It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joyful joys of Job Seekers allowance just got more joyful in the UK

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by Just Chris

if you receive certain benefits under the umbrella of universal credit, there will be a minimum income floor (as they call it) that you will have to earn in order to qualify for certain benefits. failure to reach an assumed number of hours with an assumed hourly rate, will require you to attend courses and job interview appointments as they will imo construe your self-employed (or lack of) earnings as unacceptable.

search for keywords : self-emplyment+universal credit+minimum income floor+whatever else is related. look into the welfare bill recently pushed through parliament.
f.

For some reason you're under the impression me and my partner don't work the required hours? What makes you think this?

As of April 2012 a joint claim with a child must work at least 24 hours per week (which we do). And the whole point of me going self-employed was because I know I have the confidence to cut it, as I already have a number of regularly paying monthly clients.

My original post was just to highlight another route the OP could possibly take, as he states he formerly had a trade in joinery....of course, he would have to fulfil requirements as you suggest.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
People on the dole in Britain...who somehow manage to just exist on £60 odd quid a week... (that's to pay for food and bills and clothes and transport)...these people are hated by the majority of people who work in low paid jobs. Because the people who work in low wage jobs, may as well be on the dole, after they pay their rent..In fact many workers would be better off financially on the dole.
As the old hip hop saying goes "Don't hate the player... hate the game".
If I knew I would be as well off on the dole, as spending 40+ hours a week working, Id choose the dole. Because I'm afraid it makes sense, under those circumstances not to make a complete mug of yourself, nothing more than a slave, who is payed to just survive. Hell, slave masters fed and housed their slaves, back in the day...and if your in low paid work, that's all your getting too, just enough to scrape by...oh but you still have your pride though.
well sorry...but if Im being made a fool of, working for peanuts, living in a awful neighborhood..and I cant escape...then id opt out altogether and sign on.
this is the actual truth about it all...people in the UK are brainwashed morons.
The only point in working, is if the work actually improves your life. If the work just makes your boss rich and ensures you get to eek out your years in a deprived area..then whats the point in being proud about that?
Proud to be a fool, to be a sucker? Where is the pride in that?
And its these proud people, who hate the people who in fact are not worth hating, the people on the dole know they are in a trap but accepted it, whilst the people in low paid work seem to think they will eventually crawl out of the same poverty trap...Well good luck.
Because its called the poverty trap for a reason...its designed to trap and enslave you and your kids...just like it enslaved you parents and grandparents.
And next time you get angry at the people on the dole...
Why not get a bit more angry about the people who designed the whole immoral system...the people at the top...the ones who pay themselves billions...
Even today a story on yahoo news is telling us all how the Queen of England is looking for a full time maid...and the fantastic wage of 14 grand a year....I see a lot of pride in demeaning yourself, for the biggest set of dole parasites in existence, the royal family....yet the same people who complain about people scraping by on jobseekers allowance probably think the royals are something to be proud of.
Now that is typical British stupidity and ignorance of the worst order.
uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

it wasn't directly directed at you. it was an explanation as to what is to come into force in the near future and anyone self-employed will have to fulfill time and rate criteria should they need to apply for certain benefits.
i really have no idea as to how many hours you do, the more the merrier in this climate i'd say.
f.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Dude no one is better off on the dole, I have been there you stagnate you start to feel worthless, ok Iam on min wage but I love my job, would I be better off on the dole with my rent being payed? yes but in my mind I wouldn't be better off.
Life and the world is # but I have learnt something you have to do it yourself and expect no handouts.
One of the big problems in the UK is the average Great Britain who is out of work will say "I'am not doing that I'am better than that" being wiping bums, cleaning toilets etc you just do not see many Britains doing that.
Whatever job you do it is important and you should take pride in what we do.
Like Tyler Durden said "We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't" many of the younger folk need to realise this.
Whatever job you do even if it is # needs to be done, we are all cogs in the wheel and without the bum wipers, toilet cleaners, road sweepers the country would grind to a halt.
The real problem with the UK is High rent and the minimum wage being to low.
But elitism is also a problem, a big problem in the UK your job somehow defines you as what type of person you are in some peoples eyes, and that is wrong.
edit on 22-10-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Well first off, those nasty tories making it difficult to just sit on your arse giving no real effort towards getting a job is fine by me, considering I have to work my ass off, give most of my earnings away as tax and are still no better off than those claiming benefits. so its all fine by me, how can the state be expected to just give money away with no real end in sight when the country is bankrupt by all but name.

