It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect Storm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Folks, to put it out there, there is a hurricane right now in the Caribbeans. Size is huge. Forecast track is taking it either rubbing it with the east coast or out in the Atlantic.

This storm has a potential to do a lot of damage and destruction for the east coast , if it takes are more northern track. Also this is not the only thing we need to worry about, there is also a Low Pressure system coming from the west of the US. Just like we get Nor Easters, this one is like saying a hurricane combining with another storm and forming into one over the east coast. I am not saying this is likely to happen, but there are chances that it can, if it takes a more northern track.

I am located on the East coast, so lets see this will be interesting to follow since I will be part of this Historic or perfect storm as some meteorologist are calling it. If you live on the east coast please follow the weather and be prepared just in case this disaster strikes.

Also just to put this out there, here is a prediction made by this lady in Feb. See talks about a cyclone forming in the Caribbeans and guess what this thing formed in the Caribbeans. She also said this will be a storm that is huge in size and dont have words to express it. Could this be the storm that the Psychic predicted. Either way East Coast US, followed the weather and be prepared just in case thing thing turns into a monster. I ll keep this post updated with the trajectory paths.

Future outlook where the storm could be

Sunday – Monday: New Jersey, New York City metro area, Long Island and southern New England. This is a rough timeline, and may change as new data arrives. Here’s the bottom line: the odds of Sandy impacting the east coast of the USA have increased (slightly) in the last 24 hours. Beach erosion and coastal flooding may be significant along the east coast, but the worst conditions may take place from the New York City and Long Island into southern New England.

edit on 24-10-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm on the east coast of Canada and have been keeping my eye on Sandy. So many projected paths right now it's hard to panic just yet. I figure she might just blow off steam before getting close. Either way, batten down the hatches if need be.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I live right near the New York City area, a little ways across the river, so I will be keeping an eye on this. I first noticed this potential Monday but now the forecast seems to be a little more alarming. The European Model takes the storm closer as shown in the image you posted and that forecast has been historically more reliable, so we'll see. I may have to prepare for some water in the basement and days of no power if the storm culminates into the worst case scenario. Thanks for the thread, stay safe and keep alert!

edit on 24-10-2012 by TwoSpirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here is the latest from NOAA on Hurricane Sandy...she does bear watching indeed. s&f

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I live in the Norfolk area and our weather people here are saying that it's no big deal, even in the worst case scenario we will see some wind and rain, and that's about all. The low pressure system coming from the west should push the storm out to sea, and there should be no "combining" of storms.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It should be noted that the GFS models (the "mainstream accepted" model of the western hemisphere) have/had this storm going off out to sea until just today where it has sandy swinging into the bay of maine before going back toward tristate area.

EURO, canadian and Navy models ALL have a far worse situation of this storm hitting NJ to Long Island area on tuesday, with a 938mb low. STRONG storm!

All the major sites still have this thing going out to sea on the projected path even though its own ensemble models disagree (like wunderground.com's path)

/tinfoil hat? Perhaps. Personally I am prepping my generator and stocking up on supplies, after Irene caught me flat-footed and flooded my house with 2 feet of water last year.

Also its a full moon oct 29, which can add a few feet to storm surges. Be careful if you're along the coast from Cape may to cape cod region, especially
edit on 24-10-2012 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Figures, it's going to bypass us.

Looks like it has two eyes.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i've been following this all week. on monday it was just the euro model that was indicating it could be coming to the coast... things have changed though. alot of models now indicate it could slam the east coast... even if it doesn't the convergence of it iwht those other systems along the east coast won't be good.

watch this one.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm on the East coast and it doesn't look like it's going to do much. Says it's going to be sunny.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I had kind of the same thought when I heard the hurricanes name which is Sandy.

Be aware on the east coast. Sandy could cause a lot of problems.

Also she is correct about a major eq, this could happen any day now, but I am getting farther north. Like pacific NW. I don't make predictions, however after listening to her, I can say that the last few weeks my mind has been pushing at me about a major EQ along the west coast...I hope I am wrong and hope she is wrong.

I went and looked up her prediction for Cali on another youtube vid, her date is off, she says August.

I know from personal experience that predictions like these can be off by a few months to years depending on situations.

