page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a fitting video

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is crafty. I'm wondering how many people might be sanctioned without even knowing that they have been sanctioned, until they lose their job and attempt to make a claim.I wonder this due to recent events that left us with a few questions, until I read the OP. Both my partner and I work, well my partner did until she was diagnosed with heart disease and was forced to give up her job a a carer. When she gave up her job she went to the job centre to start signing on. We knew we were not entitled to benefits and I was in full time employment but the chance of a bit of government sponsored job retraining was not about to be passed on after several months of ill health until medication leveled off.

My partner became increasingly frustrated with the demands of the job centre and the sheer arrogance of those in their employ, so she told them to get stuffed and signed off. Then the letters started coming. Letters threatening withdrawal of benefit and sanctions should she not attend this interview or that interview. We even had letters asking her to attend work fitness interviews, you know the ones where their doctor examines you to assess whether you are capable of work or whether they will carry on paying DLA? We were never even in receipt of Disability Living Allowance. But again the threats if the interview was not attended. Most people not in receipt of any benefits might simply throw the letter in the bin and not think twice about it. So if you get one, make sure you make some inquiries, make sure they havn't "accidentally" reopened an old claim or "forgot" to close an existing one. Just food for thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Well good luck to you, I hope things turn around for you and yours . White or black makes no difference to me...I know many whites in Britain feel sold out...and second class citizens...but the vast majority of white Britons have always been second or third class class citizens compared to the middle classes and upper middles classes. It just feels like your being treated worse now, when you see so many immigrants around...but your not really...the majority of Brits have always been treated like rubbish. remember the UK still has a monarchy...how backward and morally bankrupt is that....and they are Germans and a Greek....so lets be real about scrounging immigrants haha.
But one thing Id suggest...if you can get out of Britain and go somewhere that there still might be opportunities...then go. Its almost impossible to escape the UK legally, unless you go to Europe and then you have to learn another language...which is not exactly preferable when your no longer a kid.
But you can take a tip from all the illegal immigrants that come to Briton.
Just go to Australia or Canada or even the states...and you will soon find ways to stay legally. Cant guarantee there are great opportunities anywhere these days...but at least the weather will be better.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
what about the young adults...bleak at best:

- taken away grants and gave em loans

- taken away EMA (college help for the poor) and hiked up university fees to £9,000 a year

- encouraged them to join the workforce....ie sign on....

then for the finale

make them work for free in Tescos!

my point is...if theres a job...why not pay them for it....why are big companies like Tescos taking on free labour when they ought to be giving out jobs...

its not working, so back to the drawing board
edit on 22-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
And lets not forget to the changes to Tax Credits. It was introduced at 20 hours a week (or was it 16?), encouraging people (like single mums) to take lower paid, part time positions while still being able to afford a roof over their head (because people were better off living on government hand outs and sitting on their arses). Because they were entitled to Tax Credits they could also qualify for help with their rent and Council Tax. Now it seems it has changed to 30 hours a week before you can qualify for Tax Credits. Those still on 20 hours a week have now lost that much needed additional income and as a double whammy, because they are no longer entitled to Tax Credits, they may also find they have lost their entitlement to housing and Council Tax benefit. Now many people are stuck in a low paid job, no possibility to increase their hours, they have lost much of their supportive income and if they attempt to quit and go back on the dole where they might at least get their rent paid, they risk sanctions which means no benefits at all which means potential homelessness. It is a sad fact that many people simply cannot afford to WORK.
edit on 22-10-2012 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

I do agree with most of what you are saying.
My advice is do something that makes you happy, 10 years ago I was on 39k a year running a pub, did it make me happy? no way to much stress and if I continued I would had a heart attack, now I earn less then 10k a year but Iam happy with my job and happy in my life.
Your job doesn't define who you are, it is a means to an end.
Yeah we are all slaves but when was that any different eh? personally I'am a bit of a commie and believe if you do a job well you should be payed well.
Like I said before the bigger problem is housing and greedy landlords who get over 60% of my pay.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I don't think this really falls under conspiracy theory as they clearly point everything out, work for free or we don't help you, question is have they helped you? If not, why cry about it, and do it the old school way if you can do better. Also if you were homeless why walk all those miles, just be homeless closer to the place handing out jobs, hell put a tent outside the office and say see IM firkin serious I want a job!! Of course after you told half the town to f off, IM pretty sure you have already ruined you chances, nice going!
Famous saying, beggars can't be choosers.