Secondly there is an easy way out of this, get a frigging job and when you have finally got one, don't walk away from it like you have previously. I'm glad they are making it difficult, I'm sick of paying through the teeth in Taxes for lazy #es to sit on their arses all day watching Jeremy Kyle.

But you're happy to be paying inflated taxes to cover the billions owed by Google, Facebook, Vodafone, Starbucks, Topshop... and the billions owed by thousands of celebrities, CEO's and politicians too?

The money paid out in welfare systems is a poxy drop in the ocean compared to the trillions of £'s all the upper class scum around the world get out of paying. And that tax has to come from someone.

So, while I am angry about the lazy chavs sitting on their arse doing nothing and popping out kids one after another and expecting the nation to pay for them, I am more angry that the hundreds of thousands of upper class toffs in this country REFUSE to pay their way, and DEMAND that we pay their pesky taxes for them!

Not only are they rolling in cash, they demand that WE pay their f'ing bills for them!

Why are people not ENRAGED about that?

edit on 22-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Great post TheBlackHat, you said what I was thinking. OP check your PM's.

2nd

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Keep your hair on Just Chris, it was a general statement, proved correct by other posts. It will be harder to do what you and I have quite legitimately done, that's all! Lets not make enemies where we don't need them hey! Peace.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is the cost of fighting wars on foreign lands, immigration and years of supporting people who think the state owes them a living and that it was their God given right to Benefits even though they had not contributed anything into the system.

I am a firm believer in helping those who unable to help themselves and I think it is unjust that there will be people who have genuine claim to recourse from the public funds, who will be effected by the changes to the welfare system.

However, if you claim JSA, you need to be available for work and willing to take any job that is offered to you. No one should refuse work even if it is going to make you only a penny better off!!

If you do refuse, you will need to prove that you had sufficient grounds or otherwise expect your payments to stop.

What I am concerned about is the changes to employment legislation that is taking us back to the days of Thatcherism,

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien44
Keep your hair on Just Chris, it was a general statement, proved correct by other posts. It will be harder to do what you and I have quite legitimately done, that's all! Lets not make enemies where we don't need them hey! Peace.

Sorry I took things out of context!

Self employment isn't for everyone, especially if you don't have a trade. I just figured because I was doing so much freelance web design work here and there I may as well go self-employed, which happened to co-incide with the birth of my daughter so it worked out well for me, however I understand not everyone has the confidence and prefers to go back and forth from job-to-dole-to-job-to-dole.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt

it wasn't directly directed at you. it was an explanation as to what is to come into force in the near future and anyone self-employed will have to fulfill time and rate criteria should they need to apply for certain benefits.
i really have no idea as to how many hours you do, the more the merrier in this climate i'd say.
f.

Apologies, I re-read what you posted and can see it wasn't aimed directly at me.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Just chris

Your location says United Kingdom Of Poland

can you elaborate on that plz

Are you polish?
Are you english or half of each...?

I could say i live in the United Kingdom Of The rest of the world because all the bastards are here
almost like...im not going to say...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wow this job centre posting has got people talking, what I want to know is these attacks just on British white subjects, or on everyone? as when ever I visit towns all I see are Muslims, Poles, etc walking around spending and drinking, and smoking, are they made to get jobs? er no I do not think so, as they come the old gravy they do not understand, cannot get work as they wont speak english, well is it for all or just few? is it for both sexes or is it only attacking men as always has been?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

Just chris

Your location says United Kingdom Of Poland

can you elaborate on that plz

Are you polish?
Are you english or half of each...?

I could say i live in the United Kingdom Of The rest of the world because all the bastards are here
almost like...im not going to say...

I'm 100% English, but where I live (Hull) I sometimes get confused whether I still live in England anymore, or indeed Poland!

#sarcasmsociety.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Your absolutely right about one thing...people are all better off when they are doing something with their time..because it takes your mind off things...even scrubbing toilets or digging ditches...is a form of escapism, because whilst performing mundane activities, your mind is almost blank...and for a while free from stress. Basic physical activity, in other words is good for your mental health...as well as your physical health.
But does that justify being a wage slave? Does is F.
People on benefits do have a reputation for lying in bed all day...and many, many do..but not due to being lazy...as a lot of idiots like to think...they lay in bed all day..due to a complete lack of motivation...which turns to depression.
If you know the best your going to achieve is being a toilet cleaner, or burger flipper...then its not exactly motivating, is it? Especially when we are continually bombarded by images of people who have "made it" in life...getting our noses rubbed in it...when TPTB really have the idea that selecting a few commoners to become pop stars or whatever....will give the masses hope...and it does...but it gives many more people frustration and anger...to know its really a rigged game.

