It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Our Leaders Really Incompetent … Or Just Pretending?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
People believe the official story based on faith that the government isn’t competent enough to have pulled off an act of treason so large, ... Faith that our government wouldn’t murder thousands of its own citizens for political gain, .... Faith that the White House was trying so hard to block the investigation of 9/11 because they didn't want to expose their incompetence only, .... Faith that there were nothing incriminating in the destroyed documents such as Able Danger, FAA and whatever documents Sandy Berger destroyed, .... Faith that Philip Zelikow didn't abuse his 9/11 Commission executive director status to protect the Administration, ... Faith that Donald Evans didn't influence the final NIST report to protect his friend George W. Bush, .... Faith that people who knew something would have blown the whistle by now, .... Faith that the media would love to expose a government conspiracy if it were true,... Faith that the Afghanistan war was in response to 9/11, not the huge amounts of opium and the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline.

If you read linked sources in this article you will see that they are not as incompetent as they tricked people to believe.

And they are capable of doing some horrific things to get what they want.

Are Our Leaders Really Incompetent … Or Just Pretending?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Incompetence would really deflate all of the ingrained Conspiracy Theories that presently make up my rather fragile psyche at the moment. I would have to give up my tin foil hat. No way!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Shouldn't the question be who is really incompetent our leaders or the American people? It's the people that elect and allow our leaders to do these things.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

if they are incompetent
why are they running everything?

nope, for the average sheeple, "thinking" they are smarter than those in charge of the farm
serves just like a narcotic drug.

many on this planet are addicted.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

if they are incompetent why are they running everything?

Haha, maybe some of the debunkers know the answer.

Because the only thing I can come up with is that they are not incompetent.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Shouldn't the question be who is really incompetent our leaders or the American people? It's the people that elect and allow our leaders to do these things.

People deserve the Governmant they get... Can't remember who said it, but I totally agree.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Is a video game villain incompetent or pretending? Is the bad guy in a movie incompetent or pretending?

Are we powerless... or just pretending?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Is a video game villain incompetent or pretending? Is the bad guy in a movie incompetent or pretending?

The villain in a video game is not real and the bad guy in a movie is an actor..... What's your point?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

The villain in a video game is not real and the bad guy in a movie is an actor..... What's your point?

Dunno.

Guess we'll just have to keep playing!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You are using the wrong word. Try using arrogance. Arrogance that the Cold War ended all possible threats to our homeland. Arrogance that two oceans would be a good defense. Arrogance that all disputes could be talked out. Arrogance that we were invincible.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596

You are using the wrong word. Try using arrogance. Arrogance that the Cold War ended all possible threats to our homeland. Arrogance that two oceans would be a good defense. Arrogance that all disputes could be talked out. Arrogance that we were invincible.

I can accept that some Government officials had that mentality. but certainly it wasn't, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and the rest of the neocons. These guys were working on The Continuity in Government, Project for the New American Century and things like that for years.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Ah yes, the same old, tired, claims that PNAC had something to do with it. Sorry, not even close.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Ah yes, the same old, tired, claims that PNAC had something to do with it. Sorry, not even close.

Hahaha you just posted a list of Arrogant beliefs that supposedly made it possible for the terrorists to attack us. And PNAC proves that the neocons in Bush administration did not have those arrogant beliefs.

What exactly is not even close?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

They were not expecting what we saw on 9/11 either. They had assumed any issues would be overseas.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

They were not expecting what we saw on 9/11 either. They had assumed any issues would be overseas.

Whatever makes you feel better.

I could be mistaken but i think they were talking about a possibility of something like Pearl Harbor happening.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Whatever makes you feel better.

I could be mistaken but i think they were talking about a possibility of something like Pearl Harbor happening.

exactly, Pearl Harbor = an attack on American soil. 9/11 = Attack on American soil. Therefore, I don't think they assumed an attack overseas.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think the problem is that you use the word government without ever specifying which part of it is perpetrating it. I've heard some about the CIA, which is reasonable, considering that they do illegal stuff without even consulting the government half the time, but that's not the entirety of the government. It would make sense to have Bush be privy to it, but only to an extent due to his father being part of the CIA (if memory serves. I'm probably forgetting something).

It's not that the government is incompetent. It is made up of hundreds of very intelligent men and women. The problem is that the government cannot work together. There are always conflicting interests and errors made every day. In order for a conglomeration to pull off 9/11, they would have to all agree to kill American citizens for some stupid greedy reason. No, it's much more reasonable that if someone did pull off the 9/11 conspiracy, that it was only a few members within the government who had enough power and money to keep it secret from the rest of the government's eyes and ears.

In my opinion, it would be much easier for someone on the inside to simple "overlook" the obvious signs of a terror attack and occasionally "misplace" files, or consider people to be not a threat, even though they were on a watch list for suspicious activity (which pretty much every hijacker on 9/11 was). I still don't see any evidence for the far-reaching demands of the popular 9/11 conspiracy, but it is very clear to see some sort of failure/treason on members within the government.
edit on 22-10-2012 by Varemia because: typo

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If you spent one week as a government employee, you would find hundreds of example of how incompetent upper leadership in Washington D.C. really is. That's what happens when you elect doctors to congressional seats and they appoint their buddies and donors as directors to various agencies. So, yes, I find 9/11 to be a shining example of ineptitude on every level, rather than a planned event.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

It's not that the government is incompetent. It is made up of hundreds of very intelligent men and women. The problem is that the government cannot work together. There are always conflicting interests and errors made every day. In order for a conglomeration to pull off 9/11, they would have to all agree to kill American citizens for some stupid greedy reason. No, it's much more reasonable that if someone did pull off the 9/11 conspiracy, that it was only a few members within the government who had enough power and money to keep it secret from the rest of the government's eyes and ears.

This is where the idea of Israeli agents playing a significant role in assuring the attacks go as planned comes into play. All it takes is for a couple higher government officials to collaborate with an entire foreign intelligence agency (aka the MOSSAD) and the whole thing would go as planned. Not one other person in the US government would have any idea what kind of plan was being hatched if no one else in the US government was involved.

In my opinion, it would be much easier for someone on the inside to simple "overlook" the obvious signs of a terror attack and occasionally "misplace" files, or consider people to be not a threat, even though they were on a watch list for suspicious activity (which pretty much every hijacker on 9/11 was). I still don't see any evidence for the far-reaching demands of the popular 9/11 conspiracy, but it is very clear to see some sort of failure/treason on members within the government.

I think "far-reaching" only applies to certain theories. If you're a person who boldly says "9-11 was an inside job" then you're assuming the military was in on it as well as the FAA, etc. If you say "a few elements within the government played a role" then it doesn't come off as far fetched. If people flat out believe everyone in the government played a role then I don't know how they survive with the reality they're living in lol

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

People believe the official story based on faith that the government isn’t competent enough to have pulled off an act of treason so large, ...

You can't equal the lack of omnipotence to incompetence. People in power can both be very competent at governing and be very incompetent at pulling off one of the most impossible conspiracy scenarios made up. In fact, nobody would be able to pull it off.

As for people in power being incompetent, they are just people like you and me. They screw things up, just like you and me. Though sometimes their actions make you think they screw things up more often. I have no doubt that a lot of people the in power act purely in their own interest, with hidden agenda's and all. The good thing about a democracy is that getting the population happy about you often coincides with these self interests.

Of course you can try and find all kind of deeper conspiracies behind it all, but without evidence there is nothing more than speculation. To use a word you seem to like, its nothing more than faith if you choose to believe in conspiracies without evidence.
edit on 22-10-2012 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join