IM not in that country, u.s here, and quite frankly they are waaaaay to lax on handing out free money here, I was all good with the system till I found out some people have been on it for years(some people I even know!!). YEARS!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME, FU! FU TO ALL THE SCABS is my thoughts now when I watch more and more tax taken out of my pay to "help" others and IM barely making crap to keep my crap together.

If you can't find work in six months to a year , guess what, ITS TIME TO MOVE ON. Either there really is no work there, they know you now and don't like you, you don't have the skills they are looking for. So pack a knapsack stick a thumb out and move on. Or get a pack of others in your situation, form a grounds keep crew and undercut everyone else prices in the area, hell I did it at 15, I took over 4 neighborhoods with three other friends, all the people wanted 100-hundreds to do peoples lawns, we went door to door and said we'll do it all for 50$ BAM! We had money all through high school.
edit on 23-10-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: sp

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
get the dole to pay for a PTS card (personal track safety ) plenty of work on the railways if you dont mind a bit of graft

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Is there a day goes past that some useless waste of space from my country DOESN'T post a thread crying about their benefits on ATS?
The conspiracy isn't that we are trying to make it harder for you to get benefits but that the rest of the country, the vast MAJORITY, are sick and tired of your lot sponging. You should be ashamed to call yourself British.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Ever thought of helping to protect the freedom you obviously enjoy, or is it easier to sit around complaining and let the rest of us die for your stupidity ? YES I am also an ex soldier
reply to post by cody599

But of course you were, believing our illegal wars constitute "helping to protect freedom" is a very instilled viewpoint.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JeZeus
Article 4
Prohibition of slavery and forced labour.

1No one shall be held in slavery or servitude..
2No one shall be required to perform forced or compulsory labour..
3For the purpose of this Article the term “forced or compulsory labour” shall not include:.

(a)any work required to be done in the ordinary course of detention imposed according to the provisions of Article 5 of this Convention or during conditional release from such detention;.
(b)any service of a military character or, in case of conscientious objectors in countries where they are recognised, service exacted instead of compulsory military service;.
(c)any service exacted in case of an emergency or calamity threatening the life or well-being of the community;.
(d)any work or service which forms part of normal civic obligations.

~Being forced to work for one month , one week , one day , or even one hour , without pay , is ILLEGAL.~

www.legislation.gov.uk... ........ scroll down - click "SCHEDULE 1 The Articles" and check out your rights .

Off topic -> check out Article 16

Where are the rights of the tax payer not to be raped every pay period in taxes that they see no services in their life time.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I as an ass that fought in combat so you you can say that, thank you.

As you said you were in the IDF, you didn't fight so that any of us here could say anything thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Economic downturn= Opportunity to use devisive voting platform based upon the usual accompanying frustration with Migrants and those on Welfare Benefits.
Cynical politicans ( who are the architechts of both immigration and social welfare policy) divorce themselves from their own creations and utilise the perceived divides to disenfranchise the elctorate allowing them to peretuate the ongoing deception in their Economic policy.

This happens every time, like clockwork and always ends in some sort of draconian measures which will strengthen the rights of corporations and rediuce economic the liberty of the individual.

During the 70's the UK had a specific plan ( Ridley Plan) to reduce trade union powers.
We fast forward to 2000 and "£they" seek to reduce the right of the worker themself.

You MUST have a job and when you are there you MUST NOT have any rights.
If you do not have a job you automatically have no rights.

Is this the kind of world ( I'm happily self employed by the way) anyone wants to live in???

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Seems I've joined this one late, but there does seem to quite some misinformation around.

In the first instance, I have to ask, why the hell are you using the Job Centre to find you work? By all means, attend to sign on, but don't rely on them for one iota to find you meaningful employment. You will be better off using an Agency or your own two feet.

On the point of Agencies, someone in this thread claimed firms liked using them as they don't need to pay holiday, sick or other entitlements.

Wrong.

A temporary worker is entitled to pretty much the same workplace benefits as a permanent employee, including leave and sick pay. The only thing you'll miss out on is healthcare and pensions (and I am not 100% certain the latter still applies).

To be honest, using Agencies is the best way to go as the big firms are never going to use the Job Centre to find their next employee. I have found EVERY job I have ever had either through an agency or off my own back.

Now, I do have some reservations about the OP. He claims to have done several "apprenticeships", which rings alarm bells for me. Usually, people only do one. It can take 3-4 years to complete, you go to college and at the end of it you get a qualification ranging from an NVQ2 all the way to an HND.