In other words the bigger problem is what the Government have coined..."Social inclusion"..the idea that opportunities should be available for all...something similar to the "American Dream"...
The only problem with these political concepts..is that they are bare faced lies, designed to give the "people" hope. because hope is all you need in order to quell rebellion and revolution.. remember the french rebelled when the Queen said "let them eat cake"..she wasn't cunning enough to BS her people, and give them false hope, like modern politicians...her ruthless and callous honesty, sealed her fate..if only she had of been wise enough to lie, it would have saved her head haha, because that's all people need to hear, in order to keep them contained, a load of hot air..

In Britain there is today, an age old class system...that means if you went to the right school...your going to get the high paying job...even if your as thick as porridge.
Case in point...the military, in Britain has two classes of soldier, still in this day and age of "social inclusion".
One class is the typical "common man", who will always be used as cannon fodder...and the other is the officer class...the officer class, who never get in harms way, and always come form elitist upper class backgrounds.
A good example of this inequality within the military is again the royal family...who always gain positions within the military...in order to appear to be brave men.. always as officers.
The latest one is Prince Harry...a helicopter pilot...yet according to his poor exam results (a D student at best), if he was a commoner he wouldn't even get into the RAF.

Then compare all that to Americas politicians who also come from elitist backgrounds...I don't know about Obama...because apparently know one really knows what is background is anyhow haha...but even if he is, ordinary people, he is the exception...even for America, which is supposed to be more open for opportunity. Like i said its largely a lot of BS. To escape the poverty trap, where every one and everything is counter to you even getting a semi decent education...well you have to be either exceptionally lucky....or exceptionally ruthless....or both.

edit on 22-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
Wow this job centre posting has got people talking, what I want to know is these attacks just on British white subjects, or on everyone? as when ever I visit towns all I see are Muslims, Poles, etc walking around spending and drinking, and smoking, are they made to get jobs? er no I do not think so, as they come the old gravy they do not understand, cannot get work as they wont speak english, well is it for all or just few? is it for both sexes or is it only attacking men as always has been?

Hi

Yes this is an attack on british born, majority being white
dont let anyone kid you otherwise, this is real its happening here all over the midlands

So much propaganda flying around is what you will hear..but
you never see a homeless immigrant..and as for the polskies..them builders do half a bodge job

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Haaa chris
ok im hearing you lol

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Thank you for reply on the questions, yes I had an idea it would be attacking the white British, as they are the one's who have pain in tax money to keep the Muslims who sponge on us all, no wonder I am hearing strong messages within my area that riots are soon to start in the UK, and more worse than last years riots were, honestly the anger in the UK is boiling over.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
@ the people on this thread complaining about immigrants....again..I say "don't hate the player...hate the game".
Continually moaning about immigrants and continually hating dole claimants... misses the point...and it allows the real culprits, the architects of this situation, to escape scott free. as per usual.

immigrants only come to the UK, because they can come...they are allowed to come...and I don't blame anyone for wanting to take advantage of a country...legally..thats the idea of trying to get somewhere...you take advantage of opportunities. Also the illegal immigrants...well...they are illegal in name only..because we and they know...that there are so many legal loop holes in the law to allow them to stay here.

Its the same with people claiming benefits for donkeys years and churning out loads of kids...they are no only allowed to do it but encouraged to do it...because they are clever enough to work out they are better off not working...duh...again...you can blame successive governments..for making the game this way. yet the blame always gets directed at the easy targets and not at the true culprits.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
slavery

they have allowed companies to get free labour

but how can they sanction someone in your position....couldnt you get a hardship loan? thats if they still do them.

so let me get this right
when you sign off at the job centre....do you have to sign off with that third-party company......do they still 'own" you for the two years?

this is pure criminal BS....i dont understand why i pay tax....the only visible proof of my tax is the armys bombs...they shouldnt touch benefits and hospitals...i dont know whats happening

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Hi theblackhat

Totaly agree with you 99percent...

The british white that live on a council estate spewing out children are a very low minority compared to immigrants.

Of course i dont blame immigrants, if i was given the choice of moving from a country thats crap and full of war
to country where im given free money and a roof over my head then i would also...

Sorry i have to go to bed now (i still have one) then get my daughter to school, visit my partner in hospital
and try to get a job interview to justify the crappy 50 odd quid a week i get, even though for nearly 10 yrs
i was paying nearly 100 pounds a week in taxes.

So good night everyone
and OP GREAT THREAD

night all and peace to everyone (if it exists)
Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join