It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squatch Visiting My Woods?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSirens

A lot of reports from all over the world describe the sasquatch howl as something very similar to a tornado siren. Usually a little more bassy then the whine of a tornado siren they claim.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Doesn't the guy have a camera that records video that he can hide? The flashing pictures camera sounds like a hassle.

You've mentioned a few times of sounds you've heard from your security cam, didn't you record any of them?

I think IF you did get any 100% evidence, I would carefully think about what you would do with it. They seem pretty harmless to me, if they are really out there eating the food you leave them, then they are probably thankful. If proof gets out, people will go out there with guns and maybe the government will get involved, that doesn't sound nice for them.

But of course they seem to be masters of staying hidden, so they would probably be just fine.

edit on 25-10-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

If proof gets out, people will go out there with guns

ats thread

i think the 10 million dollar reward might do that

op - given that you've given out info on your location i'd be careful wandering around in the woods at night

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aynock

op - given that you've given out info on your location i'd be careful wandering around in the woods at night

what kind of comment is this?
why would anyone go out into the woods near the OP?
i hope you dont live near the OP man!
you worry me

edit on 25-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

you worry me

i worry myself sometimes - check out the link to the other thread - someone is offering a 10 million dollar reward for proof of the existence of bigfoot

no threat intended - i'm in the uk and don't own a gun

edit on 25-10-2012 by aynock because: filled out

edit on 25-10-2012 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

you worry me

If you had read his post. he posted the link to a new thread where Spike TV has offered a 10 million dollar reward for a Big Foot....dead or alive. He was actually warning the OP to be safe.....that's a good thing, I think...

Des

edit on 25-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

you worry me

Because psychotic people exist and the internet is public.
Don't see how that doesn't make sense to state, in the concern of the OP's privacy/safety.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hi OP,

Thanks a lot for this thread, I have been following it since the start and I am really impressed of the effort you've put into it thus far, but then again it is something that could be a lot of fun =)

There have been some great ideas about loosening soil to try and catch a footprint and trail cameras etc. But if they like shiny things, won't they take the camera? Maybe it should be chained properly, unless it doesn't matter because the thing is so strong it could be ripped off anyways.

What is the latest update? I am curious =D

Also, you could find some of the infrared motion detectors that run on a battery, and set between 2 trees at a height where no branches or small animals could interfere. Just another idea =)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I wanted to add but i couldn't edit anymore.. Do you know of anyone using any thermal imaging cameras / devices, or trying out some night vision to watch for these things at night?

What imaging technologies do the new 'security' drones flying around the USA have on them? Maybe they see strange things running around the forest as well with the right cameras?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
More are interested in this than I thought. Sorry I've not gotten to this in a few nights, I was just going to update if something drastic (different) happens, but can fill you in on what has been happening anyway if you want to know.

So two nights ago the BFRO agent (Bill) was suppose to set up his equipment but had some medical complications hold him over at the hospital (he's 78 yrs old, I won't go into details, although he says he feels fine (he's surprisingly fit actually)). That night, starting at 11:30 PM, I heard the faint and familiar sounds of bipedal steps and branch cracking, but no growls or primitive talking again. The crackers I set out were taken by the morning. The moving sounds and branch cracking persisted off and on until 1:10 AM when it all stopped.

And then last night I saw my neighbor, a big guy (like 6'3" and pretty athletic) shining a flash light on the forest edge. I went out to ask what he was doing and he was looking for his wife's cat that went missing last week. He walked into the woods and I stayed on the street. I didn't tell him anything and used him as a guinea pig (mixed feelings about doin that). He was going in and out of the forest's trail off and on for a few hours but didn't find anything. This was the only night when the food I set out wasn't taken.

And this night my power went out for 5 hours from a storm, so no mic was listening. However, it has finally rained (poured, I should say, and still is) so the parched ground is going to be drenched by tomorrow. I relocated the food that I put out last night that wasn't eaten and will check on that in the morning + look for tracks (finally). The BFRO investigator will either be coming back this coming night or he's going to assign someone else to the case.

@the security cam, it takes only VHS tapes for recording (that's how old it is lol), which I hooked up earlier today with a blank tape that I'll record with tomorrow (couldn't tonight with no power). When I get something on the tape, I'll replay it to record it with my phone or other device to upload it.

