obama as Money invested in China as well and Obama will be Collecting what you called Positive Returns,,,,,,,

Obama said exactly what he was thinking,,,,,, Buy from China,,,, The Chinese do not need our Wind Turbines.

edit on 26-10-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

That's totally what was meant. All the rest is election season trollery.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by guohua

Are you kidding me? And 17 flags for your thread, over a simple error? Talk about partisanship run amok!

Not Kidding and You're Jealous?
You're Slamming this thread for Partisanship?
Then who are you A Partisan Hack For??????

What mistake? He said what was om his mind,,,, or are you saying all the Crap, Bush took for simple error's was nothing more than,,,,,,, Simple Error's?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
reply to post by guohua

I actually read the Obama quote very differently, To me he was saying he wants the wind turbines manufactured in America and sold to China - that makes more sense when looking at his next sentence and if that is what he meant, then surely only the most rampant Obama hater would be able to say that would be a bad thing.... oh, sorry, forgot where I was for a moment.

You really believe that don't you? You really think China needs to buy Wind Turbines From America?
No, China does not need to buy Americas Turbines and pay the Inflated Cost for Labor and Shipping!

By the end of 2008, at least 15 Chinese companies were commercially producing wind turbines and several dozen more were producing components. Turbine sizes of 1.5 MW to 3 MW became common. Leading wind power companies in China were Goldwind, Dongfang Electric, and Sinovel along with most major foreign wind turbine manufacturers. China also increased production of small-scale wind turbines to about 80,000 turbines in 2008. Through all these developments, the Chinese wind industry appeared unaffected by the global financial crisis, according to industry observers. In 2010, China became the largest wind energy provider worldwide, with the installed wind power capacity reaching 41.8 GW at the end of 2010, but about a quarter of this was not connected to the grid. According to the Global Wind Energy Council, the development of wind energy in China, in terms of scale and rhythm, is absolutely unparalleled in the world. The National People's Congress permanent committee passed a law that requires the Chinese energy companies to purchase all the electricity produced by the renewable energy sector.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Republic_of_China

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Here's another one for you favoring the Chicoms
First it was Solyndra and now A123 Systems...all destined to be auctioned off/sold to Chicoms
So he halted the sale of 1 wind farm to the Chicoms....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If you don't think Obama isn't wealthy...well er.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hilarity always ensues when people try to defend a guy who CLEARLY can't tell the truth about anything, literally.

This man (Obama) either has a major case of the exaggeration blues or his entire political life is based around both deception and outright lies. His ENTIRE campaign promise was a lie, so was his foreign policy promise. His economic policies are unrealistically stupid and his constant optimism in the face of total defeat and failure is nauseating.

If you STILL, in this day and age, trust a politician with anything then you probably need your eyes, ears, nose and heart seen to. You're sure capable of absorbing a lot of bull# without blemish. Unashamedly so most times. If you feel you can defend your decision to back a tyrant to God, then by all means do it. Don't be surprised when you're rebuked for it.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
Thread....reeks....of...desperation.....and...political....trolling

Here, let me requote Obama's quote that you quoted:

"I want to build on the progress we've made. Doubling clean energy. I want fuel efficient cars and long-lasting batteries and wind turbines manufactured here in China! I don't want them manufactured in China, I want them manufactured here in the United States!"

His point was obvious and clear. Why start a thread over something so petty? Bored? Partisan hack? Both?

edit on 25-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

No this thread reeks of hilarity and levity during a tense debate.........

Desperation? of WHAT? have you SEEN the polls?

Have you seen this presidents history the last 4 years?

If anyones desperate for anything its his campaign scrambling with his bad economy, libya gate and the news that came out yesterday, fast and furious, 10 percent unemployment, and the rising price of cost of living...

Oh theres desperation all right, desperation from the American people to get out from underneath this guy
edit on 25-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

In what bizarro world is the economy worse than it was 4 years ago, on the precipice of literally ending the United States of America? Does anyone pay attention to facts anymore, or just Rush Limbaugh distortions of reality?

