It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect Storm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
I predict this will be a whole bunch of nothing. Approaching weather systems & cooler water considered, it's probably going to stay well offshore, and weak.

I'm still hoping for a sharp left turn to FL when it gets over the Bahamas, as much of a flat 0% chance as it is. We still need the rain, and unlike the wussy New Englanders, we ain't afraid of no wind down here

With a strong rex block in place, it isn't going out into the atlantic at this point, almost 0% chance.

Likely it hits somewhere between cape may and the bay of maine, with most models having it hit around Long Island. Really ends up depending how the jet streams are positioned from the high coming in from the pacific.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Public advisory 11 just came out...not too much new...she is expected to hit Cat 2, and then drop back down. And just saying...she really is a big wide son of a gun. Doesnt really matter that she will drop back down to TS strength in a few days, her size is going to cause some bad waves and a hell of a lot of rain.

Pub Adv 11
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Peace

Edit.. Just wanted to add that CNN is reporting the first fatality from Sandy in Jamiaca and that the island is at 70% without power

news.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on 24-10-2012 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Looks like bad weather heading your way.
Stay safe and thanks for posting this weather alert.

Federal forecasters warn that much of the eastern U.S. has a good chance for several sloppy days of weather mayhem early next week. They predict heavy rain or snow, persistent gale-force winds, storm surge and flooding from an unusual hybrid of hurricane and winter storm. Meteorologists predict that Hurricane Sandy in the Caribbean will collide with an early winter storm from the West and a blast of arctic air from the North, sloshing and parking over the country's most populous coastal corridor starting Sunday. The worst of it should be early Tuesday, but it could stretch into Halloween on Wednesday and beyond. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration warns it will hit around the full moon, increasing the potential for flooding. Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

edit on 25-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

If you are going to brag that you are more experienced, then you should know that is storm surge that causes the damage, not wind.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Time to get your apps to survive a storm. lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
this storm is very reminiscent of hurricane Agnes in 1972, not so much the southern storm track but the mid atlantic/ northeastern potential and possible reformation with another front. that storm just sat here and rained for a week and we ended up having the costliest hurricane ever in the north east. they retired the hurricane name Agnes for that storm.

i remember looking down at my uncles home, from a hill, it was under 22 feet of water and i was terrified at 7 years old.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sandy is one big storm. Just a few days ago the hurricane experts were saying she would not go bigger than a Cat 1, and that she would go NE.

Well she was darn close this morning to a Cat 3 at 105 mph winds, and each day there are more tracks showing her hitting the mainland.

Latest imagery:

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

And latest forecast tracks:

www.weather.com...

The bottom line is that she needs to be watched carefully. She is going to merge with some really strong energy in a few days. Here where I am in Michigan, it's going to be close to 80 today, tomorrow it is going to be 52! The jet stream is moving really strong energy that way, plus the full moon, plus the fact that she is HUGE equals some really scary potential.

It is not freak out time yet, it is simply time to keep a damn close eye on this.

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm glad I live in the U.P. No hurricanes, not many tornadoes, no rattlers yet, no overcrowding. Drawback is snow and cold along with higher prices.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't want to "rain on yor parade" but i would suggest that Sandy will not make direct landfall over New York. I am leaning more towards a skirt up the east coast and a sharp westerly turn out to the Atlantic in a heading toward the Bay of Biscay/Iberia. The Jet Stream forecast looks like it will take this route, and any mid atlantic blocking could quite easily be moved.

If it did make landfall, the worst affected areas would be the north east quadrant, which consequently will be out at sea.

Given the fact that the further north you travel, the less intense the storm will become, unless of course it can soak energy from any warm fronts, which are few and far between at the moment.

My prediction:

Very slight landfall, possibly some flooding along very eastern low laying coasts, max wind gusts possibly hitting 80mph on exposed coasts. High rainfall totals but mostly out at sea. A sharp westerly track around New York. Downgraded to tropical storm after passing teh Bahamas.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

You could be correct in your assessment, but my understanding is that Sandy will actually become a hybrid storm when it combines with some mid latitude weather. This could result in a lessening of the harsh hurricane elements of the storm (like high winds around the eye wall) but make the overall destructiveness of the storm more widespread. In other words, it may not pack the same focused punch as its tropical beginnings, but the combined larger storm could bring very nasty weather to a larger area. Here in Maryland, we're keeping a close eye especially considering it's closing in on full moon tides.

Only time will tell though...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Just noticed your mention of a storm in 1972. Jessica Marachalo psychic said that she saw the number 72 in her vision. Coincidence or what. Cyclone plus something else she couldn't describe.
edit on 25-10-2012 by prophetboy12 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

To complete this perfect storm it would take an x class flare which just happened and there is a 10 percent chance of more. Sunspot 1598 is huge and very active.
edit on 25-10-2012 by prophetboy12 because: wrong sunspot number

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I hope they don't fire up HAARP. What TIMING this thing has. If we look at the occult side of things....it could be the perfect storm for them, as well. What scares me most, is the fact that this is going to happen during Halloween.
Talk about an ultimate sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I live in Conneticut, we had two bad storms last year, Irene and the Halloween snow storm. We lost power for a week in each of these storms and it looks like we are in the Bulls Eye again.
I am now getting ready for this one. Wish us luck.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yup. We're prepared for what's coming...

I'm hoping it's not as bad as last Halloween's storm.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
this thing is looking like its going to hit straight into the region of new jersey and new york city area, could be a disaster if it combines with another low pressure system and god knows how long and how strong this system will spin around the NJ area.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Models are now showing that the Blizzacane is going to smack into New England

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We have a cold front going over us right now in Minnesota that is supposed to meet up with Sandy when she hits the east coast. It is snowing like crazy out here, lots of moisture headed east with this front.

I'll get a few pictures with my camera and post them

This is the other part of what is heading to the east coast.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: Added pics

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hmmm...latest track from NOAA:

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

A member over in the Hurricane thread said the local Philly people are calling it a SNOR'EASTICANE because it is looking to be a combo snow, nor easter, hurricane combo thingy.

And I did see there are members on here that think it will be nothing...Personally, I follow what NOAA says.

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I like blizzacane better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join