It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The incubator milk warmers of consciousness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I mean, who wouldn't want a warm, cookie and milk incubator?

I'd sleep and snack the hell out that that thing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Well you know Satan and God fight over the cookies and milk at dawn...theyre both incubators of love

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeANDreaming
reply to post by AQuestion

I have never been a religious person honestly. However, I do emulate the teachings of Jesus everyday. Not because I believe he is my savior, or because if not I may go to hell. I do it simply because that is what happens naturally when I view the world and others from my heart. In my opinion his teachings have become something the real Jesus would not want his name associated with. Way to much judgement and projection of ones own fears onto others for my taste.

Please do not take offense to my words here, it was not an attack towards you or your beliefs at all.

Dear AwakeANDreaming,

I sure hope you read the whole thread and see how I responded to the OP. The name Jesus Christ means "God's salvation" or "God's forgiveness". I think your words were fine and did not feel in anyway offended. I have been told on this site that I should die because I am a Christian. You did not say such a thing, you question me and that is not a threat to me, that is what we should do, question one another and find OUR answers, not mine. There are people that claim to be christians that think that it is some sort of game when you have to say his name with exactly the right sound, I guess the deaf are in trouble. We are to bow to his name; but, the meaning and not the sound. That is why he will tell many who call his name that he never knew them, they don't get that part. The final question in this life is easy, it is do you forgive everyone who did you wrong, that is the heart of Christ, God's forgiveness.

As for what the church has become, christians are known by what they are against then what they are for. The church is dead and the real Church is persecuted by the dead church. I often ask the question, the book of Revelations states that in the end the bible will be heard by everyone (as it is) and then there is a great falling away. 2,000 years ago it said that and now we see it. Pretty good guess, add that to the one world government and having to have a one world currency (that is going to be electic and is coming very soon). Darnit they would good guessers 2,000 years ago. LOL.

The "church" or what non-believers think are christians is so messed up. It is either completely ritualized and harsh and hateful or it believes in absolutely nothing. You get Jesus' name right or it doesn't matter what you believe. Jesus explained it, Love God with all your heart and neighbor as yourself. LOL. People who call themselves fundamentalists and miss the fundamentals or people who are liberal and don't believe anything. Salvation existed for Moses, he did not go to hell, he met Jesus according to the bible, just before Jesus died. He was saved or he was not, I believe he was saved. The Old Testament says that nobody is free, we all see God in the stars, nature and life. If a pre-Christian can die and be saved then it is not because of the sound of the name or the story, it is because of the heart. One that loves us being different and accepting that another took more and understands more, that we are not God and don't want to be. Jesus' name meant God's forgiveness, that the one greater than us created us and understands that we are not perfect, not him and never will be.

Just so you understand, the non-believers will ignore your thread because I am on it and the "fundamentalists" that ignore the fundamentals will ignore your thread because I am on it or they may attack me. In either case, I am trying to give my perspective as you requested in your OP.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear AwakeANDreaming,

I sure hope you read the whole thread and see how I responded to the OP. The name Jesus Christ means "God's salvation" or "God's forgiveness". I think your words were fine and did not feel in anyway offended. I have been told on this site that I should die because I am a Christian. You did not say such a thing, you question me and that is not a threat to me, that is what we should do, question one another and find OUR answers, not mine. There are people that claim to be christians that think that it is some sort of game when you have to say his name with exactly the right sound, I guess the deaf are in trouble. We are to bow to his name; but, the meaning and not the sound. That is why he will tell many who call his name that he never knew them, they don't get that part. The final question in this life is easy, it is do you forgive everyone who did you wrong, that is the heart of Christ, God's forgiveness.

As for what the church has become, christians are known by what they are against then what they are for. The church is dead and the real Church is persecuted by the dead church. I often ask the question, the book of Revelations states that in the end the bible will be heard by everyone (as it is) and then there is a great falling away. 2,000 years ago it said that and now we see it. Pretty good guess, add that to the one world government and having to have a one world currency (that is going to be electic and is coming very soon). Darnit they would good guessers 2,000 years ago. LOL.

