It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squatch Visiting My Woods?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

I messaged a mod about 5 hours after posting the OP, days ago to make an edit. He has not even replied although I see he's active and posting.... It's my fault however for putting that together with no sleep. I've given up on it, but will message a super mod to see what happens. Thanks tho. ETA Alien fixed it in the OP.

So tonight the trail cam is going up. It has a 4 hour run time and he's going to set it for 7-11 PM (nightfall is at 7) with KFC as bait from a line high up. There also were tracks on the far side of the creek, deeper in the forest, although they were so faint that he didn't feel they were worth taking photos of...and they were BIG. I saw them on TV before, but actually looking at one's outline is mind boggling. He has been doing it for 40 years, so doesn't care about taking evidence from footprints anymore unless they're extremely defined. I'll be back later, hopefully with news of capturing one on camera.

The peanut butter and burritos I put up were also taken overnight (with a monstrous footprint nearby...altho faint). A stump I set up was also knocked over.
edit on 27-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Sweet! Think you could take a picture of the footprint?
What about the video/photo evidence you were working on?
Keep up the updates bud

edit on 27-10-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Exactly what I was going to say! OP,you have a perfect chance to get some proof...why not take it? It's something.

This is becoming an interesting thread and I too get the feeling you are telling the truth. I'm a believer that bigfoot does exist.Whether or not that is what is taking your food or not is another story. Looking forward to some more updates

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
sprinkle a lot of talc powder below where the bait is hanging

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
sprinkle a lot of talc powder below where the bait is hanging

The scent might throw off a wild critter. If you have any loose dirt you could sprinkle around the area, that might be better.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

YOU DO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE DONT YOU ?

Some tv program has offered $10 million for a bigfoot/squatch/yeti .

As you have given them directions to where you think one may
or may not be visiting .

ITS ON YOUR HANDS (the blood) if real and you have tried to befriend
him/her with food offerings.

A BIG PAT ON YOUR BACK (of your head if i had the chance)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Pretty sure he and the authorities can get the guys with guns to go away if they show up across the street from his house to go hunting 60 yards from a neighborhood with large bore rifles.

THe only issue with overly habituating a animal, even a smart one like a sasquatch, is that eventually it will get comfortable enough to move around inside the neighborhood maybe looking through trash like a coyote does for foods and my fear is that is when it will get it's self into trouble. For the animals safety, you might want to leave he food somewhere deeper in the woods across the street so that the animal still stays a good distance from the neighborhood and roadsides where it cant get spotted.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well, I'll say it's a very interesting thread, but not one pic to date. Since this is the Gray Area, I won't "howl" too much.

My guess is that there won't be any trailcam pics. Ever. There'll be one excuse after another.

But, let's be optimistic. Anything can happen!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

But he hasn't made excuses...and has an expert BFRO agent already on the case. What more you want, an immediate photograph? It takes days of tracking and monitoring to know what's the best location and by then the creature(s) may be onto you if they're even halfway intelligent (tracked a pack of wolves before). Infrared trail cams that don't hum, aren't humongous, obvious boxes, have minimal photograph delay etc. are not cheap. It's understandable the BFRO agent only has 1 available and he's busy doing other cases as I live in the South East too and there's always reports of Sasquatches. Neither the investigators or the people involved have anything to gain from it either.

Go camping sometime in the middle of the Sierras and have boulders hurled beside you while in complete darkness because you're in someone's territory. Fun experience bro.

In the end, if the OP does get some better evidence, it will undoubtedly be based entirely upon the trust that the creature has for him.
Build the trust and you can get better evidence. Otherwise, slim chance. They're not stupid.
edit on 31-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah cut the guy some slack because he hasn't updated his thread in a few days. He's a family man and has a lot of other responsibilities. It's been halloween weekend, todays halloween (sad haven't seen one girl dressed hot yet
) so the guy might be a little busy with the family.

I say we wait and see if he comes back with some updates, and hold judgement for now.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

He gave an update earlier in the "Scientists prove Sasquatch" thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
He's waiting to get video footage before updating but like I said, if you don't build trust first, you won't get anything so vivid. I sometimes wish I took a photo during that Indian experience I mentioned earlier in this thread, but think I'd hate myself for cheapening such a moment by doing so.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is definitely one of the coolest threads I've read on this site in a long time. Very interesting, and thanks so much for the great updates and all the videos you and Fantom have posted. Will be checking this one for some time to come. Hope you get some good evidence! And that you don't get overrun by hillbilly's with guns looking for some kind of trophy. That kind of crap makes me embarrassed to be a human.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Hey thanks for pointing me to the update! Very neighborly of you!

For those who haven't clicked on the link to the other thread here is a synopsis of what he said in his mini update.

