It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Our Leaders Really Incompetent … Or Just Pretending?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Regardless my point still stands. The US spends the most on the military.

This where I got the 1500 from, I guess it's wrong?

No 1. USA
Navy personnel 332,000
Navy ship 1,559
Ports and Harbors 10
Aircraft carriers 11
Submarines 75
Amphibious craft 38

With 332 thousand personnel in active duty and a further 124 thousand in reserve, the United States Navy is the largest in the world. The battle fleet tonnage of the USN is greater than the next 13 largest navies combined.

10 Largest Navies in the World

edit on 10/24/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
We might be the largest navy in the world.
But I wouldn't consider our reserve fleet to be a battle fleet.

More like a 50 year old bus fleet.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

So you have the option between suicide of the hijackers, or impossible conspiracy with no evidence.

The hijackers were al qaeda Kamikazes right? So how come al Qaeda still exist, didn't they die on 9/11?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Because when a select number of a certain group dies it does not mean that all members of that group dies.

This is logic 101, I kind of hope you are getting to some brilliant point, though I am not holding my breath.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

Because when a select number of a certain group dies it does not mean that all members of that group dies.

This is logic 101, I kind of hope you are getting to some brilliant point, though I am not holding my breath.

How about you demonstrate the greatness of your logic and tell me what do you think my point is?

edit on 24-10-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Given your terrible track record at logic, I suspect that it is something along the lines that if Al-quaida can still exist after those attacks, so could the people in power. And therefore it was them.

Or something equally illogical. But feel free to surprise me.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

Given your terrible track record at logic, I suspect that it is something along the lines that if Al-quaida can still exist after those attacks, so could the people in power. And therefore it was them.

Or something equally illogical. But feel free to surprise me.

You got it... except for "therefor it was them" part. I would change it to therefor they could have done it just like the terrorists.

And I'm curious what is illogical about it?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Because 28 Navy SEALs died in a helicopter accident, there are no more SEALs.......that is the type of logic you used. Reality does not work that way.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

And your point is? Yes, we spend money on our military. YOU reap the benefits of US military spending every time you get on the Internet and a few dozen other ways that you take for granted as part of your everyday life.

Then there is this...

You dont prevent war by having just enough of a military to barely get it done when it comes to war. You prevent war by scaring the hell out of everyone when the first Private steps off the plane.

And yes, your website is horribly out of date.
edit on 24-10-2012 by vipertech0596 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596

Because 28 Navy SEALs died in a helicopter accident, there are no more SEALs.......that is the type of logic you used. Reality does not work that way.

I advise you to read the beginning of that conversation and let me know what you think about it please.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

You dont prevent war by having just enough of a military to barely get it done when it comes to war. You prevent war by scaring the hell out of everyone when the first Private steps off the plane.

So we have enough weapons to fight two wars for 10 years but we don't have enough to prevent them?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Nah. Too many folks jump in on my conversations with their illogic. Im trying it out for a change.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Nah. Too many folks jump in on my conversations with their illogic. Im trying it out for a change.

You're welcome to cut in on my conversations any time you want. And 28 SEALs comment should be addressed to the other guy because he insists that nobody except the hijackers would be able to pull it off because it was a suicide mission.
edit on 24-10-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The US Military could not pull off another Desert Shield if it had to, today. We do not have nearly the military we used to. Hell the majority of our combat aircraft are 20 years old.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

We haven't advanced a single step. So you believe the people in power hijacked those planes and gave their lives in the process (of course not all of them).

So how did that go according to you? Were they drawing straws at the bilderberg meeting deciding who was going to fly those planes and die?

There are passenger lists, who exactly were they?
edit on 24-10-2012 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I advice you to follow your own advice and put more efford in reading what the person you are discussing actually writes. Reread this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

do you still think that I said that the people in power could not do a suicide mission? If so reread the post until you have understood it.

So... You were arguing against a strawman argument. Now that's sorted out, please answer my previous post.
edit on 25-10-2012 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The US Military could not pull off another Desert Shield if it had to, today. We do not have nearly the military we used to. Hell the majority of our combat aircraft are 20 years old.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I was in a Navy squadron and our planes were built in the 60's, but they were still relevant, and had the latest equipment. Most Navy planes were designed in the 60's and 70's but have undergone many modifications. The F-14 first flew in 1970, are you saying the Tomcat is not still one of the top military planes? Even the F-18 was designed in the 70's and is going to replace everything.

I was in 'Desert Shield' and 'Desert Storm', I have no idea why you think it couldn't be done now. The US military is still the largest in the world, regardless of cuts. You could cut it in half, and it would still be bigger than most of the worlds military.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Sorry for jumping in here ANOK , but isnt that a bad thing ?

The size of the military i mean.

Its not like ANYONE is going to invade America , and its not like America has a legitimate reason for attacking anyone , infact come to think of it , i dont think they have ever had one ....... not once.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

Yes it's a bad thing, I never said it was a good thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Sorry , I misunderstood your point ANOK

I thought you were trying to "big up" the drone army , which i thought was unlike you since i`ve seen you post on here for a couple of years now ..... i used to assist you in the dropping of 6000 wigga-what knowladge bombs on -V- in the 911 forums

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join