It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect Storm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The European Model has it coming ashore at the Delaware beaches.
The American Model has it coming ashore upper New Jersey.
We are right in the middle. That dang thing is probably going to
come straight up the Delaware river and make a historic landfall
in Wilmington, DE.

OH Crap ....

Maybe it will wipe out D.C., and put an end to all of our woes!

Amen brother. Now that would be a sight to see.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think this weather blog from my favorite weather forecaster (not to mention the MOST accurate I've ever seen) explains why this super storm will likely happen. It's the omega block that will pull the hurricane up the coast. I think he can explain it better than I.

It is important to note that highly negative NAO phases create blocking patterns in the north Atlantic. In this case, it is creating an Omega / REX block along the northern Atlantic. The Omega block gets its name because it looks like the greek letter omega Ω . The reason the GFS was wrong all along was that it didn't deal with the Omega block correctly. When we look at the EURO and GFS early next week, we now see both restoring the Omega block as it creates this Superstorm.

fox41blogs.typepad.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfzilla

Oh, what about the folks that just happen to live in D.C but have nothing to do with politics?

Save this crap for some other juvenile-minded forum.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Last I checked, it seemed the hurricane would not make landfall, and was rather far off the coast, so I dont see this being as bad as it is being made out to be. I think this will cause damage for sure, but I dont see it really causing that much loss of life, which I am glad because I initially thought this was going to be real bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Oh, what about the folks that just happen to live in D.C but have nothing to do with politics?

Thank you, I see that kind of crap all the time, the other day someone said "I hope Seattle gets hit by an earthquake." or something to that effect. Like what is wrong with people. This generalizing and mindless grouping needs to end now, because it is insensitive and childish.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This storm is the main topic on all of our local news, and they are using terms such as "historic" and "devastating". Sometimes weather reporters exaggerate, but all of the models they are showing us show a direct hit. They are telling everyone to get generators, supplies, and get ready, because there is no way that we will get out of this one.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Thank you, I see that kind of crap all the time, the other day someone said "I hope Seattle gets hit by an earthquake." or something to that effect. Like what is wrong with people. This generalizing and mindless grouping needs to end now, because it is insensitive and childish.

Yes, and Texas has its fair share of haters. They want it to secede and fall apart, burn up from the drought, etc...It's mind bogglng. And I bet half of them have never even been to Texas (or Seattle. Or D.C..)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Latest track for Sandy from Intellicast:

Track has moved more to the west (closer to the east coast), and also now has landfall predicted a Delaware.

Keep in mind that what is being tracked is the eye, the effects of a hurricane can be felt far from it's center since these storms are huge. As it moves closer to the east coast, the outer parts will be over land. Here's a satellite image of the storm right now:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I guess I spoke to soon, I'm man enough to admit thats my bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Wow, really?!? Why?

I have never been to Texas, but I have always wanted to visit. It seems like it would have a ton of cool heritage. I also like the perceived atmosphere, sounds like an awesome place to visit (that and England, dont know why but they always seem so tame and I just love their architecture)
edit on 26-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

That is one BIG storm!!!!!

Reports saying it's expected to be the biggest in 100 years.

Anyone know what storm they are comparing it to?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
few more days folks and sandy will show its strength , get ready for Hurricane + Nor Easter.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Found this to any who are interested.

The largest loss of life from a hurricane is often caused by storm surge and flooding rather than the winds. Do not underestimate a lower category hurricane! None of the top five deadliest hurricanes in United States history was a Category 5 hurricane at landfall.

Deadliest Hurricane to Hit the United States --- The Great Galveston Hurricane of 1900

Second Deadliest Hurricane to Hit the United States --- The 1928 Okeechobee Hurricane

Third Deadliest Hurricane to Hit the United States --- Hurricane Katrina of 2005

geology.com...

edit on 26-10-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm in Newark, NJ, and my boss said we will be working next week normally. Preparing camera and refueling today. Worry about a little sink hole on my street.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The Perfect Storm 1991

Also happened to be the same thing we are seeing with Sandy. And it happened at Halloween, Just as Sandy is expected to. We are living through the year 1991 again??? It's odd.
Sorry link fixed didn't have my coffee yet...:/
edit on 26-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: edit link

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Link doesnt appear to work, which sucks because I really want to see that and I am really tired.

Also, I never really realized how beautifully perfect Hurricane Katrina looked.

It just seems so geometrically perfect.

Edit: Working now, thanks.

Edit 2: Wow, now that is a little eerie. I guess history does repeat itself.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This image from NOAA is really good because not only can you see how big Sandy is, but you can clearly see the cold front coming from the West that is going to merge with her.

Again, for those that keep trying to say that this is not a potential danger because she is not a major hurricane, you MUST forget the stupid Hurricane Categories, and simply look at the facts.

LOOK at the picture. Sandy is huge. The cold front sweeping through is uber strong. Yesterday it was 79 here in my neck of the woods in Michigan, right now it is 53 and has been dropping all morning. That is a lot of energy!

The timing of this storm, with the converging fronts, plus the moon and tide situation is serious. Delaware is right now the target for landfall, but that can change of course. Even though she will be only a Tropical Storm when she hits, the energy from all of those elements is tremendous. And remember that the NE quadrant of a tropical system packs the most punch, which right now is looking like Long Island. That NE quadrant brings in the heaviest tidal surge, winds and rain.

I have not once said this is a doom and gloom end of the world storm, but I have been urging observation and tracking of this storm to everyone in its path.

The responsible thing to do is to not be someone that goes "No worries, be happy". The responsible thing to do here is to keep watching this Monster of a storm, update your emergency supplies now, and prepare for the worst.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

Peace and Stay Safe

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Weird thing is that I lived in South Jersey and don't recall this storm. Also It was the year I graduated and I really don't think I'd have forgotten this?

I remember a large one in 94. That kept us from getting bread in our city and was when I learned to make bread.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So... the Hurricane is now gunning for.... yours truly.

It is projected to hit the Delmarva Penninsula/Southern Jersey.

Needless to say, we are busy.

So who in Delaware has bad karma?
edit on 26-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Stay safe everyone, and heed all warnings.

Nothing is more precious than life. Leave none behind.

And...pray, by all....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join