It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Obama Says He Wants Wind Turbines 'Manufactured Here in China'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So I thought this was going to just be a cheap shot at Obama for mis-speaking at a rally.

But there are people in this thread trying to say that he actually meant it.

Let's look at what the OP quotes:

'Manufactured Here in China'

One simple question for those that think he meant he wants them manufactured in China. Was he in China when he made that comment?

Because if he wasn't, your desperate argument falls completely apart.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

china is pottery ...

right ?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Okay I'm going to stop you right here, the president has no control over gas prices. You call people "sheeple" then go on to tout about Obama's failure to keep the price of oil down; how ironic.

Tell me, is Obama the head of Exxon or any other major oil company?

No?

Correct!

Okay, so since he is not in charge of any major oil company, how can he impact the price of oil? Oh right, he can't. This is why we need to invest in alternative energy sources.

Obama and the media disagree.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
reply to post by guohua

china is pottery ...

right ?

No, actually China is the Largest exporter of Rare Earth Materials.

China presently produces more than 95% of all rare earth materials that are vital in the creation of a big variety of electronic technologies including lithium car batteries, solar panels, wind turbines, flat-screen television, compact fluorescent light bulbs, petroleum-to-gasoline catalytic cracking, and military defense components such as missile guidance systems.

Some thing every growing nation needs to survive in today's modern world.
But enough with the Off topic subject material.
Why would China purchase Wind Turbines from America? China has the technology to build their own at a cheaper cost.
Not only is my city of Harbin Famous for it's Beer, but also:

Harbin is also known as the capital of power manufacturing; hydro and thermal power equipment manufactured here makes up one-third of the total installed capacity in China.

China use's more Hydro Power than Wind.

Harbin is also home to Harbin Institute of Technology, one of China's better known universities. Founded in 1920, the university has developed into an important research university focusing on engineering, with supporting faculties in the sciences, management, humanities and social sciences. The institute's faculty and students contributed to and invented China's first analog computer, the first intelligent chess computer, and the first arc-welding robot.

en.wikipedia.org...
I don't think Obama miss spoke as mentioned here in other post, suggesting that he meant to build in America and sell to China,,,,,, the shipping cost only would be ridiculously high.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I just thought i would add this for flavor... Also shows how stupid this guy is....

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am not crazy about Obama...But come on. He mixed up his words and suggesting it was a Freudian slip( Freud has been completely discredited in the world of modern psychology, you know) or something.It's just silly. Especially when considering the sentence that followed.

Guys, keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out. People mix up words... It happens.

If you truly believe that he wants the wind turbines to be manufactured in China... Well, then I truly believe you are being silly.

We all mix words up on accident sometimes and it doesn't mean anything other than we mixed up our words.

Popular or not, that is where I stand.

Peace and love.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

I see the libs dont like being called on trolling .. but somehow im trolling?

He messed up yes.. But for 8 years we had to listen to how stupid people thought Bush was.. But we dare not say anything about Obama.

Ill end it there, but yeh stop with the ego trips. I have been civil.
edit on 25-10-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
5 Flags? For what is obviously Obama
having a human moment. That's trolling.

It was ok when Obama was doing it to Romney, wasn't it? Not saying this was right. But we have the president of the US playing games with words this very moment. So what are your thoughts now?
edit on 26-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

I found that very humerous. Someone was paying very close attention!
Voting for Romney will be my top priority.

edit on 26-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
So I thought this was going to just be a cheap shot at Obama for mis-speaking at a rally.

But there are people in this thread trying to say that he actually meant it.

Let's look at what the OP quotes:

'Manufactured Here in China'

One simple question for those that think he meant he wants them manufactured in China. Was he in China when he made that comment?

Because if he wasn't, your desperate argument falls completely apart.

There you go trying to use facts and logic with right-wing noobs.

It's both hilarious and pathetic that these right-wing fellow travelers keep on producing threads about such pointless and/or false matters, and then keep on defending their original argument after it has been ripped to shreds. And when it is pointed out that this is the sign of desperation in the political right, they steal a play out of the kindergarten rhetoric book and say: "Nuh, uh, you are." Very compelling argument, right-wingers; you actually had me with "Nuh, uh."

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
If Bush had said it......

When Bush had a slip of the tongue, he was a moron.

When Obama has one, everyone that notices it is a moron?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Freudian slip? Absolutely! What amazes me is how many people make excuses for this guy even after he accidentally displays what he really stands for.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I am amazed at the shear insanity this campaign has brought out!

Sure, Obama made a slip and said something stupid, but he immediately corrected himself. So has Romney....so let's call it a tie for argument's sake.

What I don't understand is how there are so many damned psychics on ATS. Obama makes one comment, which he corrects, and all of the sudden all these people on ATS KNOW that he was inadvertently exposing his REAL intentions of letting America be taken over by the Red China Communists!

I wish I had comic book super powers like that! Why is it that only Obama-haters get these super powers?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I am amazed at the shear insanity this campaign has brought out!

Sure, Obama made a slip and said something stupid, but he immediately corrected himself. So has Romney....so let's call it a tie for argument's sake.

What I don't understand is how there are so many damned psychics on ATS.

You do remember the Bush years, right? When ever gaffe was proof of his idiocy and incompetence? Once again you guys on the left have set standards that you don't think should be applied to you or your guys. Why is that?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

As a Bush supporter at the time, I sure do remember the gaffes Bush had. I remember the teleprompter jokes and all that. I also remember.....oh....ONE POST BEFORE YOURS in which I said Obama made a slip and said something stupid!

I fail to see how I unfairly applied a standard to the Right that I did not apply equally to the Left as well! It's right there in my post!

What I would like to know is how grown adults, assuming you are not a pimple-faced HS kid, have such a hard time with reading comprehension. My post is in plain English for you to read and somehow you decide that I am applying different standards?

Wow!

Let me post it again so that you have a less-likely chance of missing it.

edit on 26-10-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I don't believe for one second you were a Bush supporter. Looking at your old posts confirms that.

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I think it's because the Democratic presidents such as Clinton and Obama have made a point to come to the center, instead of being hard-left.

Clinton was a centrist that did a lot of good for this country, and most Republicans even today agree with that. Obama, even though he talked a good game, continued the Bush doctrine and has even passed a healthcare plan written by the Heritage Foundation.

So overall, Democrats try to play ball with everyone.

On the other hand, Republican presidents don't care. They have and agenda and have never made an effort to think about the country as a whole. Choosing to appease their piggy-banks instead of the American people.

By the way, that Clinton housing bubble worked out great! Such a centrist policy that was!

edit on 26-10-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Like I care what you believe. The fact is that you said I applied different standards when I have not.....and it's right there in plain sight.

Why have you not commented on that?

And how does that post of mine prove I did not vote for Bush? I stand by that comment you quoted and it in no way proves jack! I was too young to vote for Clinton....I was in high school!

My ideology has evolved over time but that doesn't change the fact that I voted for Bush...and have stated so many times on ATS. Will you take the time to find those quotes or will you find another post I made that is irrelevant to the discussion at hand?

You have to do better then that PVT!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Ohh the irony! Here is a quote of mine from YOUR thread that you took that quote from...

It's not very wise to assume. I happen to be a Republican. I voted for Bush twice and even voted for McCain, but my eyes were opened after I was exposed to the truth of things. I still believe in conservative principles and wish RP would be our nominee, but the Republicans are not conservative and they deserve every bit of ridicule they get

PVT Hudson's Thread

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Desperation? of WHAT? have you SEEN the polls?

Why, yes I have.

Face it, any momentum Romney had is fading fast.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join