He's confirmed he's been pretty busy the last few days but that the researcher and he are still on the case. He's been leaving KFC in bags 7 feet off the ground and the bag has been torn open with all of the contents removed.

Where the sasquatch has been knocking over the stump after each episode of taking the food and treats the OP has left a plush monkey doll with the tail removed so it looks like a mini sasquatch. He hasn't updated as to what the animals response was to the monkey doll.

According to a separate eyewitness ( he wasn't there) a woman was jogging down the road and something started shaking a tree in response.

He gave more info on the background of the researcher, which was actually pretty impressive.

I have a idea I'd like to get the other posters take on. The stump being knocked over every time he goes back to check up on the food and treats he's left out. I think what the sasquatch is communicating is sorta like when spy's leave a signal that they have either made or received the package drop. It's the animal's way of saying Hey was here, took the food, thanks. I wonder if the stump is overturned on days when there was no food left out or if it only happens when the food is left out for the animals to take. Also, this could be a method of communication similar to tree branch twisting and snapping to other sasquatches. As if to say hey was back at base camp (where ever the sasquatch family is bedding) I'm fine, going back out again. I dunno. Has any researchers commented on anything like that before or notices similar behavior?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I have a idea I'd like to get the other posters take on. The stump being knocked over every time he goes back to check up on the food and treats he's left out. I think what the sasquatch is communicating is sorta like when spy's leave a signal that they have either made or received the package drop. It's the animal's way of saying Hey was here, took the food, thanks. I wonder if the stump is overturned on days when there was no food left out or if it only happens when the food is left out for the animals to take. Also, this could be a method of communication similar to tree branch twisting and snapping to other sasquatches. As if to say hey was back at base camp (where ever the sasquatch family is bedding) I'm fine, going back out again. I dunno. Has any researchers commented on anything like that before or notices similar behavior?

THIS is an awesome idea. You could make a spreadsheet of when the stump is knocked over and if there was food or not.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thanks. I bet if we just asked the OP about it he could tell us directly whether the stump being over turned correlates directly to the treats being taken. Really interesting to see what the answer is.

Meanwhile I'm going to go look at various reports and see if anyone has mentioned similar behavior. Maybe not with a tree stump but some other type of object. I know other people have had some success habituating them by leaving out treats or gifts and that they do reciprocate in some way. I'll start with those type of reports and see if there are other instances of this type of behavior.

Watch the OP doesn't leave the treats out for a few days and wakes up in the middle of the night with the stump being thrown through his living room window by sasquatch as if to say "WTF Man!!! Oggg hungry!!!! You bring treats now!!!!" OK a bad joke. But still thats also something to think about. Animal gets used to the free meal. Gets frustrated when he gets shut off, expresses frustration by redecorating your front yard.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

In regards to the stump, I think what should be addressed first is: are there any animals, living in Arkansas, that are known to purposely knock over stumps when they see them? Do Coyotes, deer, bears, or mountain lions do this? A squirrel and raccoon I know wouldn't and are probably too weak.

ETA
reply to post by Malynn

oO...glad you enjoyed them. I usually troll and people here don't like Masons, so I rarely get thanked. Yay.

edit on 1-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

lol You're right. Asking him would totally work. But being the technology nerd I am my mind immediately went to data and spreadsheets.

I had never heard of BFRO, and I am just blown away at all the stuff I've read/watched on this thread and the other popular thread about the subject over the last two days. I'm a total believer now.

*grins* I'm smart enough to realize that being a mason doesn't necessarily mean you're intent on controlling and or destroying the world. I come from a very long line of Masons. If I was a dude, I'd probably get pressured to join. As it was, I was herded into the organization for the daughters of masons at 11. I can guarantee you my family members who are masons (who live in WI btw) have no connection to nefarious plots. It's a boys club they use for networking, dressing-up in funny clothes with impressive looking medallions, and recite rituals they don't understand.

edit on 11/1/12 by Malynn because: Punctuation is not my huckleberry...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a bear would knock over a tree stump to look for stuff to eat underneath or inside of it. But they lave huge claw marks and teeth marks. ANd they try to tear apart the stump to get at hat lives inside of it. So it doesn't sound like its a bear doing this.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Appreciate you pointing to the update so others can see it..but why didn't he post that in here? You would think he would since this is HIS thread and theres obviously people following this. I hope he comes back soon with a better update.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well guy I'm a little let down from the lack of information, but I'm just trying to tell myself it's because your very busy, or nothing has really happened,, but part of me still is getting a tad doubtful now. Prove me wrong good sir, I know if I had a squatch in my backyard I'd be pretty in to it. I hope to hear from you again!
Have a good day

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join