It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squatch Visiting My Woods?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Very interesting. I live in Georgia in the western part of the state bordering Alabama and my deer land is practically in Alabama. I wonder what my chances are (if they exist) of ever stumbling across a Bigfoot? Now until the rest of my life hopefully, I'll be in the woods at least 4 times a week during the fall.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Another thing, maybe it's because he trusts you or doesn't know about different harming effects that can be found in food. (IF I was an uncompassionate person I'd drug the food
) for all the animal knows your doing something to the food, but I probably answered my own question, he or she or they or it, probably trusts you.

Has anyone ever tried putting sleepy time meds in their bait? I'm not recommending it nor condoning it.
Thanks, Jake

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Very interesting! I definitely want to hear more!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

thats what it sounded to me as well, or some kind of fog horn.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Pardon me, but can you please explain to me how that so called big foot howl is not in fact the sound of a type of tornado siren ? We have those going off every day at noon here in the Mid West to make sure it works in the event of a real tornado. Is it possible to actually show us a picture of the place where the sounds were really heard as opposed to just random shots of the woods or a forest area. Because , if the sounds were heard in , say, a neighborhood, I'm guessing people figure out real fast that these sounds are nothing more than a testing of the tornado sirens. As a matter of fact, the ones in our area sound EXACTLY like that which is why I recognized it right away.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
After he left I informed my visiting brother (bro #2) about what had happened and we went out soon after dusk. We laid down pennies and quarters, all face up, and I put down 4 polished stones on another trail in a cross shape pattern. We then put out popcorn and other food and left.

I think you got the BF investigator in too soon, he will up set the surrounding site with cameras and other surveillance gear, this in turn will drive away the creature.

You and your brother should have carried on putting out food and stones like you mentioned, get it to trust you or used to you, then lay some trap cameras out.

There is a BF documentary that i have been trying to locate, this tells of how BF marks it's territory, taking large tree stumps up to 15ft high and placing them in the ground up side down. You might wanna take a look around the woods and see if you can find any unusual trees stumps.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
To my fellow Arkansas lad, lonewolf19792000, I live in Bryant. You're welcome to come over and verify/experience this for yourself (if you're not some psycho).

So the BFRO agent didn't come by tonight as he's working another case (newspaper deliverer spotted one on the road at 4:00 AM a few miles from here). I put Ritz crackers, still in the bag, dangling from a branch last night and it was all gone by the morning although the grapes (still attached to the grape stem) I set out weren't taken. The wrapper and any crumbs were missing too, so it was taken away to be eaten. I put more Ritz crackers out this night and moved the grapes elsewhere on a tree. I then sat beside my security cam inside (the mic can hear anything in the near forest). My Mom and I both heard, at around 11:30 PM, 5 low volume but very deep "roars" (she said it sounded "like a lion", which I partially agree with, but it's not entirely like it). There was some overlapping, so it seemed like 2 individuals. At 12:10 AM, I (since my Mom went to call/tell everyone she knows...) heard rustling and snapping of 2 branches. At 12:30 AM I heard a raccoon scream really loud and abruptly stop. I listened some more, with only scant moving sounds for an hour, until hearing clear and heavy bipedal footsteps at 1:40 AM for about 6 seconds. I stopped listening at 4:40 AM, after hearing nothing else for hours. What's more, I had 2 guests over to purchase a cabinet and we were talking in my driveway at 9:00 PM, well after dark. The young girl kept glancing into the forest and when I asked her "see something? she just said it felt like she was being looked at. I didn't tell them anything and they left. I will check on the forest in a few hours at daylight.

The BFRO agent is coming by tomorrow night to setup an extremely thin thread, like a spider thread, up around the forest at the 7ft level to see their travel path. He also has one of the best trail cams, that takes a black flash and is very sleek, that he's going to try hiding. He has files of print photos of them already with it (unfortunately, no matter how good it is it's always "a man in a costume"). He's going to set out some cookie packages and typical treats too. I have no sophisticated surveillance equipment, or I'd be using an infrared scope from my roof each night. I'm trying not to get obsessed by this, as it's effecting my graduate studies and work, but here I am at nearly 6:00 AM and still not having slept!