The "church" or what non-believers think are christians is so messed up. It is either completely ritualized and harsh and hateful or it believes in absolutely nothing. You get Jesus' name right or it doesn't matter what you believe. Jesus explained it, Love God with all your heart and neighbor as yourself. LOL. People who call themselves fundamentalists and miss the fundamentals or people who are liberal and don't believe anything. Salvation existed for Moses, he did not go to hell, he met Jesus according to the bible, just before Jesus died. He was saved or he was not, I believe he was saved. The Old Testament says that nobody is free, we all see God in the stars, nature and life. If a pre-Christian can die and be saved then it is not because of the sound of the name or the story, it is because of the heart. One that loves us being different and accepting that another took more and understands more, that we are not God and don't want to be. Jesus' name meant God's forgiveness, that the one greater than us created us and understands that we are not perfect, not him and never will be.

Just so you understand, the non-believers will ignore your thread because I am on it and the "fundamentalists" that ignore the fundamentals will ignore your thread because I am on it or they may attack me. In either case, I am trying to give my perspective as you requested in your OP.

Just to clear something up, I am not the OP the this thread. I have been a passive observer for the past few years and finally decided to register. I did read the entire thread and I applaud you for your response to the OP and also for doing independent research on your own to help assist your clergy or church. I am not "dissing" the church because I see a lot of good that churches do. However, I also see much suffering humanity has endured because of religion. The biggest problem I have with Christianity as a whole is the use of fear to gain followers and faith. In my opinion that screams deceit loud and clear. "Accept our savior or burn in hell for eternal damnation" My BS detector goes off instantly.

I believe there are many truths in the bible as well other religious text. I also believe over time these various teachings have been misinterpreted, doctored, and turned into a means for certain folks to hold power over others. I do believe "Jesus" walked the earth, but I see him as a son of God in so much as you or I our sons of God. I can remember thinking at young age how maybe Jesus did not come here on a mission to die for MY sins. That maybe he came here to teach a path towards truth through love and forgiveness, however his message did not sit well with those who held power and he was killed for it.

I can not be part of a faith that preaches forgiveness with one hand, then condemns anyone who does not follow said belief to eternal damnation. To me that does not represent a loving/forgiving God or Savior in the least. If a church existed that accepted EVERYONE no matter what their idea of God was, and practiced loving EVERYONE because of our shared humanity then I may frequent that church. Till then I just practice being kind and loving to my fellow humans, not to get into heaven, but because that is what makes me happy.

Best wishes to you sir

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming

Dear AwakeANDreaming,

I am sorry for mistaking you for the OP, I was going back and forth from multiple threads and it was late. As for condemning people to hell for not being perfect, I certainly do not make that claim. Why have a son die for sins, just so we can go to hell for being imperfect? It is really more of a question for other Christians. I regret that many christians make the same mistake as those who crucified Jesus, they are all about tradition and their lack of faith leads them to be legalistic or believe in nothing.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

many christians make the same mistake as those who crucified Jesus

This is the part that confuses me most about the thought process behind his crucifixion. I am not in the church, so my views may be skewed. From my perspective how Jesus was killed causes a good amount of guilt to develop when reading the story. I mean this was suppose to be the son of god/god himself and the human race tortured and then murdered him under a mob mentality because of his teachings.

How can we look at the crucifixion as a mistake if that was the plan all along? If not a mistake then I am to cheer and support the death/torture of a very loving individual, who died for my sins. That is a hard pill for me to swallow for some reason. Knowing humans it seems more likely that we added this "he came and died for our sins intentionally" after the fact of the crucifixion to help ease the guilt caused by his death.

Much like the "Devil", how can he be embraced as the "enemy" of the church if without him the whole thing falls apart as he is a significant part of whole picture. He is also the biggest factor in recruiting new members for a lot of churches. I can't count the times I have been handed a pamphlet telling me I will burn in hell with Satan because I have not accepted Jesus as my savior. I try to follow the logic but it fails me every time.