This is no golden age, and someone else (certainly not Romney and the PNAC crew) could have done better, but what polls are you asking if we've seen? Every serious analyst out there is expecting Romney to get crushed. Anyone who's seen the history these past 4 years knows that we've come a LONG way (not that the president ever has much to do with that - good or bad.) sure, the debt went up what, 40-50%? A far cry from the 300+% (if memory serves) of Reagan's administration. Guess what - the debt to GDP ratio leveled off under Obama - under aReagan and Bush Sr, it just grew and grew, and grew.

So we can say the Obama administration has failed, but only if we acknowledge that Reagan failed far worse. Otherwise, we lose all credibility with those who can read.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In this topic:

Conservatives high-fiving each other and talking about how much they hate Obama

Liberals claiming that it's desperation, ignoring the fact that they jump on every Romney gaff they get

The door swings both ways.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Or make that pathetic feminine face that he makes. You know kind of caring kind of pathetic.

What feminine face...what are you talking about? I'm confused

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Nevermind karen61057
I see you have been banned...it's about time! Nonetheless, I still don't understand your post to my reply.

On another note Guhoa, you know for a fact I admire you...and I always will. Politics won't change my admiration for you one bit. However, I am so sad that you don't see things the True Original American way..the founding fathers way. I know I will get slammed up and down for saying this. However, we are better off now than we were 4 years ago...numbers don't lie. If you don't believe the numbers...the facts, then I guess you as many others operate on a different mathematics system/scale then many of us do...and I certainly know how to count...add...subtract, etc. As a matter of fact it's a specialty of mine...Mitt's numbers don't add up, it's impossible for this man to do what he claims he will do...impossible! Check out the digits for yourself, just take a look! 12 million jobs? Really, where? How? Oh yes, that's right, he said it's so it must be true. While I must agree that President Obama hasn't delivered on everything he said he would, I also remember Mitt Romney said "Government doesn't create jobs" as well. So where the hell are the 12 million jobs that Mitt Romney says he'll create going to come from? Does he have some magical equation he's saving for after the election? Come on!!!!!!!! Give me a break on Mr. Lizard Man and his lip smacking tactics....I ain't falling for it. I'm going hold out for Pres Obama, cause "Mr. Mittens can kiss my grits". He's a liar and a deceiver and I and millions of others can see right through him. The scare tactics put out by the other party are just that..."Scare Tactics" intended to cause panic and despair!

I don't mean to insult you OP, you know this, but I am surprised that so many people have been bamboozled and hoodwinked by Mitt Romney (including you)! I am not saying that President Obama is tons better (although I am voting for him again) but, I am not willing to turn this nation over to the Corporations of the United Nations...we are the United States of America not Corporations. That is what is at stake...Corporate. Corporations are great, don't get me wrong, I own one, but this nation wasn't founded on the backs of corporations and I'll be damed if it goes down that way. That's just how I see it!

I understand getting out of debt....poverty (I've lived it) I can count too....I get it, maybe you get it too...we all get it. When Obama came into office everything was upside down, in shambles....things are still upside down, but they're on the uptick. How can you dispute that fact...it is a fact ya' know. That scumbag Bush and his boy Cheney left this Nation in total disaster for a crumb off the backs of TWO unwarranted and one unexplainable war(s)! Where are the weapons of Mass Destruction? Where the hell are they???? Oh yes, that's right, they never found them....Cause THEY NEVER EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE...EVER!!!!!!, yet thousands were killed because of some so called WMD's.

So, in comes Obama, who's to take the blame for all their wrong doing (including this historical US debt) and they (Bush/Cheney) don't even get questioned about it and get to walk free....yeah right...cry me a river (I wish I could put my foot up...well never mind, but I think you know where I'm going with that). This guy, Pres. Obama, is doing some of the right things. If anyone in this nation expects/expected everything to happen overnight or even in 4 years, after all we've been through as a nation in the past 8 years prior to his administration...they're seriously misguided and maybe they need to remove the blinders! I can say that Obama should not have made certain promises, but I feel he really meant to change things...I still agree that he wants proper change even now.

