It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election already decided?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Bodhi911

We the people are the powers that be. There is no secret cable working the government against the people of the nation. The election process while not perfect is damned good and you knuckelheads who think its already been decided are being led around by the nose by the conspiracy people who have convinced you you live in this fantasy place where there is a secret government. You even believe its true. Lets see how many respond to me saying I am wrong. You're delusional and your gullable and belive anything.
But WE elect the President. We make the decisions and there is no secret govt planning your demise. It used to be when people thought like this they were called paranoid. Not here on ATS though, here they are normal. LOL.

Ok, so you have your beliefs and I have mine.

To me, it makes sense that something important like the election of a president is not left up to the people. We see that in society in general, nothing important is decided by the general uninformed public. Why would the choice of a president be? Makes no sense whatsoever. But its important that the people think they have that choice, because otherwise they feel powerless to change things, and they dont vote. If they dont vote, there is a problem for TBTB. They need the illusion of choice to be there.

To you, it makes sense that TPTB lets the people decide who becomes president. Im asking you... why would they leave this very important decision up to the public? Makes no sense at all. Just like the president of a corporation will do anything to get higher profits, the people in TPTB that do anything to get more power. Choosing the president is of course part of that power.

I dont know man... I still think my opinion makes more sense.

Its ironic that you think I am gullible, when I see how society really works, and you appearently dont. Your opinion is like straight from the school books. Straight from being told what to think. Is it not?

And its not like its difficult to fake an election. Its just numbers. Someone puts the numbers together and presents them. Control those people (or their computer calculations) and you are done. People can vote whatever they want. Doesnt mean its going to be part of the end result.

edit on 23-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PaulieP90

Hahaha Umm.. I'v always thought the American voting system was totally rigged., and the winner was predetermined...

There was a movie with Robin Williams, where the plot went something like that... I forget the name..

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hello all. Long time reader - finally decided to sign up and join the chat.

I work for a news station as a graphic designer and I can tell you that this looks like someone was testing their elections graphics and it accidentally ended up on the air. It happens more often than you think.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by getophyed

Really?

I can buy that but why wouldn't the numbers be equal? It seems to make a lot more sense and you wouldn't have every conspiracy nut on ATS claiming the election is rigged. They could test it by posting up Obama with "X" amount of votes and Romney with the same number. C what I'm saying?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by getophyed
Hello all. Long time reader - finally decided to sign up and join the chat.

I work for a news station as a graphic designer and I can tell you that this looks like someone was testing their elections graphics and it accidentally ended up on the air. It happens more often than you think.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't you have other ways of "testing" your screens, other than actually broadcasting them to countless people?

Would a "test" screen have to be filled out with real names & real (believable) numbers?

I think you're way too trusting.

This was no accident. They wanted those bogus numbers seen by countless people.

Do you understand what a subliminal message is?

It's used in advertising all the time to sway potential customers. Very effective.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Anyone watching People's Court (or tv for that matter) deserves whatever is displayed on the screen.

Pretty fun watching folks pick out scraps of BS from the BS machine.
edit on 23-10-2012 by elmoastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well someone posted the real percentage that voted in the last election and it was less than half.

So how does the system continue? Why doesnt it all stop? Why don't the people riot until they have to sit down and renegotiate a people system, like proportional democracy where your votes count and there are more parties and groups to select, and make it easier to start a party, and where they have to form coalitions, not winner take all.

I would imagine that less than half the voters voting, would be like in our country, the PM's party introducing a bill and getting voted down, it folds the government. Why doesn't this fold the corrupt system?

If the majority of citizens cannot endorse the parties or those running, that means the country needs to be overhauled.

edit on 23-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The daily caller already has the story and apparently CBS is trying to claim they were running election software and it just happened to appear on tv.

Look, Obamamaniac sycophants will never admit their side lies, cheats, steals, and even kills to win elections. They won't admit they ever do anything wrong or that their guy is a certified anti-American Communist loving traitor. So, now that I've said, I feel better. It won't change anything. Hell, if Obama was Jim Jones, they'd down that kool-aid and tell us it's a health drink!

The 2012 presidential election is still more than two weeks away, but on Friday a CBS News affiliate in Arizona called the race for President Barack Obama.

For 17 seconds, Phoenix, Arizona CBS News affiliate KPHO ran a lower third graphic that showed that Obama had won the Nov. 6 election over Gov. Mitt Romney with 99% of the precincts reporting. The lower third graphic appeared around 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 19, during an episode of “The People’s Court.”