People don't ever do multiple Apprenticeships, unless it wasn't actually one at all or you kept quitting or telling them to "**** off", as seems to be somewhat common problem with you. People don't take to kindly to being told to "**** off". Something to bear in mind at the next interview.....

reply to post by thePharaoh

Points of note:

The EMA hasn't removed for everybody, it's actually given to those in genuine need of assistance, not middle class students who used it to buy beer at lunch.

Uni doesn't cost £9000 a year. Some do, not all.

Even then, you don't pay a bean up front and only pay back once you earn over £21000 a year, at which point the repayments are £30 a month, which to be honest is quite affordable.

There is a common theme about moaning they are making Uni for the rich only based on this erroneous misrepresentation. Anyone with the required qualifications can go to Uni and even at £9000 a year, is still among the best priced and best quality you'll find anywhere in the world.

To finish, generally speaking, I find most people who are "out of work" and can't find another job tend to be so through their own volition. Not wanting certain jobs, refusing to move or commute etc etc..

My employer has over 40 HRF's signed off for my department alone (doubling our size) yet applicants have been few and far between and we have had the biggest intake of Apprentices for years. My best mate is out of work and he could have walked into a job at mine, but refused to even apply as it was "too far" (30 minutes drive). My missus won;t take jobs more than 15 minutes journey from home. Her Dad refuses point blank to look for any other job than a delivery driver, despite there being no jobs in that sector around here and he won't travel..

In all honesty, I think if people were more flexible and took some responsibility themselves (none of this "Job Centre can't find me work" BS) we'd all be better off.

Oh yeah, to the guy with the Degree that posted earlier about not finding work, what is your Degree in? I might be able to help. My firm has a post-graduate scheme as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Up until recently I'd been volunteering at a drop in centre for young homeless in my town. Many in a similar position to the op. what I tried to encourage them to do was find an area they were interested in and do a week or two experience in their own chosen area, rather than waiting to be placed somewhere by the job centre. They would still receive their JSA, and even if they didn't get a job they would have some experience and something to put on their cv in an area that was of interest. I never understood the attitude of waiting around to be placed somewhere by the job centre. There were people at my charity who were getting their JSA for doing admin work, so it is possible to not be dictated to by the job centre.

I understand if you are homeless it's a lot harder to gain full time employment, I would recommend looking into drop in centres for homeless people in your area. I believe our charity has been much more helpful for young people than the job centre.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Indeed. It is also worth reiterating that anything on a CV is better than a huge hole. Often, prospective employers look favourably on someone who is prepared to volunteer their time, or take on a job "beneath them" as it shows an excellent work ethic.

People have to bear in mind that sitting around waiting for the JC to find you work, turning up at any interview they get you in anything less than a suit and displaying an aggressive attitude (telling people to **** off because your pay got messed up - happens to a lot of people matey, calm down) is not going to get you anywhere.

On the flip side, bouncing from one job to another because of "insert daft reason to leave paid employment here" also looks bad on your CV.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Sorry, as soon as I see the words 'fascist' and 'communist' being spouted the first thought are its one of those people who like to camp out side St Pauls and s**t everywhere while doing drugs and expecting to be paid for it.

I know its a huge stereotype but in general that's exactly what the people tend to be.

About 3 months ago on another forum (Youtube for once) we were treated to a video of a these occupy types being evicted from a house in Southampton, they had broke in trashed the place, used it for a rave, sold drugs outside the property, were hitting golf balls off the roof at surrounding properties and generally were a nightmare. These people complained about the Police using force to remove them but failed to mention they attacked the cops with Iron bars.

Many of us took exception and told them so, basically all of these folks who joined in were unemployed, didn't want to work (they actually said so), used all the fascist nonsense and many who had Youtube channels all discussed the cultivation and selling of weed.

This guy sounds very much like one of these types and sorry mate but you don't get money for nothing, I should have a little bit of sympathy for you as I am myself at the start of my medical assessment and before I was even assessed they had tried to put me on a back to work scheme which is against the rules, but the reason I don't have sympathy is that you make it clear you don't want to do anything for that money, you seem to feel its a right to be given it for doing nothing.

Every day I watch youths around here walk around doing NOTHING, they have 3 phones, the best clothes and yet do not work and having seen them at the Job Centre during my interview I was shocked to hear how they bad mouthed the person and simply refused to do anything, one even stopped the woman to chat on the mobile.

Instead I get hassled by the DWP, I'm long term sick, I worked my balls off while I could, I did any job there was from running a branch of a major electronics company, to IT support and Computer maintenance (no, not a screen reader in a call centre) , furniture making and the last thing that did the most damage, work on building sites.