Here is an update from her on sept 18th

Talks about a lot of things happening here this year.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is from her blog posted 10/22/12

October 22, 2012 Possible Huge Storm for East Coast Possible Huge Storm for East Coast: www.washingtonpost.com... 388962_blog.html?wprss=rss_local Thank you for the email about this!! My understanding of this, is that the two storms in the Atlantic ocean right now could converge to being one huge storm that goes up the coast and it could effect the Carolina s too, upwards. There is nothing definite yet but I would be prepared, in fact I think that is something I will look into making sure we are ready for tomorrow. When I think about it, if this happens, they say it will be similar to the effects of a hurricane, if we get it and the Carolina’s get it, then it would cross off the “hurricanes” for both Massachusetts and also North Carolina. On another topic, I posted a blog this morning about these storms and forming of cyclones. Them popping up crosses off another vision I saw of them forming in the ocean and sure enough here they are- unfortunately. This is something I mentioned recently. I am hoping they don’t come together but I feel looming about it. That means preparations should be taken now- that way if it happens you (and I) are ready and if it doesn’t happen, then you don’t have to buy water, batteries and other stuff, for your house for awhile, etc.

Taken from:Cronicles of a Psychic Medium

I guess you all can be the judge but it made for some interesting reading.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
European Model indicating now the storm will be right next to the east coast and right when it gets to New Jersey, it will turn inwards towards New York City, this looks like a a scenario we should all monitor. New York city and NJ two populated areas and will cause a lot of problems. All ready it has been raining a lot here and on top if this thing decides to take shape and really impact NYC , get ready to bring your boats out.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Interesting lets see what happens.

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I had kind of the same thought when I heard the hurricanes name which is Sandy.

Be aware on the east coast. Sandy could cause a lot of problems.

Also she is correct about a major eq, this could happen any day now, but I am getting farther north. Like pacific NW. I don't make predictions, however after listening to her, I can say that the last few weeks my mind has been pushing at me about a major EQ along the west coast...I hope I am wrong and hope she is wrong.

I went and looked up her prediction for Cali on another youtube vid, her date is off, she says August.

I know from personal experience that predictions like these can be off by a few months to years depending on situations.

Here is an update from her on sept 18th

Talks about a lot of things happening here this year.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
One thing to note with the timing of this storm is that it coincides with the full moon on Monday which will bring in higher tides than normal. This could lead to very dangerous flooding. I hope folks are preparing for this.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I predict this will be a whole bunch of nothing. Approaching weather systems & cooler water considered, it's probably going to stay well offshore, and weak.

I'm still hoping for a sharp left turn to FL when it gets over the Bahamas, as much of a flat 0% chance as it is. We still need the rain, and unlike the wussy New Englanders, we ain't afraid of no wind down here

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I for one hope you are right

2nd

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This lady is no psychic .... Halloween isn't for another week, choose another profession ditz...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
considering i live about a half of a mile from the Barnegat Bay here in southern n.j. im gonna be watching this intensely.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
From Wiki ... Hurricane Hazel made landfall near the North Carolina/South Carolina border as a Category 4 storm, on the morning of October 15, 1954. Hazel struck Myrtle Beach, South Carolina before moving north, becoming extratropical as it passed over Raleigh, North Carolina, still a strong Category 3 hurricane.[7] Hazel accelerated to over 77 km/h (48 mph) upon landfall,[6] and was centred over New York state and Pennsylvania by 4:30 p.m. EDT.[8] Contrary to expectations, Hazel had not lost much intensity: winds of 160 km/h (100 mph) were measured in parts of Delaware, Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania. Before leaving the United States, the storm had claimed 95 lives, of which the majority were drowning casualties.[2][6]

Moving very rapidly, Hazel consolidated with a cold front and headed toward Ontario; by midnight, it was centred over downtown Toronto. The most rain fell around Brampton, as it was where the original storm and the cold front merged. Hazel had still retained intensity equal to that of a Category 1 storm, with gusts of over 150 km/h (93 mph), sustained winds as high as 124 km/h (77 mph), and rainfall in excess of 200 mm (8 in), after moving almost 1,000 km (620 mi) over land.[2] Leaving Toronto, the storm slowed down considerably, from a maximum forward speed of 77 km/h (48 mph) to 18 km/h (11 mph) within the span of a day. Hazel's remnants continued north through Ontario; it passed over James Bay, and reached northern Quebec. Hazel fully dissipated on October 18, having caused 81 casualties in Ontario.[6][9]

Similarities??

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply from closed thread-

take your children elsewhere or they are gunna be pissed.
(No Halloween in these areas)

Theres some pics of the storm on that site. Badass looking storm. Get out your BOB(BugOutBags).
This is what you have been preparing yourselves for. =) Find some good rope-some MREs,,flashlights..matches(dry)..a rifle and bullets(you never know)..a knife..MEDICAL SUPPLIES....and dont forget about your magic smoke.

If you come across any pirates trying to steal your goods....smash em in the forehead with the butt of your rifle.

biggest thing of all....Lock up and LEAVE.
You can always come back to it later.

If you cant leave, you are too attatched anyways and are assuring yourself that you you are going to go down with your ship. Which is lovely and honorable and all, but doesnt end with you seeing your family the next day.

edit on 24-10-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join