It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, its a beautiful day,, lets burn leaves

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

You don't know what freedom is. I am very sorry for you.

When I was a kid we could leave our houses unlocked and the keys in our cars. Everybody smoked and drank and the cancer rates were nowhere near what they are today.

You go ahead and buy all that bologny the government and everyone is selling you instead of thinking for yourself. There's a good little robot.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

What are you talking about? What does any of that have to do with the younger generation?

Obviously the younger generation isn't responsible for the corrupt government, since we are obviously too young. Heck, most of the younger generation doesn't even vote (like it matters) so we cant possibly be responsible for such corruption.

All I was trying to suggest was that you not lump every single person belonging to a younger generation into one group, its an arrogant, and bigoted thing to say. I am not calling you those things, rather your statements, which is more than I can say for some who have a habit of directly insulting those who don't agree.

I believe in freedom more than anything, especially the freedom of speech. When you say to just leave people alone, you are attempting to infer that I should be less critical of everything, which is the exact opposite of what is necessary for such freedom to flourish.

Notice how I never grouped every person belonging to the older generations into one category? I didn't do so because we are all are own person, independent of each other.

edit on 23-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: typo

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You whined about my pipe, among other things. Cancer rates were much lower years ago when we all smoked like chimneys.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

I didn't whine, just pointed out facts because you held tobacco in higher esteem than some other much less harmful substances (which I don't partake in btw). In fact, what I speak of has loads of health benefits, including the ability to help treat cancer, which is more than I can say for tobacco. Also it doesn't have to be smoked.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
Cancer rates were much lower years ago when we all smoked like chimneys.

I highly doubt that is in any way correlated with the use of tobacco, more likely the result of the increasingly modified and artificial foods and substances that are becoming more and more commonplace. That and there are much more carcinogenic things like cellphones, and nuclear reactors then there were in the past.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The word moron comes to mind as I puff on my tobacco pipe. Modern medicine has done so much for us yet cursed us, hasn't it? If only we could . . . but no.

Time, time it must be.

See, this is why I so look forward to waking up dead.

I just can't take the stupidity anymore.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Bad neighbor? Four words...

Trained stealth attack weasels

Yup. That's how I would handle it. Ninja ferrets who have learned the ancient Shao Lin discipline of crotch kill.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The word moron comes to mind

See, this is why I so look forward to waking up dead.

I just can't take the stupidity anymore.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Seems a bit unfair to the weasels....... or ferrets?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Too daft to grasp the comedy. My God (hand over my heart), Jackie Gleason is rolling in his grave.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Gotta love having first-world problems, right OP?

OH no my neighbor is burning his leaves, something that millions do every year, and have been doing for longer than you've been alive.

Where do you live? If you're in the City odds are this is illegal so just call the cops. If your in an area where this is legal..... tough cookies. Deal with it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Jackie Gleason is rolling in his grave.

Good.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Call your local fire department for permit restrictions or restrictions in general. if it is illegal, they may even come out.

And put a flier in your neighbor's mailbox about composting.

Depending on the demographic, fire trucks will arrive and the nwo violator will pay for the visit.

Yes, and make sure to wear the same expression as nixie does. See something, say something. By all means, squeal to the authorities.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Call your local fire department for permit restrictions or restrictions in general. if it is illegal, they may even come out.

And put a flier in your neighbor's mailbox about composting.

Awesome advice,.
fire chief lives 9 houses down..

some people just dont care.
Im still on the yard fire idea

Seriously? you'd rather walk the street nine doors down and 'squeal' to the fire chief to get him to do something about it?

Man up! go round a speak to your neighbour! chances are he has no idea he is pissing anyone off, besides you never know he might offer you a beer or something.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes, by all means, be an annoying, busybody neighbor. Climb your neighbor's ass for doing what neighbors have done for 100 years.

Young people don't know how to get along with people anymore. It's all about being politically correct now. Don't swear, don't use a particular word, don't fart upwind, don't do this, don't do that.

It used to be live and let live.

No wonder the younger generations are taking all kinds of drugs for stress.

yea, and they used to give kids coc aine in cough medicine 100 years ago, doesn't mean it is a good idea.

So when someone is in a severe drought area, like half the country has been, are you going to take your hose and put out a field fire?
What if it is someone's house?

If it is not such a big deal, then stand next to the fire and inhale a couple of times.

Because burning leaves creates benzopyrene, which is a carcinogen. The same carcinogen that is in cigarrettes that causes lung cancer.

Leaf burning has been banned in a lot of municipalities, just for this reason. They are wet, so they create a lot of particulates, a lot of pollution, and it is a health hazard.

edit on 23-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

He is the guy that yells at kids for walking on the lawn.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

He asked for advice, I gave it. And I am the authority ding dong. I used to issue the burn permits for my county so people can do this very stupid thing.

You just have to meet criteria that you can't light it up next to your neighbor and smoke their house out.

Your county figures out when permit season is, depending on rain levels.

Or, people can just do the smart thing, walk into the 21st century, and compost. So they don't POLLUTE the environment, and you get high grade soil as a result.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It's not pollution. I mean textbook it is. But not the implied meaning here.
edit on 23-10-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Do you know what is missing here? What all your "information" has done for you?

It has destroyed the simple joy of living.

Rake the leaves with dad. Let's have a bonfire in the backyard. It's an ancient rite, fire is. On a cool fall day you stand around a smoky pile and talk about school or football and together you enjoy the warmth.

Enjoy your knowledge of particulates and smoke inhalation and carcinogens and lung cancer and whatever else is rattling around in that packed head of yours. Enjoy the "knowledge".

Life must be a blast at your house. No candy, all vegetables and the toilet is always yellow.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Burning leaves is very dangerous in the second hand smoke stakes. Many, many times more dangerous than someone smoking cigarettes in your proximity.

Funny that because burning leaves is seen as natural and culturally relevant, that nobody cares about immense damage it does to their health. The same people will complain when somebody walks past them with a cigarette, no doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join