The CBS News graphic showed Obama winning the election with 43 percent of the vote nationwide to Romney’s 40 percent -– or 40,237,966 votes to 38,116,216. It is unclear who garnered the other 17 percent in the fictional election results.

KPHO’s general manager did not return The Daily Caller’s request for comment by time of publication.

UPDATE 12:10 p.m.:

Michele Wallace of KPHO told TheDC that this was the result of a mistake made with a test graphic:

“On Friday October 19th during a test of KPHO- CBS 5’s election returns software we inadvertently aired a test graphic for about 15 seconds in an episode of Peoples Court,” Wallace said. “The mistake was caught quickly and taken off the screen. With the election about 2 weeks away, the TV station routinely tests its equipment to ensure our viewers have the very latest’s results on election night. We regret the error and apologize to any viewer who was confused by the mistake.” [url=http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/21/cbs-news-affiliate-calls-2012-presidential-race-for-barack-obama-weeks-ahead-of-election/#ixzz29zidtm00]SOURCE[ /url]

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Even Sarah Palin made mention of this whole fiasco on Facebook. For those of you who don't have Facebook, I copied&pasted for you. Take it for what you will

Sarah Palin- Isn't it a little premature to call the race for Obama two weeks before the election? It looks like a CBS News affiliate in Phoenix Arizona did just that last Friday for 17 seconds when they flashed a graphic showing Obama beating Romney with 99% of the precincts reporting. CBS needs to explain this. But whatever their explanation, let's make this their "Dewey Defeats Truman" moment. Please remember to tune in to the important debate tonight. The momentum for this election is not with Obama, regardless of what some in the media might want to think.- Sarah Palin

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Of COURSE the election has been decided. Amusing that some of you actually think it hasn't.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The url is: pic100.picturetrail.com... Doesn't seem like a reputable source to me. Somebody's wishful thinking.

I'd like it to be true but doubt this picture.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lvpipe
OK, this is a hoax. If you look at the "results" Pres Obama gets 43% and Romney gets 40%. WHO DID THE OTHER 17% VOTE FOR??? Try some critical thinking all

A write in candidate maybe?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
For you all.

It's not fake. They really did air it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I wasn't being serious. I voted for Chuck Baldwin in 08.

Whatever problems arise, post-2012, from Romney and Obama won't be in my name either. My vote isn't going to them.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by lvpipe
OK, this is a hoax. If you look at the "results" Pres Obama gets 43% and Romney gets 40%. WHO DID THE OTHER 17% VOTE FOR??? Try some critical thinking all

While I know this is nonsense I do like the results.

Which is why you call this conspiracy "nonsense"

I bet if the results showed a win for Romney you would be racing to get your tin foil hat membership.

---------------------------------

and if they were testing "software" why in the hell would you post it on the air?
edit on 23-10-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Nice try...........LOL...boy the haters are coming out.

No date on the screen shot, so, as far as I am concerned it's from the last election, or have you figured out a way to time travel into November?

I don't know if it is ultimately a hoax, but my friend was telling me yesterday that he heard about the exact same thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

That is Some CRAZY stuff right there ! I wonder by chance if T.V Networks practice the graphics for up coming situations such as a Presidential Election? Maybe by "Chance" this was just a practice graphic accidentally shown on Network "Live" TV? If not! There is irrefutable proof of a Rigged election!'
'

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The one poster above who said that the station was testing their graphics makes sense, and can't be easily ignored as a possible explanation . However, with that said, I recall the same thing happened with Romney . Where Romney was declared the Republican candidate winner before the actual votes were ever counted. I think it was Google who first released the news article then it disappeared. In the end Romney won and unfortunately for us we have the ObamNey ticket.

In addition, I have a hard time believing that Obama is going to lose solely because the amount of money that was put forward by the lobbyist and special interest groups to get ObamaCare or RomneyCare v2 to pass. Note I don't think its because Romney will undo it or even try to, but because it would be harder to justify passing it or undoing it under a republican that has been running his whole campaign in removing something that he did in his home state.

Either-way, The election was already decided long ago when Romney and Obama were picked as the two party candidates.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
That CBS video was no test thats for sure, i agree with the notion that this was leaked.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

thankyou
that made myself and my ten year old son laugh quite alot.
Priceless

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join