That's crazy about the $10 million reward. I certainly wouldn't condone that unless only tranquilizers were used and the creature is left where it lies with only DNA samples and photos taken from it. With how elusive, powerful, intelligent, and endangered they are tho I'd be impressed if someone did kill one (although not happy). If someone comes here with rifles on my front yard or in the forest, and I can't get the law to do anything about it, then I'll put my vehicles facing the forest with the high beams on and contaminate the woods with human scent.

Hmm, not really an update, but there was a funny story that Bill told of his two Cherokee friends in Oklahoma who were trying to film one that they knew was coming by each night to take bait they left on a tree in a valley. One finished setting up the bait and walked up a hill to lean on a tree, watching the other still set up and conceal the cam down below. It was getting to be near dusk and after a few minutes he lit up a cigarette when a huge arm reached around the tree from behind and twirled him like a rag doll to the ground. It grabbed him by the ankle and started jogging away, dragging him as he was cursing and yelling like crazy (lol). The other Cherokee in the valley pulled out his magnum and shot once into the air and the creature released him. That one who was harassed sat in the vehicle with the doors locked and a gun on his lap until they finished (altho he says he didn't).

@last poster, Phillipines, I don't know of anyone personally who has such equipment. I was told that the earlier models of such devices emitted a humming that they could hear, and concealing them visually, and scent wise, was always a problem. I know Bill has some of the latest equipment tho and will try using it here when he can (or one of his proteges will). Sadly, I have nothing, and can afford nothing right now.
edit on 26-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
Took them 8 months to find the figures in this footage from Canada after reviewing the tapes. There's maybe 4 Sasquatches in this short scene alone but you won't see any of them if you were standing there. It's incredible. One even leaps from tree to tree, holding what appears to be a baby or younger one. No human could do this in a bulky suit.

This is a cool one to see their profile. It was spotted almost immediately by some special needs children (autistic) who were being taken out on a trail in California. The figure is well over 8 feet tall (they do measurements towards the end) and has huge dangling arms and moving hands. It expresses a lot of emotion and thought.

Awesome videos, especially that 2nd one. It's amazing those autistic kids spotted him from that distance. Wow he's huge!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

seriously ..

the intervals are that of a .. air raid siren or the local fire alarm, there's one attached to the fire station in the town not 2 miles from us..

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Very interesting report! Haven't read through anything past the initial post, so don't know if you posted follow-up or not, but hoping so! Nice to see such a detailed report.

A few questions. Do you, or your parents there, have a way to set up something to record sounds? Since there have been a couple of recent times this creature has been heard, it would be awesome to get a recording if possible. Trail cams would be great, but I know cost can be prohibitive.

A suggestion or two. Since you have reported this to BFRO, and they are interested, how often are they checking the area? I would, if I was there, want to do some independent testing, that they weren't aware of, just to rule out any fraud. no, I don't have ANY reason to suspect them (they seem pretty honest), but I would do that for any case like this. More to be able to state that said group didn't fake anything than to prove they might have. Another idea is to maybe set up an area to obtain a print. If you have a way to place bait higher up, perhaps the ground below could be cleared enough, and loose soil placed, to get a footprint? Not sure how to place the bait without having it so a coon could get to it, but guessing there are ways. If this animal is after the bait, though, that might be a way to get more evidence.

In any case, sounds like a real possibility. I do think these animals are real, and it seems like you might have one about.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

There's no siren or any type of alarm across my street, and like I said before:

I was reading some reports earlier from Arkansas and found one filed to the BFRO, from last year, and they said it sounded just like that Ohio howling too. They were deep in the forest and said the howls were traveling away from them. www.bfro.net...
They said the sounds lasted from midnight to 3:00 AM. The sounds my parents heard were around midnight too. No siren goes off at that time of night here.
However, maybe that doesn't satisfy, so I did some searching and found another audio instance - but one not so easily mistaken.
www.bfro.net...

Intervals aren't everything. I can humm a bar twice and have it the same. However, the audio link above is the exact same howl as the one in my OP, but has different intervals and pitch to show it's not mechanical. It has been recorded from other forested areas in this state (Ar.), Mississippi, Ohio and Oklahoma.
It's a living creature.

reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

ETA Indeed, I covered it in the above post, but (now) can record audio for a night on a VHS tape and then can record that with a phone or other device to upload it.

The ground is now damp and ready for tracks (just had a huge storm and rainfall after like 2 weeks of dryness) and hanging bait up is no problem.

Hmm, why would the BFRO be dishonest tho? I'm not paying them and they're not making anything from this that I'm aware of. So far it has been just one, senior investigator coming by every other night and he doesn't mind me watching.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
IT'S NOT A SIREN.