I was left with a crushed spine (op next year), a hernia (op next month), severe damaged knee joints (plastic knees as and when) and severe depression. I take a concoction of pain killers and depression meds that would sink a ship.

But I'm being picked on because I'm ill and they did it before and I won the appeal which looks like the way its going to go again thanks to the company ATOS who basically fail every one no matter what.

So when I hear of a young person whinging about having to work for your Job Seekers and having the attitude towards employers like you have then it makes me seethe. You sound like you want to work when it suits you, preferably cash in hand and still claim.

Get real...Those days are over, now you do something for your cash or simply DON'T CLAIM IT.

I worked from 6 weeks after I left school until all these things destroyed my health and life, I'm 51 and half crippled, I put into the system big time. You are 25 and had a string of jobs that by the sound of it you didn't like and gave attitude to the boss. I'm sorry you are homeless, no one should be homeless in this age, I myself am still waiting for a council property after 13yrs on the list, I watch people who have never worked or lived in this country walk into brand new properties because they have 7 children (ongoing).

Nothing is fair but to expect people to pay you out of their pocket and do nothing for it is just wrong, you simply add to the figures for economic tourists, a list that is FAR too long as it is.

If I have painted you wrongly then I apologise but I detest how some people do nothing for their cash and still attack others. I'm fed up of seeing young people who simply don't want to work, not that there's no jobs, they simply don't want to work.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

These jobless on brand new mobile phones etc.. are either not jobless but working without paying tax, selling drugs or still live with their parents. Believe me on between £60 -£70 a week, life is not full of luxery's and especially when you have to pay almost half of that on bills, I just dont see how anyone could live a life of luxery.

One thing I will say though is single mum's who are on benefits are massively over paid compared to a single man with them getting more for the child than the man gets for himself.

Infact a single woman without child is elligible for £500 a week housing benefit in London but a man of under 35 is only eligible for £80 per week. This is quite clearly sexist and I dont even think its legal but what can you do about it?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by michael1983l
Well first off, those nasty tories making it difficult to just sit on your arse giving no real effort towards getting a job is fine by me, considering I have to work my ass off, give most of my earnings away as tax and are still no better off than those claiming benefits. so its all fine by me, how can the state be expected to just give money away with no real end in sight when the country is bankrupt by all but name.

Secondly there is an easy way out of this, get a frigging job and when you have finally got one, don't walk away from it like you have previously. I'm glad they are making it difficult, I'm sick of paying through the teeth in Taxes for lazy #es to sit on their arses all day watching Jeremy Kyle.

But you're happy to be paying inflated taxes to cover the billions owed by Google, Facebook, Vodafone, Starbucks, Topshop... and the billions owed by thousands of celebrities, CEO's and politicians too?

The money paid out in welfare systems is a poxy drop in the ocean compared to the trillions of £'s all the upper class scum around the world get out of paying. And that tax has to come from someone.

So, while I am angry about the lazy chavs sitting on their arse doing nothing and popping out kids one after another and expecting the nation to pay for them, I am more angry that the hundreds of thousands of upper class toffs in this country REFUSE to pay their way, and DEMAND that we pay their pesky taxes for them!

Not only are they rolling in cash, they demand that WE pay their f'ing bills for them!

Why are people not ENRAGED about that?
edit on 22-10-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

At last! Someone who can see past the fog!

There would no need for cuts in public spending and the like if rich folk and companies paid their fair share, and the corrupt politicians kept their sticky fat fingers out of the taxpayer purse too.

The politicians are robbing the fast-depleting purse, billionaire companies refuse to part with a penny of there huge, obscene profits (with our government's blessing), but now the country is broke everyone points the finger of blame at poor people

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I don't know the op or his circumstances. It doesn't sound like he is in a very good position and I am sure he would rather be working and earring a wage. From my experience of working with young homeless people, most have come from pretty harsh backgrounds. Well harsh compared to my middle class background, where I had two parents who worked full time and set the example that work is just a normal natural thing that adults do.

Therefor I was expected to work as soon as I could and that was just normal. Now compare that to someone who has grown up in a family that no one cares about them, whether they go t school or not, kicks them out at 15 or 16 to fend for themselves. They have had no positive role models no one to instill ambition and drive, no one to instill the very things many of us take for granted. From my experience, these people need help and encouragement, rather than humiliation, punishment and sanctions. Some definitely need a kick u the arse, but a kick in the right direction.
edit on 23-10-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join