To me on its most basic level Jesus is a symbol for love, and looking at the world through love and not your mind. Every "thought" past that skews the message and you are now relating to it through your mind not with your heart.

edit on 20-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Dear AwakeANDreaming,

This is the part that confuses me most about the thought process behind his crucifixion. I am not in the church, so my views may be skewed. From my perspective how Jesus was killed causes a good amount of guilt to develop when reading the story. I mean this was suppose to be the son of god/god himself and the human race tortured and then murdered him under a mob mentality because of his teachings. How can we look at the crucifixion as a mistake if that was the plan all along? If not a mistake then I am to cheer and support the death/torture of a very loving individual, who died for my sins. That is a hard pill for me to swallow for some reason.

I want to go back to the metaphysical discussion for a moment, in order to stay on topic. It is said that God is all knowing, Jesus as being him and his son would also be all knowing; but, Jesus was not all knowing. Think about that for a second. Jesus asked God why he had forsaken him. Why did he ask the question?

Lets say that God is all knowing and we know only partially, that we are imperfect. The sentience discussion regardless of the name we give the greater consciousness. What if we give up perfect knowledge in order to be individuals? Jesus Christ (God's forgiveness as the name means) showed that God was willing to be only a part of the father for a bit. Maybe the inverse then true and one day we will know completely; but, not permanently. God forgot something for a moment and we gain perfect understanding for a moment.

By the way, even though you have not made many posts, I think your writing style and gentle manner truly do you justice. Please do not be shy.
edit on 20-10-2012 by AQuestion because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Dear AwakeANDreaming,

This is the part that confuses me most about the thought process behind his crucifixion. I am not in the church, so my views may be skewed. From my perspective how Jesus was killed causes a good amount of guilt to develop when reading the story. I mean this was suppose to be the son of god/god himself and the human race tortured and then murdered him under a mob mentality because of his teachings. How can we look at the crucifixion as a mistake if that was the plan all along? If not a mistake then I am to cheer and support the death/torture of a very loving individual, who died for my sins. That is a hard pill for me to swallow for some reason.

I want to go back to the metaphysical discussion for a moment, in order to stay on topic. It is said that God is all knowing, Jesus as being him and his son would also be all knowing; but, Jesus was not all knowing. Think about that for a second. Jesus asked God why he had forsaken him. Why did he ask the question?

Lets say that God is all knowing and we know only partially, that we are imperfect. The sentience discussion regardless of the name we give the greater consciousness. What if we give up perfect knowledge in order to be individuals? Jesus Christ (God's forgiveness as the name means) showed that God was willing to be only a part of the father for a bit. Maybe the inverse then true and one day we will know completely; but, not permanently. God forgot something for a moment and we gain perfect understanding for a moment.

By the way, even though you have not made many posts, I think your writing style and gentle manner truly do you justice. Please do not be shy.
edit on 20-10-2012 by AQuestion because: Clarification

I have asked myself that question numerous times. "God forgot something for a moment and we gain perfect understanding for a moment." This has me thinking. I can see why fundamentalist Christians despise you! Kudos to you, not for just making the fundamentalist angry!

Thank you for the kind words about my "style". I have been a passive observer here for roughly two years and decided it was about time to get over myself and not be afraid to offer my opinion once and awhile. When it comes to peoples faith I try and be extra cautious because people hold these "things" close to their hearts. Even though I may not share the same beliefs, it doesn't make the previous statement false.

Best wishes, hopefully we cross paths again.

edit on 21-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeANDreaming
reply to post by AQuestion

I have never been a religious person honestly. However, I do emulate the teachings of Jesus everyday. Not because I believe he is my savior, or because if not I may go to hell. I do it simply because that is what happens naturally when I view the world and others from my heart. In my opinion his teachings have become something the real Jesus would not want his name associated with. Way to much judgement and projection of ones own fears onto others for my taste.

Please do not take offense to my words here, it was not an attack towards you or your beliefs at all.

Dear AwakeANDreaming,

I never found you to be mean, aggressive or unfair. I have only found you to be courteous and I hope I have been also, I have enjoyed talking to you immensely. I believe that my Lord Jesus has been abused by the world, I do not think you have done such a thing. He was abused and lied about by people that claim to be christians. Have a great week and enjoy it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join