That one audio file the OP posted (this one www.bfro.net...) is exactly what the adult males sound like (I heard it before).
And it's the same howl as the one in the OP. It's the same type of howl that's reported by many Sasquatch reports and is on recordings several times.

Casting doubt on the howl just needlessly muddies the whole subject here.

I want my $10 million, so try to get those investigators to get some photographs with their gear.

Then bake some chocolate chip cookies and make green tea, cuz Fantom is comin to town. Don't worry, I don't use guns. I will sooth the savage Squatch with a lullaby, make it purr with a tummy rub, and stick a swab in its mouth for some old fashioned DNA collecting.
edit on 26-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Here's some great vid for how they sound.
This thermal image is of a 10 foot tall figure. But listen to the language they have. It's so primitive.

The voice is very deep and powerful, even just a startled "Ooh" is (funny vid too).
It also has the earlier growl you gave a link to in the OP, but it's the full version, which sounds much better and less likely to be made by a man.

edit on 27-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

ETA Indeed, I covered it in the above post, but (now) can record audio for a night on a VHS tape and then can record that with a phone or other device to upload it.

The ground is now damp and ready for tracks (just had a huge storm and rainfall after like 2 weeks of dryness) and hanging bait up is no problem.

Hmm, why would the BFRO be dishonest tho? I'm not paying them and they're not making anything from this that I'm aware of. So far it has been just one, senior investigator coming by every other night and he doesn't mind me watching.

I did read through and see about the ground being all wet - should really help! Hope you can catch the sounds; always like listening to those recordings, especially when it's clear they do not match the known wildlife.

I don't think BFRO would be dishonest. I would run stuff myself, if able, just to prove to skeptics that they were NOT dishonest. So many times, I have read about people claiming that this or that group has some reason to lie. Even when those groups are making NO money off these cases, as is the case with them. Everything I have read on their site leads me to believe they are one of the best groups out there. I am just used to dealing with some serious skeptics (other sites, not here!) that will use anything and nothing to question such reports.

Your case is so interesting, I am almost jealous! Almost..... Sometimes, these things can be scary, and while I would kind of like to see one, part of me is glad I haven't. Some of the sounds they make chill the marrow. Listening to the ones you provided that were close to what you heard, I don't now how you go back into those woods!

Anyway, really hoping you can get some more evidence before you have to move away! Sounds like a lot of activity there, and who knows, you could be the guy to finally prove to the world these things are real. Be safe, too!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Of course it's not a siren. Wish I addressed this earlier in the thread, but I thought it was too obvious.
Here's the full audio of the one in my OP.
www.bfro.net...
Maybe the first and 2nd howl are too similar for untrained ears to tell them apart.
But the 3rd howl has slightly different pitch, and is slightly shorter. Then it stops for a while and there's a 4th howl.
Here's that same howl, from a different region and with way different timing. www.bfro.net...

So it's 5:50 AM. I set up a VHS tape to record for the night (altho it's been having problems) and earlier I wet and raked an already really damp area around a tree (that had water naturally going around it) where there was a lot of activity heard before. I put 2 warm bean & cheese burritos in it (all I had on short notice) and a lid filled with peanut butter. I figure that has to be an overwhelming smell for any creature. I then put thorn vines and other nasty little branches around the base of the tree just to be sure nothing can climb it. So, in the morning I will look for tracks for the first time. I'll update again whenever I get some good evidence (and my life gets back on track).

Yeah, they are great investigators and researchers. Very honest about what they do too.
Here's a list of some good, unknown audio sounds you may like.
www.bfro.net...
This one is kind of creepy. It's not a Sasquatch sound, but the guy's story flows well. His dog was recently killed too, and they are said to kill dogs that get too noisy with them. www.bigfootsounds.com...
Please don't be jealous, my life (graduate school, "friends", sleep etc.) is suffering because of this.
And I'm too scared to go out in my woods past nightfall. It's like having an unpredictable, stealthy ninja that can literally pull your head off in an instant living in the forest. That's "their" house now as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 27-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I REALLY hope your telling the truth man! It would be low to lie about someone like this but I think your being honest. It would be absoulutely wonderful if you could get some concrete evidence!!!
Keep up the work and try not to go crazy lol

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You should remove the satellite image for your own security. It is very easy to see where you live with the information you provided. When posting online it is wise not to let people know where you live.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join