@the horn/siren, I've lived here for 6 years and we all know what a tornado siren sounds like. The siren is miles away too and could be heard by everyone in the area because it's much louder than what my parents heard. I could say "my dog" twice and have it nearly the same too, but doesn't mean I'm robotic. I was reading some reports earlier from Arkansas and found one filed to the BFRO, from last year, and they said it sounded just like that Ohio howling too. They were deep in the forest and said the howls were traveling away from them. www.bfro.net...
They said the sounds lasted from midnight to 3:00 AM. The sounds my parents heard were around midnight too. No siren goes off at that time of night here.
However, maybe that doesn't satisfy, so I did some searching and found another audio instance - but one not so easily mistaken.
www.bfro.net...
This one isn't anything I heard, but sounds quite upset and big. Thought it was interesting to share. I'd get the Hell out of there after hearing this.
www.bfro.net...

To the person who said leave a pict of Bigfoot and myself, tbh, I'm scared of whatever is in those woods (at least to the point of making contact right now). I'll ask the investigator if he thinks they can even recognize a photo tho to see if it's worth trying. He has been tracking and investigating Sasquatches for 40 years, some of the time for the government, so is possibly the most informed person on the subject I'll ever find. Luckily he lives nearby and doesn't mind coming over.

Wow, need to get some sleep now...all 2 hours of it....

And, lol, no I wouldn't ever try poisoning it, Jake. Keep that idea away from my brother tho because he's maybe the type that would do it for the chance to get a body!
edit on 24-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by panicman66

I don't know for how long they have been watching my bro and I placing food there tho. It could be just weeks, or it could be years. We didn't know of their presence until the 13th.

You're right tho, I personally would like to not bother so much and discreetly put cams in later, but winter is coming and the trees are going to shed soon which means no more visits. I'm possibly moving to Nevada in May too, so it's like a "now or never" deal. I don't have the equipment necessary (and, alas, finances to get some) right now to do it myself, so am putting most of it in the BFRO agent's hands. He's extremely capable tho so I'm confident with him.

Hmm, interesting stump idea, I'll check the forest for anything like that, thanks.
did it mention anything else to possibly look for?
edit on 24-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Did not get see the rest if the film, i marked it so i could watch later, but then lost it

If i find it i will send you a message and a link,

Good hunting and be careful dude.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Your thread has got me hooked!
ive subscribed to it so i can keep up to date.
thanks for the great reporting

anyone have another link for the original Patterson footage that TheLegend posted on pg 2?
its blocked in the UK due to the Discovery Channel rights BS!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Very well written post. I hope you will continue to share your adventures despite the naysayers.
There seem to be more sightings than ever lately. I wonder if, as the Native American Elders say,
it is due to our troubled times. There are some interesting photos and videos on the Angels Lighthouse website,
AngelsLighthouse

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Man, you and the investigator sure are running through lots of snacks
it's gotta get costly at some point ya?

What did this investigator say they typically eat or "hunt" (besides human snacks). You said some neighborhood cats went missing?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Interesting read. To me the first video sound exactly like our local fire department sirens but slowed down slightly.
The second audio sounds like various animal noises that someone played around with the speed of.

Still an interesting story.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

WOW Ledgend the first video sent chills down my spine but the second one sounded unrealistic sorry fantastic info and i'm a bleiver. thanks for posting take care outside.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
PLEASE try and get some evidence up from whatever happens the next few nights. Of course the photos will always be a man in a suit for a lot of people, I genuinely believe your story and would love to see some. Keep it up!!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm with pressthebutton on this one. Do whatever you need to do to get some evidence. tracks area great start. You know where they are traversing so make it easy for tracks to be left where you think the travel regularly.

For instance. You can take a metal soil rake and churn up the soil making it soft near where you leave some treats. then take a normal leaf rake to smooth out the soil thats been overturned. Security professionals do this all the time near fences etc so they can see who coming and going or if there's been an intruder.

If the sasquatch wants the treats I doubt he's going to care that the soil has just been freshly raked. He might stop for a second to ponder it but I doubt it will care and that it will probably still go for the food. Also try wetting down a small patch of soil underneath the hanging treats.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My late father had an encounter with something like a sasquatch/Bigfoot. He was an ex-military man as well (Green Beret).

This happened before I was born; my mother has told me his story several times. He was walking in some woods near their house (south-central KY) and saw a creature resembling what we would call Bigfoot. It stared and looked at him; he put several shots into it with a handgun. The creature merely grunted, stepped over a fence, and walked off.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Halloween's comin', Lousy teenagers.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Any updates????

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Very interesting! I believe in bigfoots, not sure if that howl was actually a squatch though, could be but who knows :p

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join