Like I said Mitt Romney, is a lizard like, lying ass, some timey, lip smacking, jaw jacking, double talking idiot!!!!!!!!! He is owned by the corporations...that's who he listens too, that's who owns him...I and millions of others will not settle for his unexplainable rhetoric! That is not how this nation was built...it was built on the backs of every Mom and Pop company of the past 100+ years...not corporate. Corporate came later after Mom and Dad reached their financial goals and good on them....I am proud of that, I am a part of that, but I will not support a man who puts his money outside of this nation simply to dodge US taxes...F### him!

That's that and.............Mitt Romney is an idiot

edit on 10/28/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

reply to post by guohua

I actually read the Obama quote very differently, To me he was saying he wants the wind turbines manufactured in America and sold to China - that makes more sense when looking at his next sentence and if that is what he meant, then surely only the most rampant Obama hater would be able to say that would be a bad thing.... oh, sorry, forgot where I was for a moment.

You really believe that don't you? You really think China needs to buy Wind Turbines From America?
No, China does not need to buy Americas Turbines and pay the Inflated Cost for Labor and Shipping!

Perhaps I'm just not as cynical as you. Using the same logic, why would anyone outside of America buy anything made in America?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

Perhaps I'm just not as cynical as you. Using the same logic, why would anyone outside of America buy anything made in America?

What do you think I said?
China would not buy Wind Turbines from America, China produces their own.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

reply to post by guohua

And that is exactly why he said that he wants America to produce turbines that could be sold to China, he obviously meant that America should not be the one in need for China's exportations but the other way around (ie : strengthen the manufacturing force).

You guys can't read.
edit on 31-10-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

It was not clear.

Outside the conservative bubble, it was.

Either a Freudian slip or a teleprompter failure, it still shows a lack of ability.

Lack of ability? Like when he mopped the floor with Mittens, unscripted, in the last two debates?

Regardless, so far his green energy initiatives have turned out to be black holes for taxpayer dollars.

No risk, no reward. It's not like all of the green initiatives have failed. It only takes one good idea to make the whole initiative a success. Nonetheless, would Romney do any different? Here, let me help you answer that question...

From Romney's "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" article printed in the New York Times in 2008:

I believe the federal government should invest substantially more in basic research — on new energy sources, fuel-economy technology, materials science and the like — that will ultimately benefit the automotive industry, along with many others. I believe Washington should raise energy research spending to $20 billion a year, from the $4 billion that is spent today. The research could be done at universities, at research labs and even through public-private collaboration.

www.nytimes.com...

Good gosh people. The government really has the citizens by the balls when we take sides as if it's an NFL rivalry, and neither side can admit mistakes or policies they don't agree with. Let's stop gettting so d@mn offended and personal. WE will lose either way.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

You really are missing the point aren't you? I'm fairly sure that your hatred of Obama isn't allowing your intelligence to kick in on this. Does America export, let's say cars to other countries that also produce cars? Yes. Why should they do that if those other countries already make cars? It's the same thing!!!!! Sheeesh, please. stop trying to make Obama the enemy for everything, it clouds your ability to take a balanced view.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Thread....reeks....of...desperation.....and...political....trolling

Here, let me requote Obama's quote that you quoted:

"I want to build on the progress we've made. Doubling clean energy. I want fuel efficient cars and long-lasting batteries and wind turbines manufactured here in China! I don't want them manufactured in China, I want them manufactured here in the United States!"

His point was obvious and clear. Why start a thread over something so petty? Bored? Partisan hack? Both?

edit on 25-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

Thank you. This thread (And similar right-wing examples) is drawing at straws and conveniently leaving out information.

Game. Set. Match.
ty

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join